So This Is How The 2011 Red Sox Should Line-Up

CrazyCarl40

Let me repeat the difference for your feeble mind. The Yankees trade prospects for major league players all the time. What they don't do is send their underlings to small market teams who then proceed to give them players for mediocre prospects. Thats the difference. The yankees actually get held up in trades all the time which is why they really haven't been able to do these trades recently. Boston sends their plants to other teams then steals players for nothing.

Who did they trade to get Bobby Abreu.

I could go on, but it is not my job to inform the incapable.

Over/under on Mike getting banned again? 2 weeks. I take the under

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who did they trade to get Bobby Abreu.

I could go on, but it is not my job to inform the incapable.

Over/under on Mike getting banned again? 2 weeks. I take the under

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Because the Phillies are a small market team that is very comparable to the Padres. Also what former yankee underling did they do that trade with? WOW you suck as a poster. I know you want me banned because I'm one of the only people who call you out for how awful your points are but don't hold your breath. You've pretty much been relegated to responding to every one of my posts to troll for a response with points that are always off topic and complete nonsense.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Because the Phillies are a small market team that is very comparable to the Padres. WOW you suck as a poster. I know you want me banned because I'm one of the only people who call you out for how awful your points are but don't hold your breath.

Again I ask, who did they trade for Abreu?

What does it matter market size? They Yankees traded nothing for a player of value with a salary.

If you don't see that, well you are just a plain homer. Which we know.

I hope you DON'T get banned. The hilarity you bring is entertaining. Like watching a car wreck

What does it matter market size? They Yankees traded nothing for a player of value with a salary.

I hope you DON'T get banned. The hilarity you bring is entertaining. Like watching a car wreck

There is a difference of a cash trade (Abreu was due 16 mill in '08, and the Phls were out of it in '07 when the trade was made) and handing over a player before the season with a favorable salary (Gonzo)

The Yanks have been blackballed by the league in making trades....the package the Mess gave up for Santana was a fraction of what the Twins wanted from the yanks

There is a difference of a cash trade (Abreu was due 16 mill in '08, and the Phls were out of it in '07 when the trade was made) and handing over a player before the season with a favorable salary (Gonzo)

The Yanks have been blackballed b Twins wanted from the league in making trades....the package the Mess gave up for Santana was a fraction of what the Yanks

There really is not a difference. They are bad for the sport

The reason the Pods traded Gozo this winter, they felt they could get more than at the deadline. Reasonable thinking

I know you don't really care about the actual topic and that you're just trolling for a response as usual with a nonsense argument but anyone who equates Abreu who was making 14 million that year and declining in performance to Gonzalez who makes 5 million this season and is one of the best players in baseball is either moronic or retarded or both. NTM the absence of the affinity scam and the Phillies being another big market team.

I know you don't really care about the actual topic and that you're just trolling for a response as usual with a nonsense argument but anyone who equates Abreu who was making 14 million that year and declining in performance to Gonzalez who makes 5 million this season and is one of the best players in baseball is either moronic or retarded or both. NTM the absence of the affinity scam and the Phillies being another big market team.

Shush, adults are talking. Go back to the child's table

Shush, adults are talking. Go back to the child's table

Yeah, the adults who add nothing whatsoever to the conversation other than taking the treads off topic and just trolls for a response while their horrible posts are picked apart by everyone else here. You are so bad as a poster it's actually interesting how you find new ways to suck.

Yeah but giving up their 28 year old best player who was signed for under 5 million to their GM's butt buddy for a mediocre package made PERFECT sense for the padres. Your homerism never fails to put a smirk on my face.

The Padres couldn't re-sign him. They made out very well on the trade. You're a joke. All you do is post conjecture and made up stuff. No where have you provided proof or facts about ANYTHING. Why did they even let you back here?

The Padres couldn't re-sign him. They made out very well on the trade. You're a joke. All you do is post conjecture and made up stuff. No where have you provided proof or facts about ANYTHING. Why did they even let you back here?

