New York Knicks' Season Opener Game Thread...and on

BroadwayJoe12

What Seed Will the Knicks Get?? (I say 6th)  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What Seed Will The Knicks Get?

I'm not generally a knee-jerk guy, but I'm done with D'Antoni. This team had no business taking 31 3's against a team with Lee and Biedrins guarding the paint. Instead, this should've been a game where Stoudemire had 20-25 attempts from the floor, putting up 40+ points - even with Felton's inability to effectively run the pick-and-roll.

As long as D'Antoni is here, barring Rufus emerging from the phone booth with Steve Nash circa 2004, they're going to struggle mightily through the regular season, nevermind doing anything in the playoffs.

I have to agree. I think this team is clearly talented enough to make the playoffs. Living and dying by the pick & roll and the 3 isn't what this roster is suited to do. They're so good when attacking on offense. Really. It's frustrating as hell at this point.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree. I think this team is clearly talented enough to make the playoffs. Living and dying by the pick & roll and the 3 isn't what this roster is suited to do. They're so good when attacking on offense. Really. It's frustrating as hell at this point.

This all falls on Antoni. He's been awful.

Things have fallen apart in a week.

Mike D'Antoni should be fired.

Seriously. The Knicks, even with the upheaval, underperformed the last 2 seasons and now that he has a better squad they are underperforming again. This 4 game losing streak is inexcusable.

Donnie Walsh should have hired Mark Jackson rather than D'Antoni when the time came. He went with D'Antoni because of his "connection" with LeBron & Wade from the Olympics. LOL. Cripple old fool. When you have a bad team it always makes sense to hire a defensive minded coach like Jackson was said to want to be because then they'd be competive.

D'Antoni has done an awful job with the Knicks.

Finally.

Gallo played exactly how he should play every single game. He makes his 3's it'll force defenders up on him and he can drive, if they slag off, shoot the jumper. He had 27 points on 4-8 shooting and something like 16-17 from the line and we are finally getting some consistent play from him as he's averaging 20.4 and 5.8 the last 5 games.

We took only 15 3's this game and it's clear we are a much better face-paced, driving, dunking and getting to the line type of team. D'antoni is right, shooters have to shoot their way out of their slumps, but not at the expense of losing games. When you miss a handful of deep shots, get to the line, get into a rhythm before you shoot from beyond the arc.

Much more, but gotta get up early. The next 3 games are very winnable, if we can get to 7-8, that'd be a major relief. We need to tighten the rotation until we get out of this whole, than we'll be able to start hopefully getting Randolph and walker some more minutes..maybe even rautins.

I'm also very glad to see walker get all of mason's minutes, i was screaming for that last night.

The next 3 games are very winnable, if we can get to 7-8, that'd be a major relief.

I dunno man, coming out of this WC swing with only one win might be the end for D'Antoni, and with the way he's coached this year I think that would be more of a relief. I'm sorry but Knick fans are just too knowledgable about the game for him to be pulling this crap with everything.

I dunno man, coming out of this WC swing with only one win might be the end for D'Antoni, and with the way he's coached this year I think that would be more of a relief. I'm sorry but Knick fans are just too knowledgable about the game for him to be pulling this crap with everything.

Yep.

There is no reason the Knicks should be 4-8 except for D'Antonti. They lost 6 in a row and only 2 of the loses were against teams with winning records. This team has too much talent to have that record. That's all on the coach.

Plus, according to Hahn of Newsday, Randolph is a Walsh guy and D'Antoni hates him.

I agree, we're going to need to take three out of the four games on this WC trip and get us to 6-8 if D'antoni is going to feel any pressure off him. There is simply no reason to lose to the Lee-less warriors and the 1-12 Clipers at 4-8.

After the Warriors and Clippers we have a home and home against the 4-7 bobcats, a tough game against the Hawks and than follow that up with Detroit and NJ.

