Summer Concerts

CrazyCarl40

Anyone going to see anyone they have been dying to see or anything cool? I've been disappointed by SPAC's line-up for the most part. Seems like a slow summer season for concerts.

Alot of artists were humiliated the past two years when they were playing in front of half-filled venues. Went to see Kings of Leon at SPAC not too long ago and there were a bunch of empty seats. Heading up there in June to see Ray LaMontagne, though.

Alot of artists were humiliated the past two years when they were playing in front of half-filled venues. Went to see Kings of Leon at SPAC not too long ago and there were a bunch of empty seats. Heading up there in June to see Ray LaMontagne, though.

They're coming back this summer and I am going to see them again. I would love to see Ray Lamontagne too, but I've decided to only go to one paid concert. Most concerts are too expensive. There are a lot of good free shows if you can find them.

They're coming back this summer and I am going to see them again. I would love to see Ray Lamontagne too, but I've decided to only go to one paid concert. Most concerts are too expensive. There are a lot of good free shows if you can find them.

Indeed. Nobody is paying $50+ per seat to anything anymore unless it's Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber. What you're seeing now is a lot of bands double-headlining. Even Metallica is loading up with a couple other hair bands to ensure full houses.

It mightn't be summer, but the big four (Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax) are going to be playing at Yankee Stadium in September. Of course, they choose to have it a couple of weeks after I land in Cali. Bastards.

21 years too late. All pale shadows of their former selves, and in the case of Anthrax, a pathetic money grubbing joke.

Going to see what ever's left on Lynrd Skynrd and the Doobie Brothers at Bethel Woods ove the summer. It's somehwere between a lovely summer evening and twisted morbid curiosity. I ain't driving though, so that should be all right. When I was growing up the only act that did this Search for More Money Tour with WHo Ever We Can Plausibly Claim is In This Band Tour was the Beach Boys. Now it's everyone.Jimmy Page wanted to take Zeppelin out without Plant, whcih did not fly. Half the Who still tour as the WHo. Ringo would love to do this. Kith Richards is dead and still touring. Suspect but for the Foo Fighters Dave Grohl and Chirs Novelsic would be touring as Nirvana with cyber Cobain. Guys gotta eat.

Indeed. Nobody is paying $50+ per seat to anything anymore unless it's Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber. What you're seeing now is a lot of bands double-headlining. Even Metallica is loading up with a couple other hair bands to ensure full houses.

Front row tickets are going for a lot more than that.

Ah, well, thats what Ive heard anyway.

21 years too late. All pale shadows of their former selves, and in the case of Anthrax, a pathetic money grubbing joke.

It would have been sick 21 years ago, although I still like the latest albums Megadeth have put out. Dave's vocals are probably horrible live at this point though.

It would have been sick 21 years ago, although I still like the latest albums Megadeth have put out. Dave's vocals are probably horrible live at this point though.

Saw them 2 years ago - he didn't sound too bad then.

I might go see Peter Gabriel.

He doesnt sound so hot live on youtube, so I dont know.

and this folks is why the music industry is no longer valid..........Youtubing an artist to watch the concert before you decide to go to that concert.....WEAK!!

and this folks is why the music industry is no longer valid..........Youtubing an artist to watch the concert before you decide to go to that concert.....WEAK!!

Yeah, I go to hear good music GAGATOWNSELL

Some performers music is so engineered to sound good that they sound like hell outside the recording studio.

Agreed. Saw them a couple of years ago with Priest and Testament. His voice sounded fine.

Well that's good. A lot of bands' vocals are f'ed up live but really good on records--see Dream Theater with James Labrie. Metropolis Part 1 is awesome live, except for the "lake of fire" part towards the end--at least from what I've seen on Youtube. He's perfectly okay when he decides to rap though. :lol:

Archived