*** The Goonies: Mafia Game Thread ***

Integrity28

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would consider moving off of Jetscode if someone could give me a decent reason why Bleedin looks so scummy to them. I asked you once before what you didn't like about that post of his, but you've taken to ignoring people this game.

it's weak sauce and we're up against a deadline.. Just read scummy and it's a gut feeling.. clarified every point to leave wiggle room, afford pros/cons and then voted an oddball pick..

I'll highlight it.. Also notice he said he doesn't want to push too many people reveal early cause the game is small and then proceeds to vote someone with no votes..

imo, smc and bleedin are similiar as scum in that they stay uber clean. A lot of times when you look back at trains when their scum, you'll see them hangng out on someone as the only vote..

Ok, so looking around I'm not loving the cases right now, not that there's much to love on day one. Dan I was a little weary of, but I feel like she's getting enough pressure and I'm not quite sure I want to push that any further just yet. I'm not loving lynching her right now and in a game this small I'm weary of pushing too many people into reveal early. I kind of agree with SMC on JiF, but also know I've had a tendency to see JiF as scummy, particularly early in games, so I'm trying to avoid that. With that said, I wanted to see who seems to be going WAY under the radar this game, and here's what I've got:

Runin has two posts in the game, the first saying he wasn't going to be around much for the day two days ago and the second is this one yesterday. He never did come back after this post, and at the very least he needs to start talking so the rest of us can get a read on him. Until then:

Vote: Runin

it's weak sauce and we're up against a deadline.. Just read scummy and it's a gut feeling.. clarified every point to leave wiggle room, afford pros/cons and then voted an oddball pick..

I'll highlight it.. Also notice he said he doesn't want to push too many people reveal early cause the game is small and then proceeds to vote someone with no votes..

imo, smc and bleedin are similiar as scum in that they stay uber clean. A lot of times when you look back at trains when their scum, you'll see them hangng out on someone as the only vote..

At least this is something to respond to. I simply shared my thoughts on JiF and Dan, did you expect me to be definitive on my thoughts of their innocence on day one? Of course not, but I didn't like them enough as scum to put a vote on either at the time. There wasn't much going on with anyone else at the time either and there was no deadline yet. Should I have just put a vote on one of them to make everyone else feel better?

As far as my vote on Runin, I was hardly trying to push him into a reveal with one vote, that's just plain asinine to try to even insinuate. I was hoping we could push him into activity. Just look at the situation, at the time he had 2 posts and no contributions. Now? We're up against a deadline and still 2 posts and no contributions. It would certainly be nice to have a full complement of players right now considering one of our guys can't change his vote, don't you think? And I find it a little hypocritical for you to chastise me about going after a different player when you've been the driving force behind at least three trains today alone.

Thank you. I can sort of see a little bit there, the bolded part in particular. I usually like to have more time with him because as you said he's very careful, and I can't read him as well. I hadn't noticed his tendency to be the sole vote on people as scum ... I had thought it was the opposite in the Predators game, but I may be wrong.

Who else is here?? Is Bleedin still around? I'm getting a lot more concerned that we'll have trouble avoiding a random lynch no matter who we try to lynch tonight ... I'll switch my vote as needed. Is anyone lurking about who'd like to chime in?

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

(2) Jif - Vic, SMC

(1) Dan - Jetscode,

(5) Jetscode - Crusher, Dan, Irish, BG, Nae

(4) BG - CTM, Pac, JIF, Wombat

With 13 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Not voting: Runin

DEADLINE: 39 minutes

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

(2) Jif - Vic, SMC

(1) Dan - Jetscode,

(6) Jetscode - Crusher, Dan, Irish, BG, Nae, Wombat

(3) BG - CTM, Pac, JIF

Not voting: Runin

DEADLINE: 35 minutes

Thank you. I can sort of see a little bit there, the bolded part in particular. I usually like to have more time with him because as you said he's very careful, and I can't read him as well. I hadn't noticed his tendency to be the sole vote on people as scum ... I had thought it was the opposite in the Predators game, but I may be wrong.

Who else is here?? Is Bleedin still around? I'm getting a lot more concerned that we'll have trouble avoiding a random lynch no matter who we try to lynch tonight ... I'll switch my vote as needed. Is anyone lurking about who'd like to chime in?

It's not 100% just a tendancy..

anyway.. unvote vote jetscode he should've voted bg and he has been the msot scummy so far, as much as I'd like to keep him alive for awhile..

FINAL DAY ONE VOTE COUNT:

(2) Jif - Vic, SMC

(1) Dan - Jetscode,

(7) Jetscode - Crusher, Dan, Irish, BG, Nae, Wombat, CTM

(2) BG - Pac, JIF

Did NOT vote: Runin

Scene to follow...

With every twist and turn through the cavernous maze beneath their home town Astoria... the Goonies grew mired in indecision on what seemed like a never-ending day.

While resting at the bottom of the town's wishing well, the Goonies squabbled over what to do, and it became clear:

"Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here..."

Some of the Goonies questioned what the heck they were doing in these caves to begin with, others grew concerned about the Fratelli's gaining on them... ultimately, the group grew tired, and weary with concern about whether everyone in the group truly was a Goonie.

Finger-pointing began to run amok and when push came to shove...

Worthless.jpg

...the Goonies decided that Jetscode (Stef - Roleless, Townie) would take a ride "up there" out of the well on Troy's bucket.

Day 1 has ended, Night 1 has Begun... there are 12 players left.

SUBMIT NIGHT ACTIONS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Remember, if no Night Action is desired, please PM me that.

Once I have received all night action notifications I will open Day 7.

goonies4.jpg

"Guys, we'd better keep moving... "

As the Goonies decide which tunnel to head down next, one of them (randomly chosen) notices that Stef dropped a marble pouch before riding the bucket up out of the well...

