For those who presume the Jets are SB bound this year

Dude Love

I don't presume anything, I think the colts and saints remain favorites, but I feel the jets are legit contenders so I'll answer your question

improved passing attack mostly

LT is here to catch the ball, and pass protect first and foremost, he's pretty good at that

sanchise a year wiser

stability in the coaching staff

edwards has mini camps and a full TC under his belt

keller a year more experienced

Holmes will be a real difference maker once he's in there

just loads more to like in the passing attack

I don't presume anything, I think the colts and saints remain favorites, but I feel the jets are legit contenders so I'll answer your question

improved passing attack mostly

LT is here to catch the ball, and pass protect first and foremost, he's pretty good at that

sanchise a year wiser

stability in the coaching staff

edwards has mini camps and a full TC under his belt

keller a year more experienced

Holmes will be a real difference maker once he's in there

just loads more to like in the passing attack

I'm with you. I think the Jets offense has alot of upside and potential this year.

We mentioned the improved passing game expectations. Also, year 2 of Rex's defense, there should be a much better grasp of his complex packages. Finishing number 1 in most stats in year one was a phenominal accomplishment. If the special teams can hold its own, this team is a physical as anybody. Sanchez can be that leader we've been looking for, he can make a big improvement this season with more time under Schotty's offense. We finished strong, therefore we have high expectations. Now let's do it!!!

Cromartie and Wilson = great tandem for Revi$ (please sign soon)

Calvin Pace for a full season / Jason Taylor off the edge on passing downs = more pressure, higher sack total

Shonne Greene can have a breakout year

Santonio Holmes is a difference maker

Braylon Edwards has more time with the squad under his belt

Best offensive line in the league (at least in everyone's top 3)

What is it about this team than makes them better from last year?

1) Sanchez: If he plays like he did the last couple of weeks of the season and the post season.

2) Jenkins: When healthy the man is an absolute destroyer of offensive lines.

3) WR's: Granted Holmes misses the first four games but with him, Cotch, Edwards, and even Coles with Tomlinson being that much needed safety valve out of the backfield the Jets have the potential to be a very explosive offense.

Knowing the Jets though this team could very easily go 7-9 as well though.

Being a liflong Jet fan I do not assume anything with this team.

I am optimistic that with the staff and players we have in place we can contend this year and the future years. It is still some luck always neede to win it all.

What is it about this team than makes them better from last year?

The difference from this year from last will be do we play the Colts in our building, cause if we did last year we win and if we do this year we win, end of story, the regular season is the most important thing we need to win our division and get home field, cause I still don't think we beat Peyton in his building.

*Improvements to the D backfield shutting down passing attacks and allowing mega-blitz capability.

*Another year of zone blocking experience under the belt of the O line - this will continue to pay big dividends.

*Sanchez will hopefully make fewer mistakes as a sophomore.

*Greater depth at WR.

Archived