The Walking Dead

SenorGato

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Literally, the first thing I thought when she left was...she's by herself, she's going to have to kill even more now to survive.  At least at Alexandria she could hang up the cleats, so to speak, and let everyone else kill while she played house wife.  The whole episode was weird and just an insane exercise of stupidity. 

I think the most interesting dilemma was the full circle, Daryl didnt kill Dwight, Dwight possibly/probably killing Daryl showing that you dont take chances and kill.  Meanwhile, Morgan gives an example of saving a Wolves who saved Denise. It's good build up stuff.

Is it too soon to predict that Morgan + Carol are the hero's in the Alexandria vs. Saviors conflict? 

Morgan's logic was a little flawed , he claims Carl is alive cuz he saved the wolf who saved Denise , but Denise only needed saving cuz the wolf who should have been dead kidnapped her lol , but I did like Morgan and Rick burying the hatchet 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earlier in the season I thought Daryl was done for.  I don't think so anymore.  It just seems too obvious.  I'm sure he is the one that was shot by Dwight but it's going to be something fairly insignificant.  Either that or it's going to be something stupid like a walker that somehow silently walked up to the two of them.  I'm beginning to think that it's going to be Carol that gets the bat treatment.  She didn't kill the one savior.  I think he'll get back to Negan and tell him how she killed their whole group.  Maybe she saves the day one more time before being captured and introduced to Lucille.  

9 hours ago, Alk said:

Earlier in the season I thought Daryl was done for.  I don't think so anymore.  It just seems too obvious.  I'm sure he is the one that was shot by Dwight but it's going to be something fairly insignificant.  Either that or it's going to be something stupid like a walker that somehow silently walked up to the two of them.  I'm beginning to think that it's going to be Carol that gets the bat treatment.  She didn't kill the one savior.  I think he'll get back to Negan and tell him how she killed their whole group.  Maybe she saves the day one more time before being captured and introduced to Lucille.  

He is definitely one of the ones in the on-deck circle.

IMHO Glenn, Carol, Abraham and Daryl are definitely in line to be clubbed or die leading up to it.  I think there will be a two-fer in the final episode whether by Negan's bat or not remains to be seen.  My SWAG is Glenn and Abraham. 

***** SPOILERS *****

Worst episode of the season.

1 hour and 15 minutes of driving an RV to road blocks and the same 4 commercials over-and-over... for what? So we can not even see the kill scene.

Lamest episode of this show in a long while... and now listening to this jerkoff Chris Hardwick try to do his geek fanboy fap over it... ******* lame.

This was a copout, I'm actually less interested in next season because of it.

Dumb.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

***** SPOILERS *****

1 hour and 15 minutes of driving an RV to road blocks and the same 4 commercials over-and-over... for what? So we can not even see the kill scene.

Lamest episode of this show in a long while... and now listening to this jerkoff Chris Hardwick try to do his geek fanboy fap over it... ******* lame.

Dumb.

Yeah, you beat me to it... my thoughts exactly.  Quite literally the only that was even slightly noteworthy throughout the entire rest of the episode prior to the last 15 minutes was Morgan popping some caps.  Most of it was a rather pointless waste of time, and after a few minutes into that final scene, I already knew that they weren't going to show who ended up getting killed.  That excuse given for why that wasn't revelead was such a complete load of crap, as the reasoning was quite obviously nothing more than an attempt at a ratings grab for next season.  It's ridiculous that they made it 1 1/2 hrs when they still wound have needed more to make it an interesting 1/2 hour.

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

***** SPOILERS *****

Dumb.

Completely agree, what a joke , I'm absolutely disgusted that they did that to the audience ..and your dead on about Hardwick, I feel like I'm watching a politician in the spin room after his candidate got his clock cleaned in a debate 

And to top it off I think Lincoln was awful , he's usually good but great actors can carry scenes without talking , the whole time Negan was talking Lincoln should've been knocking it out of the park with his expressions but he was terrible 

And maybe as time goes on Jeffry Dean Morgan will shine but I was unimpressed with him also , ...as usual mellissa mcbride and lennie James carried the episode....sorry for the rant but I'm pissed 

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, you beat me to it... my thoughts exactly.  Quite literally the only that was even slightly noteworthy throughout the entire rest of the episode prior to the last 15 minutes was Morgan popping some caps.  Most of it was a rather pointless waste of time, and after a few minutes into that final scene, I already knew that they weren't going to show who ended up getting killed.  That excuse given for why that wasn't revelead was such a complete load of crap, as the reasoning was quite obviously nothing more than an attempt at a ratings grab for next season.  It's ridiculous that they made it 1 1/2 hrs when they still wound have needed more to make it an interesting 1/2 hour.

Agreed. Morgan killing for Carol (which effectively proves Carol's "if you care for people, you have to kill for them" philosophy right). Otherwise, this episode was sh*t. They've already given Eugene like 5-6 episodes in which he's tried to prove his worth, we get it.

Tired of watching Glenn and Maggie whelp. Tired of watching Rick dictating everyone's fate, only to end up making that sweaty, testicular tortion expression when someone bigger and badder inevitably gets the upper hand. I did think it was interesting that his a$$hole kid tried to do the same thing to Enid, deciding her fate for her.

