PSL Price Reductions

jaspegs

Pre-season tickets sold for a profit, Come on now :rolleyes:

Ask them if they also wanna buy a bridge ive got 4 sale.

How about the FREE PARKING I notice you IGNORED that?

Sold the Giants game for $650/pair w/ parking, Sold the Skins game for $280/pair w/parking.

$930.00

My ticket and parking cost - $610.00

That is $320.00 twoards my PSLs from the pre-season.

Working on selling the Pats game next, once I find some cheap seats elsewhere I will pull the trigger. I have a buyer at $1,800/pair I am trying to hold out for $2,000.

As for the parking perk... no I did not get free parking.... I got other perks (one of which I sold for $200) that were more worth it to me and almost covered parking as well.

Also let me be clear.... obviously you will loose money by buying season tickets PSL or no PSL... it is an expense, not an investment. To think otherwise is silly, but it has always been this way... PSLs just increase the expense.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Principal?

What a joke... do they get outraged when CVS has their tampon brand on sale but Rite-Aide doesn't, do they boycott CVS over principal? You know CVS could sell them at less of a profit like Rite Aide... sort of like Woody could make less of a profit like other teams.

Principal is a lame excuse for "I just don't want to spend the cash" why they feel the need to cover it up is beyond me.

Before you say it is different, this is a large expense. Please remember this is about the principal of it not the money.

Ecurb -- this may be hard for you to understand but some people do have lines. Things that matter to them. In the case that I illustrated it isn't about money. I am not going to get into it and defend that this isn't money related. But everyone has seen a tailgating vehicle that was purchased for tailgating. And it cost twice what my current house costs.

This isn't about money.

Ecurb -- this may be hard for you to understand but some people do have lines. Things that matter to them. In the case that I illustrated it isn't about money. I am not going to get into it and defend that this isn't money related. But everyone has seen a tailgating vehicle that was purchased for tailgating. And it cost twice what my current house costs.

This isn't about money.

Well they have very poor and selective principles then... things cost more sometimes it is no reason to get all bent about it.

They own a bike dealership right?

I am willing to bet their bikes aren't always the best price or value, if their customers followed their "principles" they would be out of business.

It is about money, no matter how hard you try to make it about some phony principles.

If tickets were $5,000/ea and there were no PSL's they would buy in based on the logic you are using.... money is not the issue right?

It is about money, no matter how hard you try to make it about some phony principles.

Wrong. To some people, their principles are more important than anything else. The only people who think that everything is always about money are salesmen.

Just to illustrate the point of some people here, I work part time in a supermarket on the weekends. Some people absolutely refuse to buy products from certain countries. For example, we'll occassionally get our grapes from Chile. Several people refuse to buy from there regardless of whether they're on sale or not. A customer even asks me everytime she's in the store shopping where they're from. It doesn't matter to her whether they're $3.99/lb or $.99/lb. She just will not buy from that country.

It's the same with the PSL's. They could keep reducing them all they want, some people will just not buy it because a PSL is attached. To some, they could easily afford it but they choose not to buy them because they don't agree with the whole idea of PSL's. That has nothing to do with money to them.

Well they have very poor and selective principles then... things cost more sometimes it is no reason to get all bent about it.

I am willing to bet their bikes aren't always the best price or value, if their customers followed their "principles" they would be out of business.

If tickets were $5,000/ea and there were no PSL's they would buy in based on the logic you are using.... money is not the issue right?

Dude you are actually getting annoying with this. Judging what is important to someone else? Be real man, what is important to one person may not matter to another. Trust me when I say that this is not about money. You said this is about money to everyone.

It is all about value. The Jets have clearly done a poor job of offering fair value or demonstrating the value in PSLs. If they had done that all these price reductions would not be needed. The stadium wouldn't be sold out.

I proved you wrong on the money issue so let's just end this part of the conversation.

I am still on the fence about buying a PSL. Why should I do it?

Wrong. To some people, their principles are more important than anything else. The only people who think that everything is always about money are salesmen.

