*Record stops*, Ryan Clark RIPS Goodell

Matt39

Keep telling yourself that.

Cannot compare the two... I only need to get excited about spending my money on football 8 times a year...

Football is already a $3 burger sold at $500 and people are chowing down.

What planet do you live on? Sounds awesome. A place where everyone's own bs is true.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What planet do you live on? Sounds awesome. A place where everyone's own bs is true.

Is it me or does ecurb sound like a lobbyist? PSL's....Awesome! High ticket prices....Awesome! Lots of teams not selling out...Awesome!

Cannot compare the two... I only need to get excited about spending my money on football 8 times a year...

Flash back to 1993:

"What are you guys talking about? Baseball is AMERICA'S GAME and is ONLY GETTING BETTER. People have been packing stadiums for OVER 100 YEARS and they will NEVER TURN ON BASEBALL no matter what they charge. Stupid commie alarmists!"

Flash forward to 2010:

large_yankee-stadium-empty-seats.jpeg

sounds like a certain community organizer turned president.

Nice try, but awkwardly shoehorning freeptard zingers into every thread that contains the words "money," "employees," "union," or "lies" is only tolerable if you can also offer insider draft info.

Flash back to 1993:

Flash forward to 2010:

large_yankee-stadium-empty-seats.jpeg

again... you are comparing baseball to an 8 game season... CANNOT compare... you just can't...

Baseball has always been a long boring season... and even in it's prime the stands were not full for regular games... especially the high corners....

again... you are comparing baseball to an 8 game season... CANNOT compare... you just can't...

Baseball has always been a long boring season... and even in it's prime the stands were not full for regular games... especially the high corners....

You do know that without the club/luxury suite rule in the NFL the Jets would have been blacked out on local TV a bunch of times last season right? Jacksonville sold out every game last season even though they had tarps covering sections and hardly anyone in the club/luxury suites.

Nice try, but awkwardly shoehorning freeptard zingers into every thread that contains the words "money," "employees," "union," or "lies" is only tolerable if you can also offer insider draft info.

Monkey see, monkey do, sir. Plus, I like slinging poop (the verbal kind) around. ;)

Closet lib.

..on some issues. I even lean towards the players side in this dispute...except when they start talking about the torture of COBRA payments and how expensive it is. Friggin' sends me over the edge. Welcome to the real world, fellas! That could be one of the problems...these folks (owners, players) live in some alternate universe...could be the same place ECURB resides.

..on some issues. I even lean towards the players side in this dispute...except when they start talking about the torture of COBRA payments and how expensive it is. Friggin' sends me over the edge. Welcome to the real world, fellas! That could be one of the problems...these folks (owners, players) live in some alternate universe...could be the same place ECURB resides.

It's amusing (if sad) to read about these guys actually having to sit down with an accountant and talk about cutting back on expenses like picking up your entourage's tab at bars and flying your entire extended family around the country in First Class to hang out on Easter. Reminds me of all of those people that win $1,000,000 on the lottery, believe that $1,000,000=$Infinity, and then are in bankruptcy court two years later.

This is an excellent example.

Die-hard fans loved that Saturday. Either having friends over at home, or going to a big draft party in the city. A chance to watch the first three rounds, and really get into the meat of the thing over drinks. A helluva lot of fun! The league catches onto the fact that fans enjoy that sorta thing, and completely ruin it with this Thursday/three-day nonsense.

What hard core fans don't understand is that they are a minority in any sport that they watch.

The casua fan wants things in edible bites-something they can swallow easily. the fast food syndrome. Unfortunately, they outnumber the hardcore.

What hard core fans don't understand is that they are a minority in any sport that they watch.

The casua fan wants things in edible bites-something they can swallow easily. the fast food syndrome. Unfortunately, they outnumber the hardcore.

Word. The casual fan is where the real money is made. They're the ones walking into the stadium twice a season, buying jerseys at 200% retail at the Stadium Shop, and buying all their beer and hot dogs inside, as opposed to the die-hard fan who gets his jerseys online for cheap, tailgates in the parking lot, and whose dollar value to the franchise itself ends with tickets and parking.

Word. The casual fan is where the real money is made. They're the ones walking into the stadium twice a season, buying jerseys at 200% retail at the Stadium Shop, and buying all their beer and hot dogs inside, as opposed to the die-hard fan who gets his jerseys online for cheap, tailgates in the parking lot, and whose dollar value to the franchise itself ends with tickets and parking.

The money is made with the TV contract.

The draft could still be on Saturday. The old CBA could till be in place. PSL's could be an acronym for something else and the NFL would still be printing money.

If Ryan Clark doesn't like the whole lockout, then maybe he should go to his Union and tell them to negotiate in good faith. They wanted this and your naive if you think otherwise. The league was making concessions in the negotiations, but it wasn't good enough for the union. They went into the negotiations with the total intent of decertifying. And if the players don't like what the owners are giving them then let them go do something else. No one is forcing them to play this game. I'd like to see what these players would be doing and what they would be making if not for those greedy owners giving them millions to play football.

