*** The Goonies: Mafia Game Thread ***

Integrity28

I have trouble reading CTM early on in games for this reason. His prodding and scum-baiting as town throws me off, and I have trouble differentiating between that and actual scumminess. With that said, his initial reason for voting me was just absurd in my opinion, particularly the way he quoted multiple posts as if he was going through the motions of building a case on someone, haha. Then he completely ignored my explanation and reiterated his ridiculous claim, which somehow earned 3 more, very quick votes. It's possible he completely misunderstood my question and unintentionally overlooked my explanation, but the whole thing felt weird to me. The only way I really buy his townhood is if he was baiting, which he is known to do, so I'm not sure what's up with him.

well, I'd say the speed of your train was interesting... wouldn't you, mighty hermaphrodite?

the only problem is that i think people are getting bored and ready to lynch anyone. Jetscode seems very eager to lynch all day though, i will say. I don't think we should vote him however, as it's still weak sauce and he's just returned to the fold...i have my eye on him..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

(2) Jif - Vic, SMC

(4) Dan - Pac, JIF, Jetscode, Wombat

(3) Jetscode - Crusher, Dan, Irish

(1) Runin - BG

(2) BG - CTM, Pac

With 13 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE: Saturday 11:00 PM

I'm here and caught up. Not sure on either of the main lynch candidates. I'm leaning more towards Pac simply because he's either so bored with the game that hes playing sloppy or there's some other weird reason he's constantly voting and unvoting to go along with whoever votes after he did. Plus he was quite eager to get rid of the silenced Vic without even considering why he was just posting the smileys and kept it up even at L-2. Why did you want him at L-1? So someone not really paying much attention would come along and hammer him before we truly found out?

Plus Dan, myself, and at least two others asked you why you were good for a lynch on Dan, myself, or two others.. I forgot who the other two were. You NEVER answered why for any of those.

Pac.

ok so I'm about to hit my mafia wall but not before I win 1 or 2 more games for the season.

Attention Townies: good news - I've decided to try... feel free to ride my back to victory.

ok so this putz I28 likely tried to jam a lot of roles/twists into the game because his ego couldn't take not putting up a "spectacular" game.

With 13 players I think the safe assumption is 3 scumbags (Mother F is the Godmother and her 2 lame-brained sons are the other scum). I'm inclined to believe there's a SK or some type of lone player but we can let night 1 tell us more.

In the meantime I think Vic, Dan, and Naeann are all quality day 1 lynches and we obviously have to keep our eye on the 2 egomaniacs SMC and CTM.

Not sure what the monkey has in store for us but there will likely be some surprises as he set the game in motion in the underground caves and mentioned the "booby traps" in the opening scene.

Ahh... found it.

I'm here and caught up. Not sure on either of the main lynch candidates. I'm leaning more towards Pac simply because he's either so bored with the game that hes playing sloppy or there's some other weird reason he's constantly voting and unvoting to go along with whoever votes after he did. Plus he was quite eager to get rid of the silenced Vic without even considering why he was just posting the smileys and kept it up even at L-2. Why did you want him at L-1? So someone not really paying much attention would come along and hammer him before we truly found out?

Plus Dan, myself, and at least two others asked you why you were good for a lynch on Dan, myself, or two others.. I forgot who the other two were. You NEVER answered why for any of those.

Pac.

Is this a vote? I am assuming yes.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

(2) Jif - Vic, SMC

(4) Dan - Pac, JIF, Jetscode, Wombat

(3) Jetscode - Crusher, Dan, Irish

(1) Runin - BG

(2) BG - CTM, Pac

(1) Pac - Nae

With 13 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE: Saturday 11:00 PM

Pac.

Hello my little friend. *kisses your forehead softly*

With 20+ people playing there would be a reason a day 1 could last a week or more... with 13 not so much.

I won't lie I am starting to get a little tired of playing mafia (been like 5-6 months straight). With this being either the last or 2nd to last game we play before a long hiatus I want to get going. Since on the first couple days I've been wrong way more than right, I'm inclined to suspend the over analysis and get to the business of stringing someone up. I will not apologize for that.

To answer your last question:

Dan - has pissed me off in the last couple games.

Vic - pissed me off last game.

You - won't be around much to fight your lynch.

I still heart you all though!

