New York Knicks' Season Opener Game Thread...and on

BroadwayJoe12

What Seed Will the Knicks Get?? (I say 6th)  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What Seed Will The Knicks Get?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well when your able to hold back the laughter, take a gander at the upcoming schedule, we'll find out who the Knicks are sooner than later.

Oh, oh, check this one out too:

The knicks are such a horrible organziation..you guys trade the one identifyable piece of your franchise away. 21ppg. 12 rpg and would've cost you way less than Amare.

You were, by far, the biggest d-bag ever this offseason. Yet, you're actually a fairly reasonable dude, and I know that somewhere, deep down inside, you know this. Don't think you haven't earned some ball busting.

i do admit amongst the signing of the Lebron and Co. i was a little off the wall. The Knicks look they have some nice pieces now. Like Felton and Amare,and the Fields kid is getting all kinds of praise. Although i still like Bosh, i think Amare's phyiscality down low would've been the perfect fit with Lebron and Wade.

AMARE IS GOD.

This was one of the loudest games that I've heard at the garden in a while in that 4th quarter. STAT is the 4th quarter, he's average something like 8 points in the 4th which is 2nd in the league. I don't care what anyone says, AMARE is playing like an MVP right now. I think it's a ridiculous assumption that he has to have 50+ wins to play like an MVP, if he's the best player and most valuable to his team, he should win.

Regardless, I am very excited to see Melo and the nuggets come to the garden to show him exactly how it can roar. Speaking of melo, I do not want to blow this team up to trade for him; furthermore, i do not want to lose fields by any means, he just reminds me of a John Starks type of player.

If we finish our upcoming 10 games at .500 or better, I would love to see how we could finish the season out with our team and let melo make his decision in the offseason when he's free to sign with whomever.

i do admit amongst the signing of the Lebron and Co. i was a little off the wall. The Knicks look they have some nice pieces now. Like Felton and Amare,and the Fields kid is getting all kinds of praise. Although i still like Bosh, i think Amare's phyiscality down low would've been the perfect fit with Lebron and Wade.

Even though the heat are playing at an extremely high level right now, I personally think now that LBJ would have been better off in NY. We have more off-the-ball type of players in Fields, Gallo and Chandler to go along with STAT, Amare and Felton, but that point is moot and just my opinion.

Regardless, I think it's going to be a fun game to watch. The heat are a great defensive team as they have very good perimeter defenders in james, wade and chaulmers, but are week on the interior. As much as I want to win the majority of our games in december, it's not realistic. The key is to play .500 ball against the good teams and beat the bad teams, which is usually the formula for making the playoffs. Cannot wait.

Even though the heat are playing at an extremely high level right now, I personally think now that LBJ would have been better off in NY. We have more off-the-ball type of players in Fields, Gallo and Chandler to go along with STAT, Amare and Felton, but that point is moot and just my opinion.

Regardless, I think it's going to be a fun game to watch. The heat are a great defensive team as they have very good perimeter defenders in james, wade and chaulmers, but are week on the interior. As much as I want to win the majority of our games in december, it's not realistic. The key is to play .500 ball against the good teams and beat the bad teams, which is usually the formula for making the playoffs. Cannot wait.

It's going to be a fun month of basketball. I'll be headed up to NYC for Heat/Knicks. I'm probably going to fall to my knees when i finaly arive at the garden and praise the mecca of basketball. It's been a lifelong dream to go catch a game up there when the Heat and Knicks play and going with my old man, who is a dieshard knicks fan, is gonna make it even better.

This was one of the loudest games that I've heard at the garden in a while in that 4th quarter. STAT is the 4th quarter, he's average something like 8 points in the 4th which is 2nd in the league. I don't care what anyone says, AMARE is playing like an MVP right now. I think it's a ridiculous assumption that he has to have 50+ wins to play like an MVP, if he's the best player and most valuable to his team, he should win.

Regardless, I am very excited to see Melo and the nuggets come to the garden to show him exactly how it can roar. Speaking of melo, I do not want to blow this team up to trade for him; furthermore, i do not want to lose fields by any means, he just reminds me of a John Starks type of player.

If we finish our upcoming 10 games at .500 or better, I would love to see how we could finish the season out with our team and let melo make his decision in the offseason when he's free to sign with whomever.

I think I'd do Gallinari along with Curry's contract for Iggy if Philly's keen on it.

I think I'd do Gallinari along with Curry's contract for Iggy if Philly's keen on it.

Why?

Iggy has an awful contract, is 4 yrs older than Gallo, has the same PER, and is averaging less a game than Gallo but playing more minutes.