My experience agrees with this. For example my mom will think nothing of spending several thousands of dollars on a vacation to Disney, but paying their outrageous prices for soda -- no way. So my dad winds up carrying a backpack weighing several pounds full of soda from the grocery store to save like five bucks.

People often have well defined ideas about what they will pay for and won't pay for. Pay for tickets to a sporting event --- sure. Pay for the right to buy tickets to a sporting even no way.

Buy a soda -- no problem. Throw away the nickel deposit instead of carrying it at the fair for 7 hours, are you nuts that is total waste of money to throw away the nickel.

I know one girl who thought it was totally unfair that in Belgium there were public urinals for the boys but girls had to pay 25 cents to use a public toilet. She held it until she got back to the hotel even though she was in absolute agony for the last two hours and her friends had offered to give her the money. She would absolutely not pay for a public toilet on principle.

Dude you are actually getting annoying with this. Judging what is important to someone else? Be real man, what is important to one person may not matter to another. Trust me when I say that this is not about money. You said this is about money to everyone.

It is all about value. The Jets have clearly done a poor job of offering fair value or demonstrating the value in PSLs. If they had done that all these price reductions would not be needed. The stadium wouldn't be sold out.

I proved you wrong on the money issue so let's just end this part of the conversation.

I am still on the fence about buying a PSL. Why should I do it?

Seems like this thread died once I asked for the true value in a PSL and the real reasons why I should buy one.

Value?

I thought this had nothing to do with the money?

Plain and simple, if money were not an object you and everyone else would be fighting for the best seats in the house regardless of the PSL's and their principles.

It is a money thing, if you were filthy rich you would be front row in the coaches club with the kids in private school.

Dude, weren't you unemployed for a while and struggling with your new job? Kudos for turning everything around. No matter on how you got the money congrats on your seats in 111A... those are some sweet ass seats. I had originally bought 2 in MezzA but after the price drop I moved down to the LLEZ and got a $3,000 refund and IMO I am sitting in better seats now. It is all a personal preference at the end of the day but for sure your seats will sell better than mine in a StubHub/Ticketmaster situation, depending on the opponent.

Again, congrats Bruce and hope all is well for you. Let all the PSL haters cry. The PSL's are now at a low of $2,500 for LLEZ and MezzB and some of the $4,000 PSL's in MezzA are available too since there is a fair amount of us ex-MezzA'ers who have moved to the LLEZ or MezzB.

A 15 year payment plan is $800 down and less than $800 a year for 14 years and you can pay it off at any time and owe less of an interest. And that's just for the MezzA seats! For LLEZ or MezzB its $800 a year down and for 14 years, for 2 seats, you owe $430 something, not for each seat but for both!

Almost anyone can afford PSL's, kids or no kids.

I only feel sorry for those who can't afford, the small group that it just isn't financially sound for them. I do not feel bad for the people who continue to bitch about the prices because of "principles" ... gimme a break. Then in fact going to the stadium and supporting the Jets wasn't that important to you to begin with. Period.

Value?

Plain and simple, if money were not an object you and everyone else would be fighting for the best seats in the house regardless of the PSL's and their principles.

Yes I already won that part of the debate.

Now I am asking you to show me why PSLs are good for me.

Dude, weren't you unemployed for a while and struggling with your new job? Kudos for turning everything around. No matter on how you got the money congrats on your seats in 111A... those are some sweet ass seats. I had originally bought 2 in MezzA but after the price drop I moved down to the LLEZ and got a $3,000 refund and IMO I am sitting in better seats now. It is all a personal preference at the end of the day but for sure your seats will sell better than mine in a StubHub/Ticketmaster situation, depending on the opponent.

Again, congrats Bruce and hope all is well for you. Let all the PSL haters cry. The PSL's are now at a low of $2,500 for LLEZ and MezzB and some of the $4,000 PSL's in MezzA are available too since there is a fair amount of us ex-MezzA'ers who have moved to the LLEZ or MezzB.

A 15 year payment plan is $800 down and less than $800 a year for 14 years and you can pay it off at any time and owe less of an interest. And that's just for the MezzA seats! For LLEZ or MezzB its $800 a year down and for 14 years, for 2 seats, you owe $430 something, not for each seat but for both!

