Is Jimmer Fredette a Pro?

T0mShane

I keep watching this guy and it's impressive how easily he puts the ball in the basket, especially off the dribble. But, I can't keep my racial stereotyping from seeing Rex Walters and JJ Redick, with the difference being Fredette has a better body and can get places on the floor with the bounce. Can he be a Drazen Petrovic?

Exactly. I mean come on. He plays for ******* BYU and his name's Jimmer. The guy's the most hatable college baller since JJ for those two factors alone.

I was saying this to my buddy at work a while ago... at minimum, half of the upside of being a D1 basketball star is ease of getting laid and by going to that school and using a nickname that conjures images of a dorky 8-year old, you're missing the boat bigtime.

Definitely an NBA player, just depends on what type of player. I personally feel he's gonna be a solid 20-25 minutes off the bench type of guy, and could really grow into a 15 ppg 6th man role, depending on where he ends up. He reminds me a lot of Eddie House and if in the right system I could see him be that big spark off the bench.

Some people think he could start at the 2 spot, but given his lack of size and athleticism, the only way I see him starting there is if he plays next to a larger point guard who could swap on the defensive ends. Additionally, there are those who believe he has the skills to be a starting point guard, which I personally haven't seen in the few games I've watched. However, that's also because he's forced to be the teams only offensive weapon, a lot like steph curry at davidson, and hasn't had the ability to be a facilitator. He has the ability to create his own shot off the dribble, which separates him from the jj reddicks of the world, so he is a pretty interesting prospect.

Quoting your own post on a message board is like watching yourself masturbate in a full-length mirror, you sick f*ck.

Btw, heard an interesting comparison for Jimmer as a pro: Gilbert Arenas. What say you?

I think it's bull. He's slow as Garb's vagina at driving the lane, I can't imagine him being able to hoist anything but 3's at the next level. Guys like Horford and Bynum and Howard are gonna love putting him on his a$$. It's inevitable that he gets nutted by Blake or something.

What a performance last night, this kid will find a spot in the NBA for sure. He's very creative with getting his shot off, it can come from many different angles. He'll be a valuable 6th man in the NBA IMO.

He played like sh*t last night

I think it's bull. He's slow as Garb's vagina at driving the lane, I can't imagine him being able to hoist anything but 3's at the next level. Guys like Horford and Bynum and Howard are gonna love putting him on his a$$. It's inevitable that he gets nutted by Blake or something.

Reminds me of a slower Mark Price. I thought the Arenas comparison was discounting the old Arenas, who was pretty quick. After watching Walker and Kyrie last night, it seems like the game is getting faster in the backcourt. No room for slouches.

He was chucking. 3-15 from 3. Not a very good game.

Meh, being a chucker on a team like that...cant knock him for it, especially considering he kept them in the game. He played well, number dont always tell the whole story. He can up clutch when they needed him and unfortunately for BYU, they need him every single second of the game because I'm pretty sure I could start for that team. :D

Meh, being a chucker on a team like that...cant knock him for it, especially considering he kept them in the game. He played well, number dont always tell the whole story. He can up clutch when they needed him and unfortunately for BYU, they need him every single second of the game because I'm pretty sure I could start for that team. :D

Because you're celibate?

I thought he played very well but he is slooooowwwww. Not to mention that he's not the strongest dude on the court either. He's smart enough to get creative in the lane but at the next level you really need to be blessed with some insane athletic ability to be successful and he doesn't have it. No reason he can't have a good career as a spot up shooter and rotational guy though. Can't say I'd be comfortable having him as a future starter for either guard position.

Because I'm a white boy who shots lights out and would like multiple wives.

Athlete? or player?

Kind of joke. Both are at best C athletes. Both are at best marginal pro's.

Im just trying to kick Duke while they're down. Its way too easy.

They were scared last night of Arizona's athleticism and it was wonderful to watch

Kind of joke. Both are at best C athletes. Both are at best marginal pro's.

Im just trying to kick Duke while they're down. Its way too easy.

They were scared last night of Arizona's athleticism and it was wonderful to watch

Kyle Singler's mom cried. Then Nolan Smith cried. Then I laughed. I'm such a little trooper.

Kyle Singler's mom cried. Then Nolan Smith cried. Then I laughed. I'm such a little trooper.

Duke stood around all night clueless of the a$$ kicking that was taking place. I've never seen a Duke team look so lost before on offense. Kyrie probably wanted to throw on a Wildcat uniform at halftime.

Archived