Hey It Was A Great Season

SoFlaJets

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a lot of fun...

No disrespect to you but **** THAT. This was our chance. Shotty blew that sh*t...AGAIN. How do you pass in a situation when you're down 2 td's and you're a yard away from a touchdown. THEN......oh wait...there's more. THEN!....he puts in Tomlinson on 4th when we could have put in Greene and what happens?

Im tired of this team and the excuses. If they dont fire shotty im not ******* watching this team anymore. I love the Jets but shotty isnt the answer, and if the organization cant see that then im not wasting time, effort and emotions on this team.

Good season. We're going in the right direction. I just hope we get another shot at one of these and we havent blown our load.

Exactly. Wish things turned out differently, but we dug ourselves too deep a hole and that was that. Gutsy effort, but in the end, you can't beat a team when you only show up for 1 half.

Congrats on a very good season from a dolfan. Although I think Rex Ryan is a total a hole he is a hell of a coach. Obviously I was rooting for the Steelers but that 2nd half turn around even I can give props for that, your team never gave up. See you next season, with the Dolphins lame duck hirings I don't have much expectations but maybe they'll surprise me.

Exactly. Wish things turned out differently, but we dug ourselves too deep a hole and that was that. Gutsy effort, but in the end, you can't beat a team when you only show up for 1 half.

Yep. And we had our shots. They were there, definitely, and we couldnt capitalize. Its a shame. I think Rex is building a winner here, but this just goes to show you how tough it is to win these games, let alone get to this point.

This teams going to need home field advantage eventually. Too much to ask to win on the road in this conference with the QB's that are out there...Manning, Brady, Ben...so tough on the road.

But isnt that what Pitt did ?

Jets did shut them out in the 2nd half right?

Without any help from refs.

Yep. And we had our shots. They were there, definitely, and we couldnt capitalize. Its a shame. I think Rex is building a winner here, but this just goes to show you how tough it is to win these games, let alone get to this point.

This teams going to need home field advantage eventually. Too much to ask to win on the road in this conference with the QB's that are out there...Manning, Brady, Ben...so tough on the road.

It was a nearly impossible task, and they had a shot. They had a shot after spotting them 21 in the 1st half. This game by all rights should have been an embarrassment. It wasn't.

We'll be back. We will be back.

But isnt that what Pitt did ?

Jets did shut them out in the 2nd half right?

Without any help from refs.

Pitt didn't need to score any points. They needed to take time off the clock. They were able to do that. That's the fun part of being up 21 points at halftime. You can just wait.

It was a nearly impossible task, and they had a shot. They had a shot after spotting them 21 in the 1st half. This game by all rights should have been an embarrassment. It wasn't.

We'll be back. We will be back.

I dont want to be just back. I want a win. This is emotionally draining.

I dont want to be just back. I want a win. This is emotionally draining.

Of course it is. Pittsburgh played a full game, the Jets did not. Pittsburgh capitalized on turnovers, the Jets did not. Pittsburgh got a first down on a 3rd and 6 to end the game. The Jets could not stop them. It was what it was. A good run, and people will bitch and moan about every little thing and call for people's heads and say it was a fix, but really, we just got out played. We made a run of it at the end, but the clock was against us. What can you do? Play 60 minutes next time I hope.

Of course it is. Pittsburgh played a full game, the Jets did not. Pittsburgh capitalized on turnovers, the Jets did not. Pittsburgh got a first down on a 3rd and 6 to end the game. The Jets could not stop them. It was what it was. A good run, and people will bitch and moan about every little thing and call for people's heads and say it was a fix, but really, we just got out played. We made a run of it at the end, but the clock was against us. What can you do? Play 60 minutes next time I hope.

I really don't think we were outplayed. We dominated the 2nd half every bit as much as they did the first IMO.

How is getting shutout in the second half playing a full game exactly?

I really don't think we were outplayed. We dominated the 2nd half every bit as much as they did the first IMO.

How is getting shutout in the second half playing a full game exactly?

Because, when you're up 21, all that matters is the clock.

Because, when you're up 21, all that matters is the clock.

Please, Our offense did more to run out the clock than they did. You're grasping at straws.

It was nowhere near the complete game from Pittsburgh. We absolutely dominated the second half.

We didn't get the breaks and we blew the chances that we really should have taken. That's why we lost IMO, Pittsburgh may have been better tonight but not by much.

Pitt didn't need to score any points. They needed to take time off the clock. They were able to do that. That's the fun part of being up 21 points at halftime. You can just wait.

I understand the clock aspect but EY you will never convince me Pitt put up a goose egg by design. Especially when the Jets began their comeback. Another Pitt TD in the 3rd qtr truly seals that game instead of "waiting" as you say.

Please, Our offense did more to run out the clock than they did. You're grasping at straws.

It was nowhere near the complete game from Pittsburgh. We absolutely dominated the second half.

We didn't get the breaks and we blew the chances that we really should have taken. That's why we lost IMO, Pittsburgh may have been better tonight but not by much.

No, I'm not grasping at straws. You simply have made up your mind, so there's nothing anyone can say to you.

Pittsburgh put up a dominant performance in the 1st half, allowed only 1 big play, made stops when they needed to, and got 1st downs when they needed to.

Pittsburgh didn't need to be better by a lot. They needed to be better by just enough to win. They were. They ran out the clock, and did enough to hold their 21 point lead. The Jets played better than them in the 2nd half, but the damage was done and we couldn't do enough to get out of the hole we were in.

We didn't have a lead for 1 second of this game, and after going down 10-0, we were only within 1 score for enough time for them to run out the clock. But, that's all Schotty's fault too... "if only he didn't call that one reverse, we'd have won. If only we got a TD on 3rd or 4th and goal, I know we would have stopped them, even though we couldn't when we had the chance later, and then gotten the ball back and scored. I just know it".

Stop it. Really. Stop it.

Archived