Woodhead > McKnight

redman81

I am sure USC alum knows everything about each and every player on the team! :rolleyes:

Huh? Do you follow sports? You can find out about people and their business pretty easily. And when you are one of the highest recruited players in the country and never live up the hype, rumors fly.

I went to college and saw plenty of players doing incriminating acts...its not hard for rumors to start or be right next to it when it happens. Not saying thats McKnight, but the rumor around the team was he didnt care and thats why he never lived up to his hype.

Thats not tough information to find.

I cannot wait to bump this thread over the next few years...should be epic.

The kid is more talented the woodhead. Neither are seeing the field right now unless we are getting blown out or are up big late in the 4th. You keep the guy who you believe is going to be a bigger impact down the road, that simple. The FO believes McKnight will be that guy, let's just wait and give him the same few years that Woody got before he became this apparent world-beater.

I loved the kid, but he's gone. It's just refreshing to know after winning three divisional games in a row we will always have something to complain about.

Of course your right Coach. It’s just that Woodhead was a fan favorite. If he had gone to Seattle, or Atlanta everyone would be happy for him. He went to the Pats, and is contributing.

So far McKnight has only contributed to the “Who’s going to clean up that mess” people.

It’s going to be hard to hate him as a Pat. Just Sucks

Yep.

It's not that he would have lit it up here. It's that he is producing for the Pats. THE PATS!!!!!!!

I think the Hard Knocks show increased his stock value and now he is helping out our hated Rival. But at least he help beat Miami. I hate everybody!

Huh? Do you follow sports? You can find out about people and their business pretty easily. And when you are one of the highest recruited players in the country and never live up the hype, rumors fly.

I went to college and saw plenty of players doing incriminating acts...its not hard for rumors to start or be right next to it when it happens. Not saying thats McKnight, but the rumor around the team was he didnt care and thats why he never lived up to his hype.

It did not bother Rex, who seems to have a different take right now.

Because he has scored two Td's in two weeks and Mcnight was seen unrolling a sleeping bag in the 3rd quarter of the Miami game

There is nothing BUT ammunition to like Woodhead more than Mcsucks right now.

This has everything to do with what the Jets and Pats each have at the RB position, and nothing to do with the respective talents of McKnight and Woodhead.

If you hate Woodhead producing for the Pats, imagine how you'd feel about the fourth round pick we traded up for and then quit on prematurely producing for NE. I bet it would feel a lot worse.

I am sure the JETS organization follow players more thoroughly than you and me or any alum in the world.

And rumors have a way of getting a life of their own!

The JETS recruited him, drafted him and now have him on the active roster.

That's more telling than any alum!

There were a couple of other guys around that spot that I really liked and would have prefer. Plus I heard a ton of rumors about the guy from a work colleague who's a USC alumni who said he was just a total moron and didnt give a **** about Football. I hate guys like that.

I guess you could make a case for Norwood in that spot, but by definition there's something wrong with every 4th-rounder.

I am sure the JETS organization follow players more thoroughly than you and me or any alum in the world.

And rumors have a way of getting a life of their own!

The JETS recruited him, drafted him and now have him on the active roster.

That's more telling than any alum!

Team make mistakes all the time. There is a reason he's that talented and was drafted in the 4th.

I guess you could make a case for Norwood in that spot, but by definition there's something wrong with every 4th-rounder.

I like Norwood, EJ Wilson and Al Woods...but who knows...like you said it was the 4th round. I really liked Norwood though.

Of course your right Coach. It’s just that Woodhead was a fan favorite. If he had gone to Seattle, or Atlanta everyone would be happy for him. He went to the Pats, and is contributing.

So far McKnight has only contributed to the “Who’s going to clean up that mess” people.

It’s going to be hard to hate him as a Pat. Just Sucks

true, but and don't hate me. I'm a welker fan. except against us though. I just like guys that are 5 foot nothing, a 100 and nothing, and without a lick of athletic ability and make it.

Team make mistakes all the time. There is a reason he's that talented and was drafted in the 4th.

He's an undersized running back. That alone could explain it...but you're right he did have his knocks....probably more unwarranted than not considering age...I always hate the idea that most of these kids coming out of college have a small character knock that becomes huge amongst fans because the information that he's got character problems seems so significant when you consider how little information we actually have on these guys.

Considering how the Jets have emphasized character and versatility over the past 4-5 drafts....McKnight's character problems were probably overstated.

Also...as he's a running back on a team that should have a good OL for the next 4-5 years easy...I think he'll be alright. He's got way more upside than Woodhead...and we don't *need* a Woodhead type in 2010.

Woodhead is nowhere near in the same category as Wayne Chrebet.

A gutsy, small, white, unheralded small-school underdog fighting his way onto a roster without being drafted and finding himself a career in the national football league when guys with twice the speed, size and talent have fallen by the wayside. I'd say they are in the same category.

A gutsy, small, white, unheralded small-school underdog fighting his way onto a roster without being drafted and finding himself a career in the national football league when guys with twice the speed, size and talent have fallen by the wayside. I'd say they are in the same category.

When it comes to small schools, Chadron State is nothing like Hofstra, who also produced Marques Colston. Chrebet was a solid starter for many years. Woodhead is just a feel-good special teams Rudy story. I don't think they're in the same category.

When it comes to small schools, Chadron State is nothing like Hofstra, who also produced Marques Colston. Chrebet was a solid starter for many years. Woodhead is just a feel-good special teams Rudy story. I don't think they're in the same category.

Two TD's in as many games. He plays RB WR and ST's. I'd hardly call him Rudy. Is he a Wayne Chrebet? No. But as far as categorizing--I guess you and I have different criteria.

Two TD's in as many games. He plays RB WR and ST's. I'd hardly call him Rudy. Is he a Wayne Chrebet? No. But as far as categorizing--I guess you and I have different criteria.

How can you put him in the Wayne Chrebet category after 2 games?

Is the criteria small and white with at least 2 TD's in the NFL?

You may have to add brett favre's c0ck to that list.

Archived