Support Players Who Show Up

greeniemeanie

Every year I purchase a new Jets Jersey. This year will be no different. I thought about many players for the year, but I think I will be getting either a Kyle Wilson or Antonio Cromartie Jersey.

After this debacle known as the Revis Holdout. I think it would be best to make a statement that I not only support the players who show up to play, but I refuse to purchase the jersey of any player who views himself as being larger than the team. I would get a Mangold or Harris Jersey, but I already have them.

Revis, to this fan, is and always will be nothing more than a rental type player, no matter how long he stays with the Jets. I simply don't like the man.

I think it would be great to see Cro and Wilson jersey's all over the stadium, without one Revis jersey to be found.

Every year I purchase a new Jets Jersey. This year will be no different. I thought about many players for the year, but I think I will be getting either a Kyle Wilson or Antonio Cromartie Jersey.

After this debacle known as the Revis Holdout. I think it would be best to make a statement that I not only support the players who show up to play, but I refuse to purchase the jersey of any player who views himself as being larger than the team. I would get a Mangold or Harris Jersey, but I already have them.

Revis, to this fan, is and always will be nothing more than a rental type player, no matter how long he stays with the Jets. I simply don't like the man.

I think it would be great to see Cro and Wilson jersey's all over the stadium, without one Revis jersey to be found.

I'm supporting Mangold. I'd buy his jersey next, class act all the way.

Did you vote?

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/90741-should-woody-give-revis-whatever-he-wants/

About 16% of the MB support Mevis.

We can stop whining, but you'll still be a bitch.

:P

Kiss my arse. All of you are acting like PMSing teenage girls

"Omgz i hate Revis"

But you'll be the same lames who'll be high fiving and yelling when he picks someone off.

"Omgz i hate Revis"

But you'll be the same lames who'll be high fiving and yelling when he picks someone off.

Word. But in all fairness, he has to get his a$$ on the field in order to pick someone off. If he is there week 1 than yes, they'll all be high-fiving, but when he's not on the field and we're getting torched by the opposing teams' #1, will you still support him???

"Omgz i hate Revis"

or maybe we're tired of talking about something we have to control or say so over. Let's face it R-everything has already been said. Of course we'd all be high fiving a Revis INT-we're Jets fans not Jets PLAYER fans-most of us anyway. In the meantime I am excited about our chances with or without Darrelle on the team this year.

"Omgz i hate Revis"

Which is basically why I haven't even posted in the forums. It's retarded.

I don't understand why people are taking this so incredibly personally. The man is motivated by money. SO WHAT. How many of us work for the pure joy of our job? I'd say those who do are the lucky few. Most of us work to collect a paycheck, and are motivated by trying to make more money. I know I am, is there anything wrong with that? No, so why should I hold a player who's JOB is to play football, a high-risk sport, to a different standard then I hold myself? If the man wants to get paid, fine, good for him. I do believe there is a certain level of understanding that needs to be reached between the two parties. Revis wants too much and the Jets want to give too little. I guess I try to think of things in a manner in which it could apply to my own life. If I knew I could be terminated whenever (I can be) and that on top of that, if I sustained an injury that my company could let me go, of course I want more security. Additionally, if I'm one of the 2 best at my job in my industry, I'd want to be compensated accordingly.

Revis is a man who wants to be paid for his job. He is amongst an elite # of people in this country who operate on a different playing field than us, getting paid in the millions. Then you throw in the fact that he's on a differently level than most of the guys in his industry because he is one of the best. Why is it on him to try and relate to us poor working folks? That's foolish to think that's the way athletes should operate. People live based on their abilities and the money it affords them and the industry in which they earn that money. Some people are more humble and are ok with what the make. Other people have an insatiable desire to make more, have more, be more. Something tells me that's Revis, considering the work the guy puts into his job on top of his natural ability.

The NFL ownership is cut-throat. Loyalty is a thing of the past on BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE. I don't understand how people don't see that. There is nothing in a contract outside of guaranteed money that means the Jets would need to keep Revis if he blew out his knees. At the same time I understand the Jets can't let themselves be held hostage by their best player. We have no idea what the inner workings are, but as an outsider it just seems to me the Jets want to do very little and Revis wants too much. In the end the cards are stacked against Revis. He can hold-out, and try and get his contract but then he faces the possibility of not playing this year. Then next year there is a very realistic possibility of a work stoppage so that'd be two years in the the prime of his career that he's not getting paid or playing football. If that's what he wants to do then I guess I see that as foolish, as I wouldn't want to not work and lose money for 2 years. I hope I see the Jets extend him some sort of compromise that the two parties can shake on, and in the end the Jets gave a little and Revis gives a little. An organization that stonewalls their best player isn't going to be a place where their workers are happy.

/end rant.

I don't understand why people are taking this so incredibly personally. The man is motivated by money. SO WHAT. How many of us work for the pure joy of our job? I'd say those who do are the lucky few. Most of us work to collect a paycheck, and are motivated by trying to make more money. I know I am, is there anything wrong with that? No, so why should I hold a player who's JOB is to play football, a high-risk sport, to a different standard then I hold myself? If the man wants to get paid, fine, good for him. I do believe there is a certain level of understanding that needs to be reached between the two parties. Revis wants too much and the Jets want to give too little. I guess I try to think of things in a manner in which it could apply to my own life. If I knew I could be terminated whenever (I can be) and that on top of that, if I sustained an injury that my company could let me go, of course I want more security. Additionally, if I'm one of the 2 best at my job in my industry, I'd want to be compensated accordingly.