With 20+ people playing there would be a reason a day 1 could last a week or more... with 13 not so much.

I won't lie I am starting to get a little tired of playing mafia (been like 5-6 months straight). With this being either the last or 2nd to last game we play before a long hiatus I want to get going. Since on the first couple days I've been wrong way more than right, I'm inclined to suspend the over analysis and get to the business of stringing someone up. I will not apologize for that.

At least I haven't pissed you off... yet. :P I'm satisfied with my vote on you still though. I know it's only day one but your top 3 candidates are because of metagaming and because I'm not active enough and therefore an "easy lynch" since I apparently wont be around to defend myself.

It may just be because I'm drunk, but I laughed my ass off at this.

lol... the i want you to want to suck my dick and i ****ed your son's dog where the best..

Pac.

chimPacomon usually doesn't have the stones to play like this as scum. It's possible he's gotten a little more brave after his last experiances as scum, but i have doubts.. my 2 cents.

I'm sick of people complaining about playing teh mafia goodness. Why do you women get so emotionally involved? Shut up and play, you signed up pinhead.

That said, I'm eager as well, and since I'm not scum, I dont find you scummy. I say we either lynch someone asap. Dan, BG and JC, in that order.

Just because I didn't provide a reason doesn't mean I didn't have one. I found your disbelief of the silencing to be scummy.

Haha. Generally it helps the town if you give a reason for voting someone. :P Sharing what you find suspicious (especially if you're putting that person at L-3) helps other townies who might not have noticed something or might be wavering on who seems the shadiest to them. It's also nice to give me the chance to address your concerns.

I was suspicious of the "silencing" at first because it seemed pretty ridiculous to me, whether it was real or fake. I was trying to catch up on the game at work, and all those stupid smileys were giving me a headache. I can see how it might look odd to you if you bought it from the start, but we've never had a silencing/post restriction work like this before, and my first impression was that it was really silly and aggravating. You'll notice though that once I got home and I28 basically confirmed a silencing had occurred, at least I tried to make the best of it and get some information from Vicious, which is more than most other people did.

Haha. Generally it helps the town if you give a reason for voting someone. :P Sharing what you find suspicious (especially if you're putting that person at L-3) helps other townies who might not have noticed something or might be wavering on who seems the shadiest to them. It's also nice to give me the chance to address your concerns.

I was suspicious of the "silencing" at first because it seemed pretty ridiculous to me, whether it was real or fake. I was trying to catch up on the game at work, and all those stupid smileys were giving me a headache. I can see how it might look odd to you if you bought it from the start, but we've never had a silencing/post restriction work like this before, and my first impression was that it was really silly and aggravating. You'll notice though that once I got home and I28 basically confirmed a silencing had occurred, at least I tried to make the best of it and get some information from Vicious, which is more than most other people did.

Another factor that initially made me wary was how it started out fairly subtly, then once other people started wondering about it, Vicious was posting a lot more frequently and using rows of smileys instead of just a single smiley here and there. I would have thought he'd go nuts trying to draw attention to it right from the start. It had the feeling of some kind of set up to me, but that has turned out to be most likely wrong, and I dropped it after my initial questioning of it.

Another factor that initially made me wary was how it started out fairly subtly, then once other people started wondering about it, Vicious was posting a lot more frequently and using rows of smileys instead of just a single smiley here and there. I would have thought he'd go nuts trying to draw attention to it right from the start. It had the feeling of some kind of set up to me, but that has turned out to be most likely wrong, and I dropped it after my initial questioning of it.

Still looks like you want everyone to buy into smiley-code-babble theory?

From my view it appears you uncoded two message from the Vic:

You were town

I was scum

Nice...Funny how that works to your advantage.

Then you wonder how you earned my vote. Why didn't you ask Vic for his take on the rest of players...or was this not a path you wanted to follow.

In my mind your highly suspect...just on the fact you want to use Vic's silencing to your own advantage.

Still looks like you want everyone to buy into smiley-code-babble theory?

From my view it appears you uncoded two message from the Vic:

You were town

I was scum

Nice...Funny how that works to your advantage.

Then you wonder how you earned my vote. Why didn't you ask Vic for his take on the rest of players...or was this not a path you wanted to follow.

In my mind your highly suspect...just on the fact you want to use Vic's silencing to your own advantage.

