Nobody noticed that Belichick referred to the PAts as "AFC Champs" yesterday?

Blackout

AFC East Champs....and the number 1 seed :rolleyes:

And I will pay someone to find me a link where BB says he is "here to win and that's exactly what we are going to do."

I'll try...I'm about to go play some hoops...but I'll give it a sec before I leave.

But I promise on my life, I was watching pregames yesterday and they had an interview with him on NFLN...and he said those exact words. I was actually going to start a thread about it...lol

AFC East Champs....and the number 1 seed :rolleyes:

And I will pay someone to find me a link where BB says he is "here to win and that's exactly what we are going to do."

Here you go cutie pie. One of these days you will learn to trust me...and love will soon follow.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2144904/belichick-moss-time-move

A little out of context.

How is that out of context?

Did he or did he not say, "we are here to win and thats what we are going to do."

Did he or did he not say, "they stepped up and played like the AFC Champions that they are."

Thats a little Bravado from BB. Good for him. I like it. It actually made a minute of him talking bearable instead of feeling like a 10 minute ramble.

yea and if Rex Ryan had spoken that way it would be all over the TV about all his false bravado. Last time I checked the Pats hadn't won anything yet this year

The difference is that Rex Ryan would have said it out loud. Bill Belichick said it while facing away from the microphone with a sweatshirt sleeve stuffed in his mouth. Hard to seem like you are boasting under those circumstances.

When we get by the Colts this Saturday...it will be interesting to see what he has got to say leading up to having to face us. Since nobody takes into account that aside from KC which they didnt face this year, we are the only AFC playoff team that had beaten them during the season. Everyone wants to look at the 45-3 game...but no one seems to care that we had beaten them once.

Probably because NE was a completely different team from Week 2 to Week 13.

Doesnt matter, we still beat them. The NFL experts have said that, but the reality is the end result, there is always a qualifier when the Jets do something good. They lost. If we beat them again, I predict the NFL experts will say something like, it was an off day for Brady or whatever.

How is that out of context?

Because BB was asked if he was giving up on this season.

Did he or did he not say, "we are here to win and thats what we are going to do."

Win what? The next game?

Belichick isnt anything like Rex.

Did he or did he not say, "they stepped up and played like the AFC Champions that they are."

Thats a little Bravado from BB. Good for him. I like it. It actually made a minute of him talking bearable instead of feeling like a 10 minute ramble.

Belichick also said that now every team is 0 - 0.

I think he meant AFCE Champs.

Because BB was asked if he was giving up on this season.

And instead of saying, "no". Or, "thats ridiculous"...he said, we are here to win and thats what we are going to do. Why didnt he take that last little piece out?

Win what? The next game?

Belichick isnt anything like Rex.

You dont say?

Belichick also said that now every team is 0 - 0.

I think he meant AFCE Champs.

You know him better than this...he said AFC Champs. BB picks what he says to the media very carefully. And BTW, who cares? Why try to spin it. He said it, its a little uncharacteristic. Showed some bravado. No big deal.

he's kissing his teams a$$ for playing well "like the AFC Champs they are"

now I think it's obvious he probably meant the #1 seed, but still what a dickhole lol

if you call him a dickhole for that what do you call Rex ? Dont get me wrong I love Rex and his positive attitude but ..Come On Man

And instead of saying, "no". Or, "thats ridiculous"...he said, we are here to win and thats what we are going to do. Why didnt he take that last little piece out?

So, the premise of every NFL teams is to win. He didnt predict an AFCE title, 14 - 2 or anything.

You dont say?

The only goal is to win one game nineteen times. Belichick has preached that for 11 seasons.

You know him better than this...he said AFC Champs. BB picks what he says to the media very carefully. And BTW, who cares? Why try to spin it. He said it, its a little uncharacteristic. Showed some bravado. No big deal.

He said every team is 0 - 0. They dont give the AFC title to a team with no post season wins. Is it possible that he meant to say AFCE Champs? Yes. Belichick would never give the next team in line ammo. Other teams do that and it backfires in their faces.

You know what I mean?

Archived