Brady's days in NE numbered?

slats

The title is also the link to the article. Click it to see the video.

Tom Brady's quest for a market-value contract

Posted by Mike Florio on July 8, 2010 11:26 AM ET

As if we didn't stir up enough Pats fans recently with our report regarding quarterback Tom Brady's frustration with the team's use of his hometown discount as leverage in other negotiations or our opinions about the Pats in the PFTV over-under for the AFC East, we're at it again with a new PFTV segment focusing squarely on whether Brady will be a Patriot come 2011.

Though we're not yet ready to predict that he'll be the focal point of a one-hour ESPN special on a Thursday night in early March, we think that the signs are in place for Brady to eventually be mimicking the Wayne Gretzky career arc.

For more, arc your cursor down to the rectangular box with the triangle in it. And then click.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's got Giselle to take care of him, but there's ego involved here, too. I'm sure he wants to be paid top dollar. Not just for the money, but for pride. His next contract will probably be his last, too. Now's the time.

Add in the fact that he's from the west coast, and that's where he's spending most of his time nowadays, anyway. I think he grew up a '9er fan. They could use Tom Brady, so could Oakland (lol!).

And how much longer does Belichick continue coaching after Brady leaves?

He's got Giselle to take care of him, but there's ego involved here, too. I'm sure he wants to be paid top dollar. Not just for the money, but for pride. His next contract will probably be his last, too. Now's the time.

Add in the fact that he's from the west coast, and that's where he's spending most of his time nowadays, anyway. I think he grew up a '9er fan. They could use Tom Brady, so could Oakland (lol!).

he'll be gone the minute Brady's out of NE

:yawn:

Another slow day in sportsland.....guess they didn't get the memo...LEBRON IS MAKING HIS DECISION ON PRIME TIME TV!!

Anyway, yadda, yadda, yadda....Tom Brady spends time in LA....he has been doing so for many years....yadda. yadda, yadda.....he want'a to get paid. He will. So will Manning (who is going through the same thing). Seriously, Kraft didn't get rich because he was stupid. Yah, I'll get rid of the guy I rebranded my team around. :rolleyes:

BTW - congrats on D'Brick....I guess this means that Mangold is gone...or Holmes and Edwards will be after this season? Or Cromartie? Or Revis? Can't pay big bucks to everyone.

Another slow day in sportsland.....guess they didn't get the memo...LEBRON IS MAKING HIS DECISION ON PRIME TIME TV!!

Anyway, yadda, yadda, yadda....Tom Brady spends time in LA....he has been doing so for many years....yadda. yadda, yadda.....he want'a to get paid. He will. So will Manning (who is going through the same thing). Seriously, Kraft didn't get rich because he was stupid. Yah, I'll get rid of the guy I rebranded my team around. :rolleyes:

BTW - congrats on D'Brick....I guess this means that Mangold is gone...or Holmes and Edwards will be after this season? Or Cromartie? Or Revis? Can't pay big bucks to everyone.

You better worry about Cindy re-signing.

I thought he re-branded the team around the Handy-Cam.

What did you guys do when you couldn't pay big bucks to everyone? Hire more camera man spies?

he'll be gone the minute Brady's out of NE

Yep. No way BB coaches after life with Brady. He knows he cant win without him...hell, he cant with him as of late.

Dont know why the 2 dont just retire, they dont really care any more.

You better worry about Cindy re-signing.

I'm not worried at all.....but it seems to me you all are. I mean....this would be a dream come true for Jets fans. That and winning an SB-which you are all counting on....like chickens before they hatch. You know what they say about that pratice. Bad idea. You know Jets fans though - they never meet a bad idea they don't eventually embrace and regret.

I'm not worried at all.....but it seems to me you all are. I mean....this would be a dream come true for Jets fans. That and winning an SB-which you are all counting on....like chickens before they hatch. You know what they say about that pratice. Bad idea. You know Jets fans though - they never meet a bad idea they don't eventually embrace and regret.

Quit crying just because the Pats haven't won anything in six years and the Brady and Belichick era will close without another.

Just deal with it. Jets fans are not interested in your plaintive wails.

