Jack Tatum dead at 61

nj meadowlands

I won't write what I would really like to write...but I do know that not only did Tatum not show any remorse at Stingley's paralysis....he tried to profit off it.

Tatum had a lot of health and mental issues.

Karma.

I won't say what I really want to either, except for this: You're really classy. Per usual.

I won't say what I really want to either, except for this: You're really classy. Per usual.

Good thing your opinion means nothing to me.

If you saw and read the things about Tatum (re: Stingley) that I have, you would have the same sentiment. Beleive me, I'm being nice here. I should have posted nothing - true - but ever since I saw that made for tv event where Tatum set Stingley up for what? The ultimate insult to injury? It was pathetic. Sorry, he tried to figuretively kick a man he put in a wheelchair for money.

I won't write what I would really like to write...but I do know that not only did Tatum not show any remorse at Stingley's paralysis....he tried to profit off it.

Karma.

I've been listening to this all day on Boston sports radio. I get it. He wasn't a classy guy. He was a jerk. But do we have to be inundated on the airwaves by people spitting on his grave?

No.

The man passed. Karma did in fact rear its ugly head on him. I don't think its necessary for adults to piss on the headstone now... it sets a bad example.

He passed.

You don't want to say "Rest in Peace" so be it, then say nothing.

Not a good day for ex-NFL players.....

Former NFL offensive lineman Harry Galbreath dies at 45

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 27, 2010 2:36 PM ET

Harry Galbreath, a former offensive lineman for the Dolphins, Packers and Jets, has died, the Green Bay Press Gazette is reporting. He was 45.

Galbreath's death was confirmed by the University of Tennessee, where he was an associate strength and conditioning coach and had been an All-American offensive lineman in the 1980s.

Galbreath played for the Dolphins from 1988 to 1992, for the Packers from 1993 to 1995 and for the Jets in 1996.

If you watch the replay Stingley got hurt on a clean play and it was just a freak accident that could have happened to anyone. I always held it against Tatum that he never met with Stingley but according to this it wasn't his fault:

Tatum had said he tried to visit Stingley at an Oakland hospital shortly after the collision but was turned away by Stingley's family members.

"It's not so much that Darryl doesn't want to, but it's the people around him," Tatum told the Oakland Tribune in 2004. "So we haven't been able to get through that. Every time we plan something, it gets messed up. Getting to him or him getting back to me, it never happens."

You probably saw him a bunch of times. He was a key player in the Immaculate Reception play.

Immaculate Reception happened in 1972, I was born in 1986 and didnt start watching football hardcore until maybe 9 years ago.

Anyway RIP. Anyone notice how young former football players die these days?

:face:

anyways RIP Jack.

WTF is the face for? I didnt know who dude was until today, problem?

If you saw and read the things about Tatum (re: Stingley) that I have, you would have the same sentiment. Beleive me, I'm being nice here. I should have posted nothing - true - but ever since I saw that made for tv event where Tatum set Stingley up for what? The ultimate insult to injury? It was pathetic. Sorry, he tried to figuretively kick a man he put in a wheelchair for money.

Ah yes, and kicking the dead guy is that much better.

If you watch the replay Stingley got hurt on a clean play and it was just a freak accident that could have happened to anyone. I always held it against Tatum that he never met with Stingley but according to this it wasn't his fault:

Tatum had said he tried to visit Stingley at an Oakland hospital shortly after the collision but was turned away by Stingley's family members.

"It's not so much that Darryl doesn't want to, but it's the people around him," Tatum told the Oakland Tribune in 2004. "So we haven't been able to get through that. Every time we plan something, it gets messed up. Getting to him or him getting back to me, it never happens."

From what I've heard Tatum tried to meet with Stingley three times, all for publicity. The first he showed up at the hospital with a bunch of media, the second time he had a phone call made to arrange a public meeting with himself Stingley and the media, and the third time he went to his house to try and get him to endorse his book.

From what I've heard Tatum tried to meet with Stingley three times, all for publicity. The first he showed up at the hospital with a bunch of media, the second time he had a phone call made to arrange a public meeting with himself Stingley and the media, and the third time he went to his house to try and get him to endorse his book.

Sounds about right. Not the most wonderful human being, but as ferocious a DB as has ever played the game. Like many football players, he had his demons. An all-time great. RIP.

Immaculate Reception happened in 1972, I was born in 1986 and didnt start watching football hardcore until maybe 9 years ago.

Anyway RIP. Anyone notice how young former football players die these days?

It's probably one of the top 5 most memorable plays in football history. I'm just surprised you somehow didn't know about it. No big deal.

Karma.

Wow. Stay classy Boston.

Shouldnt surprise me coming from you...but wow, just wow.

Wow. Stay classy Boston.

Shouldnt surprise me coming from you...but wow, just wow.

Some people were conflicted and nasty. I think Tatum was one of those people. Stingley appeared to be a very gentle, God fearing man. Tatum tried to take advantge of that. THAT is what bothers me. So, sorry it does not conform to your ideals of "classy" Spicoli.

Some people were conflicted and nasty. I think Tatum was one of those people. Stingley appeared to be a very gentle, God fearing man. Tatum tried to take advantge of that. THAT is what bothers me. So, sorry it does not conform to your ideals of "classy" Spicoli.

He was playing Football. It was a legal hit. He said he was sorry for what occurred, but not sorry for the way he played the game. And Tatum was avid in the fight against diabetes a disease that took his leg, you dont know him. You have an opinion of him. To spit on mans grave for that is classless.

Par for the course with you.

