Mark Brunell

LWC611

While I can honestly say I was against picking up Brunell , the wisdom was that he was being brought in to mentor Sanchez.

So the question I have for those of you that were comfortable with this approach is, what is the mentor doing? Sometimes I see the mentor, some times I do not. Sanchez is very inconsistent (even during the wins), he has flashes of brilliance and utter ineptness in the same game, sometimes on the same drive. When he was on the sidelines against the Dolphins where was the mentor.....There were times Sunday where Sanchez looked lost, and his mentor did not appear to be anywhere around to guide him....If Brunell is to be a coach in pads then he needs to do his job.

I am tired of the shots on the sidelines where Sanchez has this what the @#%# happened look on his face. They seem to be all too common. His Mentor should be in his face whenever he comes off of the field. They should be looking at pictures, whatever it takes, can anyone tell me what the Mentor is doing?

While I can honestly say I was against picking up Brunell , the wisdom was that he was being brought in to mentor Sanchez.

So the question I have for those of you that were comfortable with this approach is, what is the mentor doing? Sometimes I see the mentor, some times I do not. Sanchez is very inconsistent (even during the wins), he has flashes of brilliance and utter ineptness in the same game, sometimes on the same drive. When he was on the sidelines against the Dolphins where was the mentor.....There were times Sunday where Sanchez looked lost, and his mentor did not appear to be anywhere around to guide him....If Brunell is to be a coach in pads then he needs to do his job.

I am tired of the shots on the sidelines where Sanchez has this what the @#%# happened look on his face. They seem to be all too common. His Mentor should be in his face whenever he comes off of the field. They should be looking at pictures, whatever it takes, can anyone tell me what the Mentor is doing?

Judging by Hard Knocks, he seems to be more of a calming presence who levels off Sanchez when he gets too down on himself. Not sure how much of this he did the last 2 games.

I heard somewhere that he and Sanchez are watching the game film from this past weekend one on one.

Judging by Hard Knocks, he seems to be more of a calming presence who levels off Sanchez when he gets too down on himself. Not sure how much of this he did the last 2 games.

I heard somewhere that he and Sanchez are watching the game film from this past weekend one on one.

I hope they do that with all of the games. It is during the game that Brunell seems to be strangely absent, especially during the rough patches.

Brunell was squating in front of Sanchez talking on the bench several times Sunday. If anything I was thinking too often.

I do not have season tickets, so I watch on TV. I did not see alot of that at all. Why do you say it happened too often?

I do not have season tickets, so I watch on TV. I did not see alot of that at all. Why do you say it happened too often?

Rex should have put Brunell in!!!! When Sanchez had a pre-recorded Christmas Greeting on the big screen and we were booing that would be a signal to yank him, Heck Brunells' daughter could have done a better job and at least she is hot.

I watched it on a laptop computer and I know that it happened at least twice by the time he'd fumbled. Fouts isn't the most observant dude and they probably gave up on showing it, but I stopped looking after the first quarter and it was shown a couple of times at least.

I watched it on a laptop computer and I know that it happened at least twice by the time he'd fumbled.

Dom - you really need to invest in S-video or HDMI cables. You could be throwing sh*t at the regular TV and save wear and tear on your laptop.

Here's an article that talks about the European conversions. http://compnetworking.about.com/od/consumerelectronicsnetworks/a/connect-pc-tv.htm

I hope they do that with all of the games. It is during the game that Brunell seems to be strangely absent, especially during the rough patches.

In all fairness to Brunell, the WHOLE TEAM has been strangely absent during the rough patches.

In addition, Brunell is a backup player, not a coach. The fact that we are even discussing ways in which Brunell is not over-compensating for the lack of coaching Sanchez gets from Schotty, Rex, Cavanaugh and Callahan is an indictment of the coaching staff, not the Stetson Man.

Dom - you really need to invest in S-video or HDMI cables. You could be throwing sh*t at the regular TV and save wear and tear on your laptop.

Here's an article that talks about the European conversions. http://compnetworking.about.com/od/consumerelectronicsnetworks/a/connect-pc-tv.htm

Thanks. Last season here. I'll be cursing at the television in NY next year. The problem is that it often freezes up when I increase the size. AFN shows almost all the games - they jumped to the Jets from the Pats around halftime this week.

Just wondering, why is Brunell expected to do the job that should be Cavanaugh's responsibility. Anything we get out of Brunell is gravy in terms of teaching.

**** that, why are so many coaches/players responsible for keeping Sanchez's moral high? I mean, how big of a pussy is this kid? Jezzus. I've never in my life heard of anything like this. Grow a ******* pair already and stop being such a little whinny bitch on the sidelines.

I'm so over this ******* kid and his fragile sensitive nature its not even funny. I've never seen such a professional athlete a QB nonetheless, lack such emotional intelligence that he looks like somebody took his favorite toy from him on the sideline after every bad series.

**** sake, buck up. It should be on Sanchez to pick the rest of the team, not vice versa. He's the leader. The idea that Brunell is around to pick him up when he's down is embarrassing.

