Sanchez started out with 8 TDs and 0 INt's

Blackout

Well for one they aren't running the ball as much. A few good passing games and Schotty starts throwing the ball more. It's just higher margin for error.

Shonn and LT need to run the ball like 15 times each. Shonn gets better with more carries. The defense is on the field a bit too long. When the Jets run, Keller gets open more because the linebackers start to get worn down.

RUN THE BALL

Well for one they aren't running the ball as much. A few good passing games and Schotty starts throwing the ball more. It's just higher margin for error.

Shonn and LT need to run the ball like 15 times each. Shonn gets better with more carries. The defense is on the field a bit too long. When the Jets run, Keller gets open more because the linebackers start to get worn down.

RUN THE BALL

When you say Greene gets better with more carries do you mean injured?

Also, Jets are one of the best TOP teams in the league.

I think its just everything balancing out. He threw so many "should bes" during that stretch that it was due to change. He had 2 ogus ones in Green Bay and then against the Patriots he just totally regressed and stopped even thinking. Logically he should be somewhere in the 18 interception range this year and hes ahead of that pace. I wouldnt read too much into it.

no...I say it's all because of Cotchery being hurt so much (plus some dumb play calls during that timeframe)

This and it has happened both years. He started out both years well and by the third or fourth game he started tossing pics. Other than Cotchery not being 100% it's either DC's get film on him and are able to put guys in better position or Schotty's play calling is so predictable kinda the same thing happens.

RUN THE BALL

Keller ? whos that ? :P

I do have one problem with our playcalling...and I actually heard the fat man on the radio say this first so I'll give him his credit...Jets seem to only use the deep ball and really start airing it out when they fall behind or if they really need points. Who that's on I don't know...WE ARE THE GROUND AND POUNDZ...but I'd like for them to do what they wanted to do against the Patriots (score early on, hope the D keeps us in the game on that side of the equation) without messing it up.

This and it has happened both years. He started out both years well and by the third or fourth game he started tossing pics.

What drops as the football season goes on and is likely to affect SoCal models more then guys who grew up in PA?

sancheztemp.png

Heres why: First pick cam in Denver, prior to that game the Jets had 163 rushing attempts and 149 passing attempts. Balanced offensive game plan that slightly favors the run. Starting with the Denver game the Jets have rushed the ball 233 times and thrown 250. This, in my humble opinion, is the big problem with the offense. We have to capable backs, an offensive line that rivals most in the league, and yet we have lost our identity. Schotty likes to get sooo cute and throw the ball all over the field when we should clearly be a run first team with a soph qb.

Meh...some of it is on Schottenheimer but he has a boss...a boss who loveth the groundz and the poundz.

You yourself believe that Sanchez can't play the short game at this point. The running game was literally the only positive on Monday night. Maybe that was a byproduct of what the Pats were doing on defense.. Idk. Teh grundz und pndz might not be a bad idea.

RUN THE BALL

Sanchez has thrown 12 more passes than Brady and completed 39 less. If that stat doesn't scream "run the football" I give up.

Blackout: Can you get off Cotchery's jock? The guy is a JAG (and I actually like him).

Remember all those dropped picks Sanchez had to start the season? Well, now they're getting caught. Not to mention, opposing defenses seem to know EXACTLY what's coming thanks to our stale playcalling.

this is very true

it was funny seeing us down in the 3rd quarter 31-3 and RUNNING ON BACK TO BACK PLAYS

it's like we just wanted to run that clock out and the other team was prepared to whatever SAnchez did

You yourself believe that Sanchez can't play the short game at this point. The running game was literally the only positive on Monday night. Maybe that was a byproduct of what the Pats were doing on defense.. Idk. Teh grundz und pndz might not be a bad idea.

Consider that Monday we were down 21 by the end of the first quarter against the best offense in the league...The Pats were not playing nor were they fearing the run.

Running the ball isn't bad...Just that the running game hasn't really been consistent this year (there was a 3-4 game stretch they averaged <4 YPC), and they've spent 4-5 draft picks and 50+ million dollars on having a passing game this year...Plus IMO the passing game has won and/or kept the Jets in more games this year than the run game.

That said, it's December and I expect the run game to make more of an impact...This is an OL/RBs time of the year.

Consider that Monday we were down 21 by the end of the first quarter against the best offense in the league...The Pats were not playing nor were they fearing the run.

Running the ball isn't bad...Just that the running game hasn't really been consistent this year (there was a 3-4 game stretch they averaged <4 YPC), and they've spent 4-5 draft picks and 50+ million dollars on having a passing game this year...Plus IMO the passing game has won and/or kept the Jets in more games this year than the run game.

That said, it's December and I expect the run game to make more of an impact...This is an OL/RBs time of the year.

In the one or two possessions we had before it was a laugher the running game looked ok. Once again, might have just been the Pats defense though.

Agree on the passing game winning more games than the run this year. Although, early in the year (up until about the Vikings game) the run game was effective and complimenting the pass very nicely. 50 million or not, asking Nacho to win us 10 games through the air probably isn't the best idea. Physically beating up on Miami and holding the ball for 35 minutes or so will do alot to sooth everybody's feelings IMO.

We've got a veteran line and a quality pair of backs. This is when they have to get the ground game going. Especially until Nacho proves he can play in the cold.

In the one or two possessions we had before it was a laugher the running game looked ok. Once again, might have just been the Pats defense though.

Agree on the passing game winning more games than the run this year. Although, early in the year (up until about the Vikings game) the run game was effective and complimenting the pass very nicely. 50 million or not, asking Nacho to win us 10 games through the air probably isn't the best idea. Physically beating up on Miami and holding the ball for 35 minutes or so will do alot to sooth everybody's feelings IMO.

We've got a veteran line and a quality pair of backs. This is when they have to get the ground game going. Especially until Nacho proves he can play in the cold.

Cheers...I totally see this happening.

Sanchez has thrown 12 more passes than Brady and completed 39 less. If that stat doesn't scream "run the football" I give up.

Blackout: Can you get off Cotchery's jock? The guy is a JAG (and I actually like him).

Here's the difference. Sanchez, while good, is still young. They need to run the ball. As good as Tom Brady is and was, the Patriots still ran the ball when he was younger. Antoine Smith and Corey Dillon balanced out the offense. It's not chronic, but Schotty needs to refocus on the run game

Archived