NFL Leaders - Passes Dropped

JustInFudge

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I clearly remember Braylon Edwards rep around these parts until he became a NYJ

I wear green sunglasses but I aint blind.

Am I hearing Welker or Marshall suck a$$ and still would be hated if they were Jets instead of Holmes or Edwards?

Is that what Im hearing?

I dont know what you are asking...but if its, would I take Holmes and BE over Marshall and Welker, we'll the answer is simply yes.

I like playmakers, not overrated possession JAGs.

I dont know what you are asking...but if its, would I take Holmes and BE over Marshall and Welker, we'll the answer is simply yes.

I like playmakers, not overrated possession JAGs.

Did I say I was unhappy with BE SH JC??

Thrilled to have them all.

Cmon man.

Question is, Am I hearing Welker or Marshall suck a$$ and still would be hated if they were Jets instead of Holmes or Edwards? Would you still refer to them as overrated possession JAGs if they became NYJ?

Did I say I was unhappy with BE SH JC??

Thrilled to have them all.

Cmon man.

Question is, Am I hearing Welker or Marshall suck a$$ and still would be hated if they were Jets instead of Holmes or Edwards? Would you still refer to them as overrated possession JAGs if they became NYJ?

Yep. I'm no homer. I hate Jason Gaylor.

I was pissed when we signed LT. I was wrong, but pissed.

Wekler and Marshall are JAGs. Marshall is a better JAG because he's physical freak, but both very much JAGs.

Wekler and Marshall are JAGs. Marshall is a better JAG because he's physical freak, but both very much JAGs.

it takes a FAG to know a JAG

credibility gap oun

Definition of CREDIBILITY GAP

1a : lack of trust <a credibility gap between generations> b : lack of believability <a credibility gap created by contradictory statements disproven by facts.

FWIW

There are alot of great non-NYJ players in the NFL.

The league is way too tough,full of talent.

It silly to call these guys JAGS seeing what they bring to the game.

You can call them names.

You can hate them when they beat you.

You can hope your team can beat them

You can hope your team can negate them with good gameplans.

But they are paid millions because they are great players.

You'd be rocking a Welker Jets jersey by Week Three, saying how he saved El Model's career.

What is a JAG? Isn't a physical freak, by definition, more than just a JAG.

credibility gap oun

Definition of CREDIBILITY GAP

1a : lack of trust <a credibility gap between generations> b : lack of believability <a credibility gap created by contradictory statements disproven by facts.

FWIW

There are alot of great non-NYJ players in the NFL.

The league is way too tough,full of talent.

It silly to call these guys JAGS seeing what they bring to the game.

You can call them names.

You can hate them when they beat you.

You can hope your team can beat them

You can hope your team can negate them with good gameplans.

But they are paid millions because they are great players.

All NFL players are great athletes. I use the term JAG and it isn't even really an insult. Just Another Guy. Mike Devito is pretty much a JAG, but the guy does the job and the Jets couldn't win without guys like him. Brandon Moore? JAG. Matt Slauson? JAG.

good question.. if the physical freak performs like a jag, then possibly, but still, the fact he's a physical freak means that he makes plays a JAG couldn't..

All NFL players are great athletes. I use the term JAG and it isn't even really an insult. Just Another Guy. Mike Devito is pretty much a JAG, but the guy does the job and the Jets couldn't win without guys like him. Brandon Moore? JAG. Matt Slauson? JAG.

Semantics.

Your def includes good starters, mine doesnt. (JAG?? Brandon Moore!?!?! top 5 at position)

Beyond that, to lable another teams stars JAGs is beyond silly.

My def?

Marginal starters, second stringers, 50% of special teamers, practice squads, etc = JAG

BTW, Disagree, not all NFL players are great athletes.

You'd be rocking a Welker Jets jersey by Week Three, saying how he saved El Model's career.

Put Welker on the Jets, and he's a 40 catch guy. Jerricho Cotchery >>> White Wes Welker.

If the Pats take these past three postseason losses to heart and learn something from them, and try to remake themselves into a physical football team, you'll see Welker's production dropoff there, too. For all of Welker's greatness, they haven't hoisted a Lombardi since his arrival.

