Bandwagon Jet Nation posters...

NIGHT STALKER

Well, when I was a kid and could barely talk, my dad asked me who my favorite player was. He listed a bunch of names, and out of randomness, I said Curtis Martin. I am from Massachusetts, so he listed Patriots players. I have stuck with him ever since, and I followed him to the Jets. You can call me a bandwagoner if you want, but no one was born a Jets fan, and I have stuck with them all these years.

The first picture of me is in Jets onsie at a day old.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish my parents were epic enough to give me a Jets banana hammock when I came out.

It was my Grandparents doing, they gave it to my mom as a gift right before I was born and talked her into having me dressed in it for the picture. My dad, who's a Giants fan, hates that picture.

It was my Grandparents doing, they gave it to my mom as a gift right before I was born and talked her into having me dressed in it for the picture. My dad, who's a Giants fan, hates that picture.

Pics or it didn't happen. Needs moar pics!

What exactly are the criteria for a "bandwagon" fan? I need to know how to classify myself. And is there like a hierarchy that I can move up in time? Night Stalker, you sound like you have been around awhile. Do you classify yourself as a "Super" fan ala Patton Oswalt? I need to know what I have to look forward to. Tell me!!!

Someone who shows up at the victory parade. Interesting thread since the last victory parade was in January 69.

All I'm going to say is if you're going to be a bandwagon fan of anyone why the hell would it be the Jets? Why not a team that has won something? I mean I can see being a bandwagon Cowbay fan, or Steeler fan or something but I've been a Jet fan a long goddamned time and I'm telling you it ain't no picnic. We suck often. Even when we're good we aren't that good. Last year for example the team went to the AFC title game after a 9 and 7 season!!!! Even in '69 they were just barely over 500 for the regular season. Man being a Jet fan is work. So unless you plan on not only being a bandwagon fan but also a fair weather fan maybe you should find another bandwagon.

Word, JaysJets

I started really following the Jets the final year of the Kotite era. Before that I didn't really care much for football... But on Sundays when I was bored I wouldn't mind watching either the Jets or the Giants. I became a die-hard that season because I had made a bunch of new friends that year and they and their families were all Jets fans. Each Sunday they would all gather at one of their houses to watch the games...I was invited to join the tradition. The number of Jets games I have misses since then are few and far between.

Now, having all graduated college...I am probably the nuttiest Jets fan of that entire group. I prefer not to spend money buying season tix/PSLs because I NEVER enjoy a game that the Jets lose and I dont have enough money to spend it on things that won't necessarily make me happy. Of course when friends invite me to games, I always try to go and every once in awhile I'll go on Stubhub and purchase a single game ticket...

At one point, all of us were "bandwagon fans" that didn't know what exactly or why exactly we root for the Jets. The only difference separating the bandwagoners with us devoted fans is that we're the ones that make the mistake of becoming addicted/obsessed with this team throughout the years.

You became a fan in Kotite

Archived