I still don't understand the hatred for the NFL when they moved the draft to primetime last year. I love me some Pats/NFL football but don't give a crap about the draft. I don't need to know my team drafted a guy the minute it happens.

Does anyone feel the same?

Haha! Oh, man...

There used to be a 10 year waiting list for Jets tickets. Not only did that list evaporate with PSL's, but they had to advertise on TV to try to sell out the stadium. People are catching on, and more will.

This is why there's talk of a number of teams moving, other teams having trouble selling tix. And it's only getting worse.

There may be a couple people all gung-ho about their PSL investment, but I suspect most of that is defensiveness - it's gotta suck hearing over & over again about the stupid deal PSL's are. I'd be defensive, too.

Haha! Oh, man...

There used to be a 10 year waiting list for Jets tickets. Not only did that list evaporate with PSL's, but they had to advertise on TV to try to sell out the stadium. People are catching on, and more will.

This is why there's talk of a number of teams moving, other teams having trouble selling tix. And it's only getting worse.

There may be a couple people all gung-ho about their PSL investment, but I suspect most of that is defensiveness - it's gotta suck hearing over & over again about the stupid deal PSL's are. I'd be defensive, too.

People who didn't buy are more defensive than those who did.

10 year waiting list is the worst stat you could use... it was a list of like 15,000 people... lol stop making it out to be something it wasn't... there wasn't even enough people on the list to fill up one corner...

Edit: Sorry slightly more than 15k...

But hey... lets not let facts get in the way of bashing those who bought tickets.

Jets Ticket Information

New York Jets Ticket Office

1000 Fulton Avenue, Hempstead, NY 11550-1099

Telephone (516)560-8200

Fax (516)560-8192

The New York Jets are sold out on a season ticket basis. There are NO individual game tickets available. If you are not a season ticket holder, you may join the waiting list. Send your name, address, phone number and number of tickets you will need to the address or fax number listed above. Each year we will inform you of where you stand on the list.

Please be advised that the waitlist is now over 17,000 people and that we anticipate your wait to be at least 10 to 15 years.

Season ticket holders with lost or stolen tickets or other game related problems should go to the information window located at Gate D on the day of games. Please have proper identification, your account number and seating information with you. The information window at Gate D opens 3 hours before each home game and stays open until halftime. The Meadowlands Box Office may be reached by calling 201-935-3900.

10 year waiting list is the worst stat you could use... it was a list of like 15,000 people... lol stop making it out to be something it wasn't... there wasn't even enough people on the list to fill up one corner...

But hey... lets not let facts get in the way of bashing those who bought tickets.

Please be advised that the waitlist is now over 17,000 people and that we anticipate your wait to be at least 10 to 15 years.

That is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen.

Haha! 17,000+, gone in a summer! Pol Pot ain't got nothin' on Woody Johnson!

Just for fun lets also throw some attendance #'s out there so you guys don't think the JETS blowing through that huge waiting list of 20k fans killed them... lol

2010 attendance - AVG 78,596 per game (4th in NFL)

2009 attendance - AVG 77,052 per game (4th in NFL)

2008 attendance - AVG 78,482 per game (3rd in NFL)

2007 attendance - AVG 77,106 per game (3rd in NFL)

2006 attendance - AVG 77,321 per game (4th in NFL)

Yeah... that new stadium really killed em...

That is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen.

What do you mean? The fact that it took 10 years for a pool of 15k people to get a seat or that they only had 17k+?

I mean if anything they would fluff the # of people higher... so that can't be what you are shocked about.

Haha! 17,000+, gone in a summer! Pol Pot ain't got nothin' on Woody Johnson!

They could make a list again for the first 4 rows right now I am sure... and it will fill right back in...

20% turnover for the price increases they had? Plus they still sold out all of the non-club seats (which is over 70k seats)

Woody is happy with those numbers, you are the fool for laughing.

Oh and I am pretty sure that 17k number was fluffed and double padded with "upgrade" requests.

Just for fun lets also throw some attendance #'s out there so you guys don't think the JETS blowing through that huge waiting list of 20k fans killed them... lol

2010 attendance - AVG 78,596 per game (4th in NFL)

2009 attendance - AVG 77,052 per game (4th in NFL)

2008 attendance - AVG 78,482 per game (3rd in NFL)

2007 attendance - AVG 77,106 per game (3rd in NFL)

2006 attendance - AVG 77,321 per game (4th in NFL)

Yeah... that new stadium really killed em...

The NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL count tickets sold, not bums in the seats when they talk about attendance. Those stats are BS and you know it.

The NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL count tickets sold, not bums in the seats when they talk about attendance. Those stats are BS and you know it.

Huh? So now selling the tickets isn't good enough? lol that is the whole argument here...

