The Walking Dead

SenorGato

58 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Also, going to need some backstory on Negan.  Not sure there is anything about him at this point, that if I were one of his people who was unhappy, I wouldn't shoot him in the face quickly.  Because he carries a bat with barbed wire?

Also, why didn't they travel with the stupid RPG?  Didn't they have more ammo?  Should have just blown the last roadblock up.

I was really thinking the same thing repeatedly throughout the episode.  There were at least 4 different times that they could have just blown some sh*t up and moved right along.  But I guess that would have made things less "exciting" (and I use that word very loosely).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Fishooked said:

The most annoying thing about this is that the show is popular enough where doesn't need a gimmicky cliffhanger to get people to tune into next season. People are going to anyway.

And when the season does return, if they really want it to have some impact, I want it to be as brutal and horrific as it was in the comics. The show does not shy away from its fair share of gore and disgusting things, so let's hope they do the scene justice when it resumes. 

During Talking Dead, the writers inferred episode 1 sets up entire season and they will not disappoint fans, expect a graphic display of beating

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

I was really thinking the same thing repeatedly throughout the episode.  There were at least 4 different times that they could have just blown some sh*t up and moved right along.  But I guess that would have made things less "exciting" (and I use that word very loosely).

this was not an attack mission, it was to get Maggie to Hillside. They were expecting an attack so i am sure the RPG is back at camp

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

I think it is Glenn also.

I think the episode was a solid C.  The over and over end arounds by Rick's group tried should have stopped after the second road block.    I do not have a problem with the fade to black.  I read an article that speculated that was how it would end and it made sense then as it does now.  How many thoughts have been wasted on it whether speculating on who it is or how it ended in the 10 hours and 15 minutes since it ended?  This thread is three pages longer by my settings.  By next October this thread will probably be about 20 pages longer and there will be 10K new videos on YouTube about it.  It sucks, but it is a smart move.  sh*t people still talk about the Sopranos ending and that ended the series.

I think the show stays relatively in step with the comic and kills off Glen.  I think the Eugene and Abraham moments were just misdirection's to fool the audience.  Killing Rick or Maggie would be a clear break from the comic.  It could happen, but doubtful.

Yeah, the problem is when so much of the talk of what a pile of crap it is, the volume of posts about the show is not really a good thing.  I'm sure there are plenty of people really mulling over who it can be, but forgetting even just this thread, it seems there is a pretty decent volume of people who were annoyed enough to not even give a crap anymore.

35 minutes ago, afosomf said:

this was not an attack mission, it was to get Maggie to Hillside. They were expecting an attack so i am sure the RPG is back at camp

Hilltop, yes. If they are going to be following the comic storyline somewhat then it's imperative that they get her there. 

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

***** SPOILERS *****

Worst episode of the season.

1 hour and 15 minutes of driving an RV to road blocks and the same 4 commercials over-and-over... for what? So we can not even see the kill scene.

Lamest episode of this show in a long while... and now listening to this jerkoff Chris Hardwick try to do his geek fanboy fap over it... ******* lame.

This was a copout, I'm actually less interested in next season because of it.

Dumb.

Couldn't agree more.  The whole RV in circles thing was fine, to me, because it was building up the suspense -- showing that they're cornered and that doom is inevitable.  If we know who died last night all of us are probably saying this is the best season beginning to end of the show (at least a significant portion).  But since they didn't...I feel cheated of an hour and a half and to a certain degree, the whole season.   

The cliffhanger actually makes me care less, and really fails to capitalize on peaked interest for viewers.

This whole season built towards it... the smart thing to do is to deliver when interest is highest.

You don't get all hot and heavy, start banging, and then climb off of each other without finishing with a happy, mutual agreement that it'd be better to "finish" next date night. 

Stupid.

Yep.  I could +1 all the other thoughts here, but suffice to say I basically agree with all of them.

12 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I maintain that the show has never been as good as season 1 since Frank Darabont was fired.

Somewhat disagree.  Prior to this episode (and definitely prior to the last two episodes) this season was, IMHO, the best yet.  Fantastic, compelling television.  Having seen the last two episodes, however...I would now agree with you.

Euguene has spent the better part of this season trying to prove he's a man.

Glenn wouldn't just lie down. He's fought through everything else. 

Rick would fight. Daryl too. Michone too. Abraham would rise up. Sasha would be defiant. Even Aaron would probably get back up after the first hit... I personally think it's a null clue.

