Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@CTM I also get that at some point we are going to have to determine who's reveals are fake and what not. To me though you've been acting strangely. Out of Jetscode and I28 who do you think is lying. Both, neither, one of them?

well, i think jetscode is full of it, and I think i28's role is going to result in a another dead townie, but it's more believable by far..

what happened to, lynch all liars? He's clearly lying about not knowing 80's post got SMC killed. What does that have to do w/ a wifom?

eh, honestly with all the lying I do as town, I don't apply that in a blanket way.. ;)

I'm more interested in it for the fact that it means jif is apparently skimming (and this was before he went emo). Also, he rolled his own wifom as a defense, which can be a scum tell.

This sounds like a legit Lily role; Lily's a madman when it comes to role concoctions. I will Unvote and vote Jif, based on Hess' catch.

Monkey, what's your plan for tonight? I suggest you take your shot - at worst, we get some extra information if you pick a target with some decent interactions - better that than possibly losing a bulletproof townie, which I believe you are.

I want to see how some of these conversations shake out, but if you look at my most recent list above, you'll have an idea of where I'm looking.

Vic, JVOR and Dan X. All 3 are smart players who are too confident in my alignment, they have distanced from my train repeatedly. I think given my screw ups, they are staying the **** away from a townie lynch and keeping their votes elsewhere. I'm not saying all 3 are scum, but I would bet cold hard cash at least one of them is. Dan X most specifically, because she has played the part of low lying scum pretty well so far. Expressing a lack of confidence in her decision making, but she's sure about one thing - I'm not scummy - and she put Jetscode at L2.

Last night it was Vic I felt best about from these 3, now I'm leaning towards Dan. As of right now, this is the theory I feel best about too... it just makes sense, I ****ed up royally. Scum could be sitting back and distancing from my train so not too many of them are on it.

good post... and good angle... reminds me of something

also good thinking doggin

I agree with Doggin on the role I28 claimed sounding like a real Lily role. Right up her alley. Also explains a lot of I28's actions and many of my suspicions.

Unvote

UNVOTE

VOTE: JiF

And FoS JVOR for possible rolefishing.

Well, that "I won't rest until CTM is dead" thing lasted pretty long eh?

lastly, I think everything about his reveal stinks, his play leading up to it, the actual reveal, and his two posts and a vanishing act afterwards. The only thing i could reconcile about his play being coplike was that he was playing arrogantly, like he knew he wouldn't be lynched. Egging us on. But even that is anti-town in itself. I don't see him being that reckless with an important role

This is why I talked about calling bluffs. I'm not in any position to lead a charge on calling Jetscode a bluff, but his arrogance to me resonated as scum trying to egg on his train to get to a chance to reveal. That's why I didn't believe him. No choice but to go with it for now, but based on what we know of Jetscode - I'd think he'd be much more responsible with his play as Cop.

Did you see how goody 2 shoes he was last game? As a roleless townie?

I want to see how some of these conversations shake out, but if you look at my most recent list above, you'll have an idea of where I'm looking.

Makes sense. If you feel strongly about them, shoot em. If not, take out an inactive. But there's no reason to risk yourself tonight (and if you're a LLwhoL, odds are our cop catches you tonight anyway, so that's fine with me, too); being kill-proof is a damn good way to win the game at endgame (think about it - killproof townie + doc + other townie v. 1 or 2 scum is very good odds for the town).

I agree with Doggin on the role I28 claimed sounding like a real Lily role. Right up her alley. Also explains a lot of I28's actions and many of my suspicions.

Unvote

Mmhm. Almost too convenient; if our cop investigates I28 and he turns out to be scum, its almost a guarantee that one of the DMers who knows about Lily's role inventiveness is on the scum team.

(Note: if I28 is a godfather, we're in serious trouble - but I wouldn't worry about that as a possibility until WAY down the road).

This is why I talked about calling bluffs. I'm not in any position to lead a charge on calling Jetscode a bluff, but his arrogance to me resonated as scum trying to egg on his train to get to a chance to reveal. That's why I didn't believe him. No choice but to go with it for now, but based on what we know of Jetscode - I'd think he'd be much more responsible with his play as Cop.

Did you see how goody 2 shoes he was last game? As a roleless townie?

There is exactly zero upside to lynching Jetscode now. If he's a liar, then at worst he's a dead man when our cop turns up dead. At best, our cop outs another scum and we lynch Jetscode the next day (getting 2 scum and our cop still alive).

On the other hand, if Jetscode is telling the truth, then we just lynched our cop Day 1.

Again, our best case scenario if we lynch JC today is the same as our worst case scenario if we don't lynch him today - Jetscode as dead scum. The only difference is when it happens, and in a 22 player game, the difference between it happening day 1 and day 4 is negligible. Certainly not enough to justify the risk of lynch a cop-claimant.

What I did wrong to get lynched.