Almost anyone can afford PSL's, kids or no kids.

I only feel sorry for those who can't afford, the small group that it just isn't financially sound for them. I do not feel bad for the people who continue to bitch about the prices because of "principles" ... gimme a break. Then in fact going to the stadium and supporting the Jets wasn't that important to you to begin with. Period.

Hi Joe.

Good post.

One technical note, I see that your section has changed. Because of your previous comments, I realize that your posting future here is uncertain. If you decide to continue posting here, which we hope you do, we can give you the 104 user name.

There is an administrative fee of $49.99 plus a one time handling fee of $25 for this move. We have the name reserved for you, so if you decide to take us up on this offer please let me know directly.

Thanks and we hope that your posting experience here is a good one.

Value?

Hi Bruce.

Good post.

One technical note, I see that you are a season ticker holder now. If you would like to update your username, we can give you the 111 or 111a user name.

There is an administrative fee of $49.99 plus a one time handling fee of $25 for this move. We have the name reserved for you, so if you decide to take us up on this offer please let me know directly.

Thanks and we hope that your posting experience here is a good one.

Value?

If money was not an object you would have a hard time getting me out of the Lawrence Taylor VIP room at the bada-bing club on Route 3.

For the AFC Championship, I could pay 4x face value and still be ahead of the game when you factor in the money wasted on preseason tickets as well as PSL payments.

Considering that the Jets have played 2 home playoff games in the last 20 years, I wouldn't be overly concerned about breaking the bank for playoff tickets every year.

:rl:

Exactly. How many times do you suppose the AFC Championship game will be played by the Jets at home before we're onto the next new stadium and PSLs?

If it's three, that'd be a ton.

purchasing the right to purchase something just doesn't make sense... even if you are Daddy Warbucks. If you want to look at the Jets as an expense like country club membership or buying season tickets to the Metropolitan Opera... fair enough. But there is no lens to look through where PSLs are a "good deal" financially.

If money was not an object you would have a hard time getting me out of the Lawrence Taylor VIP room at the bada-bing club on Route 3.

You should buy season tix because you are a diehard JETS fan, that is why.

Principles is not a valid argument, especially not with a team that has embarrassed us time and time again over the last 20 years while you continued to pay them money.

So what other obstacles are in your way?

Money? You claim not.

Time? You did it last year.

Location? 30 feet to the left now.

I do not see why you have opted out if money is not an issue, if money is an issue well then I understand 100%.

purchasing the right to purchase something just doesn't make sense... even if you are Daddy Warbucks. If you want to look at the Jets as an expense like country club membership or buying season tickets to the Metropolitan Opera... fair enough. But there is no lens to look through where PSLs are a "good deal" financially.

"Good Deal" is a very loose term...

It is an entertainment expense, a luxury, not an investment.

If you enjoy yourself there for the next 30 years, most would consider that a GREAT Deal, think about all the crap we waste money on that gives us little or no enjoyment.

Over the next 30 years those spending $125/mo on cable will have spent $45,000... a great deal? Hell no, but you enjoyed watching.

You act like the concept of shopping around for better prices doesn't exist.

Your analogy stinks because for Jets fans, the Jets are the only game in town, it's a monopoly.

There's more than one place to get the exact same bike.

Principal?

What a joke... do they get outraged when CVS has their tampon brand on sale but Rite-Aide doesn't, do they boycott CVS over principal? You know CVS could sell them at less of a profit like Rite Aide... sort of like Woody could make less of a profit like other teams.

Principal is a lame excuse for "I just don't want to spend the cash" why they feel the need to cover it up is beyond me.

Before you say it is different, this is a large expense. Please remember this is about the principal of it not the money.

Big difference. Pharmacies don't make you purchase a customer license in order to have the priviledge/ability to purchase the tampon.

I have met this Kingsley group. Trust me, it's not about the money. Their tailgate spread was big, they were generous with it, they did not charge people to partake. You really would be hard pressed to find a nicer group of Jets fans. You are dead wrong about this, Ecurb. It's not about the money.

