Braylon

sh4dy15

I know how in love these coaches are with Holmes and don't get me wrong he is a great player but where the **** was Braylon?! Now all of a sudden Schotty is just gonna forget about the guy who has been playing great since Game 2 (nobody played good in game 1). He's been nothing short of great for us all season and now he's gonna be put on the back burner for Holmes? **** that. You target them evenly and give Braylon a chance to make plays like he has all year. What was he thrown to 3 times tonight, maybe less? And the one time he was thrown to he didnt drop the pass which was way worse then the others dropped by our other receivers.

I know how in love these coaches are with Holmes and don't get me wrong he is a great player but where the **** was Braylon?! Now all of a sudden Schotty is just gonna forget about the guy who has been playing great since Game 2 (nobody played good in game 1). He's been nothing short of great for us all season and now he's gonna be put on the back burner for Holmes? **** that. You target them evenly and give Braylon a chance to make plays like he has all year. What was he thrown to 3 times tonight, maybe less? And the one time he was thrown to he didnt drop the pass which was way worse then the others dropped by our other receivers.

+1

Sure seems that way. Edwards has been outstanding on the field. The main criticism against him has been drops and meanwhile he seems to be the only one holding onto the ball.

Can someone who was at the game tell us with TV-only access how open or not-open Edwards (and others) were?

He was wide open on one play. You lead him on that and it's an easy TD. Sanchez just didn't see him...

I think Sanchez doesn't see a lot of stuff. Worst part about that play isn't even how open Edwards was (bad as that was). It was that he had absolutely no pressure on him. It might be forgivable if he had someone breathing down his neck, but he had all day to scan the field and still missed the most open receiver on the field for a sure TD.

That gets better with experience, and it will with Sanchez. But it's brutal to watch.

Srsly, that one play where he was wide open, had Sanchez seen him he wouldve still been running. There was nothing but daylight. But of course he forces it to perpetually high Santonio Holmes.

Man, thats like the 100th time someone has used that phrase today. But yeah there was a lot left on the field today.

Man, thats like the 100th time someone has used that phrase today. But yeah there was a lot left on the field today.

Sorry for the ad nauseum, Im just still really pissed.

I have a huge bottle of Jack Daniels with my name on it.

IMO the way he has been playing he needs to be targeted most out of any of our WR's. Throw the guy a ****in out route or a jump ball for god sakes.

He has hung on pretty well this year. It is my impression that although he does make plays, his route running is half-assed. If he ran routes like he blocked, he would be Andre Johnson.

I think Sanchez doesn't see a lot of stuff. Worst part about that play isn't even how open Edwards was (bad as that was). It was that he had absolutely no pressure on him. It might be forgivable if he had someone breathing down his neck, but he had all day to scan the field and still missed the most open receiver on the field for a sure TD.

That gets better with experience, and it will with Sanchez. But it's brutal to watch.

I think Sanchez did see but new he couldn't complete the pass as he was rolling to his left.

I think Sanchez did see but new he couldn't complete the pass as he was rolling to his left.

Nonsense. He had all day to stop and plant. If he was under pressure I wouldn't bring it up. And if he can't make that throw what's the sense in running the pattern -- the play is to Holmes or nothing? No. He didn't see his own receiver because he didn't bother looking even though he had all day to survey the field.

This is what happens when you stare down and lock in on one receiver. When that receiver gets a little daylight you throw it in there (as he did to Holmes) without bothering to see if a deep TD has been gift-wrapped for you.

Were you watching a different play than me? He had already rolled out and was right near the sidelines. I wouldn't say the pressure was RIGHT on top of him, but he was cornered and would have limited vision of the field from that angle.

Were you watching a different play than me? He had already rolled out and was right near the sidelines. I wouldn't say the pressure was RIGHT on top of him, but he was cornered and would have limited vision of the field from that angle.

I would ask the same of you. They showed the replay 2-3 times. He had plenty of time to replant and throw. There was no pressure on him. He's also the one who put himself near the sideline. Even a fool like BS wouldn't design a play that directs the QB to run that far to the side so there is only one possible option. Edwards was open and Sanchez could have hit him. He never looked. If Edwards was running down the opposite sideline then I wouldn't have said a word. He was open and easily hittable and it should have been a TD.

+1

Sure seems that way. Edwards has been outstanding on the field. The main criticism against him has been drops and meanwhile he seems to be the only one holding onto the ball.

