Harbaugh to the Niners

Matt39

When was the last time a College Coach moved to the NFL and made an impact? I guess he can't be worse the Singletary right?

It hasn't happened in over 20 yrs. BUT, Harbaugh is coaching in the NFC Worst, so that makes it easier. Heck, Carrol won the division at 7-9.

It hasn't happened in over 20 yrs. BUT, Harbaugh is coaching in the NFC Worst, so that makes it easier. Heck, Carrol won the division at 7-9.

Good point about the NFC West but I took a look at Harbaugh'e record as Stanford HC and it isn't pretty.

2007: 4-8

2008: 5-7

2009: 8-5*

2010: 12-1*

*Luck was the QB in those seasons and Oregon crushed Stanford 52-31 this season.

All the best San Fran. Have fun paying out $15 million when you fire Harbaugh in a couple of years.

Good point about the NFC West but I took a look at Harbaugh'e record as Stanford HC and it isn't pretty.

*Luck was the QB in those seasons and Oregon crushed Stanford 52-31 this season.

All the best San Fran. Have fun paying out $15 million when you fire Harbaugh in a couple of years.

You kidding me with this? Stanford was an awful program before Harbaugh took over. They went out and beat 2nd-ranked USC in that 2007 season in one of the greatest upsets in college football history. He took the Cardinal and turned them from a joke to a national title contender. How is his performance not "pretty"?

Yeah, cause Stanford was a perennial powerhouse before he took over?

And in case you haven't noticed, Oregon is pretty good this year. You should catch them this week, they're playing in a game called the national championship game.

You kidding me with this? Stanford was an awful program before Harbaugh took over. They went out and beat 2nd-ranked USC in that 2007 season in one of the greatest upsets in college football history. He took the Cardinal and turned them from a joke to a national title contender. How is his performance not "pretty"?

USC always lost a game in the Pac-10 that they should have won.

If San Fran wants to pay an unproven College guy $25 mill then good for them.

Dude, he took over a team that went 1-11 the year before he got there.

He's a great college coach but a lot of that also has to do with recruitment and his ability to motivate young kids which is much different then the NFL. He may work out but he is no way a sure fire hire that so many make him out to be. The fact that he received 5 mil a year and could have gotten 8 mil a year is ridiculous. He's already one of the highest paid head coaches in the league.

He's a great college coach but a lot of that also has to do with recruitment and his ability to motivate young kids which is much different then the NFL. He may work out but he is no way a sure fire hire that so many make him out to be. The fact that he received 5 mil a year and could have gotten 8 mil a year is ridiculous. He's already one of the highest paid head coaches in the league.

His brother is doing pretty damn well in the NFL without having to "recruit". Just sayin'.

Dude, he took over a team that went 1-11 the year before he got there.

So what? Did you take a look at the Pac-10 during his time at Stanford? Not exactly the most competitive conference I've ever seen.

I wish Harbaugh took the Dolphins job as that would be be 2 wins a year for both the Pats and Jets.

His brother is doing pretty damn well in the NFL without having to "recruit". Just sayin'.

So since they are brothers they are equal as coaches? That is an idiotic statement, just because you are related to someone doesn't mean you have the same skills or abilities. Also why are did you put recruits in quotations? Recruiting is an extremely important part of the college game and it has absolutley no bearing on your NFL coaching ability.

His brother worked his way up coaching in the NFL and knew what it took and what to expect from first hand experience. Harbaugh played in the NFL so he has a heads up over most college coaches who jump ranks but his only NFL coaching experience was one year as a QB coach in Oakland.

He may turn out to be a great coach and I hope he does cause as a Pac-10 fan I want to see him do well but the fact that everybody started salivating over him just over the past few months has never made sense to me. He is an extremely risky hire.

Who gives a f***? From 1-11 to winning a BCS bowl game is damn impressive. You seem be irrationally hating on the guy for some reason.

In 4 years he got his team to a BCS Bowl. Good for him. I'm not hating on the guy at all as I feel it is ridiculous to give a guy who have never coached in the NFL $25 million.

His brother had a lot of NFL coaching experience before being hired as the Ravens HC.

Archived