Mankins Pats deal nixed over apology...

BroadwayJoe12

Mankins

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, a long-term contract LG Logan Mankins was nixed two weeks ago when the restricted free agent refused to publicly apologize to Patriots owner Robert Kraft.

The proposed deal was comparable to the seven-year, $56.7 million contract recently signed by Saints guard Jahri Evans. Mankins did apologize to Kraft for derogatory comments made in the offseason, questioning the owner's apology. Mankins drew the line, however, at apologizing publicly, and he's now pushing for a trade out of New England. He's just as likely to sit out the entire season unless he comes through on the apology. Sep. 12 - 12:24 pm et

Source: ESPN.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=181478

Good thing Krafty is really looking out for his teams' best interest here. I'm sure his pride will be able to help Tom Brady up off the ground...pride is like Robitussin, it's a cure all.

i wouldnt publicly apologize either....screw him.....

I want to hear Mankins' side seeing they have not been shy about going public, but.....

Screw Mankins.

If he is man enough to apologize for his remarks to Kraft, he should be man enough to do it in public.

A public apology, not a reach around, not a Kraft tossed salad, an apology is coming between him and a 'comparable' 56 million dollars.

He is an f'ing idiot.

His agent is an f'ing idiot.

Who knows what the CBA is going to be like. Granted, the change being thrown around suggests he can make that money. If he is apologizing he is admitting he was wrong, what you cannot apologize for being an a$$ to a guy about to give you 56 million.

Dumbass.

It's a total dick move by Kraft, requiring another person to (basically) debase himself publicly. But as much as a dick move it is by Kraft, it's 50-fold a stupid move by Mankins. For $50M he should be willing to make a public apology to someone who raped him in a dark alley. OK maybe not that, but publicly apologizing to someone willing to pay you $50-60M to play football isn't the worst thing ever.

Even more, he'd end up getting public sympathy over it and Kraft would look like the villain who put him up to it. No one would take his apology as genuine anyway if it was the term of a contract.

Mankins and his agents are frankly really stupid, and are snatching defeat from the arms of victory here.

It's a total dick move by Kraft, requiring another person to (basically) debase himself publicly. But as much as a dick move it is by Kraft, it's 50-fold a stupid move by Mankins. For $50M he should be willing to make a public apology to someone who raped him in a dark alley. OK maybe not that, but publicly apologizing to someone willing to pay you $50-60M to play football isn't the worst thing ever.

Even more, he'd end up getting public sympathy over it and Kraft would look like the villain who put him up to it. No one would take his apology as genuine anyway if it was the term of a contract.

Mankins and his agents are frankly really stupid, and are snatching defeat from the arms of victory here.

The player will always be a loser here because Mankins cannot get this season back. And if there's a lockout next year, it's plausible he may have played his last NFL game and will nevr see these kinds of numbers again. Kraft is a huge slapdick, but Mankins if he did apologize would be going to work there every day. Why not be on good terms? An apology, even if he doens't much mean it, costs him nothing.

Obviously I , like all of you,hope for a compound fracture of Tom Brady's femur due to Mankins' replacement missing an assignment. Not a life-ending injury, merely one making the Pats a bad football team.

What kind of an imbecile wouldn't get on TV and say "I'm sorry" for $56.7M? Especially when anyone in the world who knows who Logan Mankins is will know that he's only saying it because it's a condition of his contract. I can't feel sympathy for anyone this stupid, no matter how much of an emotionally disturbed douchebag Kraft is.

What kind of an imbecile wouldn't get on TV and say "I'm sorry" for $56.7M? Especially when anyone in the world who knows who Logan Mankins is will know that he's only saying it because it's a condition of his contract. I can't feel sympathy for anyone this stupid, no matter how much of an emotionally disturbed douchebag Kraft is.

Exactly.

I wonder how Mankins feels today after watching the Bengals defense get no closer than 3 feet to Brady yesterday?

I wonder how Mankins feels today after watching the Bengals defense get no closer than 3 feet to Brady yesterday?

He should feel like the dumbass he is. Here's the irony of his standoff: if Brady got hurt so badly that he was out for the season again, even if it was because of garbage LG play, NE would then have no incentive to give Mankins a mega-deal this year.

Archived