Report: Brett Favre likely to be fined...

THE ILK

FOX Sports reports that the Vikings quarterback is expected to be fined over the Jenn Sterger scandal.

DA5C3482349B3EEE8ED16553FE367.jpg

Favre facing fine in Sterger mess

Jay Glazer Updated Dec 29, 2010 11:34 AM ET

The most disturbing sideshow of this NFL season is finally coming to a close.

Commissioner Roger Goodell is likely to fine, but not suspend, Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre over the Jenn Sterger fiasco, FOXSports.com has learned. The ruling is expected to come as soon as Wednesday but no later than Thursday.

The league wanted to make a ruling before the end of the season but did not want to do it on New Year's Day.

The NFL was still interviewing and gathering information on the case as recently as last week.

Sterger, a former New York Jets media personality, had claimed Favre sexually harassed her when both were with the New York franchise in 2008.

Favre allegedly sent Sterger inappropriate text and phone messages, as well as photos of his genitalia. The allegations were first reported by Deadspin.com.

Favre admitted to leaving Sterger voice messages but denied sending her lewd photographs.

The NFL's investigation began in October, but the league did not talk directly with Sterger until Nov. 11.

In recent weeks, Sterger's camp had expressed concern a decision would not be forthcoming before the end of the regular season. Favre has said repeatedly this would be his final season. And while the 41-year-old quarterback has made that claim previously — not to mention, frequently — in his career, there is ample reason to believe him this time.

Unlike last year, when Favre was an MVP candidate and helped lead the Vikings to the NFC title game, this season has been much more difficult. With Favre struggling, the Vikings got off to a 3-7 start, resulting in the firing of head coach Brad Childress.

Favre has also had a hard time staying healthy this year. His NFL-record streak of 297 consecutive starts came to an end Dec. 13 because of a shoulder injury. Favre would return one week later against the Bears but was knocked out of that game — as well as Tuesday night's victory against the Eagles — with a concussion.

So as time was running out on the Vikings' season, there was legitimate reason to think Favre might not be around in 2011 to serve any potential penalty.

Instead, Wednesday's development will likely send Favre into retirement on a decidedly low note.

Love it. Give Favre an official, if nominal, punishment and put the ball back in Sterger's court. Now, when Sterger inevitably files her civil suit, she'll basically be admitting that the entire thing was nothing but the most pathetic shakedown ever attempted.

Are insinuating that every move by Ms. Jennifer Sterger, dating all the way back to front row seats at Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium with her breasts ridiculously hanging out, has been a calculated move to garner attention and turn said attention into financial gain??????

How dare you? LOL

I am comfortable in my Wrangler jeans. Preferrably, pulled down to the ankles.

Actually .... if you were sitting on a dumpster in vacant parking lot near the port authority in the good ole days ... mid calf was sufficient ...

And I read it wasn't even for the conduct, it was for not cooperating during the investigation. So basically, they're fine with what he did, but because he didn't cooperate with them, they had an issue with that. Complete bullsh*t.

Are insinuating that every move by Ms. Jennifer Sterger, dating all the way back to front row seats at Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium with her breasts ridiculously hanging out, has been a calculated move to garner attention and turn said attention into financial gain??????

How dare you? LOL

I'm going to try the same thing this summer at WNBA games. If I can stomach being around those sweaty amazons long enough, I'm totally going to use my surgically-enhanced penis to extort one of them.

I'm going to try the same thing this summer at WNBA games. If I can stomach being around those sweaty amazons long enough, I'm totally going to use my surgically-enhanced penis to extort one of them.

You mean Miss Sterger will not be resuming her life of silence and prayer as a nun in a cloister?

As far as harassing WNBA players, suspect they might be more interested in Oprah, Ellen and Rosie than any male attention.

There is not bigger waste of marketing dollars than the NBA propping up their womens league.

Women don't care at all. Men's sports fans aren't watching it. But when you pay Stephon Marbury $20 million to do nothing, you can justify spending your money on almost anything.If Stephon Marbury happened to find himself with a snow shovel in front of my house Monday afternoon(and we both live in Brooklyn, so you never know), would be concerned that giving him $25 for an hour's worth of shoveling might be a questionable expense.

You mean Miss Sterger will not be resuming her life of silence and prayer as a nun in a cloister?

As far as harassing WNBA players, suspect they might be more interested in Oprah, Ellen and Rosie than any male attention.

There is not bigger waste of marketing dollars than the NBA propping up their womens league.

Women don't care at all. Men's sports fans aren't watching it. But when you pay Stephon Marbury $20 million to do nothing, you can justify spending your money on almost anything.If Stephon Marbury happened to find himself with a snow shovel in front of my house Monday afternoon(and we both live in Brooklyn, so you never know), would be concerned that giving him $25 for an hour's worth of shoveling might be a questionable expense.

:D

He'll shovel half of it, then proclaim himself the best shoveler in the league. Then he'll stop shovelling.

I havent read much into this stuff, but I'm confused about how there isnt enough evidence.

Cant these things be traced rather simply?

Only if you want them to be ;)

Goodell obviously wanted this to go away and chose the path of least resistance. It should've been easy to prove the info came from his phone, but it's just the league caving into the diva again. Goodell loses a lot of credibility here. It's not like he had much to begin with anyway.

Archived