I like Iggy as far as a slasher and perimeter defender, but he has absolutely zero outside shot, coupled with the fact that I'm not entirely sure he'd be ok with not being the focal point. Looked like he was pouting a bit when Evan Turner got the last shot during a couple close games instead of him..but who knows. With Buike not coming back and williams our only other fairly consistent outsider shooter (besides felton) I think we need Gallo for spacing and that Will is more likely to be let go, which I hate. Chandler, when he chooses to go to the rim, is one of the best finishers in the game. I'd rather just ride this season out and see where Melo wants to sign.

There's roomers that Portland could be having a firesale should they continue to stagnate; Przybilla is a big body (7'1 260ish) that could be used to body-up the bigger centers that we'll face as well as grab some rebounds and be an intimidator should be look to make a trade before feb.

Why?

Iggy has an awful contract, is 4 yrs older than Gallo, has the same PER, and is averaging less a game than Gallo but playing more minutes.

Yeah, he's shooting terribly this year. I think it's a mental thing with Turner being their go-to for the future like Broadway pointed out. I think if Donnie can extend Felton after this season at something close to his current salary then Iggy's contract doesn't become a killer.

With Buike not coming back and williams our only other fairly consistent outsider shooter (besides felton)

I think Douglas is awesome from the perimeter when healthy, the quad and back injuries have clearly been hampering his J. I also think there's a few moves you can make that still leave things open for Melo if he'd be willing to take slightly below market value, (which isn't that unrealistic considering what he's turning down in Denver).

I'm beginning to fall for this team again.

The Yankees are the stable girl you marry. The Jets are the cute chick you put on layaway in hopes she blossoms. The Knicks are the crazy, hot chick you have an unbelievable love affair with and you break up a whole bunch of times, but you keep coming back to her.

When things are going well at the Garden, the Knicks are the great unifier in NYC. Yankees, Mets fans, Giants, and Jet fans are Knicks fans.

It's not about winning championships. It's about competing, and compelling basketball. When things are good at the Garden, the place sounds like it holds 80,000 rather than 20,000. There's nothing like it. The Dunk, 2004 Conference Clincher, LJ's 4 point play. Electric.

I love this new collection of Knicks. I love the way they play. The All-World superstar, the gritty PG, the do-it-all slasher, the jump shooting big man, and the seasoned rookie. Don't mess it up, Donnie. The Garden will sound electric again with this core.

I swore off the Knicks awhile ago, with the abomination of an owner, and the destroyer of worlds acting as GM and desperate to return. But they keep on bringing me back.

They found a way to do it. They got me in the heart. There's always been something about the Knicks for me and so many others.

We've waited a long time to love a team again. Now, we have a chance.

I gotta say I'm in on this team however they should try to get better. I've never been a Galanari fan, he's the trade bait they should be using.

Better how, though?

I don't see anyone out there worth trading any of their starters for, and, yes, I'm including Melo simply for the fact he'll be a FA next year. Melo is not signing an extension. The longer it goes on the less likely he signs it because he'll be getting closer to being a FA.

Trade other assets for depth and sign Melo next summer.

Better how, though?

I don't see anyone out there worth trading any of their starters for, and, yes, I'm including Melo simply for the fact he'll be a FA next year. Melo is not signing an extension. The longer it goes on the less likely he signs it because he'll be getting closer to being a FA.

Trade other assets for depth and sign Melo next summer.

They need a better rebounder/defender at the 5, a backup PG and more scoring from the 2 and 3. Imagine if they had done the right thing and drafted Brandon Jennings next year. They need a guy like that or Monta Ellis.

They need a better rebounder/defender at the 5, a backup PG and more scoring from the 2 and 3. Imagine if they had done the right thing and drafted Brandon Jennings next year. They need a guy like that or Monta Ellis.

Passing on Jennings was a bad move but that's water under the bridge.

I agree about a better rebounder/defender at 5 and backup PG but that's not worth shooter like Gallo. More scoring from 2 or 3 will come from Melo, but we just should wait on that.

I'm beginning to fall for this team again.

The Yankees are the stable girl you marry. The Jets are the cute chick you put on layaway in hopes she blossoms. The Knicks are the crazy, hot chick you have an unbelievable love affair with and you break up a whole bunch of times, but you keep coming back to her.

When things are going well at the Garden, the Knicks are the great unifier in NYC. Yankees, Mets fans, Giants, and Jet fans are Knicks fans.

It's not about winning championships. It's about competing, and compelling basketball. When things are good at the Garden, the place sounds like it holds 80,000 rather than 20,000. There's nothing like it. The Dunk, 2004 Conference Clincher, LJ's 4 point play. Electric.