Can someone who was at the game tell us with TV-only access how open or not-open Edwards (and others) were?

Sanchez was missing wide open guys and throwing late, but it seemed like the play design not totally him.

and this thread is silly because Braylon rarely cmae off the field while Holmes was on and off all game.

I would ask the same of you. They showed the replay 2-3 times. He had plenty of time to replant and throw. There was no pressure on him. He's also the one who put himself near the sideline. Even a fool like BS wouldn't design a play that directs the QB to run that far to the side so there is only one possible option. Edwards was open and Sanchez could have hit him. He never looked. If Edwards was running down the opposite sideline then I wouldn't have said a word. He was open and easily hittable and it should have been a TD.

Sanchez was missing wide open guys and throwing late, but it seemed like the play design not totally him.

and this thread is silly because Braylon rarely cmae off the field while Holmes was on and off all game.

Yup.

seems like braylon was the one who brought his big boy shoes. the others holmes, cotch and keller had bad drops. Greene had an awful drop as well.

When does Revis start winning us games single handedly? :blink:

You had him penciled in for 4, he better get going. :unsure:

Srsly, that one play where he was wide open, had Sanchez seen him he wouldve still been running. There was nothing but daylight. But of course he forces it to perpetually high Santonio Holmes.

Yeah, six targets for Holmes. He just wouldn't stop throwing to him the whole sixty minutes. :rolleyes:

Cotchery had 13 targets, but lets go ahead and bash the pothead.

Braylon was only targeted 4 times. Are you ******* kidding me?!

He has a TD is 4 of our last 5 games. If I were him I wouldnt have talked to the media either. HE is our true #1 receiver and he's done a great job at it so far. I'd be furious if I were him. I know Sanchez missed him a few times but call a ****in fade to the guy, call something specifically for him.

Braylon was only targeted 4 times. Are you ******* kidding me?!

He has a TD is 4 of our last 5 games. If I were him I wouldnt have talked to the media either. HE is our true #1 receiver and he's done a great job at it so far. I'd be furious if I were him. I know Sanchez missed him a few times but call a ****in fade to the guy, call something specifically for him.

Exactley JUST GET HIM THE DAM BALL.

the dude in your signature ate a$$ yesterday. You should worry about getting your own house in order.

I'm a Jets fan, I don't live in my sig no matter who is in it, and quite frankly I only use that one because I like how it's pointing.

Way to skate another question with yet another retarded response. :blink:

Par for the course, typical bit bullsh*t!

Nonsense. He had all day to stop and plant. If he was under pressure I wouldn't bring it up. And if he can't make that throw what's the sense in running the pattern -- the play is to Holmes or nothing? No. He didn't see his own receiver because he didn't bother looking even though he had all day to survey the field.

This is what happens when you stare down and lock in on one receiver. When that receiver gets a little daylight you throw it in there (as he did to Holmes) without bothering to see if a deep TD has been gift-wrapped for you.

I think he saw him Sperm. If you watched the replay, when he started scrambling, he looked down field and then came back to the sideline route. I think he was scared to pull the trigger.

I think he saw him Sperm. If you watched the replay, when he started scrambling, he looked down field and then came back to the sideline route. I think he was scared to pull the trigger.

JiF, you don't think that would have been a tough throw though? He would have HAD to stop and plant, set his feet, and have time to release. That would have done two thing, Defense could adjust and Matthews would have been breathing down his neck. I cant blame him for going with the underneath throw there.

JiF, you don't think that would have been a tough throw though? He would have HAD to stop and plant, set his feet, and have time to release. That would have done two thing, Defense could adjust and Matthews would have been breathing down his neck. I cant blame him for going with the underneath throw there.

I dont know how hard of throw it would have been. Nor does anyone else. But I surely would have tried when there wasnt a player around him for 25 yards.

Its not like it was a high risk pass, he could have missed by 20 yards and it would have been another incompletion. Something Sanchez is very used to.

You have to make that play. It was the difference between a win and loss.

JennyVrentas

Braylon Edwards was asked if there was any safety help on 2nd-qt play when he was wide open. He chuckled. "No there wasn't," he said. #nyj

JennyVrentas

Also, when a reporter mentioned he had only been targeted four times, Edwards said, "Was it that many?" #nyj

He sounds pretty pissed.

Archived