Bandwagon Jet Nation posters...

NIGHT STALKER

Who is more of a Jets fan?

c. It doesn't matter. If even one of us had any brains we'd start rooting for this team after a superbowl and not one moment before that. Bandwagon fans may not appreciate the win as much (assuming it ever comes)...but they're definitely smarter.

C-types aren't legit Jets fans until they stick with the team through rough times.

Until they pass that test, they're just flavor-of-the-day wave riders.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
c. It doesn't matter. If even one of us had any brains we'd start rooting for this team after a superbowl and not one moment before that. Bandwagon fans may not appreciate the win as much (assuming it ever comes)...but they're definitely smarter.

What a lame *****. The proper fan starts rooting for the team that they know will win the super bowl at halftime. "I've been a fan forever!!!!"

What a lame *****. The proper fan starts rooting for the team that they know will win the super bowl at halftime. "I've been a fan forever!!!!"

"my uncle was in the newark airport once in 1986 and saw the meadowlands from the air - i have ties to the region!"

While we knock other fan bases for their bandwagon fans (fins come to mind), it's going to be interesting to see how many new fans sign up to post if this Jets plane takes off...I already see a couple of new ones over the past month and I'm sure they'll be of the "expert" variety...:yawn:

Says the guy with the Yankees 27x logo in his signature ;)

The real litmus test at stake here determines stupidity, and the pass/fail line precisely bisects people who devote time to appraising other fans and people who notice that everybody in the first group sure seems to breathe through their mouths a lot.

it should be noted that unless you "inherited" rooting for the jets from your old man or you leave in NY/North Jersey, a lot of us started as "fair weather" but became "real" fans. how many old timers have you heard say, "i've rooted for the jets ever since joe willy guaranteed the win in sb3. he was the best." granted, they've stuck around many crappy years since then.

for me, it's less about how you come to like a team and more about whether you stick with the team after the party is over that determines fair weather.

C-types aren't legit Jets fans until they stick with the team through rough times.

Until they pass that test, they're just flavor-of-the-day wave riders.

What we wear as a badge of legitimacy is probably a badge of stupidity. Noting that I wear this badge so proudly only further shows my foolishness.

I am jealous of that fan. But then I'm jealous of the fan of a team that LOSES the superbowl.

What I'm going to hate is all the Madden schmucks who now use the Jets.

I've always used the Jets and always will. I almost won $10 grand playing as the Jets in a tournament in 2002. I was one win away from the finals, and not one other person in the entire tournament used the Jets.

Now when I go online to play all the posers will be using them.

What I'm going to hate is all the Madden schmucks who now use the Jets.

I've always used the Jets and always will. I almost won #10 grand playing as the Jets in a tournament in 2002. I was one win away from the finals, and not one other person in the entire tournament used the Jets.

Now when I go online to play all the posers will be using them.

Agreed, I won't even be using my headset now, cause people will just assume I'm playing as the Jets cause they will be one of the better teams in Madden 11

it should be noted that unless you "inherited" rooting for the jets from your old man or you leave in NY/North Jersey, a lot of us started as "fair weather" but became "real" fans. how many old timers have you heard say, "i've rooted for the jets ever since joe willy guaranteed the win in sb3. he was the best." granted, they've stuck around many crappy years since then.

for me, it's less about how you come to like a team and more about whether you stick with the team after the party is over that determines fair weather.

My father was a Giants fan, and I now live in Florida....what does that make me? A fairweatherfakereal Jets fan? This team has done nothing but c0ck tease me for my lifetime, but I'm still around, wear my colors/hats/jersey's in this cesspool that is dolphin town, I consider that a 'real' fan.

Agreed, I won't even be using my headset now, cause people will just assume I'm playing as the Jets cause they will be one of the better teams in Madden 11

back in '87 someone asked me what my team was - when i said the mets he said "you just like them because they win." i was 8 and remember being hurt by that comment. on the bright side no one accuses me of being a fair weather mets fan nowadays. :bag:

My father was a Giants fan, and I now live in Florida....what does that make me? A fairweatherfakereal Jets fan? This team has done nothing but c0ck tease me for my lifetime, but I'm still around, wear my colors/hats/jersey's in this cesspool that is dolphin town, I consider that a 'real' fan.

i think you misinterpreted my point but no one questions your fandom. :cheers:

We should have a survivor vote every week of the season. Worst poster of the week gets B4L'd. No matter how many posts or cool .gifs you have.

nah. i like your posts and wouldnt want to see u go ;)

they dont even have neg rep anymore, so it aint happenin

back in '87 someone asked me what my team was - when i said the mets he said "you just like them because they win." i was 8 and remember being hurt by that comment.