Revis is a man who wants to be paid for his job. He is amongst an elite # of people in this country who operate on a different playing field than us, getting paid in the millions. Then you throw in the fact that he's on a differently level than most of the guys in his industry because he is one of the best. Why is it on him to try and relate to us poor working folks? That's foolish to think that's the way athletes should operate. People live based on their abilities and the money it affords them and the industry in which they earn that money. Some people are more humble and are ok with what the make. Other people have an insatiable desire to make more, have more, be more. Something tells me that's Revis, considering the work the guy puts into his job on top of his natural ability.

The NFL ownership is cut-throat. Loyalty is a thing of the past on BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE. I don't understand how people don't see that. There is nothing in a contract outside of guaranteed money that means the Jets would need to keep Revis if he blew out his knees. At the same time I understand the Jets can't let themselves be held hostage by their best player. We have no idea what the inner workings are, but as an outsider it just seems to me the Jets want to do very little and Revis wants too much. In the end the cards are stacked against Revis. He can hold-out, and try and get his contract but then he faces the possibility of not playing this year. Then next year there is a very realistic possibility of a work stoppage so that'd be two years in the the prime of his career that he's not getting paid or playing football. If that's what he wants to do then I guess I see that as foolish, as I wouldn't want to not work and lose money for 2 years. I hope I see the Jets extend him some sort of compromise that the two parties can shake on, and in the end the Jets gave a little and Revis gives a little. An organization that stonewalls their best player isn't going to be a place where their workers are happy.

/end rant.

12254a885fadccc3b.gif

/end rant.

this is a great post... it's not personal, it's strictly business... like Sonny in the GF says.

/end rant.

None of us work for the pure fun of our job, but if we out sell or over achieve at our job do we ask for more money? And if by some miracle they majically offer us more money do we turn it down and say that's know enough? Didn't Peyton Manning and Tom Brady take a pay cut to make their teams better to make a SB run? Hasn't Nick Mangold and David Harris taken a back seat in their contract talks because they know what is more important?

None of us work for the pure fun of our job, but if we out sell or over achieve at our job do we ask for more money? And if by some miracle they majically offer us more money do we turn it down and say that's know enough? Didn't Peyton Manning and Tom Brady take a pay cut to make their teams better to make a SB run? Hasn't Nick Mangold and David Harris taken a back seat in their contract talks because they know what is more important?

Depends on your personality doesn't it? Some people will bust their butts at their job and do a really great job and accept that minimal pay increase and keep quiet because they believe they'll get that payday at some point. Others feel that if you aren't going to take it for yourself then no one will give it to you. And to be honest I have personally been in a situation where an offer was made to me and I pushed it back and got the money I wanted. I don't make a lot of money, but I knew what my worth is and what people similar to me have made at other companies and what other companies offered me.

Everyone has different personalities when it comes to business.

I'm not above it all. I just know eventually you'll encounter some guy who has a signature blasting a player and taking it personally every time someone doesn't say ZOMG WHAT AN *******.

I don't understand why people are taking this so incredibly personally.

And you're not taking it personally? I mean, your frst post in this thread, you called everybody "retarded".

And you're not taking it personally? I mean, your frst post in this thread, you called everybody "retarded".

I think the sentiment of taking a player trying to get more money personally is retarded. I'm not sure what makes you think I'm taking it personally at all.

I think the sentiment of taking a player trying to get more money personally is retarded. I'm not sure what makes you think I'm taking it personally at all.

Riiiiiiight. You think everybody who has a different opinion than you is "retarded". What a wonderful person you are.

Depends on your personality doesn't it? Some people will bust their butts at their job and do a really great job and accept that minimal pay increase and keep quiet because they believe they'll get that payday at some point. Others feel that if you aren't going to take it for yourself then no one will give it to you. And to be honest I have personally been in a situation where an offer was made to me and I pushed it back and got the money I wanted. I don't make a lot of money, but I knew what my worth is and what people similar to me have made at other companies and what other companies offered me.

Everyone has different personalities when it comes to business.

This is true, but the scale of pay and guaranteed money is off the charts from what we make if you are Revis and you are offered at least a $100 million dollar deal with sick guaranteed money and you know next year their may not even be football and there is a possibility that you may have to sit out all of this year and if there is not football next yr sit out that year too wouldn't it make since to get that guaranteed money and make a SB run all in the same yr?

Riiiiiiight. You think everybody who has a different opinion than you is "retarded". What a wonderful person you are.

It's not about having a different opinion. It's about calling someone you don't even know a piece of sh*t, and then blasting anyone who does offer a differing view.

You're welcome to have a different opinion, but your signature basically summarizes what I think is retarded. So yes, I think you hating someone you don't even know who isn't exactly wrong in wanting more money, is silly. People can think it's wrong and think he should just play. It's when people flip out and get emotional about it and want to send him away and say stuff like **** him, he's overrated, he's not even that good, etc.

It's not about having a different opinion. It's about calling someone you don't even know a piece of sh*t, and then blasting anyone who does offer a differing view.

Say what? You just called an entire group of people you don't even know "retarded".

This is true, but the scale of pay and guaranteed money is off the charts from what we make if you are Revis and you are offered at least a $100 million dollar deal with sick guaranteed money and you know next year their may not even be football and there is a possibility that you may have to sit out all of this year and if there is not football next yr sit out that year too wouldn't it make since to get that guaranteed money and make a SB run all in the same yr?

Well, I said that I think what Revis wants is way too much. Using Nnamdi's contract as a selling point is not fair. It's really not a market value contract.

But if we knew for a fact that contract was offered and Revis turned it down then that's craziness on his part.

I like the spirit of this... but I think if we really wanted to make a point with our buying decisions as consumers... then Mangold is the jersey to get. He, after all, is also in a similar contract situation... but decided to show up.

Good thread. :)

Let me give you some free medical advice, go get the stick pulled out of your a$.

Let me give you some free advice. You've been banned once, calm down a little.

In fact, that goes for everyone. Let's all calm down a little.

Archived