Its all Shotty's fault right?

KINGDIRK

I wonder what game you were watching as even the announcers confirmed that Sanchez had nowhere to go most of the time, including when he scrambled out of the pocket as the WRs were all 25 yards down the field and never came back for the ball. This is bad coaching.

Notice how the Pats players are always in the right position for the right situation. On Sanchez' dumb playfake they ignored it and just intercepted the ball. That's coaching, the players know there's no threat in that situation so they just play the pass. The Jets never play smart on offense at all.

Are you honestly going to sit here and tell me the play action in the endzone was Schotty's fault? Sanchez never even looked to see if he was open. He stared him down the whole way and was never going to look for another option. Never mind the great play calling on that drive that got us down there.

He was missing receivers all day long. I know you love him and dont like to slight him, but the kid was horrible last night and it had nothing to do with play calls and everything to do with Sanchez. Granted, on a couple of plays his WR's didnt help...but better placement of the ball would help. His passed looked awful last night...even completed ones.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:face:

So we got some here telling people how to be fans and other telling coaches how to coach.

Rex doesn't need to change a G-d Damn thing.

I'm not telling anyone how to be a fan. I could care a less how you root for the JETS. As far as coaching, yes I would like to see a more disciplined coach. I think it would translate to the team.

Klecko, I love Rex and his attitude, but to say he doesn't need to change anything? Come on man. You need to do more than have great speeches and player boosting. Be a leader of man, lead them to victory. Take control of the oc issue. Take control of me first players, ie edwards, holmes, revis. I want Rex here for the next ten years, but he needs to learn from his mistakes. Based on his presser today, its not sinking in.

Klecko, I love Rex and his attitude, but to say he doesn't need to change anything? Come on man. You need to do more than have great speeches and player boosting. Be a leader of man, lead them to victory. Take control of the oc issue. Take control of me first players, ie edwards, holmes, revis. I want Rex here for the next ten years, but he needs to learn from his mistakes. Based on his presser today, its not sinking in.

Taking what Rex says in his presser as the holy gospel is your first mistake.

First pass of the game...slant pass in between two of our defenders who are right on top of Welker as he hauls it in...perfectly placed pass...just the right amount of velocity on the ball...Scheme.... :rolleyes:

Thats one pass you retard Im discussing the whole game break free from that damn bubble you live in for christs sake.

This is utter bullsh*t...no offense. Sanchez was god awful last night. He was all over the place. He had a couple of throws to wide open WR's that were no where near the WR. He had throws to guys on the run that were open but the placement was so awful it didnt even matter if they made the catch.

The game plan was fine. Everyone wanted Schotty to use more hurry up no huddle to get the kid comfortable, well, he did and the kid sucked.

You can blame Schotty all you want but the plays were there and Sanchez couldnt make them. You Schotty haters that want to put everything on him, cant see the trees through the forest.

I got 4+ years of Shotty to back my arguement. he sucks

Taking what Rex says in his presser as the holy gospel is your first mistake.

I hear what your saying, its not my holy gospel. But for him to even say some of that crap is out in left field somewhere. Sometimes you need to stop talking and start working.

What do you think the players hear?

I wonder what game you were watching as even the announcers confirmed that Sanchez had nowhere to go most of the time, including when he scrambled out of the pocket as the WRs were all 25 yards down the field and never came back for the ball. This is bad coaching.

Notice how the Pats players are always in the right position for the right situation. On Sanchez' dumb playfake they ignored it and just intercepted the ball. That's coaching, the players know there's no threat in that situation so they just play the pass. The Jets never play smart on offense at all.

Thank You

Are you honestly going to sit here and tell me the play action in the endzone was Schotty's fault? Sanchez never even looked to see if he was open. He stared him down the whole way and was never going to look for another option. Never mind the great play calling on that drive that got us down there.

He was missing receivers all day long. I know you love him and dont like to slight him, but the kid was horrible last night and it had nothing to do with play calls and everything to do with Sanchez. Granted, on a couple of plays his WR's didnt help...but better placement of the ball would help. His passed looked awful last night...even completed ones.

JIF that particular play was on Sanchez and it was his fault no doubt he should have thrown the ball away since it seemed to be his only option. In that circumstance I hand the ball to Shonn Greene but thats just me. if the Jets have a first down in the red zone they should ram the ball down the throats of the other team if you pass on first down and it fails your stuck with the pass the next 2 plays in sh*ttys offense I know this teams know this the whole ******* NFL knows this because we are PREDICTABLE.