I am sorry son. I didnt mean to hurt your feelings when I yelled that at you.

We should have a survivor vote every week of the season. Worst poster of the week gets B4L'd. No matter how many posts or cool .gifs you have.

LOL, what's wrong with my .gifs man? We'll have to define what makes the post the worst though.

LOL, what's wrong with my .gifs man? We'll have to define what makes the post the worst though.

I wasn't talking abotu anyone specific. I actually turned pictures and sigs off a couple weeks ago. So if you did post some in this thread I didn't even know about it.

nah. i like your posts and wouldnt want to see u go ;)

they dont even have neg rep anymore, so it aint happenin

I'm not even thinking from an individual post standpoint. I was thinking people with a bad attitude. Theres two types, the people that are ultra negative, and those ultra positive.

The person being the most annoying in either direction...door.

Who is more of a Jets fan?

a. Someone who has followed the team for 30 years or more, hasn't seen them win anything, and started out longing for a .500 season.

b. Someone who has followed the team for far less time, beginning post-Kotite when the Jets ceased being sure-thing garbage, BUT has purchased a PSL.

I wish I was a bandwagon Jets fan.

I started really following the Jets the final year of the Kotite era. Before that I didn't really care much for football... But on Sundays when I was bored I wouldn't mind watching either the Jets or the Giants. I became a die-hard that season because I had made a bunch of new friends that year and they and their families were all Jets fans. Each Sunday they would all gather at one of their houses to watch the games...I was invited to join the tradition. The number of Jets games I have misses since then are few and far between.

Now, having all graduated college...I am probably the nuttiest Jets fan of that entire group. I prefer not to spend money buying season tix/PSLs because I NEVER enjoy a game that the Jets lose and I dont have enough money to spend it on things that won't necessarily make me happy. Of course when friends invite me to games, I always try to go and every once in awhile I'll go on Stubhub and purchase a single game ticket...

At one point, all of us were "bandwagon fans" that didn't know what exactly or why exactly we root for the Jets. The only difference separating the bandwagoners with us devoted fans is that we're the ones that make the mistake of becoming addicted/obsessed with this team throughout the years.

I started really following the Jets the final year of the Kotite era. Before that I didn't really care much for football... But on Sundays when I was bored I wouldn't mind watching either the Jets or the Giants. I became a die-hard that season because I had made a bunch of new friends that year and they and their families were all Jets fans. Each Sunday they would all gather at one of their houses to watch the games...I was invited to join the tradition. The number of Jets games I have misses since then are few and far between.

Now, having all graduated college...I am probably the nuttiest Jets fan of that entire group. I prefer not to spend money buying season tix/PSLs because I NEVER enjoy a game that the Jets lose and I dont have enough money to spend it on things that won't necessarily make me happy. Of course when friends invite me to games, I always try to go and every once in awhile I'll go on Stubhub and purchase a single game ticket...

At one point, all of us were "bandwagon fans" that didn't know what exactly or why exactly we root for the Jets. The only difference separating the bandwagoners with us devoted fans is that we're the ones that make the mistake of becoming addicted/obsessed with this team throughout the years.

I lived in Queens. That's why.

Well, when I was a kid and could barely talk, my dad asked me who my favorite player was. He listed a bunch of names, and out of randomness, I said Curtis Martin. I am from Massachusetts, so he listed Patriots players. I have stuck with him ever since, and I followed him to the Jets. You can call me a bandwagoner if you want, but no one was born a Jets fan, and I have stuck with them all these years.

Well, when I was a kid and could barely talk, my dad asked me who my favorite player was. He listed a bunch of names, and out of randomness, I said Curtis Martin. I am from Massachusetts, so he listed Patriots players. I have stuck with him ever since, and I followed him to the Jets. You can call me a bandwagoner if you want, but no one was born a Jets fan, and I have stuck with them all these years.

As soon as I popped out I had a Jets beanie placed on my head, I had no choice.

Archived