I love this new collection of Knicks. I love the way they play. The All-World superstar, the gritty PG, the do-it-all slasher, the jump shooting big man, and the seasoned rookie. Don't mess it up, Donnie. The Garden will sound electric again with this core.

I swore off the Knicks awhile ago, with the abomination of an owner, and the destroyer of worlds acting as GM and desperate to return. But they keep on bringing me back.

They found a way to do it. They got me in the heart. There's always been something about the Knicks for me and so many others.

We've waited a long time to love a team again. Now, we have a chance.

I say this with all the love in my heart for the Jets, but f-ck 'em. Really. **** the Jets. Even yet another December collapse can't bring me down. I stuck with this team, my first love, through so much the past ten years. Through Jerome James and Nazr Mohammaed and Mike Sweetney and Moochie Norris and Vin Baker and Shandon Anderson and Larry ******* Brown...went to the Garden still through all of it like everyone else, stuck with them through everything because you know what the Garden's like when the Knicks are on, and it's finally here. Can't even let SOJ ruin that. No sir. This feels too damn amazing, it's been a long time coming.

I say this with all the love in my heart for the Jets, but f-ck 'em. Really. **** the Jets. Even yet another December collapse can't bring me down. I stuck with this team, my first love, through so much the past ten years. Through Jerome James and Nazr Mohammaed and Mike Sweetney and Moochie Norris and Vin Baker and Shandon Anderson and Larry ******* Brown...went to the Garden still through all of it like everyone else, stuck with them through everything because you know what the Garden's like when the Knicks are on, and it's finally here. Can't even let SOJ ruin that. No sir. This feels too damn amazing, it's been a long time coming.

Great post.

Funny thing is that after today's Knicks win, I wasn't even that mad at the SOJ December collapse against the Fins. The Knicks just made me feel too good.

Great post.

Funny thing is that after today's Knicks win, I wasn't even that mad at the SOJ December collapse against the Fins. The Knicks just made me feel too good.

Ha! Ditto. Was saying the exact same thing actually after the L. We went to a bar on the upper east side straight from the Garden, and I had a smile on my face through that whole debacle. I just can't bring myself to care this time.

Great post.

Ha! Ditto. Was saying the exact same thing actually after the L. We went to a bar on the upper east side straight from the Garden, and I had a smile on my face through that whole debacle. I just can't bring myself to care this time.

There's something about a Knicks' win that just puts me in a special mood that really can't be ruined, even by a jets' loss. There have been a number of articles today printed after the game basically saying melo is pushing to land in NY and that he refuses to sign an extension with anyone but the knicks. Take it for what it's worth, but it's pretty telling. I'm not sure how I feel about it, as blowing up our core when they have won 13 of the last 14 isn't my ideal scenario, but we shall see.

By Chris Sheridan

ESPN.com

NEW YORK -

Quote:

- Carmelo Anthony has told the Denver Nuggets he will not sign the nearly $65 million contract extension he has been offered unless he is traded to the New York Knicks, a source told ESPN.com on Sunday.

The source, using the most definitive language possible, confirmed what has been widely speculated around the NBA over the past two months as Anthony has been at the center of trade talks involving numerous teams.

And while other franchises might be able to make better offers, Anthony will not agree to sign anywhere long-term unless he is dealt to New York, according to the source, who has been privy to private discussions between Anthony, his representatives and the Nuggets organization.

The source spoke to ESPN.com after Denver's 129-125 loss to New York on Sunday afternoon as the Knicks won their eighth straight game.

Anthony was again coy in discussing his future, but he did move the needle somewhat in making a prediction that the Nuggets will not trade him to a destination that is not on his wish list.

"I don't think so. I don't think that will happen," Anthony said.

Asked why he would make such a definitive statement, Anthony demurred "I don't want to answer that. I don't want to talk about that."

Anthony received a standing ovation from Knicks fans during player introductions after hearing their pleadings on the streets ever since the Nuggets arrived in Manhattan late Friday night.

"Everybody's yelling out the windows: 'Melo we need you in New York.' Of course that feels good when you know someone out there wants you to come and represent their team and represent their city. That's what I took from that," Anthony said.

The New Jersey Nets have been holding out hope that their offer of Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy and two No. 1 draft picks would be the best offer available to the Nuggets, but the news that Anthony will not agree to sign with them long-term effectively knocks them out of the bidding.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5912307

There's something about a Knicks' win that just puts me in a special mood that really can't be ruined, even by a jets' loss. There have been a number of articles today printed after the game basically saying melo is pushing to land in NY and that he refuses to sign an extension with anyone but the knicks. Take it for what it's worth, but it's pretty telling. I'm not sure how I feel about it, as blowing up our core when they have won 13 of the last 14 isn't my ideal scenario, but we shall see.