I hate what they're doing to Carol, and don't find it believable that she went from cold-blooded to basket case. I do like what they've done to make the Priest tolerable.

1 minute ago, Jolot said:

Completely agree, what a joke , I'm absolutely disgusted that they did that to the audience ..and your dead on about Hardwick, I feel like I'm watching a politician in the spin room after his candidate got his clock cleaned in a debate 

Yup.

At this point, I actually enjoy Fear more. The story is young, so it hasn't been stretched out to hide its emptiness, and the character acting is really strong. I feel like with Fear they get the chance to avoid some of the pitfalls they had with TWD in early seasons.

I'm just "bothered" by how much of a hack job was tonight. I stopped watching Lost for reasons like this.

4 minutes ago, Jolot said:

And to top it off I think Lincoln was awful , he's usually good but great actors can carry scenes without talking , the whole time Negan was talking Lincoln should've been knocking it out of the park with his expressions but he was terrible 

Agreed. See: testicular tortion expression comments

1 minute ago, Jolot said:

Oh and as far as who died ? I'm so pissed I could give a s##t....but I think it's blatantly obvious it was Abraham 

The cliffhanger actually makes me care less, and really fails to capitalize on peaked interest for viewers.

This whole season built towards it... the smart thing to do is to deliver when interest is highest.

You don't get all hot and heavy, start banging, and then climb off of each other without finishing with a happy, mutual agreement that it'd be better to "finish" next date night. 

Stupid.

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

***** SPOILERS *****

Dumb.

Agreed. That was horsehit. Just an artificial way to build hype for next season. Scott Gimple's explanation of "what you saw was the end of this story and seeing who it was next season will be the start of a new story" was just PR verbal diarrhea. Gross.

I almost quit watching last season because of how stupid the handling of the story was, and how much bullsh*t stalling they did... then this season got awesome, it's really disappointing that they reverted back to last season's nonsense.

15 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Yeah, Hardwick is married to AMC. I wish he'd stand up to them like Frank Darabont did, but then he'd probably be fired, too.

11 minutes ago, Jolot said:

And maybe as time goes on Jeffry Dean Morgan will shine but I was unimpressed with him also , ...as usual mellissa mcbride and lennie James carried the episode....sorry for the rant but I'm pissed 

Seeing Lennie ride that horse was an obvious throwback to the first episode. Made me start thinking, "Hmmm, maybe they should kill of Rick and let Morgan be the front runner". I'd still watch. I love me some Lennie James.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The cliffhanger actually makes me care less, and really fails to capitalize on peaked interest for viewers.

This whole season built towards it... the smart thing to do is to deliver when interest is highest.

You don't get all hot and heavy, start banging, and then climb off of each other without finishing with a happy, mutual agreement that it'd be better to "finish" next date night. 

Stupid.

TWD just busted it's nut in a cup and let everyone know that if they really want the money shot, they can come back for the cup later this year.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Seeing Lennie ride that horse was an obvious throwback to the first episode. Made me start thinking, "Hmmm, maybe they should kill of Rick and let Morgan be the front runner". I'd still watch. I love me some Lennie James.

Lennie James is phenomenal , Snatch is one of the best movies ever made that nobody talks about.....and Morgan in real life would be 10 times the leader that Rick is 

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

At this point, I actually enjoy Fear more. The story is young, so it hasn't been stretched out to hide its emptiness, and the character acting is really strong. I feel like with Fear they get the chance to avoid some of the pitfalls they had with TWD in early seasons.

I'm just "bothered" by how much of a hack job was tonight. I stopped watching Lost for reasons like this.

I don't think Fear is going to have half the shelf-life as TWD. The first season was fun--especially the first few episodes--because we got to see a whole new side to the plot, as in how it went down in the beginning. After that, I think it'll get old pretty fast without bringing anything new to the table. We'll see.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

TWD just busted it's nut in a cup and let everyone know that if they really want the money shot, they can come back for the cup later this year.

lol

Honestly, I think _______ just died, and the group has been pwned by Negan... how do they get revenged? That's the cliffhanger that gets buzz over the summer, and gets people hyping the next season.

The path they've chosen is... who dies? Well, having that be the "hook" for next year is so, so limited. It's basically a flat question that nobody is going to really do anyting but ask "who dies?" about. My prior suggestion leaves room for fans to theorize all sorts of angles for the show, but instead, it's just "who dies". Whoop dee doo... unimaginative discussions commence for the next 6 months.

15 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Oh and as far as who died ? I'm so pissed I could give a s##t....but I think it's blatantly obvious it was Abraham 

That's what I was thinking.

"Oh, taking it like a champ!" Or whatever Negan said. Abraham would be the most likely to do so. Plus, during his conversation with Sasha, I was staring out the driver's window, waiting to see someone up on the hill, and a bullet go through his skull. That's how much it sounded like his time is up.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I almost quit watching last season because of how stupid the handling of the story was, and how much bullsh*t stalling they did... then this season got awesome, it's really disappointing that they reverted back to last season's nonsense.