Besides the Hawks game, these are all games we can win and should win if we want to make the playoffs. If we can go 5-1 and get to .500, I'll be happy, but I just don't see it. I don't trust D'an one bit. I can't stand his post-game pressers where he legit said that during the denver game the second half was identical to the first half, just that we were making our shots...does he think we're effin retarded?? Anyone who watched that game knows we started to drive and penetrate more and getting to the line. This is the exact style of play that won us the Kings game.

This slashing and getting to the rim is much more conducive to our players, especially felton. Ray is a pitbull and gets to the rim greatly, but he is just not comfortable with the pick n roll and isn't amazing at getting everyone involved. We have players who should shoot threes and those who shouldn't, simple as that.

Yep.

There is no reason the Knicks should be 4-8 except for D'Antonti. They lost 6 in a row and only 2 of the loses were against teams with winning records. This team has too much talent to have that record. That's all on the coach.

Plus, according to Hahn of Newsday, Randolph is a Walsh guy and D'Antoni hates him.

I think it was Tommy Dee who said he had a reliable source that Walsh isn't against firing D'an. A large part of it is Walsh's love for Randolph and now with MIke refusing to play him, it can be a problem. However, I don't necessarily blame mike for it, as AR4 has one of the lowest basketball iqs on our team and desperately needs some coaching.

Very impressed how the Knicks rebounded from that ugly and inexcusable 6 game losing streak.

With 18 games played that's a 1/5 of the season in the books. Looking at the stats, the Knicks are fortunate that Felton is playing better than he has ever had before and Amare is on par with last season in Pheonix.

Felton is averaging 18.1 ppg, 7.9 apg, 3.9 rpg, and 1.9 spg. Those are ALL career highs for Felton. Great job by him.

Amare is actually playing better than he did last year, except for his turnovers.

Amare is averaging 23.4 ppg (23.1 last year), 8.6 rpg (8.9 last yr), 2 bpg (1.0 last year) and 2.4 apg (1.0 last year). The TOs as I mentioned are a killer. He's averaging 3.9 tpg while last yr it was 2.6.

Very impressed how the Knicks rebounded from that ugly and inexcusable 6 game losing streak.

With 18 games played that's a 1/5 of the season in the books. Looking at the stats, the Knicks are fortunate that Felton is playing better than he has ever had before and Amare is on par with last season in Pheonix.

Felton is averaging 18.1 ppg, 7.9 apg, 3.9 rpg, and 1.9 spg. Those are ALL career highs for Felton. Great job by him.

Amare is actually playing better than he did last year, except for his turnovers.

Amare is averaging 23.4 ppg (23.1 last year), 8.6 rpg (8.9 last yr), 2 bpg (1.0 last year) and 2.4 apg (1.0 last year). The TOs as I mentioned are a killer. He's averaging 3.9 tpg while last yr it was 2.6.

Anyone who at least doesn't throw Ama're into the second tier of MVP candidates right now is insane. The turnovers have been a killer at times, but he's completely changed the entire dynamic of the Garden. It's been a long, long, long time since the Knicks have had a player that truly embraced being in New York and wanted all of the things that come with the spotlight.

And I finally have to give it up to Donnie as a drafter, for all the criticism I've given him, Douglas and Fields were two steals.

Great article from Rob Parker after the win yesterday. And he's absolutely right, even the harshest critic has to concede that things are changing.

These Knicks are playoff worthy

By Rob Parker

ESPNNewYork.com

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Laugh if you want. But it's true: The New York Knicks are a playoff team.

For most in the NBA, that isn't a big deal, since half the league makes it to the postseason. But in New York, where the Knicks have given a new face to awful the past decade, there is finally hope of playing meaningful basketball games in March and April, instead of simply playing out the string.

What triggered all this optimism? Well, the Knicks, in a flat-out gutty performance, beat the Detroit Pistons 125-116 in double overtime at The Palace on Sunday afternoon.