**** that, why are so many coaches/players responsible for keeping Sanchez's moral high? I mean, how big of a pussy is this kid? Jezzus. I've never in my life heard of anything like this. Grow a ******* pair already and stop being such a little whinny bitch on the sidelines.

I'm so over this ******* kid and his fragile sensitive nature its not even funny. I've never seen such a professional athlete a QB nonetheless, lack such emotional intelligence that he looks like somebody took his favorite toy from him on the sideline after every bad series.

**** sake, buck up. It should be on Sanchez to pick the rest of the team, not vice versa. He's the leader. The idea that Brunell is around to pick him up when he's down is embarrassing.

That's not what I was saying. I was talking purely on the teaching aspect. I don't hold a high opinion of Cavanaugh. We're basically asking Brunell to do the QB coach's job.

The emotional aspect I agree with you. The kid has to grow the **** up and be a leader. It's not about him, it's about the team.

He's like a Mexican A-Rod.

Sorry, just needed to vent and I guess I see Brunell here to be more of a mental supporter than a teacher and it bothers me.

He's like a Mexican A-Rod.

Yes, except A-Rod is good at his sport.

Which goes back to my original premise. Brunell was brought in to mentor not play, which was my problem with it all along. If Rex seriously thought about benching Sanchez on sunday, Brunell is not a great alternative, but he is the only choice... That does not mnake me feel better as a fan...

who better to teach the kid how to play with bad knees and a hangover!

Disagree, Joe was a masterminded QB who used the skills he had to win games. What has Brunell won or accomplished in the NFL. Brunell as a backup was a sh*tty dumb decision by this organization.

Disagree, Joe was a masterminded QB who used the skills he had to win games. What has Brunell won or accomplished in the NFL. Brunell as a backup was a sh*tty dumb decision by this organization.

I can never argue that he was a terrible QB because he did bring this franchise its only championship, but I would not say he was a mastermind. I was not even a thought when he played, but after reading his book and talking with people who saw him play its hard to think of him as a mastermind.

Before getting Brunell I wanted Chad as a back-up/mentor to Sanchez...The one thing you can't teach is arm strength and that is probably the only part of Pennington's game that was missing

I can never argue that he was a terrible QB because he did bring this franchise its only championship, but I would not say he was a mastermind. I was not even a thought when he played, but after reading his book and talking with people who saw him play its hard to think of him as a mastermind.

Before getting Brunell I wanted Chad as a back-up/mentor to Sanchez...The one thing you can't teach is arm strength and that is probably the only part of Pennington's game that was missing

I saw Joe Namath play. I saw Joe complete passes that were unbelievable. I saw Joe develop a relationship with is team and made them believe in themselves even when the odds were against them. I dont see 1 ounce of leadership in Mark Sanchez.

I saw Joe Namath play. I saw Joe complete passes that were unbelievable. I saw Joe develop a relationship with is team and made them believe in themselves even when the odds were against them. I dont see 1 ounce of leadership in Mark Sanchez.

I can definitely see Namath as a leader, and that is something Sanchez needs to become because you are right, he displays very few leadership qualities

Are you suggesting Joe should be our backup QB? What are you even ranting about... Brunell was a bad choice as backup because he is spent as a player, not because he can't coach. What the **** is wrong with you people harping on the backup QB for not coaching Sanchez up enough?

Listen to yourselves.

Are you suggesting Joe should be our backup QB? What are you even ranting about... Brunell was a bad choice as backup because he is spent as a player, not because he can't coach. What the **** is wrong with you people harping on the backup QB for not coaching Sanchez up enough?

Listen to yourselves.

Joe Namath as a QBs coach. Not a backup geez. Sober up already.

Joe Namath as a QBs coach. Not a backup geez. Sober up already.

In the same sentence you praised Namath, and hated on Brunell. I know what you meant. I'm just busting your chops because it reads differently than how you meant it.

Now, chop busting aside, I can say without question that Joe Namath is not a dick slapper.... therefore he has no place on this team at this time, given that this team unequivocally a slapdick team.

In the same sentence you praised Namath, and hated on Brunell. I know what you meant. I'm just busting your chops because it reads differently than how you meant it.

Now, chop busting aside, I can say without question that Joe Namath is not a dick slapper.... therefore he has no place on this team at this time, given that this team unequivocally a slapdick team.

:bwahaharoll:

Here, ****ing Here!

Are you high? The man's like 80...and he prefers to drink.

I can see it now....

Namath: Now listen kid, enough about this bullsh*t about body language and foam bats and grabass stuff. I'm a Super Bowl QB, I know what I'm talking about.

Sanchez: Yes sir, I understand.

Namath: Here, have some scotch. Now listen, you're taking your left hand off the ball too much, you're going to have a lot of fumbles that way. Also, you're not making throws on the run like you used to. Also....have you seen a grown man naked?

Sanchez: ......Que?

Archived