Bandwagon Jet Nation posters...

NIGHT STALKER

While we knock other fan bases for their bandwagon fans (fins come to mind), it's going to be interesting to see how many new fans sign up to post if this Jets plane takes off...I already see a couple of new ones over the past month and I'm sure they'll be of the "expert" variety...:yawn:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While we knock other fan bases for their bandwagon fans (fins come to mind), it's going to be interesting to see how many new fans sign up to post if this Jets plane takes off...I already see a couple of new ones over the past month and I'm sure they'll be of the "expert" variety...:yawn:

None of us were born as members of JN, so at some point every member here decided they were interested in the JETS enough to talk about it and at other points were not.

I don't know how many more consistent posters us being great will cause. Bandwagon fans to me, don't have the passion or drive to post on a website or follow the team as closely...

Ya, I'm sure we'll have a few more posters, but if anything, they were most likely long time followers who decided to finally post. That I'd gladly welcome. It's in public that you'll have to deal with the damned bandwagoners.

In my defense, I have been a fan for years just never posted. As they got better I will not lie that it became more interesting to me.

My dad is BigOrangeJet fan and for what I can remember of my 25 years of life he has been complaining about being a jet fan. So I made the obvious bad choice to become a fan.

I have liked this page more and more but still don't really contribute anything "football" related.

I just like to post this:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tQ5sbN7cho&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tQ5sbN7cho&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I dont think that its the "bandwagon" type that sign up to forums to speak about a team that they dont really care about.

Sure, there will be some fans who become fans right when the Jets win the SB (if so), but many people dont want to talk about the 40th+ losing years the Jets had prior. It could be a sense of joy and wanting to talk about the Jets on a forum if they happen to in fact win a SB.

I doubt a Bandwagon fan is going to go through the trouble of signing up to a forum to speak to knowledgeable jetfans when they dont know anything about the team because they became fans 15 mins ago. Bandwagon fans are the type to buy a Jersey and scream how great the team is, until next year if we happen not to repeat.

Maybe they been Jets fans longer than you have.

Nah, that can't be ... the universe was created by Night Stalker.

Dump.

I welcome any new posters to JetNation.

I just hope they arent castoffs from JI. The previous ones really dirtied up the place.

But arent most posters here castoffs from one time or another -- not me though. :P

I dont think that its the "bandwagon" type that sign up to forums to speak about a team that they dont really care about.

Sure, there will be some fans who become fans right when the Jets win the SB (if so), but many people dont want to talk about the 40th+ losing years the Jets had prior. It could be a sense of joy and wanting to talk about the Jets on a forum if they happen to in fact win a SB.

I doubt a Bandwagon fan is going to go through the trouble of signing up to a forum to speak to knowledgeable jetfans when they dont know anything about the team because they became fans 15 mins ago. Bandwagon fans are the type to buy a Jersey and scream how great the team is, until next year if we happen not to repeat.

V, I have to disagree with you. Before you came on board (and this goes back a few years ago), there was this fan that was from the state of Oregon...went to Kellen's alma mater. Can't remember his handle, but had something to do with KC in it. I called him out and told him the only reason why he posted on here is because of Clemens...well, that went back and forth how he's always been a Jets fan and I told him back then that Clemens won't see the light of day. Guess what? He no longer posts here and I'll bet you the moon if Clemens had won the starting job, he'd still be posting.

New posters are always welcome, but post through thick and thin, not just because you have a favorite player or the Jets have supposedly a good team...that's all I'm saying.

It's funny when people think that lots of posts equals football knowledge.

I created a name for free draft/FA articles/rumors.

None of us were born as members of JN, so at some point every member here decided they were interested in the JETS enough to talk about it and at other points were not.

JetNation has always existed. Before 2005 it was just a notebook, so to post you had to know me.

What a stupid thread.

Seriously.

"I'm a bigger Jets fan than you are... because I've made 7,418 more jackass remarks on a message board than you have!"

Too bad you think it's stupid...I thought it was a great thread when I started it. Football season hasn't started yet...what do you have to contribute during the busy time? I didn't think so.

To be fair, Max has been doing a pretty damn good job marketing this place.

Hey I am not sure that everyone is ready for what is about to hit them. You know what is going on but it is going to be interesting. :-P

In August I predict some pretty big things. And I am talking more than waistlines.

For the record I welcome bandwagon fans.

Bandwagon fans = Increased Ad Revenue

Increased Ad Revenue = Summer Nanny

That has always been the goal here. :winking0001:

No seriously we have all been through so many years when there was no bandwagon. Just the thought of a bandwagon makes me happy.

For the record I welcome bandwagon fans.

Bandwagon fans = Increased Ad Revenue

Increased Ad Revenue = Summer Nanny

That has always been the goal here. :winking0001:

No seriously we have all been through so many years when there was no bandwagon. Just the thought of a bandwagon makes me happy.

The serious part is the Ad Revenue...sorry I started this ****ing thread...seriously. Let's talk some more about Revis and his contract, Hard Knocks that is a month away or PSL's, Cromartie's dick size...hey, but mine was dumb.

Too bad you think it's stupid...I thought it was a great thread when I started it.

Of course you thought it was a great thread. :rolleyes:

Football season hasn't started yet...what do you have to contribute during the busy time? I didn't think so.

Not surprisingly, you failed to make an actual point there... don't bother to elaborate, I'm not interested in a pissing contest.

Jets success is good for the franchise, the fanbase and this site. Frankly, I'd rather have new fans come in (for whatever reason they choose) and be entertaining and congenial in what is meant to be a social medium... rather than read the uptight "I'm more fan that you are" territorial nonsense that you are carrying on about.

I just don't agree with the "gatekeeper of fandom" mentality.

Oh, and you want to know what I've contributed in the off-season to the site? Why don't you ask Max how much site traffic the mafia games have driven the past couple of slow football months...

Of course you thought it was a great thread. :rolleyes:

Not surprisingly, you failed to make an actual point there... don't bother to elaborate, I'm not interested in a pissing contest.

Jets success is good for the franchise, the fanbase and this site. Frankly, I'd rather have new fans come in (for whatever reason they choose) and be entertaining and congenial in what is meant to be a social medium... rather than read the uptight "I'm more fan that you are" territorial nonsense that you are carrying on about.

I just don't agree with the "gatekeeper of fandom" mentality.

Oh, and you want to know what I've contributed in the off-season to the site? Why don't you ask Max how much site traffic the mafia games have driven the past couple of slow football months...

You missed my entire ****ing point in this thread...not surprising. And you're right about the pissing contests...I'd rather have you shoot me a PM then to get your rocks off behind closed doors so to speak if you get my drift.

O' Mighty Night Stalker,

Do I have your permission to be a Jets fan and post on Jetnation?

Love,

Mandarinia

Another jackass that missed the entire point...you must be one of the "bandwagon posters" I was referring to with your 700 and something posts.

You missed my entire ****ing point in this thread...not surprising. And you're right about the pissing contests...I'd rather have you shoot me a PM then to get your rocks off behind closed doors so to speak if you get my drift.

I didn't "miss" your point, I simply disagreed with it.

... and frankly, I don't "get your drift."

so you're the assh*le who has destroyed the Lounge!

:)

No, I didn't start it... I just got sucked into it... the mafia was going on here long before I joined the site.......... oh, does that make me a bandwagon mafia fan? ****.

Not for nothing, but aside from the vast smilie collection you've managed to give to the site, I don't think you've really moved too far beyond that.

I was going to morph it into a hybrid draft site but then my, "draft guy" left town. You know how it goes...

Archived