Quit crying just because the Pats haven't won anything in six years and the Brady and Belichick era will close without another.

Just deal with it. Jets fans are not interested in your plaintive wails.

I'm cryin'? I'm just pointing out the absurd, Zippy. Brady isn't going anywhere no matter how much you want it to happen. And, yes, Poor Pats fans, haven't won a Championshipe in Five seasons! I hear it could be worse. :)

I'm cryin'? I'm just pointing out the absurd, Zippy. Brady isn't going anywhere no matter how much you want it to happen. And, yes, Poor Pats fans, haven't win a Championshipe in Five seasons! I hear it could be worse. :)

Reality sucks, deal with it. Nobody here is interested in your whining.

Five, six, seven, its gonna be another 40 before the Pats even so much as whiff the Super Bowl.

The only way any Patriots are going to the Super Bowl anytime soon is if they buy a ticket.

No matter how much you cry about it, its over. Cry about it somewhere else.

Reality sucks, deal with it. Nobody here is interested in your whining.

Five, six, seven, its gonna be another 40 before the Pats even so much as whiff the Super Bowl.

The only way any Patriots are going to the Super Bowl anytime soon is if they buy a ticket.

No matter how much you cry about it, its over. Cry about it somewhere else.

LOL!@

Look at Zippy with the new tactic - what a pinhead you are!

ZZZ006535-PO.jpg

I knew getting married was the beginning of the end.

I have been using Tom's 8 million a year salary as a point of reference for Revis and being a team player.

Tom's wife is probably saying that retard Eli is making how much???? lol

You mean that retard that beat her closeted gay husband in a Super Bowl?

Pissed at what? My franchise QB isn't leaving me to go play for the Raiders. Your tears must be confusing you.

True. Your franchise QB needs to actually learn how to be a franchise qb before leaving....no matter how much Jets fans want to think, say, scream that he is a legit franchise qb. Newsflash: just because he plays for new york does not mean he's a superstah franchse qb. He could be some day. He 'aint one now.

True. Your franchise QB needs to actually learn how to be a franchise qb before leaving....no matter how much Jets fans want to think, say, scream that he is a legit franchise qb. Newsflash: just because he plays for new york does not mean he's a superstah franchse qb. He could be some day. He 'aint one now.

And his future is in front of him. He's not demanding to get paid for accomplishments from years and years ago with no real chance of ever achieving those heights again like some QBs. But then again, Brady hasn't won anything since signing his current contract now, has he?

Why would the Pats pay a guy ridiculous money like Brady is demanding when the last $60 million they paid him got them exactly zero championships?

And his future is in front of him. He's not demanding to get paid for accomplishments from years and years ago with no real chance of ever achieving those heights again like some QBs. But then again, Brady hasn't won anything since signing his current contract now, has he?

Why would the Pats pay a guy ridiculous money like Brady is demanding when the last $60 million they paid him got them exactly zero championships?

Brady came out with a $ demand? What was the amount? A penny more than the higest paid qb? Dying to know. I mean, it better be peanuts. Just 'cause the stats were great, and he did well coming off knee surgery last year doesn't mean he should be paid like a true franschise qb. Laughable! Brady a franchise qb!

Oh, Zippy.....just because you wish it, doesn't make it so. Stop spending so much time on the internet and watching the Wizard of Oz on a continuous loop in your, most likely, creepy apartment. Go outside. Ride a bike. Read a book. Talk to a girl face to face. Something!

Brady came out with a $ demand? What was the amount? Dying to know. I mean, it better be peanuts. Just 'cause the stats were great, and he did well coming off knee surgery last year doesn't mean he should be paid like a true franschise qb. Laughable! Brady a franchise qb!

Oh, Zippy.....just because you wish it, doesn't make it so. Stop spending so much time on the internet andwatching the Wizard of Oz on a continuous loop in your, most likely, creepy apartment. Go outside. Ride a bike. Read a book. Talk to a girl face to face. Something!

Why are you getting so upset? If he's sooo not leaving why are you arguing with a Jets fan about this on a Jets message board instead of doing something constructive. Anything.

Archived