Here is who it isn't: it is not Maggie, because they're not clubbing a pregnant woman to death - it's not Carl, because Negan said if anyone moves cut his other eye out, which implies he's not being clubbed.

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

Same reason it's not Rick... Because they said he'd cut his eye out and feed it to his father.

It's Glenn.

Crap episode.

Ninja'd.  Yeah, Negan said if anyone moved to cut the kids other eye out and feed it to his daddy.  Or something along those lines.

I will say, hearing that there were clues the biggest things I took away from that was that clearly it's not Carl or Rick and I think it's either Abraham or Glenn.  There was a distinct female scream after the first shot (which tbh, I thought was a pretty cool shot) -- so either Maggie screaming for Glenn or Sasha (seems unlikely, though) screaming for Abraham.  Clearly it could have been Michonne or someone and still have the scream...but that was my take from the notion that there are hints.

I can't decide if I should read in to not seeing the RV in the background when Negan is swinging Lucile.  If that's supposed to be the hint, obviously it's Glenn -- he was the only one not really in a straight line (another reason I think it's Glenn -- he stood out).  That seems too easy, though.

Just really, really disappointed.  If all they added was another couple of minutes with the rest of the group getting up and one by one getting in to the car until there's one person that doesn't show up...and it pans out to something to confirm that ________ is dead...fantastic episode.  And the suspense of each group member one by one piling into the RV would be phenomenal.  Have some sad music, people crying and walking in the RV with time slightly slowed down...DAMNIT THIS IS WHAT WE DESERVED lol

45 minutes ago, AVM said:

Couldn't agree more.  The whole RV in circles thing was fine, to me, because it was building up the suspense -- showing that they're cornered and that doom is inevitable.  If we know who died last night all of us are probably saying this is the best season beginning to end of the show (at least a significant portion).  But since they didn't...I feel cheated of an hour and a half and to a certain degree, the whole season.

That's a fair point.  I definitely felt like the episode was overall a complete waste of time, especially for how long it was, but I think you're right that, if finished properly it could have paid off as being worth it with a slow build.  Instead it was a painfully slow build to... nothing.  Pretty much the only noteworthy thing to come from the episode was what Morgan did.  And I guess you could count simply meeting Negan, but it's not like that wasn't well known to be happening long before the episode even started.

13 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

That's a fair point.  I definitely felt like the episode was overall a complete waste of time, especially for how long it was, but I think you're right that, if finished properly it could have paid off as being worth it with a slow build.  Instead it was a painfully slow build to... nothing.  Pretty much the only noteworthy thing to come from the episode was what Morgan did.  And I guess you could count simply meeting Negan, but it's not like that wasn't well known to be happening long before the episode even started.

Agreed.  I would say not just what Morgan did but also the new guys popping up in the body armor.  That grabbed my interest as well.

I saw at least one person say they weren't impressed with Jeffrey Dean Morgan, but I actually liked his acting perfectly fine.  Again, I feel like everything would be viewed differently if this wasn't drug out unnecessarily.  Except for Rick-face.  That...ugh.

27 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I imagine meeting Negan was more exciting for comic book fans.  To me, he seemed like a doofus who's lucky to have made it a couple of weeks, let alone built an army.  The governor, he seemed to command respect.  Rick commanded respect.  Negan seems like an ass who someone would have popped along the way.

13 minutes ago, AVM said:

Agreed.  I would say not just what Morgan did but also the new guys popping up in the body armor.  That grabbed my interest as well.

I saw at least one person say they weren't impressed with Jeffrey Dean Morgan, but I actually liked his acting perfectly fine.  Again, I feel like everything would be viewed differently if this wasn't drug out unnecessarily.  Except for Rick-face.  That...ugh.

I was interested in the body armor thing too, because, I've always said that my first goal would have been to build a lightweight body armour suit if I survived a few days.  I'd go right for a sporting goods store and build a combination of hockey/bmx stuff that was pretty bite resistant.

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, the problem is when so much of the talk of what a pile of crap it is, the volume of posts about the show is not really a good thing.  I'm sure there are plenty of people really mulling over who it can be, but forgetting even just this thread, it seems there is a pretty decent volume of people who were annoyed enough to not even give a crap anymore.