It's funny, people give mote of a sh*t over me reading 28 as town than anything else which is dumb when you and others have proclaimed "town read on such and such."

? not understanding

Bah @ CTM your defense for JiF is that he was skimming? If you actually read my case it clearly shows he wasn't skimming at the time of SMC death and knew what was going on. FOS CTM.

just to clarify..that's not a defense.. skimming is scummy.. they already know who everyoen is and don't need to read as closely.

Sweet. I honestly do not care if I die early.

CTM asking for a cop kill and waving his pom poms at the possibility if getting me or JVoR killed.

asking for a cop kill?

Even when acting "out of annoyance" you still acted with your head. You knew what the situation was when you offered yourself up to JiF and Pac.

Why are you acting like Jetscode is automatically the fake one? I admit I have reservations whether he is legit or not, but the way you are posting you really want to lynch him. Why are you leaning so hard on him not being legit?

Just to answer your question JVOR, because I was going to FoS you after reading this post and then wombat did it so I'm assuming he saw the same thing I did, if not he can give you his answer but I think this is major rolefishing. Someone may or may not have some information and it seems like you are rolefishing for a potentional "real" cop to step up and claim if JC if indeed a fake one.

yes, what i'm saying is that i'd like to lynch him, but I know we can't..

Well, we are at deadline day and apparently everyone wants to let a guy on day 3 of in-activeness live. Cool. I'll have to put out what I think is the best I have since I'm sure I'll either be attracting attention from the town or from I28. At this stage I believe JVoR is the most sure thing I have for scum. He's played insanely even keel, and hasn't broken out into his more "over-thinking" sort of tendencies when town. JVoR is a guy that loooooves playing the scenarios. It's what makes him a really great player. When he doesn't attack those sort of things it means to me that he's just trying to keep the flow of things normal, and away from him.

His vote on you was the lock for me. What you said was scummy, sure. But in all honesty I don't comprehend how people don't see your point of view. Especially someone who plays out scenarios as well as JVoR. Seems to me he wanted to try and attack what could be seen as a horribly scummy thing and try and latch onto it and drive it home.

Additionally, JVoR did something that I was alluding to before when you said "Don't understand." When I'm scum, I know I have gone ahead and named my "town reads" to everyone. Makes you friends, makes people like you. This was the post I'm referring to:

To me, at worst I have a neutral read on Integrity at this point. He isn't doing anything particularly out of character, nor do his actions ring to me really as scummy. Which kind of makes some of the attacks on him kind of curious to me. Maybe i'm missing something, what is he doing that is pinging people that he's scum?

Jetsfan80 to me a is a pretty strong town read at this point. But otherwise, nothing much else is distinguishing itself. Maybe leaning town on JiF based on his reactions to the antics of yesterday. I really really doubt that he'd threaten to quit as a tactic to gain support. I think he was legitimately frustrated at me. Who knows why though...;) I have my eye on a few people and probably will bring it up if they "hang themselves" a little more. It's too early for cases to me at least, so I want a little more evidence before I bring it up.

I mostly voted him to nudge him out of inactivity, but Jetscode's reactions haven't exactly made me think "Oh, he's definitely sounds like a townie, i'd look elsewhere" Maybe that's just his reaction to pressure. For now i'm okay with keeping my vote on him.

Just seems like he's trying to be friends with everyone, name his innocents to gain their trust, and sunk his teeth in to you the second you showed a possible weakness.

Unvote

Vote: JVOR

Updated unofficial vote count:

I28 (6) – JC, JiF, CTM, Slats, Pac, Brett

Jetscode (2) – AVM, Dan X

Barm (2) – Sharrow

Gato (1) – BG

BG (1) – Gato

CTM (1) – JVoR

JIF (5) - Hess, Wombat, JF80, Doggin, I28

JVoR (1) - Vicious

Not voting: Barm, Song, Verbal, SMC

Based on votes/unvotes since this post:

Vote count:

Edited to include Vic's vote in the prior post

Well, we are at deadline day and apparently everyone wants to let a guy on day 3 of in-activeness live. Cool. I'll have to put out what I think is the best I have since I'm sure I'll either be attracting attention from the town or from I28. At this stage I believe JVoR is the most sure thing I have for scum. He's played insanely even keel, and hasn't broken out into his more "over-thinking" sort of tendencies when town. JVoR is a guy that loooooves playing the scenarios. It's what makes him a really great player. When he doesn't attack those sort of things it means to me that he's just trying to keep the flow of things normal, and away from him.

His vote on you was the lock for me. What you said was scummy, sure. But in all honesty I don't comprehend how people don't see your point of view. Especially someone who plays out scenarios as well as JVoR. Seems to me he wanted to try and attack what could be seen as a horribly scummy thing and try and latch onto it and drive it home.