Either you're really confused, or you're doing this on purpose. Please go back and read those posts again. A) Vicious never said he thought I was town. B) I asked him to tell us anyone who stood out to him as scummy/innocent. I didn't bring up any specific names at that time. He brought your name up. I then directly asked him about you simply to clarify whether he was using the right number of smileys or not.

At least I haven't pissed you off... yet. :P I'm satisfied with my vote on you still though. I know it's only day one but your top 3 candidates are because of metagaming and because I'm not active enough and therefore an "easy lynch" since I apparently wont be around to defend myself.

Yeah, I can see how he'd be resentful of Vic and me, but his entire reasoning on you was that you'd be one of the easiest people to lynch, haha. I doubt he would be so blatant as scum, but who knows.

Either you're really confused, or you're doing this on purpose. Please go back and read those posts again. A) Vicious never said he thought I was town. B) I asked him to tell us anyone who stood out to him as scummy/innocent. I didn't bring up any specific names at that time. He brought your name up. I then directly asked him about you simply to clarify whether he was using the right number of smileys or not.

Sound like your having a hard time paying attention...

At 2:37

I think this is a pretty ridiculous post restriction if that's what it is. But we might as well try our best to communicate with you. Vicious, how about you share your thoughts on people. 1 smiley = they seem townie to you. 2 smileys = suspicious.

@mod Hypothetically, if a player were silenced/post-restricted, would you give us any clues that this has happened?

At 2:40

:shutit:

You make up the smiley code and within three short minutes Vic gives you the one smiley and confirms your a townie.

lol... the i want you to want to suck my dick and i ****ed your son's dog where the best..

Just to be clear, it's still hilarious when sober. I think what made the last one so great is it just starting with "sssshhhh" and then the whispering of "I ****ed your son's dog". I was also a big fan of Swayer's "while you're at it I could use a blowjob".

Also just some of the reactions that were already in those scenes make it that much greater.

Sound like your having a hard time paying attention...

At 2:37

At 2:40

You make up the smiley code and within three short minutes Vic gives you the one smiley and confirms your a townie.

Ok, I guess so. I honestly read that as a "yes" to my question/plan at the time because he also did the exact same thing after the second post where I changed the number when I realized it would be confusing. You're right, though, he definitely could have meant he thought I was town. :)

The second part of my post stands, though. I wasn't too suspicious of you until your weird responses after Vicious FOSed you. I didn't start looking at you more carefully until after Vicious brought up your name first.

With a deadline looming and in the interest of getting something going I'm going to move my vote onto one of the current trains. I know I caught heat for not doing so yesterday even before a deadline was mentioned, but I still really have a problem that we've heard nothing from Runin. Also, not sure why just this morning Nae is cast a vote on someone who had none, now that there's a deadline.

All of that said, I think amongst our realistic candidates I'd be ok with either Dan or Jetscode. However, while I've found some of her play weird, I haven't yet caught any of the things from Dan that I would consider her scum tells, so while I'm not completely against going there later if necessary at this point I'm going to:

Unvote

Vote: Jetscode

At 2:47

You amend the smiley code babble.

Ok then. Amending my previous plan because I realize it could be confusing. Feel free to add to our ridiculous Vic-code.

1 smiley = yes

2 smileys = no

3 smileys = suspicious

4 smileys = seems townie to you

At 2:53

Vic appears to give me the seems townie code.

:shutit::shutit::shutit::shutit:

At 2:57

Vic adds four smilies to more of my quotes

:shutit::shutit::shutit::shutit:

At 3:07

You re-interpret Vic's message to change your code to indicate that Vic really meant to say I was suspicious.

I assume you're intending 4 smileys to equal "suspicious"?

Also sorry if I'm being abrupt ... the school started this week and I've never been so exasperated in my life. Principal-ing is definitely not for me. After an hour there, my patience is GONE.

Of course, no rationales for this suspicion

This was why I had initially read it that way ... he did the same thing both times, which I had read as a "yes". I've been corrected, though ... he certainly may have been saying he thought I was town the first time.

I think this is a pretty ridiculous post restriction if that's what it is. But we might as well try our best to communicate with you. Vicious, how about you share your thoughts on people. 1 smiley = they seem townie to you. 2 smileys = suspicious.