It is irrelevant anyways because you have 5 years using the same data... so regardless of the real # it shows the PSLs did not impact the sales/attendance overall...

Huh? So now selling the tickets isn't good enough? lol that is the whole argument here...

It is irrelevant anyways because you have 5 years using the same data... so regardless of the real # it shows the PSLs did not impact the sales/attendance overall...

The Red Sox have been selling tickets to "Ace Tickets" http://www.aceticket.com/ before they went on sale to the general public. With that move the Sox can claim that every game is sold out. We all know that is BS. I'm sure the Jets do the same thing.

Not to burst your bubble or anything but there has been 1 season with PSLs. The same PSLs that require you to buy season tickets. Have fun with that "investment" in a couple of years.

The Red Sox have been selling tickets to "Ace Tickets" http://www.aceticket.com/ before they went on sale to the general public. With that move the Sox can claim that every game is sold out. We all know that is BS. I'm sure the Jets do the same thing.

Not to burst your bubble or anything but there has been 1 season with PSLs. The same PSLs that require you to buy season tickets. Have fun with that "investment" in a couple of years.

There has been one season... and it was the best in 5 years... why am I worried again?

Oh and I made sure to buy fantastic seats... the kind I used to pay stupid money for on Ebay to see the Pats/Phins games every year... so really... no worries here.

There has been one season... and it was the best in 5 years... why am I worried again?

Oh and I made sure to buy fantastic seats... the kind I used to pay stupid money for on Ebay to see the Pats/Phins games every year... so really... no worries here.

You have no reason to be worried. You think you made a good investment fo yourself, and that's all that should matter to you.

But for a large number of people who had season tickets, and another large number of people who'd been waiting for tickets a long time, it wasn't what they considered to be a smart investment. In other cities, tix aren't selling and teams are threatening to move. The lockout leads to even more disenchantment with the league as a whole.

The league is definitely sh*tting on the bulk of their fans, and like you, doesn't really seem to care.

For my part, I don't care, either. I don't buy tickets. I'm done buying merchandise. And if they make it hard to watch on TV, I'll be done with that, too. Thanks for overpaying so I can watch for free in the meantime, though. I appreciate it.

You have no reason to be worried. You think you made a good investment fo yourself, and that's all that should matter to you.

But for a large number of people who had season tickets, and another large number of people who'd been waiting for tickets a long time, it wasn't what they considered to be a smart investment. In other cities, tix aren't selling and teams are threatening to move. The lockout leads to even more disenchantment with the league as a whole.

The league is definitely sh*tting on the bulk of their fans, and like you, doesn't really seem to care.

For my part, I don't care, either. I don't buy tickets. I'm done buying merchandise. And if they make it hard to watch on TV, I'll be done with that, too. Thanks for overpaying so I can watch for free in the meantime, though. I appreciate it.

See you contradict yourself by saying I "over payed" after saying I made a good "investment" (wrong word to use anyways)

I did not over pay... I feel as though I payed for and got exactly what I expected...

Get the facts straight... the PSLs are not an investment... it is a luxury expense... you got priced out... it sucks... I get that you are bitter... but stop making it out to be something it is not... they are not sh*tting on you... they are winning more frequently than ever before... they are holding more events than ever... they are making the experience as a whole better than ever if you embrace it rather than sh*t on it yourself and blame them of doing the sh*tting.

See you contradict yourself by saying I "over payed" after saying I made a good "investment" (wrong word to use anyways)

I did not over pay... I feel as though I payed for and got exactly what I expected...

Get the facts straight... the PSLs are not an investment... it is a luxury expense... you got priced out... it sucks... I get that you are bitter... but stop making it out to be something it is not... they are not sh*tting on you... they are winning more frequently than ever before... they are holding more events than ever... they are making the experience as a whole better than ever if you embrace it rather than sh*t on it yourself and blame them of doing the sh*tting.

So you admit that your PSL is a waste of money? How much money?

You try getting the facts straight. They sold PSL's as an investment. Something you could own and then sell when you were done with your tix. It's 100% bullsh*t, but that was their selling point.

I did not get priced out. I'd've strongly considered paying more than you did had they built the covered stadium in Manhattan. I'm not spending that kind of money to schlep to Giants sh*thole II, featuring better TV's and luxury boxes, and more seats to sell, but not much else for the average fan.

People in NY have money. Tens of thousands of those people who previously held season tickets or were waiting for years on their waiting list bailed at the thought of PSL's. You think you you paid a fair price for what you got? That's fine with me, too. Most people would disagree. You pay a premium for the right to buy tickets, so you can pay a premium to park when you get there, and pay a premium for a beer or a hot dog when you finally get to the stadium. As much as I may love football, I know a rip-off when I see one. You can have it.

I'm not bitter, Dude. This has nothing to do with bitterness. I just like getting something close to fair value when I spend my money.

Archived