Additionally, JVoR did something that I was alluding to before when you said "Don't understand." When I'm scum, I know I have gone ahead and named my "town reads" to everyone. Makes you friends, makes people like you. This was the post I'm referring to:

Just seems like he's trying to be friends with everyone, name his innocents to gain their trust, and sunk his teeth in to you the second you showed a possible weakness.

Unvote

Vote: JVOR

I was waiting until day 2 and beyond to name people I thought who were suspicious. I don't blame you, i've been playing differently this game and part of it is to change up my gameplay. There's been enough meat on the game so far for me to say what I actually think.

People near the top of my list for scum: Song, Slats, and CTM

Getting scummy vibes/leaning scum: Crusher(smc)

People who I'm leaning town: I28, Vicious, Doggin.

People who i strongly believe are town: Jetsfan80

Not sure: Jetscode. Depends on if there is ever a counterclaim.

People I have absolutely no read for due to lack of volume: AVM, Sharrow, Barm

The rest are more less neutral reads for me now.

The rationale behind JiF boils down to him being lazy or him not being truthful? There is a lot going on, but it's hard to ignore what happened with the random kill, especially since JiF voted for I28 because of the post-random kill discussion. But JiF does have stretches of lazy play. On the other side is JVoR and his rolefishing or, at least, perceived rolefishing. What's more detrimental to the town? Lazy/untruthful or rolefishing? I'll go rolefishing.

VOTE: JVOR

@Vicious.

You really call what I did to JiF and CTM making friends? Just wondering. I may not be taking much of a leadership role this game but I don't really think i've gone out of my way to curry people's favor.

You did say you were neutral or leaning town on Crusher.(Edited, meant to say JiF)

If I'm wrong I'm wrong but for now I see too many similarities in things that scum do and what you're doing. Of course you're not going to be friends with EVERYONE, but you can try and buddy up to certain people. The CTM vote just seems like trying to take out his knees from under him.

I leave my case to the expert. DAN X

Updated unofficial vote count:

I28 (6) – JC, JiF, CTM, Slats, Pac, Brett

Jetscode (2) – AVM, Dan X

Barm (2) – Sharrow

Gato (1) – BG

BG (1) – Gato

CTM (1) – JVoR

JIF (5) - Hess, Wombat, JF80, Doggin, I28

JVoR (1) - Vicious

Not voting: Barm, Song, Verbal, SMC

Based on votes/unvotes since this post:

Edited to include Vic's vote in the prior post

I unvoted... if it didn't count for whatever reason UNVOTE

I don't think I'm going to be able to read as carefully as I'd like until after 5 so I'll vote at that time.

You did say you were neutral or leaning town on Crusher.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong but for now I see too many similarities in things that scum do and what you're doing. Of course you're not going to be friends with EVERYONE, but you can try and buddy up to certain people. The CTM vote just seems like trying to take out his knees from under him.

I leave my case to the expert. DAN X

I don't recall saying that. my interaction with crusher was over defining what "neutral read" was. And please don't leave it up to Dan, she'll say i'm scummy no matter what. Ruthless at times. :D

Well, for some reason I don't like many of the lynches on the board right now. The only one of the leading vote getters I was okay with is Jetscode and that's on hold for now for obvious reasons. Also, I wasn't rolefishing. If I was mafia and thought CTM was cop I would've just shot him. No need to go out of my way to ask a question like that in public view.

Here is the conspiracy theorist in me:

I28 is scum, now what we SHOULD expect is 2 deaths on N1 (I28 + scum)... however, if we only see one, and its 1 of 3 of I28's targets, we chalk it up to it being I28 and scum targeting JC and getting blocked, or another fail. When really what it would be is scum (i28 included) simply NKing one of I28s targets, which confirms him to town. The only reason I think this is possible is because I think its weird that I28 only gets a kill on N1, and the claim fit perfectly after a cop reveal. Also fits in well with the bulletproof is some rooms, which like CTM said I don't believe should have been claimed so early, and bulletproof is always a great scum claim.

All conspiracys, likely untrue, but a thought that just crossed my mind.

Anyways, Unvote I28

Vote Jif

unvote for now.

Monkeyman, I don't like to make lists on D1 like a couple here like to, but I can say that I don't feel much need to defend any of your top suspects.

When Doggin entered the game, I was certain that he had to be town. These posts stink to me, though.

Makes sense. If you feel strongly about them, shoot em. If not, take out an inactive. But there's no reason to risk yourself tonight (and if you're a LLwhoL, odds are our cop catches you tonight anyway, so that's fine with me, too); being kill-proof is a damn good way to win the game at endgame (think about it - killproof townie + doc + other townie v. 1 or 2 scum is very good odds for the town).

Mmhm. Almost too convenient; if our cop investigates I28 and he turns out to be scum, its almost a guarantee that one of the DMers who knows about Lily's role inventiveness is on the scum team.

(Note: if I28 is a godfather, we're in serious trouble - but I wouldn't worry about that as a possibility until WAY down the road).

Why are you directing the cop to investigate I28?

Archived