I also think Brandon Marshall is one of the most overrated players in the league. I don't think Parcells wanted anything to do with him, and that trade helped ease the Tuna's way out. I'd take our own Braylon Edwards over him given the total package that each guy brings to the table.

Semantics.

Your def includes good starters, mine doesnt. (JAG?? Brandon Moore!?!?! top 5 at position)

Beyond that, to lable another teams stars JAGs is beyond silly.

My def?

Marginal starters, second stringers, 50% of special teamers, practice squads, etc = JAG

BTW, Disagree, not all NFL players are great athletes.

Ever play against one? I've played with plenty of guys that couldn't make it. For the most parts they are beasts. Juiced up monsters.

I use the term JAG to mean guys that are actually Just Another Guy. Guys that can be replaced. Hell, I just stuck up for Joel Dreessen in another thread and he's sure a JAG. Mike Devito is a very nice player, but you can replace him fairly easily in the draft or free agency. Moore is top 5 at his position? Don't believe the hype. Still, I can see why you wouldn't label those guys JAGs, but it's more a matter of levels than any disagreement. IMO, there are guys that are beyond JAG because they are not easily replaced. Sometimes this includes lesser players production wise - Hester? Hell, Brad Smith.

Put Welker on the Jets, and he's a 40 catch guy. Jerricho Cotchery >>> White Wes Welker.

Probably true about the catch numbers. This is the best Braylon has been since 07 and he still only had, what, 52 catches here? I might not agree that Jerricho is a significantly better overall player than Welker, though, especially at this point in his career. The one thing this Jets team is missing is a legit underneath receiver for Sanchez to work with. Beating man coverage has never been Cotch's forte, and it's what Welker does so well, especially against nickel backs. Put him in the slot here between Santonio and Braylon and you have a more complete offense, IMO.

I dont wear Jerseys.

Vernon Gholston would hug you if you said this to him.

Probably true about the catch numbers. This is the best Braylon has been since 07 and he still only had, what, 52 catches here? I might not agree that Jerricho is a significantly better overall player than Welker, though, especially at this point in his career. The one thing this Jets team is missing is a legit underneath receiver for Sanchez to work with. Beating man coverage has never been Cotch's forte, and it's what Welker does so well, especially against nickel backs. Put him in the slot here between Santonio and Braylon and you have a more complete offense, IMO.

I don't disagree with you, but see it more as a design problem than a personnel problem. Pats run a sh*tload of pick plays to help Welker get open in man.

Ever play against one? I've played with plenty of guys that couldn't make it. For the most parts they are beasts. Juiced up monsters.

I use the term JAG to mean guys that are actually Just Another Guy. Guys that can be replaced. Hell, I just stuck up for Joel Dreessen in another thread and he's sure a JAG. Mike Devito is a very nice player, but you can replace him fairly easily in the draft or free agency. Moore is top 5 at his position? Don't believe the hype. Still, I can see why you wouldn't label those guys JAGs, but it's more a matter of levels than any disagreement. IMO, there are guys that are beyond JAG because they are not easily replaced. Sometimes this includes lesser players production wise - Hester? Hell, Brad Smith.

Disagree totally with Devito. The guy would start on a lot of NFL teams. Same with Pouha.

Disagree totally with Devito. The guy would start on a lot of NFL teams. Same with Pouha.

Totally? Did you read my definition? I don't equate JAG or not with starter/backup. The guy is a replaceable part. He is good, but not special. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a huge Devito fan. I was telling everybody we'd be fine with him playing every down at DE this offseason when people were squawking that we needed to draft a DE, sign a FA DE, etc. I also think he's been huge in these playoffs. These monster games are what will make me rethink my JAG analysis, but basically, he's just solid (extrememly solid and reliable) but not special.

Agree with that.

Alot of this has to do with preconceived notions and even prejudice based upon a players football pedigree and draft position.

ie, Devito went to Maine, not exactly USC or OSU.

It causes some teams and their fans to view them differently. Look at Buffalos QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. He went to an Ivy league school so he wasnt a highly regarded prospect. He played so well they dumped Trent Edwards (Stanford)

Agree with that.