Says the biggest homer in the history of this board. Funny stuff. Actually whats really funny is that Boston is playing like garbage even with their stolen 1B. Maybe they should've stolen some pitchers instead...

You obviously are not versed in baseball history.

During the second half of the 1950s, folks derisively referred to the Kansas City A’s as a “farm team” of the New York Yankees. Trades between the two—often lopsided—were commonplace, and it seemed every time the Yankees needed that one final piece for yet another pennant run, the A’s filled the gap.

madmike brings up how the Redsox raped the PAdres of their amazing 1st basemen, and you bring up something random from 50 years ago?

stop spewing out stuff my grandfather told me 10 years ago and admit the Sawx treated the Padres like a 2 dollar hoe.

Yeah but giving up their 28 year old best player who was signed for under 5 million to their GM's butt buddy for a mediocre package made PERFECT sense for the padres. Your homerism never fails to put a smirk on my face.

Neither does your lack of baseball knowledge.

The Padres do not have an endless supply of money and Gonzo was a valuable commodity. His trade value was not going to get higher because everyday they hold onto him, he is one step closer to being a free agent. No team is going to overpay for a guy that might be a half season rental.

The Padres got two top prospects.

there's NO REASON the Padres couldn't have landed Bucholz or Bard in that trade.

Padres are a ******* joke.

Trade two pitchers who are not eligible for free agency until 2015 and 2016 for a guy that will be a free agent after this season?

Are you crazy?

For a Yankees fan, you sure are awfully enamored with the Red Sox. Shouldn't you be paying attention to your team, like you told someone else in another thread? Or do the rules not apply to you?

The yankees are not the greatest team of all time why would i care about them? I'm interested in greatness.

Here is another Michael Kay nugget.

No team has started the season 0-4 and gone on to win the World Series.

No team ever came back from a 3-0 deficit in the playoffs before either. Until the Sox did it.

It's a long season. A 5 game losing streak looks bad at the beginning of the year and it hasn't been pretty that's for damn sure, but there is a lot of baseball yet to be played.

And as for JonE and MM and the other Yankees trolls, revel in it now boys. I know you enjoy the Sox misery more than the enjoyment of your own team. Stay classy boys.

No team ever came back from a 3-0 deficit in the playoffs before either. Until the Sox did it.

It's a long season. A 5 game losing streak looks bad at the beginning of the year and it hasn't been pretty that's for damn sure, but there is a lot of baseball yet to be played.

And as for JonE and MM and the other Yankees trolls, revel in it now boys. I know you enjoy the Sox misery more than the enjoyment of your own team. Stay classy boys.

The second I saw all these morons in the media drooling over Boston's team this year I knew it was gonna be a fun year.

Sawx lineup is really really good.......just not the 7, 8, and 9 hitters

The starting pitchers are very good.....except for the 3,4 5 starters

Best team money can buy.....maybe

5 games is a justifiable sample size and it makes sense to make hasty generalizations about a team 5 games into the season.

5 games is a justifiable sample size and it makes sense to make hasty generalizations about a team 5 games into the season.

Sawx have lost 16 of 17 going back to spring training

It's starting to become a problem

Yes, it is wayyyyyyyy to early, but the expectations of this mediocre team were way out of whack

Sawx have lost 16 of 17 going back to spring training

It's starting to become a problem

Yes, it is wayyyyyyyy to early, but the expectations of this mediocre team were way out of whack

Spring training means nothing. If it was July, no one would bat an eye at a 5 game losing streak. I'd rather them play like crap now than in September and October. It's a long season. The team is obviously better than mediocre. Do you even post about your own team anymore? Nothing to comment on about Soriano not talking to the press and owning up to his blowing the game?

Spring training means nothing. If it was July, no one would bat an eye at a 5 game losing streak. I'd rather them play like crap now than in September and October. It's a long season. The team is obviously better than mediocre. Do you even post about your own team anymore? Nothing to comment on about Soriano not talking to the press and owning up to his blowing the game?

Because the yankees are playing fine. They aren't 0-5 with the greatest collection of talent in baseball history.

Archived