In seasons gone by, there would have been no way, no how the Knicks would have won that game, especially coming off a matinee loss to the Atlanta Hawks at the Garden on Saturday. The Knicks had every reason to succumb at the end to the Pistons, who enjoyed a comfortable Saturday at home on the couch.

But this isn't just about beating the Pistons, who are a shell of their former selves. Even the harshest Knicks critic has to admit things are changing. No, it's not the change most fans envisioned in the summer. Then again, that's when the city was all about LeBron James coming to the Big Apple to rescue a franchise that has been drowning in losses.

But as the calendar turns from November to December, the Knicks (9-9) have as many victories as the Miami Heat's James Gang. The Knicks are in second place in the Atlantic Division behind the Boston Celtics.

Knicks Blog

Looking for more information on your Knicks? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

"It's a long year and if we continue to improve as the season goes along then we have a great chance at [the playoffs]," Amare Stoudemire said. "We have to make sure that we continue to improve."

And if they do, and there's no reason to believe they won't, they should be position to secure a spot out of the East. Honestly, when you look at the other teams in their division, excluding the Celts, you would be hard-pressed to pick a squad better than the Knicks right now. And other than Boston, the Knicks are the only team with a winning record on the road. At 7-4 going into Sunday night, they had the most road victories in the entire NBA.

Yes, more than the Los Angeles Lakers.

Laugh if you want. This stuff matters, and it tells you a lot. Good teams win on the road. Period. The opponent doesn't matter, just the getting the win.

The Knicks have won five straight games on the road. It's a sign, a building block. "We are just showing the sort of composure that we have and that we are growing since Day 1," said point guard Raymond Felton, who had 23 points and 11 assists.

It also tells you the Knicks finally have a place to go with the basketball when it matters. The days of playing hot potato with the ball at the end is over. Stoudemire wasn't exactly what Knicks fans wanted, but he's exactly what the Knicks need.

Against the Pistons, Stoudemire had a monster game with 37 points, 15 rebounds and seven assists. "Because of Amare, because of Raymond giving us good leadership, it's easier to win on the road," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "You kind of know where the ball is going and you're going to get pretty good shots. And when that happens, you have a chance to win any place, home or away."

Yeah, yeah. We know how poorly the Knicks have played at home so far -- a lousy 2-5 record at the Garden. Still, you have to believe the Knicks will play better there.

For sure, the Knicks have gotten fat early against teams under .500. With their victory over the 6-11 Pistons, the Knicks are now 7-4 against the also-rans. There's no need to apologize. That's how good teams become good -- by beating bad teams.

"We have to beat the teams we're supposed to beat," Stoudemire said. "That's how the game is played and that's what we've been doing so far."

Now, don't get it twisted. The Knicks aren't going to the NBA Finals this season. They are still a few pieces away. But clearly, they are finally moving forward.

Rob Parker is a columnist for ESPNNewYork.com.

Great read RJF, also liked the one talking about how many points the Knicks are scoring in the paint. Speaking of which, with field, STAT and Chandler now starting with Turiaf out, we are having our way in the paint much more than I ever would have thought. I really think Fields has a much larger part to do with our sucess than people realize...also the play of felton the last couple weeks.

Tonight's win against NJ was awesome, I hope the players finally understand what the Garden sounds and feels like when they take and hold the lead like they did in the 3rd quarter.

- Felton has been an absolute beast the last few weeks, especially since our change in offensive philosophy that has him playing off the ball a bit more and the wings setting up plays as well. He's killing teams when they go underneath the screen. Also, tonight was the first night where you saw him and STAT really on the same page; if this is any indication of things to come, than I can easily see his assists numbers stay around 9 for the season. *also finding out that he played the 50+ minutes the other night with the flu, he's a ******* warrior. He displays the exact mentality a new york knick should, i love this guy.

- STAT the last couple games has been extremely efficient and just dominant in the paint. The most I think about it the more I love this signing. He embraces NY, plays how you want a NY player to play like and is a lot less selfish than I would have imagined. He has been getting points from garbage buckets and tip ins just as much as his 1 on 1s.

