Mafia Fantasy Football

Pac

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn straight

so you're the treasurer right? I don't trust any of these other schmucks.

and that should do it then - our league looks complete. that roster is full of the dregs of society.

just thinking aloud but with $600 I was thinking:

2 divisions 6 teams in each.

4 best records besides division winners make the playoffs.. Div winners get byes.

$300 to champ

$150 runner up

$50 for division winners

$25 each to the losers in the conf finals?

thoughts?

I don't think it's that big of a deal either way. In the two leagues I play in each year, one is 4 and the other 6, and I've never seen it make that much of a difference. Even for the best QBs in the league it's still less than 100 points difference over the course of the entire season. If anything I feel sometimes it helps to offset the over-dominance of RBs in fantasy football (although that hasn't been as bad the past couple of years). PPR on the other hand completely changes the receiver (and to a lesser extent RB) position. That said, considering that all point changes are the same across the board for everyone, I don't think it's all that big of a deal as long as people know the situation before the draft.

agreed. I actually like the no bonus set up, no ppr.. but a long as the rules are known going in, should be fine

agreed. I actually like the no bonus set up, no ppr.. but a long as the rules are known going in, should be fine

what bonuses? how often does a WR, TE, or RB go for over 150 yards in a week? maybe a couple? it's only 3 points.

what bonuses? how often does a WR, TE, or RB go for over 150 yards in a week? maybe a couple? it's only 3 points.

you mangy mutt, i was agreeing that it doesn't matter.. For all I care, give a 100 pt bonus if the athlete holds up a sign that says Pac is a doosh

you mangy mutt, i was agreeing that it doesn't matter.. For all I care, give a 100 pt bonus if the athlete holds up a sign that says Pac is a doosh

you were "agreeing it doesn't matter" by saying you don't like it? :blink:

stop whining and start studying.. you're going to get smoked.

I nominate Doggin as the treasurer.

I can set up something on yahoo and was thinking standard scoring (at least in leagues I've been in):

QB:

1 point every 20 yards passing/rushing

6 points every passing/rushing TD

2 points successful 2 pt conversion

- 2 ints or fumbles lost

RB:

1 pt every 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 points each rushing/receiving td

- 2 lost fumble

WR/TE

1 point every 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 points each receiving/rushing TD

- 2 fumbles lost

Def

2 pt sack or int

6 points TD

1 point 13 or less points allowed

2 points 10 or less points allowed

6 points shutout

Bonus points: 3 pts when a RB, WR, or TE gets over 150 yards total

Oh NO Point Per Reception! I hate that.

Unless everyone wants in which case I'm overruled.

this just off top of my head.. I know there's more.

Looks fine to me. I prefer PPR when QBs are getting 6 for TDs, but its not a sticking point.

Defense I usually go 3, 5 7 - but it really doesn't matter. Gotta account for fumbles, etc, I'm sure you know...

3pt bonus for breaking 150 yards, for RB/WR/TE, is fine.

Need to add: 3pt bonus for breaking 300 yards passing for QBs.

I think that's it... looks good.

in too late ? 2- 8 man leagues ? OMG

Plenty of time.. I'll do both leagues if it comes to it. CTM probably would too. He makes a high 6 figure salary.. just ask him.

It doesn't have to be only guys that play mafia... what about Chica Me Teapot, Bergen, Raoul Dick, Klaaaackhole etc?

Plenty of time.. I'll do both leagues if it comes to it. CTM probably would too. He makes a high 6 figure salary.. just ask him.

Maybe I'll hire one of your amigo's to manage the team for me

oh and just got great news.. The Direct TV people were supposed to come today to hook up the internet and tv's.. some putz just called and said sorry sir there's been an emergency we can't come out until next Wed.. I laid into him with my charm but to no avail.

So next 5 days no tv or internet.. just me and the LF staring at each other. I'll be single again by Monday. YEEEHAA!!

oh and just got great news.. The Direct TV people were supposed to come today to hook up the internet and tv's.. some putz just called and said sorry sir there's been an emergency we can't come out until next Wed.. I laid into him with my charm but to no avail.

So next 5 days no tv or internet.. just me and the LF staring at each other. I'll be single again by Monday. YEEEHAA!!

ugh.. i have 3 different internet connections coming in just to avoid having to talk to wife.. For me to be dark, comcast, verizon and at&t would all need to have outages. What kind of phone do you have? Some of the newer phones can be used for tethering (use phone connection w/laptop)

good news is there was a lot of rain recently, should be plenty of grass to mow

ugh.. i have 3 different internet connections coming in just to avoid having to talk to wife.. For me to be dark, comcast, verizon and at&t would all need to have outages. What kind of phone do you have? Some of the newer phones can be used for tethering (use phone connection w/laptop)

Tethering?

Isn't that when a bunch of Mexicans form a human chain when crossing the border at night, so they don't leave any potential landscaper's apprentices behind?

Have you had Direc TV internet service? Is it any good?

It's a pretty nice townhouse community so no grass to mow for me. The association outsources it to a few pollacks who do the entire community with weed whackers.

Have you had Direc TV internet service? Is it any good?

I don't know.. they won't hook it up until Wed. :(

I had cable and roadrunner here but Direct TV and their internet is what I get there. I asked about it and they said it's 3 whatevers per whatever... I guess the equivalent of standard RR.

It's a pretty nice townhouse community so no grass to mow for me. The association outsources it to a few pollacks who do the entire community with weed whackers.

Polish owned and operated?

This reminds me of a great joke, how m any pollacks does it take to weed whack a pretty nice townhouse community's lawn?

Answer: Just in Fudge

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Who would be interested in having a FF league(s) this year? Something like $50 a piece (nothing crazy) and we could use Paypal for entry fees.

one or two 12 team leagues depending on how many want to join. Who's in?

1) Pac

2) Ape

3) Vic

4) CTM

5) AVM

6) Brett

7) JC

8) JiFruitcake

9) Jetfat80

10) Hess

11) Doggin

12) BG

Potential 2nd league:

1)Smash

PAC were not going to get 11 more people I think 3 more is realistic and we can have 2 8 team leagues 12 teams is too watered down.

Smash.. you can have my spot...Works gotten a lot busier and I dont' really have time for this

nope. you're not getting out that easy. I'm going to make you suffer.

Lets see if everyone that said yes a month or 2 ago is still interested. My hunch is someone might bail making room for Smash.

nope. you're not getting out that easy. I'm going to make you suffer.

Lets see if everyone that said yes a month or 2 ago is still interested. My hunch is someone might bail making room for Smash.

Yep.. me

Archived