Mark Sanchez: Winningest QB in Jets Postseason history

Greenranger

Do we have a choice?

Even if we did, the pessimistic fans would be the only ones who would make the change. I'm not saying the guy is perfect, but with his work ethic and if we can lock up Braylon and/or Holmes and give them more time together he's gonna be something special. And why our fans after all the misery wouldnt have, or at least want to have, faith in that is beyond me.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if we did, the pessimistic fans would be the only ones who would make the change. I'm not saying the guy is perfect, but with his work ethic and if we can lock up Braylon and/or Holmes and give them more time together he's gonna be something special. And why our fans after all the misery wouldnt have, or at least want to have, faith in that is beyond me.

Well Shady there is optimistic, pessimistic and then there is realistic.

Lets hope MS elevates his game this Saturday to a level where the NYJ have a chance at the W.

If he doesnt they dont have a shot.

Signed,

Realistic.

Lets hope MS elevates his game this Saturday to a level where the NYJ have a chance at the W.

Signed,

Realistic.

Agreed.

All I'm saying is that he did enough to win us that game yesterday but people refuse to even give him that. I think he is gonna step up next week though, gonna make more throws in practice this week and be more on target. At least 2 TD's.

Signed,

Optimistic.

Signed,

Realistic.

There is nothing realistic about projecting into the future. You won't be around to man up in 5 years, and even if you did nobody would care. I guess nobody cares even now though. We are all just wasting time posting things up here in the end, so you're entitled to your opinion. My only thing is just don't write off anybody's opinion the other way and refuse to allow others to have an opinion.

I'm perfectly willing to respect your opinion that Sanchez won't be a good QB. But in return all I ask is you respect mine that he will be a good one and is worth seeing where he gets to. The only problem is when people claim their opinion is a fact and everybody else is wrong. We can respectfully disagree with each other. I apologize if I have crossed the line myself.

My only thing is just don't write off anybody's opinion the other way and refuse to allow others to have an opinion.

Don't let facts get in the way of Sanchez bashing. I can understand the media doing it, they suck. In 5 years they'll be hanging off the guy's balls pretending they always loved him. But it's pathetic that Jets fans can't support their own QB. Anybody that hates Sanchez now has absolutely no right to get on the bandwagon if Sanchez becomes elite. Go root for Freeman and the Buccs instead, we don't need you on the bandwagon.

This debate comes down to people simply seeing what they want to see. The pessimistic Jets fans and those who dislike Mark remember nothing but a crappy first half performance that led to 0 points and had the Jets in a rather precarious situation. The optimistic Jets fans and those who like Mark remember a solid second half capped by a game-winning drive. Neither is really wrong, but it's really a matter of which you think is more similar to the real Mark Sanchez.

If Sanchez plays well throughout the game do the Jets run away with this? Very likely, yes. On the other hand, if he doesn't turn it around and plays just as awful in the second half, do the Jets lose? Very likely, yes. He's not great, but he definitely has some bright moments and has shown an ability to do something no Jets QB has been able to do, play his best at the end of games and pull out wins. Does he still need to get better? Absolutely, but he's in his second year at the toughest position in football. After 3 years in the league Drew Brees was considered one of the worst QBs in the NFL and just saw his team draft a QB #1 overall. He may piss me off sometimes, but given the success the Jets have had since he's been their QB, I'll take it for now.

Great post. Exactly what I was thinking.

Funny thing is all Jets fans want the same thing: To see the Jets hoist the Lombardy trophy for the first time in forever.

Now we all tend to disagree on just about everything else. Is Sanchez good, bad, good enough? What about Schotty? Etc. etc.

After watching the Jets score 0 points in first half yesterday, I had zero expectations going into the 2nd half. I was having flashbacks of the green bay game. Then out of the blue the Jets put together two amazing TD drives. Same old new Jets? LOL

What drives me crazy is that you just never know if/when the Jets will play up to their capabilities.

Sometimes I wonder if this kind of inconsistency is better than the Jets consistently losing. At least if they lose all the time I don't have to invest any emotions like I am doing now.

What is amazing and frustrating is that I have no idea which team will show up against the Pats. I guess I will have to watch the game to find out.

Yes and? It's too much to ask someone to stay consistent on their opinions? If you hate Sanchez go hate him. Don't in 5 years come back and pretend you loved him.

Support the team, root for the guy to win. How do you root for this team though if you want to see the guy fail? If he fails so does the team, bottom line.

The fact that you honestly thought you were making a point posting that is really funny. I'm glad you posted that, I think it makes me look good, when you could have chosen hundreds upon hundreds of posts that make me look stupid. Because I do post a lot of stupid things. That post wasn't one of them however.

I cant decide what or who is more inaccurate.

Your QB assessment skills or Sanchos passes.

Vote please!

This is a matter of math, not QB assessment.

Your point is absurd. Namath won 2 playoff games including the SB. With Sanchez having 3 playoff victories, a SB victory would make him the winningest postseason QB under your previously posted standard.

Saying Sanchez needs to win 2 championships to pass Namath in postseason victories is ridiculous.

Sorry Bleedin but game winning drive???? WOW now thats a stretch. Cro made that possible not MS.

A stretch? That goes down in the NFL record books as a "game winning drive." The Jets got the ball down 2, marched down the field with Sanchez being 3-3 and Folk hit the game winning FG as time expired.

Of course, you're a member of the Moral Loss brigade so final results is irrelevant.

It is? Wow. If I'd known that the issue was a straw man I'd never have bothered.

Straw man? Get real.

You're on record on stating your opinion of Sanchez is premised on Lewin Theory. Thus, he is a bust and will always be a bust. You've changed your opinion?

