*** The Goonies: Mafia Game Thread ***

Integrity28

Yes, votes to lynch are always a simple majority (half + 1). If you made it 6 we could lynch two people at the same time. :P

Just wanted to make sure, because it was 7 for 13 players as well. I figured I got it right though... thanks.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Intersting, jif comments about me voting without presenting a case (which his accurate), you vote me cause "i'm pied pipering"... I'd assume pied pipering would have to include case making by defnition, something to encourage other people to vote the way I am..

this was a sloppy vote that I hope people remember if I get lynched..

You're L-5, dude. Give it a rest.

To my chagrin I've never seen you speed lynched in a game and I seriously doubt that happens now, so no need with the melodrama: "If I die remember this!" LOL

Incidently, I was speaking in totality (in light of D1 and what BG said) while JiF was speaking post specific. The difference should be apparent.

I was debating voting crusher, but with a 36 hour deadline I don't see it happenning.. if the mod wants extend the deadline a bit, i think there's time to prod him..

Dont really see your logic here...plenty of time to create a case and get a lynch. Especially coming from you. You have the ability to swing votes your way...me not so much...nobody really ever follows my lead. Its almost as if you were responding as if you were playing in my shoes. The CTM I know, would be confident he could get a train going with over 24 hours on the clock.

what is interesting? we have no time to maneuver with a tight deadline, he's the guy i wanted to lynch yesterday, what do you think i should do?

you play the hand your dealt, and with 1 and 1/2 days till deadline, you don't f around.. you vote early and vote often..

Whats interesting is I knew you'd think the BG train was simple steady and ready to go. Hence why I knew you were coming out swinging on BG based on your play yesterday. I'm all for voting especially with a deadline, but there is plenty of time to look else where.

By far the most frustrating day of mafia ever. Where did everyone's sense of humor go?

I'm caught up and I can see why CTM is placing the votes on BG. But I prefer the case on Crusher more myself

Vote: Crusher

Also, feel free to ask me anything about yesterday. Clearly I was wrong on JC. I mostly thought he was scum due to the timing of his post and his gentle pushing along of lynches. Seemed to jump on whichever train was going at the time.

Dont really see your logic here...plenty of time to create a case and get a lynch. Especially coming from you. You have the ability to swing votes your way...me not so much...nobody really ever follows my lead. Its almost as if you were responding as if you were playing in my shoes. The CTM I know, would be confident he could get a train going with over 24 hours on the clock.

36 hours is not a lot of time on day 2.. runin won't be here till tonight, crusher is way less active then normal, shadow just subbed in for dan... we have minimal participation from a lot of people and not a ton of time.. Not to mention that we don't have a lot to go on at this point or that we are on an even number and need well 7 of 12 voters to lynch..

You're L-5, dude. Give it a rest.

To my chagrin I've never seen you speed lynched in a game and I seriously doubt that happens now, so no need with the melodrama: "If I die remember this!" LOL

Incidently, I was speaking in totality (in light of D1 and what BG said) while JiF was speaking post specific. The difference should be apparent.

imo, it was a lazy, poorly reasoned momentum vote for a normally more reasoned player. Since i know my alignment, of course it will seem more sketchy to me..

Whats interesting is I knew you'd think the BG train was simple steady and ready to go. Hence why I knew you were coming out swinging on BG based on your play yesterday. I'm all for voting especially with a deadline, but there is plenty of time to look else where.

If it was an easy lynch it would've happenned yesterday. I'm simply voting for the player i find most suspicious under awareness of deadline.

imo, it was a lazy, poorly reasoned momentum vote for a normally more reasoned player. Since i know my alignment, of course it will seem more sketchy to me..

Uhm, okay. No. 2 vote on you was a momentum vote. Sketchy for sure.

Everyone, remember, if CTM gets lynched and comes up town remember my vote on him.

You'd think a monkey would have better patience considering all they do is sit around picking bugs out of each others hair and playing with themselves all day long.

Pretty good Day for the town. We lynched roleless on D1, she dropped some baggie that I assume we can use, hopefully there is some dope in it and all us Goonies can get high as kite while we explore these caves. And then the scum pressumabely went after someone with some protection last night based on the night scene. Bullet holes I'm taking as a failed attempt (though it was part of the movie).

I find your vote very predictable, not that I disagree since thats where my final vote was at...but predictable nonetheless. In fact, when I got to the main page and saw your name, I immediately said to myself, he's not going to say a thing and just vote BG.

And looky here...I'm on the fence if this is a tell or not...but I also have another thought and I dont want tip my hand just yet.

In the meantime, I'm a little concerned about a player that I'm very fond of that I almost forgot was playing and he's very dangerous under the radar (which should be impossible)...

Vote Crusher.

I L<3VE you muffin top, but I dont like playing a game with you and almost forgetting you are playing.

And do you think Runin is actually going to contribute more moving forward, feel like he makes that promise every game.

:shutit:

By far the most frustrating day of mafia ever. Where did everyone's sense of humor go?

I'm caught up and I can see why CTM is placing the votes on BG. But I prefer the case on Crusher more myself

Vote: Crusher

Also, feel free to ask me anything about yesterday. Clearly I was wrong on JC. I mostly thought he was scum due to the timing of his post and his gentle pushing along of lynches. Seemed to jump on whichever train was going at the time.

:shutit:

If you're gonna play the silenced angle I think we would've seen the "You seem so quiet" from big momma Fratelli. That's what happened in my case, I highly doubt that the mod would've changed that.

