NFL Leaders - Passes Dropped

JustInFudge

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's certainly a case to be made that Welker is overrated, but I don't know that I'd use a 70% catch rate as Exhibit A.

Welker is basically an excellent slot receiver. He's in a good system with a good QB for him to put up inflated numbers. He's not a #1 WR type (doesn't possess the size, strength, or vertical speed) but he doesn't suck either. He's probably just way overrated.

Welker is basically an excellent slot receiver. He's in a good system with a good QB for him to put up inflated numbers. He's not a #1 WR type (doesn't possess the size, strength, or vertical speed) but he doesn't suck either. He's probably just way overrated.

That's exactly it. He's a very good slot guy. It's comparing apples to oranges though comparing him to the like of CJ and AJ.. just not in the same league

Stop being so reasonable.

I just liked to take the opportunity to poke at JGB and his... vanilla point of view.

Too funny.

If you divide Welkers receptions by his targets it equates to a 70% catch ratio.

.017 Edwards is about 50%.

I'm not comparing the two. But Edwards >>>>>>>>>> Welker

How do you explain Welker being ranked the 19 best WR in the NFL coming off reconstructive knee surgery?

Who ever made this list was very generous. Very generous.

Umm, can we please stay on topic?

Wes Welker - worthless POS JAG: discuss.

This.

Too funny.

If you divide Welkers receptions by his targets it equates to a 70% catch ratio.

.017 Edwards is about 50%.

Lol, that just means he's getting more catchable balls thrown to him and running higher % routes; making the fact that he has so many more drops just that much more damning

Welker - league leading 13 drops on 122 targets (with a much more accurate passer throwing to him)

Edwards - 2 drops?? on 102 targets

Welker sucks, way overrated.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

:rl:

1 Wes Welker 13

2 Reggie Wayne 12

3t Brandon Marshall 11

3t Terrell Owens 11

Elite? Seriously? LMFAO.

JAG.

HAHA! If he caught those 13 balls he would have had 99 catches this season, leaving him one catch short of his fourth straight 100 catch year! LOSER! Haha! Now he's just tied with Jerry Rice with three consecutive 100 catch seasons! Loser Welker JAG! HAHAHAHAA!!

HAHA! If he caught those 13 balls he would have had 99 catches this season, leaving him one catch short of his fourth straight 100 catch year! LOSER! Haha! Now he's just tied with Jerry Rice with three consecutive 100 catch seasons! Loser Welker JAG! HAHAHAHAA!!

Bubble Screen, maybe you should have Wes Welker Seriously tatooed on your buttock

Weak. Not impressed.

Led the league in drops.

Ok Bill Belichick I get it you dont like Braylon Edwards. Some of you are unreal and need to get your heads out of your asses.

I love it when you attack the poster, who makes more than a few valid posts, and not actually attack what he was saying. If i were you, i'd throw up a white flag, admitt defeat and try not to be made a fool of by dom next time...jmo

I love it when you attack the poster, who makes more than a few valid posts, and not actually attack what he was saying. If i were you, i'd throw up a white flag, admitt defeat and try not to be made a fool of by dom next time...jmo

I love it when someone enters a discussion and offers his/her opinion when they dont know what is being discussed.

This stat is crap.

A relevant one would be a ranking by percentage of throws.

What if you throw to a guy 400 times in the season and he drops 10?

Is it really crap if it reflects negatively on a player(s) that fans of the NYJ hate due to having been beaten by them numerous times in the past?

This stat is crap.

That it is. Easily the most annoying stat that's become mainstream popular in this sport...The only reason it became a big deal is because TO had that one sh*tty year in Dallas where he dropped everything...the dumb part is that the label can't be shaken.

I counted 12 drops for Holmes this year and he's not even the list...and I'm talking passes that hit his hands...there's not even a consensus criteria for how the stat is obtained...it's just all around weak.

This stat is crap.

I posted that link too. Its not impressive and proves just how much of a JAG he is.

Also his staggering, 9.9 yard per reception is impressive, especially when you compare it to his yac. He basically catches every ball he gets 3 to 4 yards past the LOS, from a deadly accurate passer, yet he leads the league in drops. Hence why they are looking to trade him, you dont see Danny Woodcock and Julian Edelman on that list do you?

JAG

Is it really crap if it reflects negatively on a player(s) that fans of the NYJ hate due to having been beaten by them numerous times in the past?

Actually, the Jets record against the Pats in the four years since Welker joined the team is significantly better than it was in the four years prior.

The Pats swept the Jets in his first year in NE, '07, but we split in each of the last three years and we took the playoff game from them five days ago.

Prior to Welker getting there, the Jets had beaten the Pats only once in four years.

Archived