Alot of this has to do with preconceived notions and even prejudice based upon a players football pedigree and draft position.

ie, Devito went to Maine, not exactly USC or OSU.

It causes some teams and their fans to view them differently. Look at Buffalos QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. He went to an Ivy league school so he wasnt a highly regarded prospect. He played so well they dumped Trent Edwards (Stanford)

False. It has to do with size/speed numbers. There are players that can do the spectacular and there are lunchpail guys that do the work play after play. You need both to win. I guess I use the JAG term a little more freely than most. Chris Baker was a fine all around TE, but he was a JAG. I never thought of Trent Edwards as anything but a JAG. He's not like Flacco. Still either of them are better than Russell, but Russell isn't a JAG.

If the Pats take these past three postseason losses to heart and learn something from them, and try to remake themselves into a physical football team, you'll see Welker's production dropoff there, too. For all of Welker's greatness, they haven't hoisted a Lombardi since his arrival.

I also think Brandon Marshall is one of the most overrated players in the league. I don't think Parcells wanted anything to do with him, and that trade helped ease the Tuna's way out. I'd take our own Braylon Edwards over him given the total package that each guy brings to the table.

While I think it has more to do with the other side of the ball, I agree 110% with your toughness point.

The Jets are almost a carbon copy of those early Patriots.

A team lead by the D and QB that does what he needs to when called upon.

Totally? Did you read my definition? I don't equate JAG or not with starter/backup. The guy is a replaceable part. He is good, but not special. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a huge Devito fan. I was telling everybody we'd be fine with him playing every down at DE this offseason when people were squawking that we needed to draft a DE, sign a FA DE, etc. I also think he's been huge in these playoffs. These monster games are what will make me rethink my JAG analysis, but basically, he's just solid (extrememly solid and reliable) but not special.

I think Moore is a very underrated player, one of the better RG's in the league. More than a JAG. Recently, DeVito has been much more than a JAG. JMHO

Welker is a JAG. They get the same production from Edelman and would with 30 other WR's in the league. They could get that production plus some now with Woodcock because he is also a threat out of the backfield.

I think Moore is a very underrated player, one of the better RG's in the league. More than a JAG. Recently, DeVito has been much more than a JAG. JMHO

Welker is a JAG. They get the same production from Edelman and would with 30 other WR's in the league. They could get that production plus some now with Woodcock because he is also a threat out of the backfield.

I think we disagree on Moore and Devito because we have different definitions of JAG. I admit that it's hard to rate guards beyond thumbs up or thumbs down without more than watching the game once or twice on TV. We disagree on Welker because we disagree on Welker. I still think Welker is overrated. Just underrated by you. Same production from Edelman? The ******* guy had 7 catches. The genius of Bill Belichick is overstated, but if Edelman was the equal of Welker he'd have had more than 7 catches. The guy has two TDs in 2 years and one was on a return. There is no definition of JAG whereby Devito isn't, but Welker is. The guy is a solid starter, if that's your criteria and you are taking the elite out of it.

I think we disagree on Moore and Devito because we have different definitions of JAG. I admit that it's hard to rate guards beyond thumbs up or thumbs down without more than watching the game once or twice on TV. We disagree on Welker because we disagree on Welker. I still think Welker is overrated. Just underrated by you. Same production from Edelman? The ******* guy had 7 catches. The genius of Bill Belichick is overstated, but if Edelman was the equal of Welker he'd have had more than 7 catches. The guy has two TDs in 2 years and one was on a return. There is no definition of JAG whereby Devito isn't, but Welker is. The guy is a solid starter, if that's your criteria and you are taking the elite out of it.

Yeah, I got carried away.

They are kind of similar in ways. They are both good in their systems, but probably would suck some where else. They both clearly have value in each system, but I'd probably take over 30 players before either of them at their position if I was building a team. Which is why I think they are both JAGs.

Yeah, I got carried away.

They are kind of similar in ways. They are both good in their systems, but probably would suck some where else. They both clearly have value in each system, but I'd probably take over 30 players before either of them at their position if I was building a team. Which is why I think they are both JAGs.

White guilt cough.

Archived