- Chandler finally starting going to the basket more and had probably his second best game of the year. His two 3 point plays were huge and he's another young guy who i could see no reason he shouldn't avg around 20 pts and 8 rebounds.

- Outrebounded NJ 42 to 37. We have been a much, much better rebounding team than i thought we'd be. I have to give part credit to landry fields for being the best rebounding guard in the entire ******* league. I will say that again, the best rebounding guard in the entire league. He's top 3 in almost every rookie category; points, rebounds, fg%, ft% and a couple more. He won't win rookie of the year, but a guy on a winning team - .500+ baby! - he should get a significant look for it.

Overall, we are 10-9 heading to New Orleans, a win against CP3 and the hornets could do wonders for our confidence. We are one of the best road teams in the league right now and a win here would set us up for a handful of very winnable games against Toronto, Minny, Toronto and Washington before a tough stretch against denver, couple at miami, okc etc. I'd be nice to get a few games above .500 before heading to that tough stretch.

Great read RJF, also liked the one talking about how many points the Knicks are scoring in the paint. Speaking of which, with field, STAT and Chandler now starting with Turiaf out, we are having our way in the paint much more than I ever would have thought. I really think Fields has a much larger part to do with our sucess than people realize...also the play of felton the last couple weeks.

Tonight's win against NJ was awesome, I hope the players finally understand what the Garden sounds and feels like when they take and hold the lead like they did in the 3rd quarter.

- Felton has been an absolute beast the last few weeks, especially since our change in offensive philosophy that has him playing off the ball a bit more and the wings setting up plays as well. He's killing teams when they go underneath the screen. Also, tonight was the first night where you saw him and STAT really on the same page; if this is any indication of things to come, than I can easily see his assists numbers stay around 9 for the season. *also finding out that he played the 50+ minutes the other night with the flu, he's a ******* warrior. He displays the exact mentality a new york knick should, i love this guy.

- STAT the last couple games has been extremely efficient and just dominant in the paint. The most I think about it the more I love this signing. He embraces NY, plays how you want a NY player to play like and is a lot less selfish than I would have imagined. He has been getting points from garbage buckets and tip ins just as much as his 1 on 1s.

- Chandler finally starting going to the basket more and had probably his second best game of the year. His two 3 point plays were huge and he's another young guy who i could see no reason he shouldn't avg around 20 pts and 8 rebounds.

- Outrebounded NJ 42 to 37. We have been a much, much better rebounding team than i thought we'd be. I have to give part credit to landry fields for being the best rebounding guard in the entire ******* league. I will say that again, the best rebounding guard in the entire league. He's top 3 in almost every rookie category; points, rebounds, fg%, ft% and a couple more. He won't win rookie of the year, but a guy on a winning team - .500+ baby! - he should get a significant look for it.

Overall, we are 10-9 heading to New Orleans, a win against CP3 and the hornets could do wonders for our confidence. We are one of the best road teams in the league right now and a win here would set us up for a handful of very winnable games against Toronto, Minny, Toronto and Washington before a tough stretch against denver, couple at miami, okc etc. I'd be nice to get a few games above .500 before heading to that tough stretch.

I actually just got home from a night out, including catching that game in the Garden, and I couldn't agree more with all of this. There's just a buzz in the Garden that hasn't been there in a long, long time. I think that the main thing to take note of is Amar'e. He completely commands the entire arena's attention every time he gets his hands on the ball. I'm serious, it's that obvious. He's in on on every play and he responds to the crowd after every momentum changer. Him and Felton are really starting to get a chemistry going together; there were several times throughout tonight's game where Felton found him in traffic right in the middle of the paint with some beautiful passes. It may not be the Nash pick and roll, but it's still damned pretty to watch. (I was also really cheering for STAT to hit 40. I've never seen a live game where a player hit 40...so close).

Fields was great. The Knicks never run any plays for him throughout an entire game, and his will to do all of the dirty work still makes that much of an impact.

