Need thoughts on reputation changes

Maxman

Hey let me know what you think about this possible change to reputation:

http://community.inv...tion-mode-like/

We have extended this system in 3.2.0 to add a new reputation 'mode' selectable from the Admin Control Panel. This new mode works in the same manner as a "like" system often seen on social networking sites.

This "like" system is an even better visual way for identifying good content and makes it more personal by leaving your name in the "like" list rather than it being an anonymous donation.

Here are some screen shots:

Note: the following screen shots have been taken from my local development board. Expect the final interface to change

Resized to 80% (was 822 x 729) - Click image to enlargeShades-20110218-164949.jpg

Here you can see that I've "liked" this post along with some other members.

Resized to 79% (was 824 x 736) - Click image to enlargeShades-20110218-165043.jpg

Clicking the '1 other" link brings up an inline pop-up showing exactly who has "liked" this post.

We hope that you "like" this new enhancement to our reputation system and find it brings a new level of interaction with your members.

Is it already installed? I just tried it out on a couple of posts and saw the same thing.

I miss commentary. It was my favorite of all the features the old site had.

+1

The old system trumps either of these.

Anything that tries to be more like FB loses points in my eyes, too. :lol:

Hey let me know what you think about this possible change to reputation:

http://community.inv...tion-mode-like/

We have extended this system in 3.2.0 to add a new reputation 'mode' selectable from the Admin Control Panel. This new mode works in the same manner as a "like" system often seen on social networking sites.

This "like" system is an even better visual way for identifying good content and makes it more personal by leaving your name in the "like" list rather than it being an anonymous donation.

Here are some screen shots:

Note: the following screen shots have been taken from my local development board. Expect the final interface to change

Resized to 80% (was 822 x 729) - Click image to enlargeShades-20110218-164949.jpg

Here you can see that I've "liked" this post along with some other members.

Resized to 79% (was 824 x 736) - Click image to enlargeShades-20110218-165043.jpg

Clicking the '1 other" link brings up an inline pop-up showing exactly who has "liked" this post.

We hope that you "like" this new enhancement to our reputation system and find it brings a new level of interaction with your members.

Looks good.

I've never done the Facebook...I'm guessing this is what people are referring to when you can "like" what someone posts on their account?

Yeah, that's it. It lets you interact with "friends" you didn't like in high school by pretending you like whatever their inane current status is.

Good feedback, I appreciate the thoughts. Now we are just going to do what we want anyway. But still I appreciate you taking the time out to comment.

Just kidding. I will look for something that mimmicks the old system with rep commentary....

Thanks!

Is it already installed? I just tried it out on a couple of posts and saw the same thing.

Agree with JIF... rep isn't worth having without being able to add comments with it.

Bro, I just gave you your sixth that's right SIXTH rep for your post above. Great Job! That post is ******* AWESOME!!!

Agreed but this post sucks compared to JiF's. By about six points in fact.

I didn't see how it was equitable for JiF to get 7 rep points for one post when Klecko hasn't gotten a single rep point in years. I neg repped JiF to balance the scales a little.

I didn't see how it was equitable for JiF to get 7 rep points for one post when Klecko hasn't gotten a single rep point in years. I neg repped JiF to balance the scales a little.

Thats just rude.

You will be neg repped, oh yes, you will.

And if we had commentary, I'd threaten to kick your a$$.

How about a jetnation app for my Droid?

The mobile skin should load up. It limits what is loaded up. It is blue right now and not green but otherwise it works really well for me on my droid. Let me know if this isn't working for you, thanks.

Archived