Revis Signed!!!!

SoFlaJets

I was right they'd cut Trich but not Woodhead... I was right about Gholston not sucking... im liking my track record lately...

by the way I never said he needed 16.2 all i maintained was it would take a pile of money... up front or guarunteed to get this done. 32 over 4 is a pretty good deal for both sides. screw this 10 year nonsense! band aid all the way.

Please, you were all for givinig him whatever, you thought the Jets were stupid not to.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a great deal for both teams.

We get Revis for 4 years at a reasonable rate, he gets enough money to set up his grandchildren for life, and we can probably franchise him for a year (if he'll play) and then decide what to do with him when he's 30.

Sounds good to me.

I’d bet there is a no franchise clause in this contract

I was right they'd cut Trich but not Woodhead... I was right about Gholston not sucking... im liking my track record lately...

by the way I never said he needed 16.2 all i maintained was it would take a pile of money... up front or guarunteed to get this done. 32 over 4 is a pretty good deal for both sides. screw this 10 year nonsense! band aid all the way.

Gholston does suck until he stops sucking.

You said Revis was a superstar and the Jets have no idea how to handle one (like you do presumably). That they need to cave into his demands no matter what they are to preserve this one-year window you believe the Jets have to win a SB.

Wrong, SoFla - some goober named Incarceratedbob broke this story...better get it right or he'll go ballistic and threaten you like he did to Menish. LOL! Incarceratedbob! LOL!

He is a reporter on Boomer Esiason radio show. I wonder if Boomer will go to bat for him Tuesday AM or whether Boomer (ever the politician) will clam up to protect his ESPN portfolio rolleyes.gif

He is a reporter on Boomer Esiason radio show. I wonder if Boomer will go to bat for him Tuesday AM or whether Boomer (ever the politician) will clam up to protect his ESPN portfolio rolleyes.gif

He's a frequent, well-known radio show caller, not a reporter.

You said Revis was a superstar and the Jets have no idea how to handle one (like you do presumably). That they need to cave into his demands no matter what they are to preserve this one-year window you believe the Jets have to win a SB.

+1. It's rather ludicrous he's puffing his chest out the way he is right now. It's not like any of us was saying, dear god, don't sign the man for any number than his current contract or to not compromise at all. Most of us were saying it's idiotic (which it would have been) to sign him to a ridiculous deal that exceeds Aso's deal per year for a multi-year deal.

For a month or so now Bitoni's been telling us that we need to pay Revis like the best corner in the NFL. We signed him for less than what the highest paid corner is getting (reportedly). So what exactly was Bitoni right about? we're not idiots, Bit. None of us really think you were right about that at all. Him signing does not equal you were right about that. You've been advocating us kowtowing completely to his needs instead of negotiating.

Websters Dictionary

1suck

verb \ˈsək\

Definition of SUCK

transitive verb

a : to draw (as liquid) into the mouth through a suction force produced by movements of the lips and tongue <sucked milk from his mother's breast>

b : to draw something from or consume by such movements<suck an orange> <suck a lollipop>

c : to apply the mouth to in order to or as if to suck out a liquid <sucked his burned finger>

d : a 2008 #6 draft pick who three years later is fighting for a backup roster spot <it sucks he cant be a starter for such a high draft pick>

Does this free up $$$ to re-sign David Harris?

It should but either way, they are going to have to wait till next year and see what he's offered.

Probably in the $7 mill range, I doubt they keep him if that's the case.

The 30% rule is keeping them from getting it done now.

by the way.. i called it on twitter back on august 25th :P

@sportsyenta My bet is @Revis24 does not sign today. Of course i am often wrong. My guess is sept.5th. (9/5/10) 9+5+10= 24 #jets #math #dork #nerd #nfl 9:30 AM Aug 25th via web

Wrong, SoFla - some goober named Incarceratedbob broke this story...better get it right or he'll go ballistic and threaten you like he did to Menish. LOL! Incarceratedbob! LOL!

you kidding me Tee-my buddy Crusher will destroy that guy if he tries messing with me

You truly are the holy divinity of guessing on stuff and getting it almost and/or sorta right. Good job.

If they were doing that much leading, they would have not got cut or they'll be brought back.

T-Rich will be brought back today from what i hear. So thats good for the JETS.

Coles was let go because if he was on the roster the JETS would have to gusrantee his entire years salary. And they wanted to make room just in case Revis showed up. Rex said so in as many words.

I think that message was directed solely at Mark Sanchez, although Rex couldn't openly say it. They need the kid to be the leader of this offense moreso than last year. Whether Richardson was here or not that was ALWAYS going to be the case. Mark needs to mature quickly.

Just wanting to be a leader, and writing it on piece of paper does not make any guy leader. You have to earn the respect of your team. And Mark Sanchez is long way away from doing that.

Adam_Schefter Filed to ESPN: Jets and CB Darrelle Revis reach agreement in principle. Revis will fly to NY, sign contract and be on field next Monday

TheJetsStream BREAKING: #Jets have agreed to terms with Revis.

Anyone with half a brain knew that he was going to get his contract, so why didn't the Jets do this a month ago??

T-Rich will be brought back today from what i hear. So thats good for the JETS.

Coles was let go because if he was on the roster the JETS would have to gusrantee his entire years salary. And they wanted to make room just in case Revis showed up. Rex said so in as many words.

Good I want them both on the team, but I also think if they were the only 2 leaders we had on offense we'd be in trouble as they might not play much.

I also think they would not have been cut for 1 minute if that was the case.

Good I want them both on the team, but I also think if they were the only 2 leaders we had on offense we'd be in trouble as they might not play much.

I also think they would not have been cut for 1 minute if that was the case.

If it was a player in his 2nd or 3rd season then the amount he played and contribution he made of the field go a long way in gaining respect in the locker room.

But for veterans playing time does not matter. As long as they contribute. These guys have been in this league for a long time and they have the respect of their peers based on their body of work.

A month ago Revis was not having it, he was demanding crazy Al Aso money.

Good for the Jets for waiting him out.

Do we know this? Or was Revis just trying to get guarantees on some of that money? Judging by what he signed for, this was more about getting paid in cash than it ever was about topping some other player's mythical dollar figure.

If it was a player in his 2nd or 3rd season then the amount he played and contribution he made of the field go a long way in gaining respect in the locker room.

But for veterans playing time does not matter. As long as they contribute. These guys have been in this league for a long time and they have the respect of their peers based on their body of work.

Respect and looking to someone for leadership are two different things. Having someone lead who is actually on the field allot goes along lomg way.

Sure they are great locker room leaders, but so are the coaches, and guys like Mangold, Woody and LT are as well.

Do we know this? Or was Revis just trying to get guarantees on some of that money? Judging by what he signed for, this was more about getting paid in cash than it ever was about topping some other player's mythical dollar figure.

That's what he said with his own mouth, believe what you want, but remember it's what he said.

Archived