He was playing Football. It was a legal hit. He said he was sorry for what occurred, but not sorry for the way he played the game. And Tatum was avid in the fight against diabetes a disease that took his leg, you dont know him. You have an opinion of him. To spit on mans grave for that is classless.

Par for the course with you.

I never said it wasn't a legal hit, Spicoli. In your hest to slam me, you forgot that. Typical of you. What I do not like is his attempts to profit off it.

BTW, I did not realize you were a close friend of his. Seeing how you "know" him and I do not.

Shut up already, Spicoli. I can have an opinion. You think it's classles. Whatever. I think you are a person who's self-esteem is so low he needs to continually bash those that he thinks do not like him - to you know, make himself feel better. Seek therapy already. You won't get well here - no matter how much Crusher says he loves you.

I never said it wasn't a legal hit, Spicoli. In your hest to slam me, you forgot that. Typical of you. What I do not like is his attempts to profit off it.

BTW, I did not realize you were a close friend of his. Seeing how you "know" him and I do not.

Shut up already, Spicoli. I can have an opinion. You think it's classles. Whatever. I think you are a person who's self-esteem is so low he needs to continually bash those that he thinks do not like him - to you know, make himself feel better. Seek therapy already. You won't get well here - no matter how much Crusher says he loves you.

Nope, I didnt know Jack Tatum but I have family members who are big Football fans and have diabetes. They've met Tatum at some of his gatherings and say he was nothing but class (something you lack) and nothing like his Football persona. You might have an opinion, but I'd think a mature adult wouldnt piss on someone's grave like you have in this thread.

And I only bash you and your ignorance. I dont bash anyone else on this site. Therapy is going well, btw. My shrink told me to stand up in the face of ignorance and speak my mind. Its working out well so far.

Thanks!

Nope, I didnt know Jack Tatum but I have family members who are big Football fans and have diabetes. They've met Tatum at some of his gatherings and say he was nothing but class (something you lack) and nothing like his Football persona. You might have an opinion, but I'd think a mature adult wouldnt piss on someone's grave like you have in this thread.

And I only bash you and your ignorance. I dont bash anyone else on this site. Therapy is going well, btw. My shrink told me to stand up in the face of ignorance and speak my mind. Its working out well so far.

Thanks!

Yes, all your posts are so classy :lol:

You bash me because I don't like the poster you are and your ego can't take it. You could be a nice enough dude in person, although I doubt it.

I have relatives who have met Stingley and have heard the "story." Sure Tatum did charitable work on behalf of Diabetes....good for him. I know diabetes all too well. However, he still should have refrained from setting stingley up for a me-only profit scam. Sorry, it is what it is. But then again, you are blinded by your hatred and bruised ego. Ask Crusher to give you hug.

You have a long way to go in your therapy, Spicoli. Best of luck with that.

Yes, all your posts are so classy :lol:

You bash me because I don't like the poster you are and your ego can't take it. You could be a nice enough dude in person, although I doubt it.

I have relatives who have met Stingley and have heard the "story." Sure Tatum did charitable work on behalf of Diabetes....good for him. I know diabetes all too well. However, he still should have refrained from setting stingley up for a me-only profit scam. Sorry, it is what it is. But then again, you are blinded by your hatred and bruised ego. Ask Crusher to give you hug.

You have a long way to go in your therapy, Spicoli. Best of luck with that.

I do have a long way to go. But I'm working hard toward my goals. Soon I'll have the self confidence that you exude on a daily basis. And I'll thank you for your efforts in showing me the way. Hopefully, I learn class, something you say I lack which is ironic considering currently I have more class in my pinky than you do in your entire body.

I do have a long way to go. But I'm working hard toward my goals. Soon I'll have the self confidence that you exude on a daily basis. And I'll thank you for your efforts in showing me the way. Hopefully, I learn class, something you say I lack which is ironic considering currently I have more class in my pinky than you do in your entire body.

Quite doubtful after reading your posts for the last year. LOL!!

Is this validation stuff part of your cognitive therapy?

Oh Spicoli, you are indeed special.

Quite doubtful after reading your posts for the last year. LOL!!

Is this validation stuff part of your cognitive therapy?

Oh Spicoli, you are indeed special.

You'll love me soon enough Garby-poo (which you probably already do). All women do. I'm pretty much irresistible to the female gender.

You'll love me soon enough Garby-poo (which you probably already do). All women do. I'm pretty much irresistible to the female gender.

So, the whole "if you keep telling yourself something it will eventually come true" trick, eh? You're therapist is old school, I see.

So, the whole "if you keep telling yourself something it will eventually come true" trick, eh? You're therapist is old school, I see.

He does use this method, but I didnt need it for this part of my life. Women love me...dont act like you dont. You are so turned on by my arrogant classless surfer persona. Everyone can see it. Mostly because you too are arrogant and classless. And because everyone knows surfers are sexy in the eyes of females all across the globe.

He does use this method, but I didnt need it for this part of my life. Women love me...dont act like you dont. You are so turned on by my arrogant classless surfer persona. Everyone can see it. Mostly because you too are arrogant and classless. And because everyone knows surfers are sexy in the eyes of females all across the globe.

Which is it? I'm too arrogant and classless to like you or I just won't admit that I like you?

I think most surfers are weird.

which is it? I'm too arrogant and classless to like you or I just won't admit that I Like you?

I think most surferes are weird.

You just wont admit that you love my message board persona.

And you might think we are weird...but you love our toned tanned bodies to go with our handsome faces. I'm the hotness and you want me.

Archived