I maintain that the show has never been as good as season 1 since Frank Darabont was fired.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

"Oh, taking it like a champ!" Or whatever Negan said. Abraham would be the most likely to do so. Plus, during his conversation with Sasha, I was staring out the driver's window, waiting to see someone up on the hill, and a bullet go through his skull. That's how much it sounded like his time is up.

eh, is there anyone in that group that wouldn't "take it like a champ"?

twitter is all "zomg!!! I think it was _______ hashtag hashtag"

people never cease to disappoint me... the reason this show gets away with lame sh*t like this, like LOST did, is because the viewers are unsophisticated dopes that will accept sh*t on a platter as long as you tell them it's cool sh*t.

6 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Lennie James is phenomenal , Snatch is one of the best movies ever made that nobody talks about.....and Morgan in real life would be 10 times the leader that Rick is 

I've never seen Snatch, but it's now on my watch-list. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yea the conversation with Sasha signed his death warrant, and Glenn was kindve off to the side in the scene ....it 100% was Abraham ...those idiots couldn't even get the cliffhanger right , there's no mystery ...Abraham got killed they at least could've shown it and closed the season right .

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

lol

Honestly, I think _______ just died, and the group has been pwned by Negan... how do they get revenged? That's the cliffhanger that gets buzz over the summer, and gets people hyping the next season.

The path they've chosen is... who dies? Well, having that be the "hook" for next year is so, so limited. It's basically a flat question that nobody is going to really do anyting but ask "who dies?" about. My prior suggestion leaves room for fans to theorize all sorts of angles for the show, but instead, it's just "who dies". Whoop dee doo... unimaginative discussions commence for the next 6 months.

Yeah, while they obviously don't see it that way, I think this makes it even easier to bail on the show for whoever wants.  Out of pure curiosity, you could do a quick check to see who died, but at that point, what would your reaction be for anyone other than "oh ok"?  Even for those fans who are still going to be super into the show, can anyone honestly say that come from months now, there's a single character they would be at all surprised by being killed off?  Maybe Rick, but that's about it.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, while they obviously don't see it that way, I think this makes it even easier to bail on the show for whoever wants.  Out of pure curiosity, you could do a quick check to see who died, but at that point, what would your reaction be for anyone other than "oh ok"?  Even for those fans who are still going to be super into the show, can anyone honestly say that come from months now, there's a single character they would be at all surprised by being killed off?  Maybe Rick, but that's about it.

Totally with you on this.

I actually hope it's Rick. I think the longer his character is alive, the more it forces the writing into redundancy and lame sh*t like this.

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I've never seen Snatch, but it's now on my watch-list. Thank you.

Seriously ? Geez you gotta watch that movie , amazing start to finish .. James is actually a minor role but he's awesome ....Brad Pitts best work other than 12 Monkeys 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

eh, is there anyone in that group that wouldn't "take it like a champ"?

twitter is all "zomg!!! I think it was _______ hashtag hashtag"

people never cease to disappoint me... the reason this show gets away with lame sh*t like this, like LOST did, is because the viewers are unsophisticated dopes that will accept sh*t on a platter as long as you tell them it's cool sh*t.

I was going off their emotional countenance in the moment. Eugene was a bitch; ditto Glenn cause he was scared for Maggie; and Darryl looked emo. Abraham, Michonne, and Carl were the only ones--to me--who looked pissed. They aren't killing Carl yet. That's just how I'm reading it. Though, I do know who died in the comics.

Perhaps I'm reading into it too much and giving the writers too much credit, thought Kirkman did say there were hints in there.

5 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Yea the conversation with Sasha signed his death warrant, and Glenn was kindve off to the side in the scene ....it 100% was Abraham ...those idiots couldn't even get the cliffhanger right , there's no mystery ...Abraham got killed they at least could've shown it and closed the season right .

Yeah, outside of the "original cast" (Rick, Carl, Darryl, Glenn, Maggie, Michonne) Abraham is probably the most popular and will affect the audience the most. They seriously are scared of killing off one of the main, popular characters. They love killing secondary characters. Pussy writing. Honestly, it should've been Glenn or Darryl.

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I was going off their emotional countenance in the moment. Eugene was a bitch; ditto Glenn cause he was scared for Maggie; and Darryl looked emo. Abraham, Michonne, and Carl were the only ones--to me--who looked pissed. They aren't killing Carl yet. That's just how I'm reading it. Though, I do know who died in the comics.

Perhaps I'm reading into it too much and giving the writers too much credit, thought Kirkman did say there were hints in there.

Euguene has spent the better part of this season trying to prove he's a man.

Glenn wouldn't just lie down. He's fought through everything else. 

Rick would fight. Daryl too. Michone too. Abraham would rise up. Sasha would be defiant. Even Aaron would probably get back up after the first hit... I personally think it's a null clue.

Here is who it isn't: it is not Maggie, because they're not clubbing a pregnant woman to death - it's not Carl, because Negan said if anyone moves cut his other eye out, which implies he's not being clubbed.

Archived