I hear what your saying, its not my holy gospel. But for him to even say some of that crap is out in left field somewhere. Sometimes you need to stop talking and start working.

What do you think the players hear?

Why are you assuming the players listen to his pressers? He speaks to them directly.

JIF that particular play was on Sanchez and it was his fault no doubt he should have thrown the ball away since it seemed to be his only option. In that circumstance I hand the ball to Shonn Greene but thats just me. if the Jets have a first down in the red zone they should ram the ball down the throats of the other team if you pass on first down and it fails your stuck with the pass the next 2 plays in sh*ttys offense I know this teams know this the whole ******* NFL knows this because we are PREDICTABLE.

This is ridiculous. The Pats are the most predictable team in the league, but they execute and have a HOF QB.

And I disagree that throwing on first means you have to throw for the next 2 downs. I've never heard that before in my life.

And I've had 30 games of Sanchez to back mine.

Then whats your explanation for Sanchez excelling in the hurry up and winning us 4 games in the 4th quarter ? As compared to 3 1/2 quarters of total incompetence ? What were Sanchez Stats in the hurry up in those games compared to huddling up ? I told you 5 weeks ago the Jets should use more Hurry up in the beginning of the game. I also said they would probably save that for the NE game because thats exactly sh*ttys style and people chuckled. Belichick knew it was coming because he studied the film of the Jets and realized Sanchez excelled in the hurry up so he had the proper packages out their on defense to negate the issue of substitution. Like I said JIF the game plan here vs one of the worst defenses in the NFL and the best Offenses in the NFL was IRRITATINGLY SIMPLE Ground and Pound Ground and pound eat up clock and use play action late BUT ******* sh*tty fooled us all once again and played the role of village idiot and went away from our strength to try and fool one of the best defensive minds in NFL histroy. He is and IDIOT. The way to beat the Pats is by Imposing your will on them and smashing the ball down their freakin throats. You let the talent on the field dictate the game not Bill Belichick

This is ridiculous. The Pats are the most predictable team in the league, but they execute and have a HOF QB.

And I disagree that throwing on first means you have to throw for the next 2 downs. I've never heard that before in my life.

Pats predictable ????? Have you seen the changes over the last five weeks ?? Have you seen what the addition of Woodhead and Branch have done for this team ? Have you seen how their running game has been revitalized ? What team are you talking about being predictable and calling me ridiculous ?? Come on MAn

I really don't know what game plans have to do with a QB that was missing everything by 2 feet last night..

The jets came in aggressive and ran hurry up offense, something most of the board wanted them to do, and sanchez faltered.. how that is schotty's fault I don't know..

Then whats your explanation for Sanchez excelling in the hurry up and winning us 4 games in the 4th quarter ? As compared to 3 1/2 quarters of total incompetence ? What were Sanchez Stats in the hurry up in those games compared to huddling up ? I told you 5 weeks ago the Jets should use more Hurry up in the beginning of the game. I also said they would probably save that for the NE game because thats exactly sh*ttys style and people chuckled. Belichick knew it was coming because he studied the film of the Jets and realized Sanchez excelled in the hurry up so he had the proper packages out their on defense to negate the issue of substitution. Like I said JIF the game plan here vs one of the worst defenses in the NFL and the best Offenses in the NFL was IRRITATINGLY SIMPLE Ground and Pound Ground and pound eat up clock and use play action late BUT ******* sh*tty fooled us all once again and played the role of village idiot and went away from our strength to try and fool one of the best defensive minds in NFL histroy. He is and IDIOT. The way to beat the Pats is by Imposing your will on them and smashing the ball down their freakin throats. You let the talent on the field dictate the game not Bill Belichick

He's an idiot for taking your advice? You wanted hurry up, he gave you hurry and Sanchez looked like sh*t. But now it was the wrong time to use it, instead of maybe you are wrong and Sanchez just isnt that good?

Look I'm not a Schotty fan. I dont think he's good at his job. But his job is infinitely harder because he has a very young, not so good Qb at the helm.

