Dwayne Bowe says Chiefs veterans were 'importing' women to hotel rooms on road trips

villain_the_foe

WTF????

WR Dwayne Bowe portrayed a team road trip in an unflattering light in the latest issue of ESPN the Magazine.

Bowe, heading into his fourth season, told ESPN that veteran players arranged for women to join members of the team in their hotel rooms on a road trip when he was a rookie.

Said Bowe, via the Kansas City Star:

"My rookie year, we were playing in San Diego. You hear stories about groupies hanging out in hotel lobbies, but some of my teammates had it set up so there was a girl in every room. The older guys get on MySpace and Facebook a week before we go to a city; when a pretty one writes back, they arrange to fly her in three or four days in advance. They call it importing."

Bowe elaborated on the story and said he was surprised how familiar the women would get with him.

"Younger guys don't have the money to do it. Anyway, these girls had the whole top floor. They know everything about us -- first and last names, sisters and brothers, salary. This one girl was talking to me like she'd known me for years. 'Hey, D-Bowe, how's Grandma?' I'm like, 'How do you know my grandma?' She knew that I talk about her every time I'm interviewed for a story.

"I told her I had a girlfriend, but she didn't care. She was wearing my jersey, sitting in my lap, making it look like we knew each other. Then she took a picture and put it on Facebook. That almost got me in trouble."

The Chiefs have not commented about Bowe's remarks. He was suspended four games last season for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs. -- Sean Leahy

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/05/dwayne-bowe-says-chiefs-veterans-were-importing-women-to-hotel-rooms-on-road-trips/1

Seeing a male celebrity walk through a supermarket is a very depressing experience for me. Knowing that most women will whore themselves at the drop of a hat for someone famous makes it harder to respect women and its hard to have a relationship with someone you don't respect. I've seen cashiers shut down their aisle just so they could leave their station and follow a minor celebrity around the store.

WTF????

WR Dwayne Bowe portrayed a team road trip in an unflattering light in the latest issue of ESPN the Magazine.

Bowe, heading into his fourth season, told ESPN that veteran players arranged for women to join members of the team in their hotel rooms on a road trip when he was a rookie.

Said Bowe, via the Kansas City Star:

"My rookie year, we were playing in San Diego. You hear stories about groupies hanging out in hotel lobbies, but some of my teammates had it set up so there was a girl in every room. The older guys get on MySpace and Facebook a week before we go to a city; when a pretty one writes back, they arrange to fly her in three or four days in advance. They call it importing."

Bowe elaborated on the story and said he was surprised how familiar the women would get with him.

"Younger guys don't have the money to do it. Anyway, these girls had the whole top floor. They know everything about us -- first and last names, sisters and brothers, salary. This one girl was talking to me like she'd known me for years. 'Hey, D-Bowe, how's Grandma?' I'm like, 'How do you know my grandma?' She knew that I talk about her every time I'm interviewed for a story.

"I told her I had a girlfriend, but she didn't care. She was wearing my jersey, sitting in my lap, making it look like we knew each other. Then she took a picture and put it on Facebook. That almost got me in trouble."

The Chiefs have not commented about Bowe's remarks. He was suspended four games last season for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs. -- Sean Leahy

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/05/dwayne-bowe-says-chiefs-veterans-were-importing-women-to-hotel-rooms-on-road-trips/1

The article makes it seem like it's a bad thing. :P

Archived