Wilson Chandler is, without question, the 3rd best player on this team. It's not even debatable. I'm fine with him coming off the bench and being a 6th man because of his versatility, but Donnie needs to find a way to keep him or make him the centerpiece of a deal for Carmelo. F-ck giving up a ton of players and picks for him. If Chandler and a pick or two isn't good enough, then I'm willing to take my chances with him heading to free agency. He's about 2 years away from being a borderline All-Star. This team is a solid 2 and some depth at C/PF from legitimately competing for the conference; with or without Melo.

One more thing. Brook Lopez can ****in ball.

Great points, Rutgers and Broadway. Great win for the Knicks because of how they played. I'm impressed on how they've grown over the last few weeks.

On your point about Melo, trading for him makes zero sense for the Knicks now. Of course, that won't stop him. But the best case scenario is that this team grows throughout the season as is and then sign Melo as a FA. That way, the team becomes quantifiably better by having gelled as a team AND getting another scorer.

Trading for Melo now would retard this team's growth.

I'm fully confident that if Melo is a FA he'll sign with the Knicks, even if he is traded at the deadline to another team. Melo wants to keep his options open so he's not signing an extension with anybody.

Great points, Rutgers and Broadway. Great win for the Knicks because of how they played. I'm impressed on how they've grown over the last few weeks.

On your point about Melo, trading for him makes zero sense for the Knicks now. Of course, that won't stop him. But the best case scenario is that this team grows throughout the season as is and then sign Melo as a FA. That way, the team becomes quantifiably better by having gelled as a team AND getting another scorer.

Trading for Melo now would retard this team's growth.

I'm fully confident that if Melo is a FA he'll sign with the Knicks, even if he is traded at the deadline to another team. Melo wants to keep his options open so he's not signing an extension with anybody.

The problem, in my opinion, is the distraction that comes with it. I think the trade rumors were clearly hindering the team through that slow start, and it obviously was killing Gallinari. If it's going to happen, Donnie just needs to do it like you'd rip off a band-aid, just one clean swipe. But the Knicks have literally 4 to 5 players that could be included in a deal (Chandler, Fields, Douglas, Gallo, and Curry's expiring deal), and that's a lot to have hanging over your head as a player. There's a good possibility we'll see it again once we get closer to the deadline, but one can only hope that we don't have to give up both Fields and Chandler in such a scenario (word has it that Denver's really high on Fields right now).

The problem, in my opinion, is the distraction that comes with it. I think the trade rumors were clearly hindering the team through that slow start, and it obviously was killing Gallinari. If it's going to happen, Donnie just needs to do it like you'd rip off a band-aid, just one clean swipe. But the Knicks have literally 4 to 5 players that could be included in a deal (Chandler, Fields, Douglas, Gallo, and Curry's expiring deal), and that's a lot to have hanging over your head as a player. There's a good possibility we'll see it again once we get closer to the deadline, but one can only hope that we don't have to give up both Fields and Chandler in such a scenario (word has it that Denver's really high on Fields right now).

At this point I wish they would just wait it out, and hope to get him signed in the off season.

It really does not sound like he would sign anywhere else anyway.

Do you think a new CBA will severely lower the max contract number?

Another good victory yesterday. Hopefully they can carry it over to tonight in the Garden. Of course, we have another game to watch instead.

Amare truly is an MVP candidate this early on. He makes everybody better. Love had his 31-31 game because Amare was in foul trouble early (at least, that's what Amare said to reporters yesterday).

I was wondering why Amare avoided so much contact after getting his 3rd PF yesterday and I can see what he's thinking. It's not that he doesn't play defense (although that was the knock on him with the Suns), it's just that he recognizes how important he is to this team when on the floor. They are flat out better when he's out there and he can't risk foul trouble to put him on the bench. Gallo, Chandler, Fields, and Felton all look better with Amare out there. They look more confident running around, taking shots, playing D.