It works for the NFL.  :)

The Onion did an episode recap and in it they inferred that the writers kind of painted themselves into a corner by letting known that Negan was going to appear in the last episode most likely the last scene.  Everything between Daryl/Abraham encounter with, the Saviors being formally introduced at the Hilltop and Negan's appearance did not allow character arcs to be explored. 

Instead we were fed the Carol storyline (gun in mouth), last week's everyone rush out the gate for (insert inane reason), Eugene's balls finally dropping, etc.

I have a theory that the show suffers when is strays to far from the comic.  I hope they kill Glenn because I do not want to see a reconfigured storyline.

10 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I imagine meeting Negan was more exciting for comic book fans.  To me, he seemed like a doofus who's lucky to have made it a couple of weeks, let alone built an army.  The governor, he seemed to command respect.  Rick commanded respect.  Negan seems like an ass who someone would have popped along the way.

Fair point

11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

He wasnt the actor I had in mind for the role, but he definitely did not disappoint. He does make the Governor a choirboy by comparison. 

The goal of this episode IMO was to set up season 7 first episode, the confidence of Rick, Carl, Abraham was built up to a crescendo only to come crashing down to earth to a point where they were all crying like babies. I had no issue with epi, epi 1 of season 7 will be epic

Man, talk about a bunch of instant gratification mofos.  Lol  I liked the episode and don't have much problem waiting until October to find out who got their brains splattered.  I have plenty of shows to occupy my time until then.  I was happy to see Morgan finally come around.  The Alexandria group seems heavily outnumbered.  I wonder if the two guys that Morgan ran into are part of a much bigger group that they will eventually join forces with.  For you Grand Theft Auto fans, did any of you catch that the tall Savior leader was the voice of Trevor?  I hope they keep him around for a while.  He seems like he'd be a good character.  As far as who died, I'm going to guess it's going to Abraham with Glenn a close second.  The way Abraham kinda bowed up when Negan walked past him pretty much decided his fate.  I think they're going to keep Daryl around at least long enough to kill Dwight.  I can't wait to see what they do after this whole mess.  Do they go home with their tails between their legs or do they carry on to the Hilltop to take care of Maggie?  More importantly, will Negan even let them?  

13 minutes ago, Alk said:

Man, talk about a bunch of instant gratification mofos.  Lol  I liked the episode and don't have much problem waiting until October to find out who got their brains splattered.  I have plenty of shows to occupy my time until then.  I was happy to see Morgan finally come around.  The Alexandria group seems heavily outnumbered.  I wonder if the two guys that Morgan ran into are part of a much bigger group that they will eventually join forces with.  For you Grand Theft Auto fans, did any of you catch that the tall Savior leader was the voice of Trevor?  I hope they keep him around for a while.  He seems like he'd be a good character.  As far as who died, I'm going to guess it's going to Abraham with Glenn a close second.  The way Abraham kinda bowed up when Negan walked past him pretty much decided his fate.  I think they're going to keep Daryl around at least long enough to kill Dwight.  I can't wait to see what they do after this whole mess.  Do they go home with their tails between their legs or do they carry on to the Hilltop to take care of Maggie?  More importantly, will Negan even let them?  

it's pretty safe to say that Rick was pretty much overwhelmed with all of their numbers. I heard a lot of people complaining about Rick's facial expression during the whole thing, but I thought it was pretty accurate. A combination of being completely overwhelmed with the realization there was no effing way they were getting out of this situation, absolutely none.

I didn't realize that was Trevor until this morning....friggin guy looks just like him too...hysterical. I hope he sticks around too. 

I thought the guys Morgan ran into were from Hilltop, but I dont recall anyone there wearing body armor...then again Rick did find one of their spears near where the guy lost his horse from the previous espisode. 

1 minute ago, Fishooked said:

it's pretty safe to say that Rick was pretty much overwhelmed with all of their numbers. I heard a lot of people complaining about Rick's facial expression during the whole thing, but I thought it was pretty accurate. A combination of being completely overwhelmed with the realization there was no effing way they were getting out of this situation, absolutely none.

I didn't realize that was Trevor until this morning....friggin guy looks just like him too...hysterical. I hope he sticks around too. 

I thought the guys Morgan ran into were from Hilltop, but I dont recall anyone there wearing body armor...then again Rick did find one of their spears near where the guy lost his horse from the previous espisode. 

Yeah, it's funny you say that because I hadn't picked up on it at all, but then as soon as I read that post I immediately thought "holy crap, he looks just like him!"