Big difference. Pharmacies don't make you purchase a customer license in order to have the priviledge/ability to purchase the tampon.

I have met this Kingsley group. Trust me, it's not about the money. Their tailgate spread was big, they were generous with it, they did not charge people to partake. You really would be hard pressed to find a nicer group of Jets fans. You are dead wrong about this, Ecurb. It's not about the money.

It is about the money...

Oh and if the CVS thing doesnt work for you, lets hope not one of those guys belongs to Costco/BJs etc.

"Good Deal" is a very loose term...

It is an entertainment expense, a luxury, not an investment.

If you enjoy yourself there for the next 30 years, most would consider that a GREAT Deal, think about all the crap we waste money on that gives us little or no enjoyment.

Over the next 30 years those spending $125/mo on cable will have spent $45,000... a great deal? Hell no, but you enjoyed watching.

EXACTLY. 110% correct.

And I am going to enjoy myself a hell of a lot more in the LLEZ than I would in the Upper Level. I will pay the extra $5,000 for two seats in the LL every day of the year. There are some people who prefer those Upper Level seats though and that is a personal preference. Good for them.

The Jets did a smart thing by lowering the LLEZ and MezzB PSL's... now they just need to lower MezzA and they will be sold out, in non-Club areas, by Week 1. They don't need to sell out the club areas. As long as all non-club areas are sold there will be no blackouts and there were 1,000 LLEZ, MezzB and MezzA seats sold by earlier this week.

that reminds me, gotta call up and cancel the sunday ticket. the Jets are on national Tv like a half dozen times this year.

It is about the money...

Oh and if the CVS thing doesnt work for you, lets hope not one of those guys belongs to Costco/BJs etc.

How can you make such a blanket, definitive statement about people you have never met?

No offense, Ecurb, but I am pretty sure the owner could buy you, sell you, buy you again and sell you again - at a loss, I am sure - and not blink an eye. Some people actually have prinicpals. Imagine that! It matters not whether you agree with that principal. It is theirs.

How can you make such a blanket, definitive statement about people you have never met?

No offense, Ecurb, but I am pretty sure the owner could buy you, sell you, buy you again and sell you again - at a loss, I am sure - and not blink an eye. Some people actually have prinicpals. Imagine that! It matters not whether you agree with that principal. It is theirs.

My point is that the "principle" argument is bogus.

He pays for cable that is available over the air with the right equipment.

I am sure he pays for the right to shop at costco.

He payed for season tickets prior that were more expensive than other teams offered.

Why is the principle only applied when the cost went up? Because it is bogus.

What I find most fascinating is that the two biggest PSL champions in this thread are 124 and ECURB.

Both good guys, and so I mean no disrespect here, but one guy who's talked constantly about his unemployment and seemingly rare ability to keep a steady job and another who's 22 and works at foot locker. Again, no offense is meant, simply a statement of fact.

The issue here is about 'can't afford'. 124 is right if we're going to look at it from that angle as narrowly as the phrase means. Most people here could pony up the money for a low level PSL.

However, the real issue, is not about 'can't afford', it's about 'shouldn't spend', which are being looked at, and I'm not really sure wrongly, as the same thing. When you have a mortgage, kids, tuition, etc, the point is you probably 'shouldn't spend' that kind of money on something that has no real market value.

Ecurb and 124, I'm sure you'll both have a great time at the games, but I sure as hell hope it never rains. Figuratively speaking, of course.

My point is that the "principle" argument is bogus.

He pays for cable that is available over the air with the right equipment.

I am sure he pays for the right to shop at costco.

He payed for season tickets prior that were more expensive than other teams offered.

Why is the principle only applied when the cost went up? Because it is bogus.

Costco's business model still offers a savings, both in the short and long term. PSLs offer more spending, both in the short and long term.

What I find most fascinating is that the two biggest PSL champions in this thread are 124 and ECURB.

Both good guys, and so I mean no disrespect here, but one guy who's talked constantly about his unemployment and seemingly rare ability to keep a steady job and another who's 22 and works at foot locker. Again, no offense is meant, simply a statement of fact.

