Dolphin owner predicts SB next February

NIGHT STALKER

Posted by Evan Silva on June 5, 2010 12:39 PM ET

Dolphins majority owner Stephen Ross spoke at Miami Beach High on Saturday morning, and says he envisions big things for the Fins in 2010.

"I think in February we're going to be playing in the Super Bowl," Ross said. "[Coach Tony Sparano] thinks that, too. So does every player on that team. So I don't think there's any pressure. You just got to go out and do it."

The Dolphins finished last season 7-9, dropping their final three games.

Ross, a Michigan alum, is also high on fellow former Wolverine Chad Henne, who is entering his first full season as a starter.

"Chad has been the greatest quarterback University of Michigan has had," said Ross. "And I'm sure that I'm hoping, as is everyone else, that he goes down as the greatest quarterback in Miami Dolphins history -- and you know what that will mean."

That would mean Henne having a better career than Dan Marino.

"Chad Henne can handle pressure, that I can tell you," Ross continued. "He started at the University of Michigan as a true freshman, playing in front of 110,000 people and leading them to the Big Ten Championship as a true freshman. I think the Miami Dolphins have a great quarterback for the future and I think everybody in South Florida is excited about what Chad Henne brings to this team."

this is news? besides, lets not be like that site of assclowns, finheaven, and post every little stupid thing about the fins and then talk about how they suck and their owner is a self-righteous douchebag.

It was posted more for the fin trolls...I wanted a reaction from them. Usually stirs up some good debates during this boring offseason of what to post and what not to post.

Hey Bill, compared to some of those "Best combined roster" threads this is like a breath of cool, fresh air-and we south Floridians know how refreshing that would be at this juncture-110 degree heat index and all

Posted by Evan Silva on June 5, 2010 12:39 PM ET

Dolphins majority owner Stephen Ross spoke at Miami Beach High on Saturday morning, and says he envisions big things for the Fins in 2010.

"I think in February we're going to be playing in the Super Bowl," Ross said. "[Coach Tony Sparano] thinks that, too. So does every player on that team. So I don't think there's any pressure. You just got to go out and do it."

The Dolphins finished last season 7-9, dropping their final three games.

Ross, a Michigan alum, is also high on fellow former Wolverine Chad Henne, who is entering his first full season as a starter.

"Chad has been the greatest quarterback University of Michigan has had," said Ross. "And I'm sure that I'm hoping, as is everyone else, that he goes down as the greatest quarterback in Miami Dolphins history -- and you know what that will mean."

That would mean Henne having a better career than Dan Marino.

"Chad Henne can handle pressure, that I can tell you," Ross continued. "He started at the University of Michigan as a true freshman, playing in front of 110,000 people and leading them to the Big Ten Championship as a true freshman. I think the Miami Dolphins have a great quarterback for the future and I think everybody in South Florida is excited about what Chad Henne brings to this team."

Buwahaha! Best laugh I've had in a long time. Thanks for posting.

Just curious, how are seats selling at Sun Life?

Buwahaha! Best laugh I've had in a long time. Thanks for posting.

Just curious, how are seats selling at Sun Life?

A Jets fan clowning on Chad Henne? Buwahaha. How bout you save the laughing until youre no longer 0-2 against the guy :box:.

Amazing that you've never responded to my post about Henne's abysmal finish to the season. :rolleyes:

You're referring to the fact that the Dolphins beat the Jags in Week 14 to go 7-6. They moved up to the No. 6 seed and controlled their own playoff destiny. At that point Henne had 9 TDs and 9 INTs.

The Fins lost their last 3 games and failed to make the playoffs.

Henne threw 3 TDs and 5 INTs in those last 3 games.

In fact, in Henne's last 6 starts, the Fins went 2-4 and Henne had 6 TDs and 10 INTs.

Henne was bad down the stretch when the Fins needed him most.

You're referring to the fact that the Dolphins beat the Jags in Week 14 to go 7-6. They moved up to the No. 6 seed and controlled their own playoff destiny. At that point Henne had 9 TDs and 9 INTs.

The Fins lost their last 3 games and failed to make the playoffs.

Henne threw 3 TDs and 5 INTs in those last 3 games.

In fact, in Henne's last 6 starts, the Fins went 2-4 and Henne had 6 TDs and 10 INTs.

Henne was bad down the stretch when the Fins needed him most.

Bad? He was awful. He completely sucked when it mattered most.

Sanchez, on the other hand....

Archived