If Denver is willing to give up 'Melo for a deal involving Fields and Chandler, you don't even think about it for a second.

YOU ******* DO IT.

Neither Chandler or Fields will EVER be an All-Star.

And the NBA is a "star" league.

Another good victory yesterday. Hopefully they can carry it over to tonight in the Garden. Of course, we have another game to watch instead.

Amare truly is an MVP candidate this early on. He makes everybody better. Love had his 31-31 game because Amare was in foul trouble early (at least, that's what Amare said to reporters yesterday).

I was wondering why Amare avoided so much contact after getting his 3rd PF yesterday and I can see what he's thinking. It's not that he doesn't play defense (although that was the knock on him with the Suns), it's just that he recognizes how important he is to this team when on the floor. They are flat out better when he's out there and he can't risk foul trouble to put him on the bench. Gallo, Chandler, Fields, and Felton all look better with Amare out there. They look more confident running around, taking shots, playing D.

Getting back to the hotel and watching highlights last night almost made things better.

If Denver is willing to give up 'Melo for a deal involving Fields and Chandler, you don't even think about it for a second.

YOU ******* DO IT.

Neither Chandler or Fields will EVER be an All-Star.

And the NBA is a "star" league.

Well it depends, I don't think you just discount leverage and bow to Denver's will. Melo wants to play for New York, he holds the cards in the fact that any team trading for him has to agree to an extension first and he's made it clear he's not going to just take money. He's a free agent after this year and they have the cap room to sign him. I don't think you sacrifice your 3rd and 4th best players knowing there's a likelihood of keeping both and getting Melo regardless.

Well it depends, I don't think you just discount leverage and bow to Denver's will. Melo wants to play for New York, he holds the cards in the fact that any team trading for him has to agree to an extension first and he's made it clear he's not going to just take money. He's a free agent after this year and they have the cap room to sign him. I don't think you sacrifice your 3rd and 4th best players knowing there's a likelihood of keeping both and getting Melo regardless.

Rutgers, putting aside all that, reports are that the Nets' offer of Favors and 2 1st rounders plus players, is still on the table for Melo. The question is, who is more crazy here, the Nuggets or Nets for the deal not being done?

First, I'm pretty confident that Melo is not signing an extension with anyone. That said, how in Basketball Jesus' name can the Nets, who suck, afford to trade 2 1st rounders for Melo? They'd still suck with him.

From a Knick POV, just wait until the summer. Seriously. Add Melo to a good, seasoned team. The Knicks should be in the 45 win range this season. Adding Melo to this group of talent would easily bump the Knicks into the mid-50s the following season. I don't see Melo having the same impact this year if the Knicks get rid of their young talent like Gallo and Chandler.

It's similar to the Yanks and Sabathia. Sometimes the best move is to wait and keep the talent.

You win a championship with stars, role players, and depth. The Lakers and Celtics have that. The Heat doesn't, that's why they won't win it because they're missing the role players and depth. With Amare and Melo as a FA, the Knicks would have all 3

Rutgers, putting aside all that, reports are that the Nets' offer of Favors and 2 1st rounders plus players, is still on the table for Melo. The question is, who is more crazy here, the Nuggets or Nets for the deal not being done?

First, I'm pretty confident that Melo is not signing an extension with anyone. That said, how in Basketball Jesus' name can the Nets, who suck, afford to trade 2 1st rounders for Melo? They'd still suck with him.

From a Knick POV, just wait until the summer. Seriously. Add Melo to a good, seasoned team. The Knicks should be in the 45 win range this season. Adding Melo to this group of talent would easily bump the Knicks into the mid-50s the following season. I don't see Melo having the same impact this year if the Knicks get rid of their young talent like Gallo and Chandler.

It's similar to the Yanks and Sabathia. Sometimes the best move is to wait and keep the talent.

