Thank You Tom Shane

Maxman

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kotite is correct. Tom and I were so torn over the Signature Blocking issue that we couldn't agree. I wanted sig blocking.

Tom felt that we have a beefy bandwidth allowance and that we shouldn't limit it. We talked about it for hours.

Eventually we agreed to disagree and he left. You guys are too smart for me. I tried hiding it. I couldn't.

I should have been honest with you from the beginning.

haha. good work.

seriously, if he was just busy, he would have bowed out of his responsibilities but still chimed in.

the fact that he deleted his existence means that he for some reason was bitter over something. chances are, you guys indeed had a little talk about the "direction" of the site and blah blah blah

still, it is sad to see him go. he was a good guy and a funny poster

Just wanted to let everyone know that TomShane is no longer with us. No he did not pass away, he wouldn't let us off that easy.

He just has a bunch of things going on. Work, School (finishing up his Masters). And he can no longer make the committment necessary to this site. Apparently not updating Post Of The Day takes up more time than any of us knew. He has decided that he needs to take care of these other things. Unfortunately he felt the need to delete his user last night which is a move I did not agree with. I am working on restoring that but for now he does not show up in the member list.

Tom became a very good friend of mine because of this site. I won't try to minimize how much this site will miss him. Nor will I try to minimize how much I will miss him on a personal note. When this site started Tom and I didn't know each other all that well. Over the course of the last year that certainly changed as he became one of the best friends that I have.

I wish him well and hope that he gets everything in order. Good Luck Tom and God Bless! Thank you for making Jetnation.com the great site that it is today. All of the work you did here is appreciated and will not be forgotten.

Make the world go away

Get it off my shoulder

Say the things we used to say

And make the world, make it go away

Do you remember when you loved me

Before the world took you away

Well if you do, then forgive me

Make the world go away

Get it off my shoulder

Now I'm sorry if I hurt you

Let me make it up to you day by day

And if you will please forgive me

Make the world go away

Get it off my shoulder

Elvis.jpg

The Big "E"

not for nothing maxie, maybe its just me but there were times when you and tom seemed to be going at it and although it was sort of tongue and cheek, to me, there seemed to be a hint of low level animosity.

anyone else catch that vibe or is it just me?

ive been in enough bands to see plenty of split ups. there are only 2 kinds:

Type A: Person A and B hate each other and make it well known to anyone who cares to listen

Type B: Person A and B cant work together for some reason. although they dont hate each other, they decide to part ways. no matter what there is a little bitterness that lingers for the other guy riuning "a good thing". they announce to the world they are no longer working together but are friends and wish each other a well.somehere along the lines, each person as he leaves has a "F U" and/or whatever attitude, with a smile though. one guy will, to be a dick, ask the other guy to stop playing a song he cowrote. the other guy, to be a dick,will ask for some rare tapes or a gig connection back that belong to the band.

Tom was a lanky recluse who turned down sex from good looking mature chick, that much we know for sure. Plus, he pussied out to a drunk.

When he left, to be a dick, he deleted his SN, and thats his way of saying "F U". He will deny this site his good humor and charm.

Thats how sooth got screwed too

not for nothing maxie, maybe its just me but there were times when you and tom seemed to be going at it and although it was sort of tongue and cheek, to me, there seemed to be a hint of low level animosity.

Type A: Person A and B hate each other and make it well known to anyone who cares to listen

Type B: Person A and B cant work together for some reason. although they dont hate each other, they decide to part ways. no matter what there is a little bitterness that lingers for the other guy riuning "a good thing". they announce to the world they are no longer working together but are friends and wish each other a well.somehere along the lines, each person as he leaves has a "F U" and/or whatever attitude, with a smile though. one guy will, to be a d!ck, ask the other guy to stop playing a song he cowrote. the other guy, to be a d!ck,will ask for some rare tapes or a gig connection back that belong to the band.

Tom was a lanky recluse who turned down sex from good looking mature chick, that much we know for sure. Plus, he pussied out to a drunk.

When he left, to be a d!ck, he deleted his SN, and thats his way of saying "F U". He will deny this site his good humor and charm.

Maybe He just started rooting for the Bengals?

Type B: Person A and B cant work together for some reason. although they dont hate each other, they decide to part ways. no matter what there is a little bitterness that lingers for the other guy riuning "a good thing". they announce to the world they are no longer working together but are friends and wish each other a well.somehere along the lines, each person as he leaves has a "F U" and/or whatever attitude, with a smile though. one guy will, to be a d!ck, ask the other guy to stop playing a song he cowrote. the other guy, to be a d!ck,will ask for some rare tapes or a gig connection back that belong to the band.

When he left, to be a d!ck, he deleted his SN, and thats his way of saying "F U". He will deny this site his good humor and charm.

I think you're reading way to much into this, Dickie.

Here's my take-

Tom only started this site to stick it up Sooth's @ss. Mission accomplished.

Some where in Northport, a guy named sean is smoking his best cigar and giggling to himself

Bro...you should have saved that for tomorrow. Because today we already have a Post Of The Day.

I actually clapped when I read your post though. Really funny.

The JI War Room is celebrating like Al Gore Central when the Networks called Florida in his favor a few years back. Oh man, he must be eating this up. I know I would be if I were him.

Jetnation.com won't miss a beat. In all fairness Tom didn't do that much around here anyway. Would could say he was like a piece of furniture! He was here all the time but he can be replaced!

