Bart Scott Not Impressed With Jets 09 Defense

flgreen

Superiority Complex: How Much Better Can The Jets Defense Be In 2010?

Daniel Trosi. 6th July, 2010 - 9:10 pm

Revis_Darrelle_nyj_070825.jpg

First in the NFL in points allowed per game (14.8).

First in the NFL in yards allowed per game (252.3).

First in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game (153.7).

First in the NFL in TDs allowed (26).

First in passing TDs allowed (8).

To many, the numbers put up by the 2009 Jets defense are jaw-dropping. Gaudy, ridiculous, filthy, mind-blowing. You name the adjective and it

He's absolutely correct. As good as we were statistically the D folded in several key situations last season (Miami, Atlanta...etc.). 30% sounds about right.

Yep...there were a couple of games someone needed to make a play. Last year, we would have all wanted it to be on our defense to make a play that decided a win vs. loss instead of trying to make our rookie QB do it...we were in that position a couple of times, both Miami games, Atl, Jax all jump out at me...and we couldnt make a play to get off the field.

We have a lot of room for improvement.

The D can be better, with Kerry Rhodes replaced, Kris Jenkins back, and Vernon Gholston hopefully doing well as a pass-rushing DE.

With the expected offensive improvement (Sanchez with a year under his belt, and better WRs), winning the AFC East is a pretty good possibility.

Yep...there were a couple of games someone needed to make a play. Last year, we would have all wanted it to be on our defense to make a play that decided a win vs. loss instead of trying to make our rookie QB do it...we were in that position a couple of times, both Miami games, Atl, Jax all jump out at me...and we couldnt make a play to get off the field.

We have a lot of room for improvement.

Ugh. Forgot about the Jax game, I'd completely erased that from my memory. Dammit.

he is right..we blew last year as a D as far as a MONEY D with all the dominant 3 qtr performances only to choke/fold several times in last few minutes of game..

you cant be considered a elite D when u blow 3/43/5 4th qtr leads..

Thanks flgreen,

That was a good read and essentially spot on. It is scary to think but there is room for improvment on the defensive side of the ball. Furthermore, you would never want a leader to say that there is no need for improvement. You are always looking to get better. At least on paper the Jets have done that on the defense. If it all comes together, the Jets defense should be nicknamed the "no fly zone".

Thanks flgreen,

That was a good read and essentially spot on. It is scary to think but there is room for improvment on the defensive side of the ball. Furthermore, you would never want a leader to say that there is no need for improvement. You are always looking to get better. At least on paper the Jets have done that on the defense. If it all comes together, the Jets defense should be nicknamed the "no fly zone".

That sounds like a bug spray, lol.

On HBO (the Buzz) the defense has already referenced Organized Chaos a few times.

I still like D-Rex, or the Rexecutioners.

Ugh. Forgot about the Jax game, I'd completely erased that from my memory. Dammit.

I still have nightmares of Leonhard waiving his arms and screaming across the field at Rhodes to no avail. Before the ball was even snapped I knew that the Jets had just lost that game.

I didn't think our D was any of these words:

jaw-dropping, gaudy, ridiculous, filthy, mind-blowing
last year.

To be that you have to do it for 16 games plus playoffs...the *****in Dolphins made them look like *******s on Monday Night...no way could that D blow my mind.

They were really nice to watch when they were on.

I didn't think our D was any of these words: last year.

To be that you have to do it for 16 games plus playoffs...the *****in Dolphins made them look like *******s on Monday Night...no way could that D blow my mind.

They were really nice to watch when they were on.

Well don't be surprised if that **** happens again week 3 if they don't prepare for the 90 degree heat and humidity that was the killer in that game late, the D was gassed because of the heat that they were not used to.

I'm not looking forward to the end of his career as a Jet or otherwise, but I cannot wait until Bart Scott gets his first analyst job. He's going to be fantastic.

Same here, he's so entertaining as well as insightful defensive mind that he'd to great hosting his own show on SNY.

Or even better, ESPN.

Archived