Pats predictable ????? Have you seen the changes over the last five weeks ?? Have you seen what the addition of Woodhead and Branch have done for this team ? Have you seen how their running game has been revitalized ? What team are you talking about being predictable and calling me ridiculous ?? Come on MAn

Did you not know what the Pats game plan was going to be last night? Everyone and their mother does. You know what the difference is....Tom Brady and execution.

Sorry bub...you give my Tom Brady last night for the Jets offense and the scored is flipped with Schottys game plan.

I really don't know what game plans have to do with a QB that was missing everything by 2 feet last night..

The jets came in aggressive and ran hurry up offense, something most of the board wanted them to do, and sanchez faltered.. how that is schotty's fault I don't know..

Its astonishing really.

Because it was obvious CTM its typical sh*tty football. I told you this 5 weeks ago he would save this for the NE game when alot of people were calling for the Hurry up. if your playing a bad defense and the best Offense in the NFL the options are simple run the ball and run it some more, control the clock and keep Tom Brady off the field. Do you not see this was the absolute worst time all year to go hurry up ? WORST

Did you not know what the Pats game plan was going to be last night? Everyone and their mother does. You know what the difference is....Tom Brady and execution.

Sorry bub...you give my Tom Brady last night for the Jets offense and the scored is flipped with Schottys game plan.

Its astonishing really.

No possible way Sorry. The Pats WR's were wide open all night and they sucked us in and ate us up. We were fooled on numerous occasions its was like taking candy from a baby .

Because it was obvious CTM its typical sh*tty football. I told you this 5 weeks ago he would save this for the NE game when alot of people were calling for the Hurry up. if your playing a bad defense and the best Offense in the NFL the options are simple run the ball and run it some more, control the clock and keep Tom Brady off the field. Do you not see this was the absolute worst time all year to go hurry up ? WORST

I wass fine with it.. I think our defense is average and have been saying the pats would score on us for awhile.. They we're trying to get Sanchez in a rhythm early and put some points on the board.. I hate marty ball

funny the patriots found out a way to turn Welker into a complete monster and now they are doing the same with woodhead I guess that has nothing to do with coaching. Those guys just decided to start playing football because they are on the pats now. Welker was a freakin JAG Special teamer in Miami and Woodhead got about 3 touches in the few years he was here/ But hey our Offense is just designed by a ******* genius

There are really only 2 things to fault Schottenheimer for. one is the hurry up at the start of the game, but thats a Rex call. They went with a hunch and it did not work out. The other is going away from Greene when the game needed to be settled down and he was getting big run after big run. Everything else is on the players. Those guys wanted no part of the cold last night. Its the exact way the Bengals came out in week 17 last year in the Meadowlands. They went out into a crazy atmosphere in the cold and decided they wanted to be back on the bus. This team takes their cue from Rex and he panicked early and so did the rest of the team. The Jets had plays that could have kept the chains moving, but when the game still mattered Tomlinson dropped 2, Braylon dropped 2, Holmes dropped 1, and Smith made a bad play on 1. The rest of the time Sanchez threw the ball at peoples feet. Those guys were just unprepared and way too nervous to be out there. Im still in shock over it. They went into Indianapolis in a far bigger game than this and looked great for 28 minutes. Here they looked good at the coin toss and it went downhill from there.

btw.. makes me nervous when jifiot is consistantly making the most sense in just about every thread.. either he's gotten smarter or I've gotta stop sniffing glue

Ha! Stop sniffing glue.

funny the patriots found out a way to turn Welker into a complete monster and now they are doing the same with woodhead I guess that has nothing to do with coaching. Those guys just decided to start playing football because they are on the pats now. Welker was a freakin JAG Special teamer in Miami and Woodhead got about 3 touches in the few years he was here/ But hey our Offense is just designed by a ******* genius

Tom Brady says hello.

