Holmes Just called Shotty out!

villain_the_foe

Who's really out there to OC anyway?

Please no one say John Gruden. It's fun to think about I guess, fun to play with in the head, but there's a reason no one has touched Gruden since his TB days...he hasn't even landed a minor league, er, college job.

Kubiak, Turner, Weis, Shanahan, and McDaniels are currently employed. What do we do, do the same thing with McDaniels' brother? It'd be the same thing as Schottenheimer except worse because no one hear likes Josh McDaniels let alone his completely unknown brother. Tom Cable? Mike Tice? Hell, Bill Callahan? How lateral would these hires be?

Plus with the strike coming up...iunno it's up to them I don't give too much of a damn. I'd rather get better players anyway, specifically in the front 7. This is Rex's D and he should be able to build it as he dreams it can be...

Ah, well then you really have to ask yourself, are there simply an inordinate amount of clueless fans, or an inordinate amount of bad coaches?

Hint: All of the Above is the right answer.

Get better players. The whole front 7 was '06-'08 or earlier minus it's best player + Scott and Pryce. They were manhandled often tonight.

Generalizing only goes so far though. At some point it's just time for a change. 5 years, only 1 with an offense in the top 10, two straight choke-jobs in the AFC Championship. It's time.

great point. We're not calling for this dude to be fired because we're pissed about a loss. Dude isnt productive. There's no way in the world that with the amount of talent we have on offense that we cant be a top ten offense.

The offense is a problem, in particular Shotty.

Any fool can see the play calling cost us the game.

yup more "too clever by half schottenheimer." 1st and goal inside the 5 most OC's think "4 straight runs and we're in there" brian thinks "well, gee, the steelers expect us to run because any one in the universe should so despite it being the best call by a country mile i'll outfox them by throwing."

It's consistent though with this guy. For other teams there are games here and there people complain, usually losses. Here, many of us complain even in wins, because this guy is so awful. He just runs a fundamentally bad offense. Announcers have mentioned this before too.

The guy had a great stretch prior to this game. A great stretch. But this game, he sh*t the bed. No doubt about it. I get the frustration. He also faced a current HoF'er in Dick LeBeau, who's widely regarded as one of the best DC's in the history of the league.

great point. We're not calling for this dude to be fired because we're pissed about a loss. Dude isnt productive. There's no way in the world that with the amount of talent we have on offense that we cant be a top ten offense.

The offense is a problem, in particular Shotty.

The thing is, I don't think Rex is looking for a top offense. Not really. He's looking for mostly what he's got - a ground & pound unit that eats clock and keeps his defense off the field. He maintained a top rushing offense this year, and improved in the passing game.

For all the crap Schotty gets, what talent has he really had to work with? Pretty crappy QB's. Favre one year, but then he broke down. Sanchez is raw and inconsistent. We really shouldn't've been to two consecutive AFCCGs withy him at the helm. Shonn Greene comes and goes, LT was lights out early and faded.

People want to bank on Callahan or the elusive anybody is better than Schitty...

I just don't know.

Just saw the Holmes interview and I've never been more of a fan of that guy. Really good interview.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=ve3ur4&s=7

Agreed. Its a good interview... even moreso, its disturbing to me that this guy is a proven big game performer, and he had only 5 targets and was on the sidelines as much as he was.

Santonio Holmes upset with game plan, playing time vs. Steelers

Jan

1/24/2011 7:11:33 AM | More

Santonio Holmes was not on the field for the Jets’ first snap of Sunday’s AFC Championship Game, and he was not happy about it according to Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger.

“Ask Coach Schottenheimer what was the reason behind that,” he said, referring to offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.

Holmes said he watched from the sidelines “the first couple plays” of the Jets’ 24-19 loss to the Steelers. Asked if that was frustrating, he became annoyed.

“I just had to go with the game plan,” said Holmes, who had two catches for 61 yards, including a 45-yard touchdown. “That’s the way things were called at the time, and that’s what I had to do.”

Asked if he knew he would be sidelined early, Holmes added: “Ask Coach Schottenheimer what happened; he’ll explain everything to you. I don’t have the answer to that.”

“We’ve got to put together the plays that we’ve been running against these guys, what’s been working for us,” he said. “We kind of got away from our game plan in the game, and it forced us to go do what we have to do to survive.”

I love Holmes for telling it like it is. But either he has already made up his mind he will chase the money, and therefore, doesn't care what he says about Schotty, or, worse, the Jets are committed to Schotty and this will not help Holmes in his negotiations with them. Either way, not good. I want both Braylon and Holmes back next year.

I love Holmes for telling it like it is. But either he has already made up his mind he will chase the money, and therefore, doesn't care what he says about Schotty, or, worse, the Jets are committed to Schotty and this will not help Holmes in his negotiations with them. Either way, not good. I want both Braylon and Holmes back next year.

I think he was legitimately furious with Schottenheimer. He was asked, 5 seconds later, about free agency (him or others) and wouldn't answer the question because all he had on his mind - and rightly so - was the game that just ended. In other words, I don't think his unkind words for Schottenheimer had anything to do with intentions to leave the Jets or stay with the Jets. It was unscripted, not planned out.

I think he was legitimately furious with Schottenheimer. He was asked, 5 seconds later, about free agency (him or others) and wouldn't answer the question because all he had on his mind - and rightly so - was the game that just ended. In other words, I don't think his unkind words for Schottenheimer had anything to do with intentions to leave the Jets or stay with the Jets. It was unscripted, not planned out.

I agree and it is probably the latter. The lesser of the two evils, but still not good for us Holmes fans ...

Meh... I don't think this post-game interview is indicative of anything other than a good player being frustrated, after all he was brought here for his post-season reputation, and then not used yesterday... other than his own playground TD catch, when the CB fell down.

Meh... I don't think this post-game interview is indicative of anything other than a good player being frustrated, after all he was brought here for his post-season reputation, and then not used yesterday... other than his own playground TD catch, when the CB fell down.

Is that a knock against him? It was a nice catch and an important TD.

Archived