MarbleBag.jpg

Quickly that Goonie picks up the marble pouch and stuffs it into their pocket, unsure of its contents or why Stef dropped it...

The cavern the Goonies chose as shelter slowly begins to glow with the morning sunlight... Huddled together, the Goonies begin to stir as some of them wake from their first night sleeping beneath their beloved GoonDocks.

Throughout the night, the Goonies chose to sleep in shifts, as some of them explored and stood watch, while others chose instead to rest... but it doesn't take long before they realize that while they chose to stop moving, the Fratelli's did not!!!

As they regroup, one of the exclaims:

"Hey you guys, look at that!!! Bullet holes, the size of Matzoh balls... in the wall of the cave!!!"

GooniesCave_Rep.jpg

The Goonies... had managed to avoid a very close call...

DAY 2 HAS BEGUN...

Deadline: Tuesday 11:00 PM (EST)

that's going to come quickly..

vote Bleedin

I find it quite hilarious how ready and willing you were to push a train on just about anyone all through day one until I called you out on it. Now suddenly it's all tunnel vision on me. Not sure if it's scummy play or just bad play at this point, but it's better to go on then most of the other stuff around here.

Vote: CTM

I'd also expect that it's time for Vic to do some talking.

that's going to come quickly..

vote Bleedin

You'd think a monkey would have better patience considering all they do is sit around picking bugs out of each others hair and playing with themselves all day long.

Pretty good Day for the town. We lynched roleless on D1, she dropped some baggie that I assume we can use, hopefully there is some dope in it and all us Goonies can get high as kite while we explore these caves. And then the scum pressumabely went after someone with some protection last night based on the night scene. Bullet holes I'm taking as a failed attempt (though it was part of the movie).

I find your vote very predictable, not that I disagree since thats where my final vote was at...but predictable nonetheless. In fact, when I got to the main page and saw your name, I immediately said to myself, he's not going to say a thing and just vote BG.

And looky here...I'm on the fence if this is a tell or not...but I also have another thought and I dont want tip my hand just yet.

In the meantime, I'm a little concerned about a player that I'm very fond of that I almost forgot was playing and he's very dangerous under the radar (which should be impossible)...

Vote Crusher.

I L<3VE you muffin top, but I dont like playing a game with you and almost forgetting you are playing.

And do you think Runin is actually going to contribute more moving forward, feel like he makes that promise every game.

I find it quite hilarious how ready and willing you were to push a train on just about anyone all through day one until I called you out on it. Now suddenly it's all tunnel vision on me. Not sure if it's scummy play or just bad play at this point, but it's better to go on then most of the other stuff around here.

Wont lie, I found it interesting as well, and was tempted to put a little heat on the gheyhippienerd.

And yes, the triumphant return of Vic is exciting (as long as it doesnt include boner pictures).

the best you got is OMGUS?

lol

You'd think a monkey would have better patience considering all they do is sit around picking bugs out of each others hair and playing with themselves all day long.

Pretty good Day for the town. We lynched roleless on D1, she dropped some baggie that I assume we can use, hopefully there is some dope in it and all us Goonies can get high as kite while we explore these caves. And then the scum pressumabely went after someone with some protection last night based on the night scene. Bullet holes I'm taking as a failed attempt (though it was part of the movie).

I find your vote very predictable, not that I disagree since thats where my final vote was at...but predictable nonetheless. In fact, when I got to the main page and saw your name, I immediately said to myself, he's not going to say a thing and just vote BG.

And looky here...I'm on the fence if this is a tell or not...but I also have another thought and I dont want tip my hand just yet.

In the meantime, I'm a little concerned about a player that I'm very fond of that I almost forgot was playing and he's very dangerous under the radar (which should be impossible)...

Vote Crusher.

I L<3VE you muffin top, but I dont like playing a game with you and almost forgetting you are playing.

And do you think Runin is actually going to contribute more moving forward, feel like he makes that promise every game.

I was debating voting crusher, but with a 36 hour deadline I don't see it happenning.. if the mod wants extend the deadline a bit, i think there's time to prod him..

I was debating voting crusher, but with a 36 hour deadline I don't see it happenning.. if the mod wants extend the deadline a bit, i think there's time to prod him..

MOD NOTE: I will consider pushing the deadline out IF I see enough signs of a commitment to the game now that we are into D2. For the time being, play as you normally would...

Wont lie, I found it interesting as well, and was tempted to put a little heat on the gheyhippienerd.

And yes, the triumphant return of Vic is exciting (as long as it doesnt include boner pictures).

what is interesting? we have no time to maneuver with a tight deadline, he's the guy i wanted to lynch yesterday, what do you think i should do?

you play the hand your dealt, and with 1 and 1/2 days till deadline, you don't f around.. you vote early and vote often..

That definitely is a tight deadline, but understandable considering the lack of serious action Day 1.

CTM trying to lead the way on Bleedin is concerning. Pied pipering after deciding to be more laid back last game?

DAY 2 VOTE COUNT:

(1) BG - CTM,

(2) CTM - BG, SMC

(1) Crusher - JIF,

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch. <--- Is this right?

Deadline: Tuesday 11:00 PM (EST)

Yes, votes to lynch are always a simple majority (half + 1). If you made it 6 we could lynch two people at the same time. :P

That definitely is a tight deadline, but understandable considering the lack of serious action Day 1.

CTM trying to lead the way on Bleedin is concerning. Pied pipering after deciding to be more laid back last game?

Intersting, jif comments about me voting without presenting a case (which his accurate), you vote me cause "i'm pied pipering"... I'd assume pied pipering would have to include case making by defnition, something to encourage other people to vote the way I am..

this was a sloppy vote that I hope people remember if I get lynched..

Archived