@mod Hypothetically, if a player were silenced/post-restricted, would you give us any clues that this has happened?

Ok then. Amending my previous plan because I realize it could be confusing. Feel free to add to our ridiculous Vic-code.

1 smiley = yes

2 smileys = no

3 smileys = suspicious

4 smileys = seems townie to you

Either way, what I was doing was giving him an opportunity to share his thoughts on anyone he wanted to. I still believe that this benefits us in the long run because the point of scum silencing town is to get us to stop talking/sharing information. If Vicious is NKed the first night or silenced again tomorrow or something else along those lines, it's good to have an idea of what he was seeing. If he's scum, it's better to have him participate rather than get an automatic free pass to say nothing all day.

At 2:47

You amend the smiley code babble.

At 2:53

Vic appears to give me the seems townie code.

At 2:57

Vic adds four smilies to more of my quotes

At 3:07

You re-interpret Vic's message to change your code to indicate that Vic really meant to say I was suspicious.

Of course, no rationales for this suspicion

This was why I had initially read it that way ... he did the same thing both times, which I had read as a "yes". I've been corrected, though ... he certainly may have been saying he thought I was town the first time.

Either way, what I was doing was giving him an opportunity to share his thoughts on anyone he wanted to. I still believe that this benefits us in the long run because the point of scum silencing town is to get us to stop talking/sharing information. If Vicious is NKed the first night or silenced again tomorrow or something else along those lines, it's good to have an idea of what he was seeing. If he's scum, it's better to have him participate rather than get an automatic free pass to say nothing all day.

First day reads are rarely accurate and I'm not sure by what logic Vic would suspect me. Yet, you took his opinion and ran with it. Haven't heard much from Vic lately, any ideas where he ran off to?

I say we mass reveal.

I'm game... we need a boost of energy..

once everyone agrees.. we can figure out the logistics..

actually though.. we have a deadline tonight.. so we'll need to do this quickly

First day reads are rarely accurate and I'm not sure by what logic Vic would suspect me. Yet, you took his opinion and ran with it. Haven't heard much from Vic lately, any ideas where he ran off to?

You do realize I voted you over 24 hours afterwards ... hardly "running with" his opinion.

As I said at the time I went back and reread some people's posts. Yours struck me as the most questionable, particularly your reactions to Vic's silencing. You were jumping back and forth between theories about how he must be scum and questions about whether he has to tell the truth if silenced, in addition to getting extremely defensive about Vic FOSing you. You even accused me of asking "leading questions" when I checked the second time about whether Vic thought you were scummy. (I was asking him to appease you, because you weren't asking him yourself, and questions have to be phrased a certain way when he has such limited options for answering ... not to mention he easily could have just answered "no".) I'm certainly not saying anyone's first day reads are accurate, but you seem the shadiest to me right now.

the smileys we're bad enough when victor/victoria was posting them, do we really need them all bumped?

I still like bleedin as the best train.. maybe jetscode, but i really don't want to lynch a guy that's just joined the fold again..

I'm game... we need a boost of energy..

once everyone agrees.. we can figure out the logistics..

actually though.. we have a deadline tonight.. so we'll need to do this quickly

Why is that a good idea this early in the game? I know it made sense in Star Wars because people were claiming character names in addition to roles. But I'm not clear on how that helps the town right now.

Why is that a good idea this early in the game? I know it made sense in Star Wars because people were claiming character names in addition to roles. But I'm not clear on how that helps the town right now.

It's not unequivocally good or bad... just interesting..

You do realize I voted you over 24 hours afterwards ... hardly "running with" his opinion.

As I said at the time I went back and reread some people's posts. Yours struck me as the most questionable, particularly your reactions to Vic's silencing. You were jumping back and forth between theories about how he must be scum and questions about whether he has to tell the truth if silenced, in addition to getting extremely defensive about Vic FOSing you. You even accused me of asking "leading questions" when I checked the second time about whether Vic thought you were scummy. (I was asking him to appease you, because you weren't asking him yourself, and questions have to be phrased a certain way when he has such limited options for answering ... not to mention he easily could have just answered "no".) I'm certainly not saying anyone's first day reads are accurate, but you seem the shadiest to me right now.

When did I ever state that Vic "must be scum"?

Archived