Joe Klecko, on SNY, doesn't mince words in ripping Brian Schottenheimer for calls, Mark Sanchez, too

Jetfan13

His playing days were marked by fierce pass rushes. Who knew Joe Klecko would be even more devastating behind a microphone? Who knew he would shift his mouth into high gear in an all-out assault on the Jets, his former team?

By no means is Klecko the first former player-turned-announcer to target a team he once played for. The difference here is the intensity. Mouths who played for teams, then wind up yakking about them, pull punches. They will only go so far. Klecko has separated himself from that squeamish pack.

For the past three weeks, on SportsNet New York's Jets postgame show, Klecko has been destroying Brian Schottenheimer's play calling. It appears Klecko would rather see the Jets' offensive coordinator in another line of work - like plumbing.

After the Jets' loss to Miami on Sunday, Klecko went after Schottenheimer again. He also dropped big bombs on Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan.

"Sanchez really didn't come to play," said Klecko, who gave the QB a grade of "F" for his performance. "But there's nobody around (Sanchez) who picked him up. He doesn't have a go-to guy to sustain drives. ... You have to lay that on Schottenheimer.

"This is not the same guy (Sanchez) we have watched," Klecko said. "His coaching staff is hurting him."

Klecko said the Jets' offense is "too predictable" and wondered if Ryan is capable of putting the pieces together down the stretch.

"You can hear it in his (Ryan's) voice. He doesn't know what to do right now," Klecko said. "He doesn't know where the protection fallouts come from. He doesn't know what happens on the breakdowns. He doesn't know why this happened to him. He can't envision what is happening to his football team."

Saying it didn't exactly do much for the quarterback's confidence, Klecko banged Ryan for going public about considering benching Sanchez on Sunday.

Another thing: Klecko's opinions are delivered with a serious look. In fact, he's kind of scary. This must be why his partners, Brian Custer, Adam Schein and Ray Lucas, don't dare interrupt him.

"You can hear it in his (Ryan's) voice. He doesn't know what to do right now," Klecko said. "He doesn't know where the protection fallouts come from. He doesn't know what happens on the breakdowns. He doesn't know why this happened to him. He can't envision what is happening to his football team."

This wouldnt be a big problem had fatso been humble on the upside. 9-4 isnt bad, but it is awful if you're some kind of super team THAT HE MADE. now he's gonna have to fix the fragile mentality of this team. maybe get them some ice packs and start getting them pissed off instead of laughing all the time.

Hey Jim, Im curious, have you ever liked one of our coaches/??? lol

There's only one Jet coach I have never second guessed..lol

Seriously Al, had not been saying they are a great team all this time and said we have accomplished nothing this year 9-4 wouldn't be doom and gloom. would it? the problem is he himself and all the players and coaches bought into his bull sh*t. and now..lol..he looks like a lost puppy. every team has swoons in the NFL, but its how you bounce back that shows how good you really are.

His playing days were marked by fierce pass rushes. Who knew Joe Klecko would be even more devastating behind a microphone? Who knew he would shift his mouth into high gear in an all-out assault on the Jets, his former team?

By no means is Klecko the first former player-turned-announcer to target a team he once played for. The difference here is the intensity. Mouths who played for teams, then wind up yakking about them, pull punches. They will only go so far. Klecko has separated himself from that squeamish pack.

For the past three weeks, on SportsNet New York's Jets postgame show, Klecko has been destroying Brian Schottenheimer's play calling. It appears Klecko would rather see the Jets' offensive coordinator in another line of work - like plumbing.

After the Jets' loss to Miami on Sunday, Klecko went after Schottenheimer again. He also dropped big bombs on Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan.

"Sanchez really didn't come to play," said Klecko, who gave the QB a grade of "F" for his performance. "But there's nobody around (Sanchez) who picked him up. He doesn't have a go-to guy to sustain drives. ... You have to lay that on Schottenheimer.

"This is not the same guy (Sanchez) we have watched," Klecko said. "His coaching staff is hurting him."

Klecko said the Jets' offense is "too predictable" and wondered if Ryan is capable of putting the pieces together down the stretch.

Saying it didn't exactly do much for the quarterback's confidence, Klecko banged Ryan for going public about considering benching Sanchez on Sunday.

Another thing: Klecko's opinions are delivered with a serious look. In fact, he's kind of scary. This must be why his partners, Brian Custer, Adam Schein and Ray Lucas, don't dare interrupt him.

This is almost exactly what I said in my thread about Rex losing the team..its is clear the Rex does not have control of this team right now. What I am pissed at is you cant talk BS about your team and by him doing that has placed a giant target on the Jets. Ok so that is the way Rex is, however he needs to take control and get this fixed because he is the HC...if he does not have the answers, then the Jets need to go in another direction fast. I am sick and tired of these types of late year falls. Its BS.

I say lets see what happens against Pitt, lets see if Rex and the OC learned something. Lets see a solid game for once by the entire team, which means they practiced well and were prepared to play at a high level. This is the HC job!!!