The issue here is about 'can't afford'. 124 is right if we're going to look at it from that angle as narrowly as the phrase means. Most people here could pony up the money for a low level PSL.

However, the real issue, is not about 'can't afford', it's about 'shouldn't spend', which are being looked at, and I'm not really sure wrongly, as the same thing. When you have a mortgage, kids, tuition, etc, the point is you probably 'shouldn't spend' that kind of money on something that has no real market value.

Ecurb and 124, I'm sure you'll both have a great time at the games, but I sure as hell hope it never rains. Figuratively speaking, of course.

I agree 100% if you should not spend it, don't.

My argument is against the "principles" crowd who claim money is not the obstacle.

Costco's business model still offers a savings, both in the short and long term. PSLs offer more spending, both in the short and long term.

Not if you waste half of what you buy because it was intended for a family of 10... lol... not that I would do that... :bag:

PSLs offer you a steady price to watch every game with no risk of inflation due to the teams success. They also offer you top seat choices that were not available for the last 20+ years.

I agree 100% if you should not spend it, don't.

My argument is against the "principles" crowd who claim money is not the obstacle.

And my point is most people shouldn't spend it, because the value/investment is way off.

As for principles, neither I nor you can have that argument because we are not the people abstaining.

I'll tell you that my dad's best friend's net worth is probably equal to that of the top 10-20 earners on this board combined, and he traded in his Porsche for a $40,000 Toyota hybrid. Why? Because he believes they cause less environmental impact, which he feels is important, and he stands by his principles.

I think EY nails it.

The PSLs are not an investment. They are an entertainment expense. And a large one at that. The biggest problem with them is you are locking in an very high entertainment expense.

It is one thing to lock in a mortgage payment, you need a place to live. But to lock in a very large entertainment expense makes less sense. Time get tough the area you cut back is entertainment. Go on shorter vacations, go to the movies less, eat home more. But a PSL means you are obligated to pay a decent quantity of cash for entertainment purposes.

But than again I am also someone who believes you should never borrow to go on vacation. Save up for vacation and then go to Europe, Vegas or wherever, but don't max out the credit cards on a vacation to be paid for afterwards.

Not if you waste half of what you buy because it was intended for a family of 10... lol... not that I would do that... :bag:

PSLs offer you a steady price to watch every game with no risk of inflation due to the teams success. They also offer you top seat choices that were not available for the last 20+ years.

What about the risk of a lockout?

What about the risk of another major financial crisis?

What if the Jets suck for 5-10 years straight (not so far fetched)?

What if you're forced to move?

What if your kid gets into Harvard?

On the other hand, as JH pointed out, my initial savings is so great, especially w/ preseason games, that I can eat a large amount of this 'inflation' during the good years and reap the financial benefits in those rare years the Jets don't make it to a home AFC Championship Game. And, if life throws me a curveball, I can walk away with nothing lost.

And my point is most people shouldn't spend it, because the value/investment is way off.

As for principles, neither I nor you can have that argument because we are not the people abstaining.

I'll tell you that my dad's best friend's net worth is probably equal to that of the top 10-20 earners on this board combined, and he traded in his Porsche for a $40,000 Toyota hybrid. Why? Because he believes they cause less environmental impact, which he feels is important, and he stands by his principles.

That is a great thing to care for the environment, the only thing that has changed for them buying JETS tickets however is the cost. They are not saving the world by holding out.

What about the risk of a lockout?

What about the risk of another major financial crisis?

What if the Jets suck for 5-10 years straight (not so far fetched)?

What if you're forced to move?

What if your kid gets into Harvard?

On the other hand, as JH pointed out, my initial savings is so great, especially w/ preseason games, that I can eat a large amount of this 'inflation' during the good years and reap the financial benefits in those rare years the Jets don't make it to a home AFC Championship Game. And, if life throws me a curveball, I can walk away with nothing lost.

Worst case? I will sell the PSL and rights to my awesome seats, I hope not to but I bought more valuable ones for this reason. I did not walk into this blindfolded.

Archived