New Site Features

Maxman

I am going to get some sleep soon :D . But I wanted to point out a few new site features...

-User Blogs, you can create a blog here. It will be linked to on our forum home. If you have an external blog that you currently maintain you can link to it here. Basically we will pull in your feed and get you additional readers.

-Notification: Top Right hand corner. When people send you personal messages (they are now called conversations) a notification appears. You also get a notification when somebody quotes a post of yours. I think that feature is excellent.

-Chat Room: Right now this is limited to 5 users but it is pretty self explanatory. You meet a hot chick (or dude) in the forums and you bring them into chat.

-Gallery: Haven't played around with this much myself yet. I will be importing old gameday and tailgating photos shortly.

-View New Content Method: Under your settings (hit the drop down on the top right and click My Settings) you can configure what content is considered "New". Pretty cool feature, view everything since your last visit or everything you have not read before.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to get some sleep soon :D . But I wanted to point out a few new site features...

-User Blogs, you can create a blog here. It will be linked to on our forum home. If you have an external blog that you currently maintain you can link to it here. Basically we will pull in your feed and get you additional readers.

-Notification: Top Right hand corner. When people send you personal messages (they are now called conversations) a notification appears. You also get a notification when somebody quotes a post of yours. I think that feature is excellent.

-Chat Room: Right now this is limited to 5 users but it is pretty self explanatory. You meet a hot chick (or dude) in the forums and you bring them into chat.

-Gallery: Haven't played around with this much myself yet. I will be importing old gameday and tailgating photos shortly.

Ok, real quick question. How do I turn off peoples' avatars and signatures? I don't like to have them visible as I check this site often from work. Couldn't find the setting to turn them off.

Ok, real quick question. How do I turn off peoples' avatars and signatures? I don't like to have them visible as I check this site often from work. Couldn't find the setting to turn them off.

Up in the top right hit the drop down arrow next to your username. Then:

-My Settings

-Under Your Options select Forums

-Under Board Preferences you can change the viewing options

Let me know if you have any problems...

-View New Content Method: Under your settings (hit the drop down on the top right and click My Settings) you can configure what content is considered "New". Pretty cool feature, view everything since your last visit or everything you have not read before.

Hey Max,

Can I set up the forum to read most recent posts first like I could on the old board?

Am I the only one having mega issues with the view?

Everyone's avatar is cut off either at the bottom, the head or the right in the middle...I havent seen a single full avatar yet. I also dont see any sig pictures.

Sometimes it shows that I qouted someone, sometimes it doesnt.

Some posts run on top of others, so I cant see entire pots.

I really like the lay out Max, looks sharpe, but I'm having mega issues.

Am I the only one having mega issues with the view?

Everyone's avatar is cut off either at the bottom, the head or the right in the middle...I havent seen a single full avatar yet. I also dont see any sig pictures.

Sometimes it shows that I qouted someone, sometimes it doesnt.

Some posts run on top of others, so I cant see entire pots.

I really like the lay out Max, looks sharpe, but I'm having mega issues.

Me too with the avatars...posted this issue in a few places and no response as yet. Maybe it's just you and me with this issue... <_<

Me too with the avatars...posted this issue in a few places and no response as yet. Maybe it's just you and me with this issue... <_<

I see your name now, but no avatar or sigs.

I'm also finding in some threads HUGE gaps between posts where its just green space and you have to keep scrolling and scrolling to find the next post.

I'm also finding in some threads HUGE gaps between posts where its just green space and you have to keep scrolling and scrolling to find the next post.

That reminds me of websites not fully rendered that you can still click through, but it shouldn't be a problem on regular computers. What internet browser are you using? What OS? I checked stuff before on IE 8 and Google Chrome with no problems so I suppose it's not one of those?

EDIT: Told you people would want quick reply. :P

A little off topic here but just an observation. Another reason I really missed my Jet Nation was because I was relegated to hanging out a lot on Twitter and it's just not the same. I mean you can't have conversations on Twitter. You reply to someone and if you're lucky 2 hours later someone replies. And...try and talk Jets football there and maybe one out of every ten times you can keep a conversation going before it gets distracted and I have a lot of Jets fans contacts there. That's my rant for the day.

You changed some stuff around...

There are two forum buttons in the top left, a little redundant. I'll go searching.

Chat would be better if usernames were colored or the text they post indented, because as of now it's difficult to read. Usernames are also cutoff above a certain character limit.

That reminds me of websites not fully rendered that you can still click through, but it shouldn't be a problem on regular computers. What internet browser are you using? What OS? I checked stuff before on IE 8 and Google Chrome with no problems so I suppose it's not one of those?

I'm having the same issue on IE7, but not on Firefox 3.5.9.... running XP.

You changed some stuff around...

There are two forum buttons in the top left, a little redundant. I'll go searching.

Chat would be better if usernames were colored or the text they post indented, because as of now it's difficult to read.

I would also help if you did not have a GIANT sig! I'm offering free sigs to all those with the monstrosities as their sig.

LMK what you want and I'll get it done today-

EDIT: Told you people would want quick reply. :P

That did the trick. HUGE difference.

I used chrome and its like I've never used my eyes before.

There's so much stuff on the pages that I couldnt see just using IE.

I'm not even joking...using IE, I couldnt see the banner, the avatars, the words under the avatar, the edit buttons, the smilies....because I couldnt see it...there was stuff I thought was gone. Now using Chrome...I see it all. Highly recommend anyone having those issues to make the switch.

Thanks dude!!!

Are you using AOL to get to this forum by any chance? I was, and that was the problem. I'm using FireFox and have no issues now.

God damn obsolete internet browsers still in existence, lol. While one can fix the problem by switching browsers, I suppose Max/PH should still look into it--I'd say there are a lot of people on IE 6/7 in the workplace at the very least.

Everyone should use Chrome, it looks great and is really fast.

Are you using AOL to get to this forum by any chance? I was, and that was the problem. I'm using FireFox and have no issues now.

No. I'm running XP and honestly dont know what version of IE. I just switched to Google Chrome and everything is back to normal.

Haven't tried IE, but Firefox has been perfectly fine for me as well.

Only issue I've had is I can't login to my real account. I PMed Max, but he's ignoring me. I guess he doesn't love me. :(

Nobody loves you. Get over it.

Does posting automatically subscribe you to that thread?

I can't find that setting...?

Click your username in the top right corner, go to My Settings, click notification options on the left-hand side, check the box "Watch every topic I reply to" and configure your notifications.

Archived