That was my first thought as well..

@mod?

That was my first thought as well..

@mod?

Interesting. Well it's mod confirmed that he's quiet now. Let's not assume his innocence (nor do not assume mine) based on the fact he was silenced. Like I said if you guys have any questions about it I can tell you. Overall though it's basically an annoying power that doesn't confirm or deny our innocence. I'd like to think though that a person cannot use it on themselves so we so far know:

-Me

-Crusher

-Sharrow (based on dan's "reveal")

Do not have the power. That leaves 9 people with the possibility of having that role. Of course I'm assuming this is a scum role.

1. Crusher

2. Bleedin Green

3. Irish Jet

4. Dan X

5. Wombastic

6. Vic

7. JIF

8. Pac

9. CTM

10. SMC

11. Nanootz

12. Runin

13. Jetscode1 - Lynched Day 1: Stef - Roleless, Townie

That's a lot of assumptions, Vic

Well the mod basically made sure that it definitely seems uncertain to think anything I said was untrue.

At the same time, this whole game is assumption if you're a townie. You don't' know jack unless you're the cop because we fly blind for the most part.

Well the mod basically made sure that it definitely seems uncertain to think anything I said was untrue.

At the same time, this whole game is assumption if you're a townie. You don't' know jack unless you're the cop because we fly blind for the most part.

Yeah, you have to make assumptions unless you have inside info. Your assumptions weren't bad, but you have to avoid creating blind spots.

Crusher starts to catch a little heat and suddenly he's been silenced? Awfully convenient if you ask me... but then again maybe mafia wants us to think that way...

I'll vote BG as this could be a lame attempt to get us focusing on Crusher instead of him.

Yeah, you have to make assumptions unless you have inside info. Your assumptions weren't bad, but you have to avoid creating blind spots.

Understood. I'm just trying to figure things out in my head about the game. I know my alignment but at the same time don't believe just because Crusher and myself were silence that it clears either of us.

Crusher starts to catch a little heat and suddenly he's been silenced? Awfully convenient if you ask me... but then again maybe mafia wants us to think that way...

I'll vote BG as this could be a lame attempt to get us focusing on Crusher instead of him.

I really dont see how silencing a player diverts attention. Especially considering it basically gave Vic a free ride D1. If anything, it take votes away from Crusher making BG more of a viable option.

However, now that we have 2 silenced, I'm kinda tempted to put one of them to the test and see what results we get. Especially considering that we basically got handed a free lynch today with the scum missing last night.

Understood. I'm just trying to figure things out in my head about the game. I know my alignment but at the same time don't believe just because Crusher and myself were silence that it clears either of us.

Can you describe to me what happened once silenced...I dont know how much you can share, but did he specifically say someone in the family silenced you or do think its flavor the mod is adding? Were you given the parameters that you are allowed to respond with only smilies or did you come up with that on your onw?

I really dont see how silencing a player diverts attention. Especially considering it basically gave Vic a free ride D1. If anything, it take votes away from Crusher making BG more of a viable option.

However, now that we have 2 silenced, I'm kinda tempted to put one of them to the test and see what results we get. Especially considering that we basically got handed a free lynch today with the scum missing last night.

What do you have to gain out of it? Even if you lynch me and get a innocent result, it doesn't absolve Crusher. Scum can silence their own (assumption) and it probably will happen at some point in the game.

Can you describe to me what happened once silenced...I dont know how much you can share, but did he specifically say someone in the family silenced you or do think its flavor the mod is adding? Were you given the parameters that you are allowed to respond with only smilies or did you come up with that on your onw?

You know the parameters, I can't quote so I'll answer best I can.

I was told I was silenced via PM in a similar fashion that was posted in game. For the sake of the game I do think it's flavoring, just because I would ASSUME that the godfather would be Ma Fratelli herself. It'd be odd for a godfather to have another power based on the set-up I believe we have. I was given parameters and I didn't come up with the response thing, that was Dan and I rolled with it. I wasn't reprimanded for it so I rolled with it.

What do you have to gain out of it? Even if you lynch me and get a innocent result, it doesn't absolve Crusher. Scum can silence their own (assumption) and it probably will happen at some point in the game.

What we have to gain is to tests the theories that everyone silenced is innocent, which I think works in the favor of the scum. It also says, he scumbags, we are not scared to lynch a silenced player, so be careful of silencing your own...which could be the case right now considering Crusher was getting heat.

You know the parameters, I can't quote so I'll answer best I can.

I was told I was silenced via PM in a similar fashion that was posted in game. For the sake of the game I do think it's flavoring, just because I would ASSUME that the godfather would be Ma Fratelli herself. It'd be odd for a godfather to have another power based on the set-up I believe we have. I was given parameters and I didn't come up with the response thing, that was Dan and I rolled with it. I wasn't reprimanded for it so I rolled with it.

You started with the smilies before she started asking questions...did I28 specifically say you could use them or did you ask for permission?

What we have to gain is to tests the theories that everyone silenced is innocent, which I think works in the favor of the scum. It also says, he scumbags, we are not scared to lynch a silenced player, so be careful of silencing your own...which could be the case right now considering Crusher was getting heat.

I think silencing should be considered a null tell, in fact it's making more suspicious of crusher atm..

I agree with that sentiment.

You started with the smilies before she started asking questions...did I28 specifically say you could use them or did you ask for permission?

I thought you meant the "code". I was told the smiles was the ONLY thing I could post.

Archived