Woodhead was right back in camp

lancemehl

The team showed him mad love at the end of the game. They respected him; you could see in Hard Knocks. He was their Rudy. Remember one guy(I forgot) said that the consensus on the team was that he would have been a great player in the fifties; however, as he said, this wasn't the fifties.

Well, the kid showed that tremendous heart this year and was the feel-good story of the year, BUT today, he looked like Rudy. He was getting smothered out there. I mean, he's very nifty, the way he gets down low and squirms around lineman, but my goodness, he would close in on the marker and just get gobbled up.

Nice Story, little Woodhead, but this ain't the fifties. lol

6 catches - 52 yards

14 carries - 46 yards

So, no, I think you're wrong. 6 catches for 52 is nice. 14/46 yards is 3.2 ypc which is not impressive, but it's not embarrassing either. Not to mention this is: A) a one game sample size, B) against one of the best run defenses in the game.

In short, he is cut out to play football in the 2010's. Anyone's hope this is incorrect is demolished by looking at his season - not just handpicking one game (in which he didn't even play bad, anyway)

The team showed him mad love at the end of the game. They respected him; you could see in Hard Knocks. He was their Rudy. Remember one guy(I forgot) said that the consensus on the team was that he would have been a great player in the fifties; however, as he said, this wasn't the fifties.

Well, the kid showed that tremendous heart this year and was the feel-good story of the year, BUT today, he looked like Rudy. He was getting smothered out there. I mean, he's very nifty, the way he gets down low and squirms around lineman, but my goodness, he would close in on the marker and just get gobbled up.

Nice Story, little Woodhead, but this ain't the fifties. lol

It beats this stat line in an even bigger game:

13 carries for 14 yards (1.08 ypc)

Maybe the HOF finalist who put up those numbers wasn't any more than a feel-good Rudy story.

Danny Woodhead is going to be a weapon for a long time in an offense that uses him correctly. I don't think he will ever be successful long term with any kind of heavy work load. I do think used correctly he can be a playmaker and a thorn in the side of many Defenses for years to come.

I felt that on more than one occasion I noticed David Harris kind of just bring him to the ground and then it almost seemed like he would stand over him but in an almost protective manner. Sometimes when a player with the ball is going down the other team will dive down at him anyway but I noticed Harris would just make sure he had a hand on him. It was extremely subtle but I felt like it was a sign of respect, like, I'm gonna make sure you're down but I don't want to hurt you. I don't know for sure, could be wrong, but on first glance I did think it once or twice in the back of my mind last night.

Danny Woodhead is going to be a weapon for a long time in an offense that uses him correctly. I don't think he will ever be successful long term with any kind of heavy work load. I do think used correctly he can be a playmaker and a thorn in the side of many Defenses for years to come.

He's better than I expected, but I doubt it.

He's got one concussion under his belt, and has now fumbled twice recently. I don't think he lasts much longer.

You cant be a football fan and not like Woodhead.

Agreed . . . Woodhead may not physically last in this league more than a few years but how can you not respect his play ? Every football fan who never had a chance to play professional ball has got to cheer for him. He got cut by the Jets and has excelled, we should have no beef against him.

I wish he was on our sidelines for the win.

+1. We let him go for our most productive preseason WR in history (you know the name)...and he's no longer on our squad. Woodhead should be a Jet right now. And to say that he wouldnt be a good player in todays game doesnt understand that he needs to be used correctly...and it seemed like he was an instant producer for the Pats once he stepped on the field for them. Woodhead is a football player and I felt bad for him yesterday. He's a Jet in my eyes.

Archived