By Chris Sheridan

ESPN.com

NEW YORK -

Quote:

- Carmelo Anthony has told the Denver Nuggets he will not sign the nearly $65 million contract extension he has been offered unless he is traded to the New York Knicks, a source told ESPN.com on Sunday.

The source, using the most definitive language possible, confirmed what has been widely speculated around the NBA over the past two months as Anthony has been at the center of trade talks involving numerous teams.

And while other franchises might be able to make better offers, Anthony will not agree to sign anywhere long-term unless he is dealt to New York, according to the source, who has been privy to private discussions between Anthony, his representatives and the Nuggets organization.

The source spoke to ESPN.com after Denver's 129-125 loss to New York on Sunday afternoon as the Knicks won their eighth straight game.

Anthony was again coy in discussing his future, but he did move the needle somewhat in making a prediction that the Nuggets will not trade him to a destination that is not on his wish list.

"I don't think so. I don't think that will happen," Anthony said.

Asked why he would make such a definitive statement, Anthony demurred "I don't want to answer that. I don't want to talk about that."

Anthony received a standing ovation from Knicks fans during player introductions after hearing their pleadings on the streets ever since the Nuggets arrived in Manhattan late Friday night.

"Everybody's yelling out the windows: 'Melo we need you in New York.' Of course that feels good when you know someone out there wants you to come and represent their team and represent their city. That's what I took from that," Anthony said.

The New Jersey Nets have been holding out hope that their offer of Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy and two No. 1 draft picks would be the best offer available to the Nuggets, but the news that Anthony will not agree to sign with them long-term effectively knocks them out of the bidding.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5912307

Makes sense. MSG showed up in full force for him today. That was a playoff atmosphere almost, and with the show that the Knicks put on they damn sure showed that he'd be the piece they need to compete with the Bostons and Orlandos of the East.

It has been previously reported that Melo's camp is cognizant of the owners' plan to rollback salaries. So even if he signs a $65 million extension, it may only be worth far less than that, perhaps even $40 million. In other words, signing an extension now doesn't protect him from the consequences of a lockout.

So I think we're in a game of chicken now and the longer it last I believe the less likely it is that Melo signs an extension unless he's traded to the Knicks.

The Chicago and Nets stuff sounds like total BS and is being pushed by Denver IMO because Denver likes the Nets package better (and they should). From Melo's standpoint it makes absolutely no sense to sign an extension if traded to the Nets. Seriously. They're 6-18 and 2-3 years removed from going to Bklyn. There's a chance that Melo could sign an extension and play the entire time in NJ.

As to whether the Knicks should make the deal, I find the "trade calculator" feature on ESPN to be interesting. If the Jets trade Gallo and Fields for Melo the Knicks would not improve their win potential. I still think the best thing for the Knicks is to wait it out and sign Melo in the offseason.

The Knicks, with their 1 superstar, all-star caliber PG, and excellent roleplayers in Gallo, Chandler, and Fields would be a championship caliber team with the addition of Melo. As I mentioned above, you need the superstars and roleplayers to win and I don't want to lose one to help the other.

I still think the best thing for the Knicks is to wait it out and sign Melo in the offseason.

The Knicks, with their 1 superstar, all-star caliber PG, and excellent roleplayers in Gallo, Chandler, and Fields would be a championship caliber team with the addition of Melo.

The thing is that it's going to be tough to keep Chandler going forward if we try to wait on Melo. It can be done -- Turiaf opts, QE Chandler, sign Melo, Bird Chandler -- but there's no margin for error and no flexibility going forward. Given the option between selling high on Chandler and probably just losing him for nothing I think we clearly have to do a deal now.

The thing is that it's going to be tough to keep Chandler going forward if we try to wait on Melo. It can be done -- Turiaf opts, QE Chandler, sign Melo, Bird Chandler -- but there's no margin for error and no flexibility going forward. Given the option between selling high on Chandler and probably just losing him for nothing I think we clearly have to do a deal now.

That makes sense because of Chandler's expiring deal/qualifying offer. It would make sense to do a Chandler, Curry, Azubieke (expiring & financial flexibility for Denver as his deal is covered by insurance) for Melo if there's a strong chance the Knicks lose Chandler anyway.

But I'd hate to trade 2 of the Jets 3 best roleplayers (Gallo, Chandler & Fields).

I'd be willing to give up 1, but not 2, and giving up all 3 is crazy.

Archived