Brodney Pool

Vudu

So noone's going to talk about him hurting his vagina and him maybe missing the Monday Night opener?

Upgrade over Rhodes my arse...he's made of glass.

*thumbsdown*

He is fine, they just don't want him to tweak the ankle before the game.

He will play.

I read he was riding the bike, which he would not be doing if his ankle was really messed up.

You are falling for media and team BS.

Well clearly Im not an insider, if the beat writers report it, then wtf am i supposed to believe? <_<

So noone's going to talk about him hurting his vagina and him maybe missing the Monday Night opener?

*thumbsdown*

Maybe because there's nothing to talk about. He's injured, his season isnt over. In the short time we've got to see him on the field, he's twice as aggressive in the run game as Rhodes and he brings the pain when he tackles.

I dunno, maybe give him a snap with the team before you give him a *thumbsdown* and proclaim him worse than Carrie Rhodes.

I personally think Pool is the most underrated of all our offseason moves.

*thumbsdown*

+1

The reputation he magically got this offseason as a "big hitter" is also bs.

Hopefully he plays and he plays well. He's a similar caliber of athlete to Rhodes, but with a ridiculous injury history and no season of elite S play.

I dont wanna say anything incriminating but I think DLJ has a Kerry Rhodes blow-up love doll.

Im no Kerry Rhodes lover...I just think the whole " he's better than Rhodes" is premature seeing that we havent really seen what he can do, and we might not see it on Monday since he might not play. :rolleyes:

Maybe because there's nothing to talk about. He's injured, his season isnt over. In the short time we've got to see him on the field, he's twice as aggressive in the run game as Rhodes and he brings the pain when he tackles.

I dunno, maybe give him a snap with the team before you give him a *thumbsdown* and proclaim him worse than Carrie Rhodes.

I personally think Pool is the most underrated of all our offseason moves.

Really? Really?

Nah, you can't be serious.

+1

The reputation he magically got this offseason as a "big hitter" is also bs.

Hopefully he plays and he plays well. He's a similar caliber of athlete to Rhodes, but with a ridiculous injury history and no season of elite S play.

Poole is a big hitter when comparing to Rhodes, because Rhodes hits harder with his purse than actual body. I'm okay with Poole starting, but I'm also okay with Smith starting...both are decent players that can tackle. Sure Rhodes was great in defending in the pass but he was such a woman in the run it was disgusting.

Poole is a big hitter when comparing to Rhodes, because Rhodes hits harder with his purse than actual body. I'm okay with Poole starting, but I'm also okay with Smith starting...both are decent players that can tackle. Sure Rhodes was great in defending in the pass but he was such a woman in the run it was disgusting.

Rhodes was a big hitter on QB's from the blindside. He's got highlights to prove it. Never liked him much, though. Always wanted a John Lynch/Steve Atwater/Troy Palamalu type banger back there. It freaks out recievers.

Pool misses practice -- again

September, 9, 2010 Sep 91:54PM ETEmail Print Comments By Rich CiminiNew York Jets S Brodney Pool (sprained ankle), injured in the third pre-season game, was relegated to the stationary bike once again Thursday. He hasn't practiced since the injury and won't play in the season opener Monday night against the Baltimore Ravens, although he hasn't been officially ruled out of the game.

Pool will be replaced by Eric Smith, who has 14 career starts. Suddenly, the Jets' secondary has a few moving parts: Smith starting for Pool, rookie Kyle Wilson returning to his nickel-back role and Darrelle Revis returning to the field after a 36-day holdout. The unit also is breaking in a new starter, RCB Antonio Cromartie.

Another ripple effect from the Pool injury: It might mean Smith, a stalwart on special teams, won't be available for his usual role on teams.

This was the Jets' first major day of preparation for the Ravens. The team was off Wednesday.

Rhodes was a big hitter on QB's from the blindside. He's got highlights to prove it. Never liked him much, though. Always wanted a John Lynch/Steve Atwater/Troy Palamalu type banger back there. It freaks out recievers.

Bingo ... you want to have the opposing receivers hearing footsteps once the ball is snapped and they're open targets. With Rhodes in coverage the opposing receivers heard feathers.

Pool misses practice -- again

September, 9, 2010 Sep 91:54PM ETEmail Print Comments By Rich CiminiNew York Jets S Brodney Pool (sprained ankle), injured in the third pre-season game, was relegated to the stationary bike once again Thursday. He hasn't practiced since the injury and won't play in the season opener Monday night against the Baltimore Ravens, although he hasn't been officially ruled out of the game.

Pool will be replaced by Eric Smith, who has 14 career starts. Suddenly, the Jets' secondary has a few moving parts: Smith starting for Pool, rookie Kyle Wilson returning to his nickel-back role and Darrelle Revis returning to the field after a 36-day holdout. The unit also is breaking in a new starter, RCB Antonio Cromartie.

Another ripple effect from the Pool injury: It might mean Smith, a stalwart on special teams, won't be available for his usual role on teams.

This was the Jets' first major day of preparation for the Ravens. The team was off Wednesday.

According to Ecurb that's only media hype :rolleyes:

According to Ecurb that's only media hype :rolleyes:

Personally I like Pool over Rhodes. A lot.

My main concern with Pool is his injury history, and this certainly isn’t helping. I would still rather have him then Rhodes.

Rhodes main problem, and the reason that he is no longer on the team isn’t his hitting. Or his skill level. It was that he is a Prima Donna, and a locker room cancer. Rex has brought in an attitude of, “It’s US against the world” Rhodes wouldn’t buy into that. He had to be the star.

He wouldn’t allow, or accept any system that he wasn’t the star in. He refused to play the system, fought with the coaches, and defied them while sulking. He was poison to this team.

I’m glad he’s gone, even if it means having Smith start.

Personally I like Pool over Rhodes. A lot.

My main concern with Pool is his injury history, and this certainly isn’t helping. I would still rather have him then Rhodes.

Rhodes main problem, and the reason that he is no longer on the team isn’t his hitting. Or his skill level. It was that he is a Prima Donna, and a locker room cancer. Rex has brought in an attitude of, “It’s US against the world” Rhodes wouldn’t buy into that. He had to be the star.

He wouldn’t allow, or accept any system that he wasn’t the star in. He refused to play the system, fought with the coaches, and defied them while sulking. He was poison to this team.

I’m glad he’s gone, even if it means having Smith start.

And a 9 year old girl would burn him in the 40 yard dash. He's slow as hell.

*thumbsdown*

I have to admit I was one of the guys who had very high hopes for Pool coming into this season.

But he's had a very quiet preseason, and now this.

I think there could be a cause for concern here, but I'm willing to take a little bit more time to completely change my view.

Let's see what happens in the first few regular season games.

Archived