Kyle Clifton? hmm

TNJet

So why isnt this guy in the hall of fame? lol, no but i just looked at some old jets trading cards from the 80s and this guy racked up 150+ tackle seasons like it was nothing. We brag about 100 tackle seasons these days. Someone who knows more about this guy would be appreciated for comment on this jet LBer. Thanks.

So why isnt this guy in the hall of fame? lol, no but i just looked at some old jets trading cards from the 80s and this guy racked up 150+ tackle seasons like it was nothing. We brag about 100 tackle seasons these days. Someone who knows more about this guy would be appreciated for comment on this jet LBer. Thanks.

One of the most underrated Jets of all time.

Between 1985 and 1993, throwing out his injury plagued '87 season, he AVERAGED 160 tackles per year.

Amazingly, I don't think he even ever played in a single Pro-Bowl, although I do believe he was voted All-Pro one year by the AP.

About as consistent as they come.

Don't know what info you're specifically looking for, but Kyle was a great player and one of my favorite Jet players ever, along with Lance Mehl. Kyle led the league with 199 tackles in '88. That's pretty amazing. He played a long time too, 13 seasons.

He was very steady against the run. But those Jet teams almost never blitzed, so he didn't register a good deal of sacks. Unfortunately that is the statistic that they all pay attention to.

One of the most underrated Jets of all time.

Between 1985 and 1993, throwing out his injury plagued '87 season, he AVERAGED 160 tackles per year.

Amazingly, I don't think he even ever played in a single Pro-Bowl, although I do believe he was voted All-Pro one year by the AP.

About as consistent as they come.

Exactly. Consistent says it all. Very durable too. He was never the best as his position, or probably even top 5, but you NEVER had to worry about him showing up. Just pencil him in for a decade and worry about other holes. Problem is there were always too many other holes.

I used to get so mad when Clifton would get snubbed for the Pro Bowl in those days. Ah, youth. When I was young and un-bitter.

I used to feel the same way every single year....

Back when we were young and stupid. Now we're still following them, which makes us older and even dumber.

I will still be watching at 4:30 like a mosquito to a bug-zapper. Or, depending on how they look, like a fly to sh*t.

Back when we were young and stupid. Now we're still following them, which makes us older and even dumber.

I will still be watching at 4:30 like a mosquito to a bug-zapper. Or, depending on how they look, like a fly to sh*t.

Cheers, brother. Self-medicate as necessary.

Archived