You win a championship with stars, role players, and depth. The Lakers and Celtics have that. The Heat doesn't, that's why they won't win it because they're missing the role players and depth. With Amare and Melo as a FA, the Knicks would have all 3

Oh I agree. Guys like Chandler and Fields are textbook guys you need for championships, not to mention the former is the leading candidate for 6th Man of the Year right now. I don't think most appreciate how good a player Wilson Chandler has become. If you redid the '07 draft right now, he'd probably be a top 5-6 pick.

I think a trade for Melo makes this team slightly better, but I think that adding Melo to the existing roster (along with a pure 2), vaults it in to championship contention. They're good enough to beat bad teams and compete with good ones, but thinning out the lineup in favor upgrading a position they're currently strong at won't make that large of a difference in the grand scheme of things. In the end they'd still have to find suitable replacements for Chandler, or Fields, and young players like that aren't easily replaceable.

Oh I agree. Guys like Chandler and Fields are textbook guys you need for championships, not to mention the former is the leading candidate for 6th Man of the Year right now. I don't think most appreciate how good a player Wilson Chandler has become. If you redid the '07 draft right now, he'd probably be a top 5-6 pick.

I think a trade for Melo makes this team slightly better, but I think that adding Melo to the existing roster (along with a pure 2), vaults it in to championship contention. They're good enough to beat bad teams and compete with good ones, but thinning out the lineup in favor upgrading a position they're currently strong at won't make that large of a difference in the grand scheme of things. In the end they'd still have to find suitable replacements for Chandler, or Fields, and young players like that aren't easily replaceable.

Exactly. And it can't be underestated how well the small starting lineup is playing (with Wilson at the 4). The Knicks are the only Eastern Conference team besides Boston with a starting 5 all playing above the league avg of 15.0 PER. The Heat only have 3 players above avg PER and Orlando has 4.

As you noted, the key is to compete with good teams and beat bad teams. That's why I say that talk about the quality of their opponents is irrelevant. This yr isn't about winning the championship. This is about making the playoff contender leap. Win around 45 games, get a 4 to 6 seed, and win some playoff games. If stars align, win a playoff series. Make the team real attractive to Melo in FA so it's a no-brainer to sign here.

The Knicks have had a phenomenal season so far. STAT is the real deal and should be the leading MVP candidate at this point IMO. He is going to get his third straight player of the week award and if he doesn't it is a joke.

Felton has been an absolute steal.

STAT - 25.7 PPG, 9.1 RPG, 2 blocks a game

Felton - 18.6 PPG, 8.6 APG, 4 RPG

Chandler - 17 PPG, 6 RPG

Fields has been awesome, Gallo has been hit or miss but if he comes on look out. Douglas has looked good too.

An amazing run by Amare and Felton. That's a good collection of players.

Amare, though, has been unreal.

No one in the media is saying he shouldn't have been a max-player now.

Schedule is about to get straight nasty for the Knicks. I'm really intrested to see how you guys perform during this stretch. Amare is looking like an MVP right now.

Schedule is about to get straight nasty for the Knicks. I'm really intrested to see how you guys perform during this stretch. Amare is looking like an MVP right now.

I don't see how the Knicks offseason isn't deemed a FAILURE. Lebron has been the goal for 2yrs. Not getting him alone is a FAILRUE. You loss DAvid Lee but picked up Amare...they both have the same numbers, but one is injury prone.FAILURE. Ridnour would be nice to run the point and that seems to be the guy Amare wants so that would be a nice addition.

What i do know is the guy is a blue collar player that battles for boards and managed score 21 ppg with trash around him. He was the ONLY identity that your franchise had and you gave him away. I think Amare is a superb finisher under the basket but NO ONE was gonna give him 5yr 100 mil. and have him play no defense. Another bad contract for the NY knicks.

are you saying POW? Why does he keep saying that? And relax there jiffy pop, he's been impressive through 20 games. Always injury concerns with Amare.

I know you typed something here, but I'm still laughing uncontrollably at this line.

You loss DAvid Lee but picked up Amare...they both have the same numbers, but one is injury prone.FAILURE.

Archived