Fins To Keep Sparano

SoFlaJets

Report: Miami Dolphins to keep Tony Sparano

Dec

12/30/2010 8:09:33 AM | More

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports Dolphins consultant Bill Parcells has convinced Dolphins owner Stephen Ross to keep Tony Sparano as coach, according to a report by former Raiders executive Mike Lombardi.

Lombardi reported on Inside the NFL on Wednesday night that the Dolphins will keep Sparano, but likely will hire a new offensive coordinator to replace Dan Henning.

Lombardi cushions his report by saying that “things could change with a bad loss in New England, but for right now, Tony Sparano is due to stay.”

Lombardi mentioned Gary Kubiak as a potential candidate for the offensive coordinator job if he's fired by the Houston Texans. He also mentioned former Denver coach Josh McDaniels, who traded Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins this past offseason.

Sparano was asked by Boston-area reporters if he expects to coach the Dolphins next season. ``That's a question for somebody else, not for me right now,'' he said.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported earlier this week that Sparano is expected to be fired after the Dolphins season ends Sunday.

Report: Miami Dolphins to keep Tony Sparano

Dec

12/30/2010 8:09:33 AM | More

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports Dolphins consultant Bill Parcells has convinced Dolphins owner Stephen Ross to keep Tony Sparano as coach, according to a report by former Raiders executive Mike Lombardi.

Lombardi reported on Inside the NFL on Wednesday night that the Dolphins will keep Sparano, but likely will hire a new offensive coordinator to replace Dan Henning.

Lombardi cushions his report by saying that “things could change with a bad loss in New England, but for right now, Tony Sparano is due to stay.”

Lombardi mentioned Gary Kubiak as a potential candidate for the offensive coordinator job if he's fired by the Houston Texans. He also mentioned former Denver coach Josh McDaniels, who traded Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins this past offseason.

Sparano was asked by Boston-area reporters if he expects to coach the Dolphins next season. ``That's a question for somebody else, not for me right now,'' he said.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported earlier this week that Sparano is expected to be fired after the Dolphins season ends Sunday.

Dolphins 24

Pats 21

The woooof shows up for his coach.

Mister I Live And Die By The Feild Goal. Just yesterday on the Miami sports talk show some guy was complaining about Miami's 2 minute drill and how they are throwing 6 yard passes with under 2 minutes to go needing 75 yards for a score. The guys says "throw it downfiled if you get intercepted so what". I agree with him and that's why Sunday's loss didn't hurt as bad; at least we went for it and were a few inches away from another Sanchez to Holmes game winning TD. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture and see HOW you are winning and losing, it's like someone said in another thread this morning, the talent level in this league is so close-there are no gimmees

Mister I Live And Die By The Feild Goal. Just yesterday on the Miami sports talk show some guy was complaining about Miami's 2 minute drill and how they are throwing 6 yard passes with under 2 minutes to go needing 75 yards for a score. The guys says "throw it downfiled if you get intercepted so what". I agree with him and that's why Sunday's loss didn't hurt as bad; at least we went for it and were a few inches away from another Sanchez to Holmes game winning TD. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture and see HOW you are winning and losing, it's like someone said in another thread this morning, the talent level in this league is so close-there are no gimmees

I agree with this 100%. I was disappointed when Sanchez threw the pick, but as SFJ said a few more inches and Sanchez is a hero. Safety made a good read.

I’m really surprised by this report on Sparano. The Fish fans down here, (the two that are left) are really howling for his head. Also think this is great news. I was sure Ross was going to go for a high profile HC like Cowher, or Chucky.

Hope they beat NE to seal the deal

i'm so sick of his fist pumping. This was BY FAR the most boring season of Dolphins football i have ever watched.

it has been Herman Edwards-esque hasn't it Ang? I mean playing not to lose sucks for the fans and half the time comes back to bite you in the a$$.

I'll believe it when I see it. This reeks of one of those kiss-of-death vote of confidence things. Not only will Sparano cost them wins, they'll cost them any chance at fixing Henne, and (most importantly) no one is buying a ticket to see Sparano coach a game, and Gruden and Cowher are sitting out there waiting for jobs.

it has been Herman Edwards-esque hasn't it Ang? I mean playing not to lose sucks for the fans and half the time comes back to bite you in the a$$.

yup, if we keep Tony we have another year of check-downs coming up. Disgusting. There are gonna be alot of good coaches avaiable this offseason too and were gonna blow it.

All I can sya is WOW:

Yes, Ryan's record shows he's a winner. His team might get to the playoffs and that is very important. But is it the most important thing? In this case, the most important thing is honor and respect.In this comparison, give me Tony Sparano.

BWAHAHAHA.. so go lose honorably you fargin icehole...

And Parcells gets to **** them again from afar...priceless. Did you know Parcells is scheduled to make $4 mill a year from the phags through 2012? And he is talking to the 9'ers about being THEIR consultant on a GM search? As many of us said 3 years ago, BP has always been about the dollar and nothing else.

Henning owns Rex and he'll be the scapegoat. C'mon. Does Mario really scare you? He's a slightly more intelligent Herm.

He owns Rex...and the Jets in general. He shouldnt scare me, he doesnt scare me, but he owns the Jets. I dont like that. Sweeping the Dolpahgs brings me joy and we havent done that since Mario has been there.

Archived