Jets Planning to Bring Back Jenkins

Jetfan13

A source told Metro.us.com that the Jets will be offering Kris Jenkins to sign a one-year deal.

A league source told Metro the Jets plan to offer a one-year contract to nose tackle Kris Jenkins, who they cut Monday. The source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the Jets would like to bring back Jenkins at a reduced salary. The 10-year veteran, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in the first quarter in Week 1, was released Monday along with right tackle Damien Woody and linebacker Jason Taylor. Jenkins was set to enter the fourth year of a five-year deal signed in 2008, due to make $6.4 million in 2011.

Other teams have begun to express interest in the former All-Pro, but Jenkins initial preference would be to stay a Jet, the source said, although he will listen to other offers.

A source told Metro.us.com that the Jets will be offering Kris Jenkins to sign a one-year deal.

A league source told Metro the Jets plan to offer a one-year contract to nose tackle Kris Jenkins, who they cut Monday. The source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the Jets would like to bring back Jenkins at a reduced salary. The 10-year veteran, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in the first quarter in Week 1, was released Monday along with right tackle Damien Woody and linebacker Jason Taylor. Jenkins was set to enter the fourth year of a five-year deal signed in 2008, due to make $6.4 million in 2011.

Other teams have begun to express interest in the former All-Pro, but Jenkins initial preference would be to stay a Jet, the source said, although he will listen to other offers.

Maybe this is why Jenkins is still on the banner?

Filling a glaring need position with IR Jenkins is a big gamble again. Id rather not.

absolutely,100%,the right move here.a healthy jenkins does what no other human being can do.holds the point of attack and consistently pushes 2 olineman 3 yards into the backfield.what other options are there?pryce?please.pouha?decent run stopper and holds the point well,but rarely sees the backfield.a healthy jenkins can and will make this defense click.problem is you cant pay him to sit on the sideline.a minimal deal with heavy incentives is what the doctor ordered.hopefully,he can keep his weight down and take his rehab seriously

People are looking at this all wrong. Bringing back Jenkins does not mean that the Jets still can't pursue a younger option either via the draft or elsewhere. Jenkins at the right price is a risk any 3-4 team should take. I highly doubt any organization would bring in Jenkins without either being happy with alternatives on their roster (Pouha) or without an alternate plan to add additional bodies at that position.

Yea ha ha SD and I were discussing something and you felt the need to throw a dig at me. Nothing to do with the topic. LOL

You honestly think you were discussing something?

You may want to re-read what SD had to say to you.

BTW I hope Jenkins signs, comes back and has a pro bowl season then eats Bob Sanders and sh*tz him out.

You honestly think you were discussing something?

You may want to re-read what SD had to say to you.

BTW I hope Jenkins signs, comes back and has a pro bowl season then eats Bob Sanders and sh*tz him out.

Me too, but highly unlikely. Are we still discussing?

The obvious problem with this is how can you ever depend on him- even when he was healthy the jets had to give him blows in the games. Wish him the best to try to make it back though.

The obvious problem with this is how can you ever depend on him- even when he was healthy the jets had to give him blows in the games. Wish him the best to try to make it back though.

That's just it. You don't depend on him. He's gravy. If he plays great, if he doesn't you shouldn't be out much.

That's just it. You don't depend on him. He's gravy. If he plays great, if he doesn't you shouldn't be out much.

as long as the price is right that is. We need that 6.1 million he would have cost us this year to re-sign the FA guys who CAN be depended upon to stay healthy

as long as the price is right that is. We need that 6.1 million he would have cost us this year to re-sign the FA guys who CAN be depended upon to stay healthy

Exactly. This is exactly like Sanders. You make an offer. If the guy takes it, great. If not you know that you didn't want to go any further on the risk/reward scale.

Logic? I have common sense something you lack.

Visajet, with all due respect how can you on one hand claim that the Jets need to go after Bob Sanders with vigor, and then discount Jenkins.

I am not making a case for either player, but what you seem to be doing is in line with a hypocrite.

Personally, if I were to make a case, it would be easier to do it with Jenkins, because the Jets know so much btter what his problems have been -they have all the medical records and opinions.

State your case in some coherent manner.

Visajet, with all due respect how can you on one hand claim that the Jets need to go after Bob Sanders with vigor, and then discount Jenkins.

I am not making a case for either player, but what you seem to be doing is in line with a hypocrite.

Personally, if I were to make a case, it would be easier to do it with Jenkins, because the Jets know so much btter what his problems have been -they have all the medical records and opinions.

State your case in some coherent manner.

Jenkins has failed us. I know injuries happen and last years was a fluke. But I dont think hes dedicated to football and staying in shape. Im just disgusted and aggravated with his continual injury prone career here. We really need a hard hitting safety of Bob Sanders calibre. A healthy Bob Sanders as ive said all along. We gave Jenkins 2 chances why not give Bob Sanders one? (Too late hes signed)

Jenkins has failed us. I know injuries happen and last years was a fluke. But I dont think hes dedicated to football and staying in shape. Im just disgusted and aggravated with his continual injury prone career here. We really need a hard hitting safety of Bob Sanders calibre. A healthy Bob Sanders as ive said all along. We gave Jenkins 2 chances why not give Bob Sanders one? (Too late hes signed)

If I am not mistaken, wasn't Jenkin's leg rolled up on? I can't recall with certainty (but it looked like an injury that would happen to anyone in that circumstance).

Sanders has failed someone else. They are even in that regard.

If I am not mistaken, wasn't Jenkin's leg rolled up on? I can't recall with certainty (but it looked like an injury that would happen to anyone in that circumstance).

Sanders has failed someone else. They are even in that regard.

Yes and I mentioned that last years injury was a fluke. But werent other players legs also rolled up on during the course of the season?

The real point is that Sanders is just as similarly an injury risk, and you fully supported that move. Doesn't make sense

I supported it based on Jenkins already being given chances here. Its time to move on. Everyone says IF hes healthy, when will that be IF ever? Bob Sanders is an exciting football player IF healthy. We never gave Bob Sanders a chance. The NYJETS have a glaring need at safety. Maybe im being critical of Jenkins or just plain tired of his injury prone career here.

FWIW - Kris Jenkins healthy >>>>>>> Bob Sanders healthy

Archived