There are really only 2 things to fault Schottenheimer for. one is the hurry up at the start of the game, but thats a Rex call. They went with a hunch and it did not work out. The other is going away from Greene when the game needed to be settled down and he was getting big run after big run. Everything else is on the players. Those guys wanted no part of the cold last night. Its the exact way the Bengals came out in week 17 last year in the Meadowlands. They went out into a crazy atmosphere in the cold and decided they wanted to be back on the bus. This team takes their cue from Rex and he panicked early and so did the rest of the team. The Jets had plays that could have kept the chains moving, but when the game still mattered Tomlinson dropped 2, Braylon dropped 2, Holmes dropped 1, and Smith made a bad play on 1. The rest of the time Sanchez threw the ball at peoples feet. Those guys were just unprepared and way too nervous to be out there. Im still in shock over it. They went into Indianapolis in a far bigger game than this and looked great for 28 minutes. Here they looked good at the coin toss and it went downhill from there.

im gonna have to disagree with you on one thing, they didn't even look good at the coin toss, now if a Victoria's Secret model was out there at the coin toss, then I'd agree with you.

Ha! Stop sniffing glue.

Tom Brady says hello.

JIF you dont have to tell me about Tom Brady I think hes the best QB ever along side Joe Montana but he has a coach who uses his strengths. He saw that brady needed to go back to the short ball control passing game. He dumped Moss Traded for Branch and Picked up Woodhead then he proceeded to change the entire offensive philosophy which the players had to adapt too and he puled it off flawlessly. Do you ever see sh*tty even sniffing that kind of coaching ??? Or do you just see him sniffing glue with CTM ? :blink:

Nice Post Jason I agree with all of it but I would like to add the 2 mistakes you pointed out and faulted Shotty for were huge and yes rex has some blame as well on this day. The challenege flag could have been the worst challenge I have ever seen. WTF was he thinking in such a big game throwing a flag on that play .

JIF you dont have to tell me about Tom Brady I think hes the best QB ever along side Joe Montana but he has a coach who uses his strengths. He saw that brady needed to go back to the short ball control passing game. He dumped Moss Traded for Branch and Picked up Woodhead then he proceeded to change the entire offensive philosophy which the players had to adapt too and he puled it off flawlessly. Do you ever see sh*tty even sniffing that kind of coaching ??? Or do you just see him sniffing glue with CTM ? :blink:

Its not hard to play to Tom Brady's strengths. Especially when you've coached him to 3 SB's during your 10 years of working together.

Its very hard to play to Mark Sanchez's strengths because you have no ******* clue what they are...lmfao.

Rex certainly approved it.. but i still don't know it was a bad strategy.. this is a team that is dreadful against the rush and Sanchez has been comign into his own particularly in the hurry up.. I liked it..

I have to admit it's scary how smart BB is. As Smashmouth posted above BB, who is pretty much also the GM (I don't know if they even bother with an actual GM or Assistant coaches out there) as well as OC and DC, changed the entire offense around for his QB. He then stuck with his guns as Brady underperformed for several games and everyone thought he was crazy to trade away Moss. Brady is now rewarding BB's faith in him. Brady was also smart in how he handled the whole Moss trade, he never actually called out BB on it and played the good soldier.

Meanwhile out here our OC grumbles about bringing in a HoF QB and is busy trying to undermine him by claiming he's too stupid to pick up the offense and that it shouldn't be changed just for him. Yet Schitty's offense is proven to not work, whereas Favre has proven he knows what he's sort of doing in his career. Sure Favre will make his stupid mistakes and right now is totally done, but he's also capable with the right talent, with a training camp, and when he's healthy. Also when he's not an old fossil, which he is now.

I honestly believe that if Schitty had Peyton Manning, Andre Johnson, Roddy White and Antonio Gates on the same team he'd still put in Brad Smith and throw to J-Co because he'd think that would fool opposing defenses. I would like to see Schitty as the OC of the Pro Bowl team because I honestly think it'd expose how truly bad he is to everyone that has yet to figure it out.

On paper the Jets simply have too much talent to be this bad.

This schedule coming up is brutal. Pitt and Chicago in back to back weeks look like losses honestly. SOJ might lose to Miami and then win one of the 2 against those two, then probably lose to the Bills and back in.

Nice Post Jason I agree with all of it but I would like to add the 2 mistakes you pointed out and faulted Shotty for were huge and yes rex has some blame as well on this day. The challenege flag could have been the worst challenge I have ever seen. WTF was he thinking in such a big game throwing a flag on that play .

Wait...Jason just said all the same sh*t that CTM and I have been saying...but his is a great post and you agree with it all?

What?

He is terrible with challanges and game decisions in general.. Makes me know his big dumb fat guy thing isn't really an act..

What he's got going for him is his players <3 him like crusher loves bacon grease

Archived