New Site Features

Maxman

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One other thing I noticed. It's hard to distinguish who is a user and who is a mod. Before, the mods' names were always in bold. Maybe increase the font and change the color to red to distinguish who is a mod? Since Max is the owner, I nominate his color be pink ;)

One other thing I noticed. It's hard to distinguish who is a user and who is a mod. Before, the mods' names were always in bold. Maybe increase the font and change the color to red to distinguish who is a mod? Since Max is the owner, I nominate his color be pink ;)

It's under their group name. Well next to it.

Besides we are all people. lol

I saw a few bumps in here....we are going to get the bulk of the issues sorted out over the weekend. Trust me when I say that we will review each piece of feedback and everything we can do we will. If we can't we will communicate that to you as well.

Thanks!

What about those poor souls who can't even access their regular login? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Just because some less than intelligent souls can't remember how to spell either their username or password is hardly the management's fault. :rolleyes:

Or perhaps the fact that this board software doesn't seem to allow for the same format of usernames as the old software (e.g., not recognizing login names with an apostrophe in them) isn't the fault of anyone, but is still a freakin' problem.

Douche.

Just because some less than intelligent souls can't remember how to spell either their username or password is hardly the management's fault. :rolleyes:

Max can we get the "Unread" or "Todays Posts" whatever it is called on this board in the top navigation somewhere? It is really annoying having to scroll to the bottom of the page and only on the main /forum I liked clicking that right up top right from a thread.

It's under their group name. Well next to it.

Besides we are all people. lol

Some weren't showing for me. I think I saw faba's group in there, but not Max's. It may be a setting in their profile that they need to set up.

Haven't tried IE, but Firefox has been perfectly fine for me as well.

Only issue I've had is I can't login to my real account. I PMed Max, but he's ignoring me. I guess he doesn't love me. :(

I do love you. Calls are being answered in the order received. Hope to get to you soon. :rolleyes:

Is there a way to block certain user sigs but not all?

I would love that feature!

No that doesn't exist. And it would add another custom query (i.e. server load). So we wouldn't be able to do it anyway with our volume.

I applaud your efforts, Max, and all the work you've done on this board.

I prefer the standard board view of before, but this is the present and future so it's either adapt or die.

I liked how in the other version, bolded thread titles were unread and regular text meant it was read.

It's a little confusing now that its been live for a while now, all the threads are getting harder to keep track of.

Agreed, I like the old format better.

Thanks for adding the 'My subscribed threads' tab,,Its under your username in top right of screen, use drop down and then pick 'My Content'

OK I have this, but it seems to only work for recent threads I posted in.

When I go back to a old thread and post a new post, the old thread doesnt make it to my Content screen???

Why cant I see a 'edit' tab on my 'older' posts anymore??? How do I go back in and edit????

That is in place so people don't abuse the edit feature. You can edit your post if you realized a mistake or something, but only for a limited time until the ability goes away.

Granted, no one abused this on the old forum (AFAIK) so I wish we just had perma-edit, but what can you do?

Notification: Top Right hand corner. When people send you personal messages (they are now called conversations) a notification appears. You also get a notification when somebody quotes a post of yours. I think that feature is excellent.

this IS cool, I tend to be a drive by poster, and forget about threads after about a minute

Hate it

With two words of feedback it is hard to know the specifics. We have a long list of things to work on so if you can give any feedback we can look at it. If it is just the colors or that we are no longer on vb, that isn't anything we can change at this point.

My preference would have been to stay on vbulletin for ever. I didn't have a burning desire to give up all that time on the conversion. :rolleyes: Once vb sold the company, it was forever ruined. People are beginning to leave vb in droves, the new product they put out is unstable and causes problems for very large boards like this. We really had no choice but to switch since our goal was to keep moving forward.

Thanks.

Notification: Top Right hand corner. When people send you personal messages (they are now called conversations) a notification appears. You also get a notification when somebody quotes a post of yours. I think that feature is excellent.

this IS cool, I tend to be a drive by poster, and forget about threads after about a minute

That is definitely a nice feature. It was one that I thought vb (all boards actually) should have had years ago. The conversations are greatly improved imo with that feature alone. Especially for drive-by posters like you alluded to.

That is definitely a nice feature. It was one that I thought vb (all boards actually) should have had years ago. The conversations are greatly improved imo with that feature alone. Especially for drive-by posters like you alluded to.

The only thing I miss is the 1 click of the User CP and you have all your undread threads in bold, and read ones in standard.

That is it-

Otherwise, I love it.

The only thing I miss is the 1 click of the User CP and you have all your undread threads in bold, and read ones in standard.

That is it-

Otherwise, I love it.

go top right of the page where your username is...

click on twistie..

pick 'my content'

Archived