Just joking Tom, you homo. I know you are still reading this.

Bro...you should have saved that for tomorrow. Because today we already have a Post Of The Day.

I actually clapped when I read your post though. Really funny.

The JI War Room is celebrating like Al Gore Central when the Networks called Florida in his favor a few years back. Oh man, he must be eating this up. I know I would be if I were him.

Jetnation.com won't miss a beat. In all fairness Tom didn't do that much around here anyway. Would could say he was like a piece of furniture! He was here all the time but he can be replaced!

Just joking Tom, you homo. I know you are still reading this.

Tom just wants some *sskissing.

Deep down inside, he envy's the Soothsayer.

We usually got along pretty well. A lot of the "fights" were just ball busting. He would often PM me threads and say do me a favor, go blast me in this one. Now Tom telling me to go blast him could certainly mean a few things.

If we disagreed on one thing it was how negative he was. I love the Jets. Tom loves himself! The exit polls clearly showed that the people wanted a more realistic Jet site. A site where you can speak freely. Where you can call for Herm's head and not get yelled at. That much we agreed on. But we got a lot of feedback from people saying that Tom seemed to like when the Jets lost.

I don't hate Tom. I always said he is the funniest person that I know. Unfortunately he left his funny back at JI because I didn't read much of it here. :mrgreen:

I am selling the songs that we wrote together to Nike. That will teach him to screw with me. =D>

I wish him well. I let him into my house. I let him into my world. I will not knock him. He decided to go in another direction. Maybe he just got bored of JN. I know that he didn't seem to enjoy writing articles here anymore. He did complain about that a lot lately.

He was a lazy a$$ bitch if I can speak freely for a moment. :wink:

This is probably the only sore spot. He did this after I signed off and without telling me. That was not cool. I know he did it to be funny.

I am just shocked that he knew where to do such a thing. This is a true story: Anytime I asked him for help he would say...."Max that damn Admin Panel, I can't load it up on my PC". Guess he got that fixed! #-o

You are saying that TomShane screwed me and Sooth? That is quite a who's who of screwing.

Kotite is correct. Tom and I were so torn over the Signature Blocking issue that we couldn't agree. I wanted sig blocking.

Tom felt that we have a beefy bandwidth allowance and that we shouldn't limit it. We talked about it for hours.

Eventually we agreed to disagree and he left. You guys are too smart for me. I tried hiding it. I couldn't.

I should have been honest with you from the beginning.

Well done, BZ, well done.

JISPLIT.jpg

I feel for ya, Max. You, Tom, Faba, Smizzy have all been good to me and i appreciate that (Trust me, it's not easy feeling welcomed being another teams fan). Hell about 99% of you guys have been A-OK in my book.

Tom, if you are reading this, thanks for making me feel welcomed here my friend. And thanks for helping create a damn good site. Hopefully ya can find a way to keep in touch with me.

Max, i've been through pretty much this exact split up, believe it or not. I was once half owner of a website and dedicated 3 years of my life to being there just for the sake of other folks. I burned myself out at it and now forever have a bad taste in my mouth because A.) In some ways i feel as though i failed for leaving and B.) It was a pretty nasty split up between me and my friends. I think very highly of you guys and hope this site never misses a beat man. You're work is definately appreciated on my end.

Good luck and best wishes, Tom. And Max, thanks for giving me a forum that is not a Steelers forum to come to and try and have decent football discussions. =D>

GGG seems to have dissappeared this week as well.

Should we put an APB out on all the Chargers boards?

Seriously, for whatever reason Shane left, (and GGG, if she is on hiatus as well?) joke or not, I hope for their swift return.

You two don't really believe Max can pull this off on his own now do ya?

(I'm kidding Max, I know you're married, so thankfully we can be assured there are some brains behind this. :lol: )

GGG seems to have dissappeared this week as well.

Should we put an APB out on all the Chargers boards?

Seriously, for whatever reason Shane left, (and GGG, if she is on hiatus as well?) joke or not, I hope for their swift return.

You two don't really believe Max can pull this off on his own now do ya?

(I'm kidding Max, I know you're married, so thankfully we can be assured there are some brains behind this. :lol: )

GGG was here all afternoon.

These guys and gals are the Masters of illusion, and it's fun.

We'll see, but my gut says they're setting us all up for something.

Don't underestimate the Maxman. He may usually play the supporting role, but he's good too.

Again ... Boo!

How long till people realize TomShane was just one of Young EricBartons alias's?

The shift from sarcastic humor, to sarcastic comment, to cynical humor, to pure cynism can become a trend, a downward spiral that's harder to pull out of than a flat spin in an f-16 (just ask poor Goose). I think this site became more burdensome when Tom's complaints panned out--he was proven correct and there went the joy of argument. It's too bad though, that he didn't realize that it was his personality, wit and humor--not his opinion that made him a pseudo-celebrity hereabouts. A funnyman never loses his funny, only his audience. I hope Tom Shane is pulling a big joke on all of us with Max as his straight-man. If not, my world just lost some of it's fun.

P.S. If anyone's looking for Tom's replacement--I'm totally available and up to 12% more funny on holidays and weekends. Also, I resemble Russell Crowe, who can totally kick Mathew Modine's ass. Of course, I'm working on My master's degree--so I won't be available until 2007, by which time I'll probably have outgrown all of you troglodytes. Best wishes, SLM.

Archived