Seriously Al, had not been saying they are a great team all this time and said we have accomplished nothing this year 9-4 wouldn't be doom and gloom. would it? the problem is he himself and all the players and coaches bought into his bull sh*t. and now..lol..he looks like a lost puppy. every team has swoons in the NFL, but its how you bounce back that shows how good you really are.

Joe is right on the mark- Sanchez is struggling and the team and coaches are not exactly helping him out.

wait a minute Jim, you never second guessed Parcells for not having a back up QB in 1999?

wait a minute Jim, you never second guessed Parcells for not having a back up QB in 1999?

Um yeah, Mirer was a huge mistake. I take that back.

Listen, all the people whining (Klecko and Sperm) would still have an embarrassment of a franchise if it wasnt for him. nobody could have fixed Kotites mess except him.

BP: Back in my day, when Parcells was running the show, the streets were paved in gold and all the lakes, rivers and oceans of the world were made of chocolate. Our victories were plentiful, and just mentioning his name caused women to fall into an aphrodisiacal trance. Ahh, how I wish to go back to these times, when draft picks were commodities to collect and, when used, succeed at a 32 % rate. Why, oh why, is there a fat man now telling me to believe in my team. I don't care that he's about to lead my beloved Parcells-Jets to the postseason for a second straight season, my true love is gone, missing, never to return. Perhaps after his time eloping with some mistress in southern Florida he has grown weary of travels and longs for the days of old when we frolicked in the fields, laughing together. Some day, perhaps my love will return. Come home, Bill Parcells, come home.

BP: Back in my day, when Parcells was running the show, the streets were paved in gold and all the lakes, rivers and oceans of the world were made of chocolate. Our victories were plentiful, and just mentioning his name caused women to fall into an aphrodisiacal trance. Ahh, how I wish to go back to these times, when draft picks were commodities to collect and, when used, succeed at a 32 % rate. Why, oh why, is there a fat man now telling me to believe in my team. I don't care that he's about to lead my beloved Parcells-Jets to the postseason for a second straight season, my true love is gone, missing, never to return. Perhaps after his time eloping with some mistress in southern Florida he has grown weary of travels and longs for the days of old when we frolicked in the fields, laughing together. Some day, perhaps my love will return. Come home, Bill Parcells, come home.

I do miss the Huggies references.

But more than that, I miss the coaches below him being elite to make him look 1000x smarter than he actually was.

Um yeah, Mirer was a huge mistake. I take that back.

Listen, all the people whining (Klecko and Sperm) would still have an embarrassment of a franchise if it wasnt for him. nobody could have fixed Kotites mess except him.

All parcell's did was take a hopeless franchise that everyone would know would lose every year to one that fools you into believing that will win and then falls flat. He did nothing but make the team more valuable for the owner. He won nothing and left without winning anything.

He's like a really hot chick that everyone thinks will be great in bed and when you finally bed her she gives you the best blojwob you ever head but bites your cock off before you cum.

resized_rexmets.jpg

All you have to do is look at jetfan80's sig to explain his two loves. 2 embarrassment's wrapped up in one fat package.

All parcell's did was take a hopeless franchise that everyone would know would lose every year to one that fools you into believing that will win and then falls flat. He did nothing but make the team more valuable for the owner. He won nothing and left without winning anything.

He's like a really hot chick that everyone thinks will be great in bed and when you finally bed her she gives you the best blojwob you ever head but bites your cock off before you cum.

Maybe some of these young guys like jetfan80 should relive 1995 and 96. it couldn't hurt.

He left because of Hess dying and Woody being a douche. if we could have been able to revive Hess he would have stayed.

Maybe some of these young guys like jetfan80 should relive 1995 and 96. it couldn't hurt.

He left because of Hess dying and Woody being a douche. if we could have been able to revive Hess he would have stayed.

After leaving the Giants he specialized in near misses. Did nothing for us. Did nothing for the Cowboys. Did nothing for Miami. Mo Lewis did more for the Patriots than he did. Guy's been living off the Giants wins and has done nothing but line his pockets.

he has butterfly's coming out of his a$$ when he sees Schotty :lol:

Hey - thats my line! But you're welcome to it bro, especially if it's in any form of negative reference to our "scapegoat" OC. I just can't say enough bad things about him.

After leaving the Giants he specialized in near misses. Did nothing for us. Did nothing for the Cowboys. Did nothing for Miami. Mo Lewis did more for the Patriots than he did. Guy's been living off the Giants wins and has done nothing but line his pockets.

His expertise was rebuilding failed franchises after the Giants. NE and the Jets were the worst teams in the league when he took over. the Jets had no workout facility, no off season conditioning program or practice bubble until he came in. they were totally clueless. those are all in place now and have been only since hes been here. he built the foudation and saved the franchise.

Quit stealing my material!

Trust me, I appreciate what Parcells did. I became a Jets fan in his first year and remained a fan in my young years because of him. I easily could be a Giants fan right now if not for Parcells.

But its not 1997 anymore, nor was he a perfect coach. Time to move on, not long for the past. That was what I was getting at.

Archived