1 hour ago, AVM said:

Yeah, good point about the guys in body armor, but considering that's about 5 seconds after Morgan did some killing, that doesn't really help the episode too much.  In the end, it seems a little odd that the side storyline that mostly seemed to be there to just to fill in the gaps between the others scenes had more to it than the actual main one.

Agree about Jeffrey Dean Morgan... I thought he did just fine given what he had to work with.  It was a solo scene for 10-15 minutes, that was an introduction while attempting to make up for leaving out the one part everyone was actually waiting for.  I can understand not being happy with the scene, or even questioning the premise of the character (for reasons like EY mentioned), but I've got no hate on him at all for that.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

This is why I was a little disappointed as well, I stated it above I wasn't blown away by Jeffry Dean Morgan yet....the Matt Dillon something about Mary teeth don't scare me....I did read the comics and expected more, I wasn't as impressed with the Negan intro as a lot of the other posters , maybe my expectations were too high, I still have hope .

6 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

I think it is Glenn also.

I think the episode was a solid C.  The over and over end arounds by Rick's group tried should have stopped after the second road block.    I do not have a problem with the fade to black.  I read an article that speculated that was how it would end and it made sense then as it does now.  How many thoughts have been wasted on it whether speculating on who it is or how it ended in the 10 hours and 15 minutes since it ended?  This thread is three pages longer by my settings.  By next October this thread will probably be about 20 pages longer and there will be 10K new videos on YouTube about it.  It sucks, but it is a smart move.  sh*t people still talk about the Sopranos ending and that ended the series.

I think the show stays relatively in step with the comic and kills off Glen.  I think the Eugene and Abraham moments were just misdirection's to fool the audience.  Killing Rick or Maggie would be a clear break from the comic.  It could happen, but doubtful.

Yeah I didn't mind the episode, I thought it was good.

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

Pretty gay of me to admit this but here goes lol...I like the actor, saw him on the good wife this year. Thought he was a good actor so I was excited he got the part.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Pretty gay of me to admit this but here goes lol...I like the actor, saw him on the good wife this year. Thought he was a good actor so I was excited he got the part.

That's not gay this is gay...I recognized him from Greys Anatomy ....my wife's favorite show of course :) 

10 hours ago, gEYno said:

Also, going to need some backstory on Negan.  Not sure there is anything about him at this point, that if I were one of his people who was unhappy, I wouldn't shoot him in the face quickly.  Because he carries a bat with barbed wire?

Also, why didn't they travel with the stupid RPG?  Didn't they have more ammo?  Should have just blown the last roadblock up.

Or in an RV.

21 hours ago, Jolot said:

Lennie James is phenomenal , Snatch is one of the best movies ever made that nobody talks about.....and Morgan in real life would be 10 times the leader that Rick is 

21 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I've never seen Snatch, but it's now on my watch-list. Thank you.

Snatch is one of my favorites.  All around good movie.  My favorite Brad Pitt role.

21 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Ugh... **** these guys, they just referenced LOST... which is exactly what I referenced as the dumb sh*t that makes you stop watching. 

Lame over-selling of their 'artistic choices'. 

The hatch reference for lost was also the 1st season cliffhanger.  It opened a whole new world for the show.  Lost went off the rails when the Ben turned the wagon wheel.

11 hours ago, gEYno said:

You know, these ****ers could literally begin next season in a flashback for Negan that does his entire back-story for 15 episodes, and then brings us to current in episode 16 of NEXT season where we seen the other camera angle on the bat-bash and find out finally who he kills.

I should be a writer for this show. LOL

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You know, these ****ers could literally begin next season in a flashback for Negan that does his entire back-story for 15 episodes, and then brings us to current in episode 16 of NEXT season where we seen the other camera angle on the bat-bash and find out finally who he kills.

Hahaha...yes!

Seriously though, no way we find out who it is until the end of episode one at best. But they'll still feed us the "end of a story" bs

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I would actually dig that! I need a new storyline for awhile. Rick and the crew escaping death "time after time after time](*,) is getting a little old.

Need a new "Hardass" to delve into his psyche. Season 6 started off with such a kick in the nuts.... fissled out at the end.

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Actually I don't necessarily think that is a bad idea. They never really went through the whole back story of the Governor (which was quite good, in the Governor series books), so I could see them doing something like this. Negan is a far more interesting character already (imo), and they never really did explore his rise to power in the comics. 

Archived