A stretch? That goes down in the NFL record books as a "game winning drive." The Jets got the ball down 2, marched down the field with Sanchez being 3-3 and Folk hit the game winning FG as time expired.

Of course, you're a member of the Moral Loss brigade so final results is irrelevant.

I'm really baffled today bro. Between here and JI this morning I've never seen so many Jets fans NOT totally ecstatic after winning a playoff game. If half of these guys were around in January 1969 they would have been complaining about the Jets only managing one TD and "Hall Of Famer" Joe Namath not throwing ANY TD passes-WTF is with this strange phenomenon anyway?

It really is amazing, I've never seen such a fan base that has had such struggles for so long look so negatively on a great situation. Like I said earlier though, thank god none of these people have ANY say or ANY impact on the decisions of this organization. The people in place do see what Sanchez will become and know how to get him there.

Some Jet fans are like a guy who never had a girlfriend, and got alot of attention and everyone felt sorry for him because they never had a girlfriend. They finally land a 8 and want to break up with her because shes not a 10 because they miss the attention.

I'm really baffled today bro. Between here and JI this morning I've never seen so many Jets fans NOT totally ecstatic after winning a playoff game. If half of these guys were around in January 1969 they would have been complaining about the Jets only managing one TD and "Hall Of Famer" Joe Namath not throwing ANY TD passes-WTF is with this strange phenomenon anyway?

I'm confused by posts like these, and they stink of I'm a better fan than you, but thats besides the point.

Who's not happy and why is it so wrong to be critical of someone's play? We can have threads about Rex and his mouth, Gholston, Wilson, Smith, you name them, but we cant be critical of Sanchez? This is what I dont get. All of you complaining about us that are critical of Sanchez participate in the same exact behavior toward other players. Why is Sanchez different?

I'm thrilled we won, but its not over. We have another tough opponent, one that I dont think we can beat with the play of our QB last night. Why does this make me a bad fan and why is it wrong to be critical?

I wasn't meaning any one person in particular and I get your schtick JiF-I'm just wondering why so many people aren't as happy as everyone in this house is last night and today...I'm not a "better" fan nor do I think of myself as one. For me, it's the guys who have been paying money year after year in those cold seats that are the truest of fans. Hell even if I still lived in Jersey I'm sure I still wouldn't be able to have season tickets or go to more than a game or two a year. I couldn't afford it.

I wasn't meaning any one person in particular and I get your schtick JiF-I'm just wondering why so many people aren't as happy as everyone in this house is last night and today...I'm not a "better" fan nor do I think of myself as one. For me, it's the guys who have been paying money year after year in those cold seats that are the truest of fans. Hell even if I still lived in Jersey I'm sure I still wouldn't be able to have season tickets or go to more than a game or two a year. I couldn't afford it.

Jimbo, if you ever say one thing criticizing Rex on this board you're not a real Jets fan and you think hes a bad coach and want him fired and you're embarrassed. you also would prefer Mangini and Herm over Rex.

Those types of post always come across that way to me. I know you dont think that way.

Dude, I'm stoked. I celebrated by partying my a$$ off, wearing my Jets gear and screaming the Jets chant in public...apparently often. But like the Jets, enjoy the moment and move on to the next team. Its not over, we have a tough road ahead of us. We are going to need more from Sanchez.

Hope Josh Freeman DVR'D the game -- you know, in case he wants to learn how to engineer a game-winning drive in the playoffs.

Bahahahaha... come on... the drive started at the 44 and he needed 3... lol

he did his job but can we cut out the hyperbole... **** man, if not for sanchez himself we'd have been up by 17

he did his job but can we cut out the hyperbole... **** man, if not for sanchez himself we'd have been up by 17

It isn't his fault Chan our receivers should learn to play on stilts-God-the negative Nellies here...

CTM, they just dont get it. Game wining drives do exist but THAT wasnt one of them.

Thank god for Cro's return and Braylon and his vertical leaping ability or we have Folk trying a 50+ yrdr.

Furthermore.

When Shonne fumbles its ok for Jet fans to call him out.

When Braylon drops an easy catch it was ok for Jet fans to call him Edward Scissor hands.

When Slauson was playing like a turnstile it was OK to wish for Alan Faneca.

etc etc.

When Sancho puts up a stinker game like he did last night and almosts costs the NYJ the game it is blasphamy to call it the way it is. Must be his model looks.

NYJ won inspite of his high passes and horrible int.

Salient.

Better way to phrase the question would be:

So how many QB's not in the playoffs would give the NYJ significantly improved SB odds if they were playing in Sanchos place.

I thought the trading deadline passed awhile ago.

Enjoy the win for Christ sakes.

It's too much to ask someone to stay consistent on their opinions?

It's more than too much to ask. It's patently idiotic. Opinions are based on information. As available information changes, opinions are revised. Thinking stupid things in the face of abundant evidence to the contrary isn't a virtue.

You're on record on stating your opinion of Sanchez is premised on Lewin Theory. Thus, he is a bust and will always be a bust. You've changed your opinion?

Initial opinion, sure, and yes, of course my opinion has changed. He's played better than I expected and now I think he'll be better than I thought he'd be when we drafted him. Unfortunately, better than I thought is not the same as good. Or even mediocre.

I'd be more delicate about it, but Kleckineau makes good points.

**Our D is good enough. It kept Manning under the 20+ threshold that wins games.

**Our O must then GET 20+, especially against Indy's WASTED defense.

-We got 16. And overthrows. Against a BAD defense.

Considering our next opponent has a REAL defense, the expectation that 16 (or less) must produce a win is ulcer-inducing.

Archived