Mafia Fantasy Football

Pac

Who would be interested in having a FF league(s) this year? Something like $50 a piece (nothing crazy) and we could use Paypal for entry fees.

one or two 12 team leagues depending on how many want to join. Who's in?

1) Pac

2) Ape

3) Vic

4) CTM

5) AVM

6) Brett

7) JC

8) JiFruitcake

9) Jetfat80

10) Hess

11) Doggin

12) BG

Potential 2nd league:

1)Smash

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be interested, but $50 is steep, especially since I suck at Fantasy Football and never win.

Start stashing $2 a week right now.. by the end of August you'll have your fiddy.

and lets get Klaaackhole in here. I want to bury that mutt.

I nominate Doggin as the treasurer.

I can set up something on yahoo and was thinking standard scoring (at least in leagues I've been in):

QB:

1 point every 20 yards passing/rushing

6 points every passing/rushing TD

2 points successful 2 pt conversion

- 2 ints or fumbles lost

RB:

1 pt every 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 points each rushing/receiving td

- 2 lost fumble

WR/TE

1 point every 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 points each receiving/rushing TD

- 2 fumbles lost

Def

2 pt sack or int

6 points TD

1 point 13 or less points allowed

2 points 10 or less points allowed

6 points shutout

Bonus points: 3 pts when a RB, WR, or TE gets over 150 yards total

Oh NO Point Per Reception! I hate that.

Unless everyone wants in which case I'm overruled.

this just off top of my head.. I know there's more.

Pac, I don't know if I can plaay in a league that gives 6 points per passing TD. Might be my biggest pet peeve in fantasy football. But if thats what it takes to win everyones money, I can adjust.

The other one I'm in plays with 4 points per pass. TD. But it's also a .5 PPR. I honestly don't care how the points are done as long as I know a good bit before hand

The other one I'm in plays with 4 points per pass. TD. But it's also a .5 PPR. I honestly don't care how the points are done as long as I know a good bit before hand

Yeah I've always played 4 points per pass td... 6 points per pass td makes QBs way too good. But I agree, can't complain as long as we are in the know ahead of time.

yeah, where is crusher?

I'm here but I have never played fantasy football. No interest in it. Those people piss me the **** off when Im watching a game in the bar and they keep asking me questions about who done what. Also aggravates me that they where one teams jersey but root for their fantasy players against their own team. Hate those fuks. I love you all though.

I'm here but I have never played fantasy football. No interest in it. Those people piss me the **** off when Im watching a game in the bar and they keep asking me questions about who done what. Also aggravates me that they where one teams jersey but root for their fantasy players against their own team. Hate those fuks. I love you all though.

Yep, that's definitely a huge downside to fantasy football. I've been able to segregate things nicely though. When the Jets are playing, fantasy football is completely moved to the backburner. The upside is that, when the Jets game is over and I'm watching other games, it adds some excitement to games I otherwise wouldn't care about.

Yeah I've always played 4 points per pass td... 6 points per pass td makes QBs way too good. But I agree, can't complain as long as we are in the know ahead of time.

You think that's bad? Way back when I did one of my first fantasy leagues and there was no "standard scoring" out there, I was actually in a league that in it's first year actually gave points per COMPLETION (in addition to points per reception and I think even rush attempt). The number of points QBs racked up in that league was absolutely comical. The best part was I had Culpepper in one of his best years, which would have been a great play anyway, but considering all the Vikings ever did back then was throw all freakin' game since they had a bunch of nobodies at RB the points per completion made him dominant.

It's the better way to go, Pac. Otherwise it becomes completely QB-driven. If you did 6, you'd HAVE to go with points per reception to balance it out.

I don't think it's that big of a deal either way. In the two leagues I play in each year, one is 4 and the other 6, and I've never seen it make that much of a difference. Even for the best QBs in the league it's still less than 100 points difference over the course of the entire season. If anything I feel sometimes it helps to offset the over-dominance of RBs in fantasy football (although that hasn't been as bad the past couple of years). PPR on the other hand completely changes the receiver (and to a lesser extent RB) position. That said, considering that all point changes are the same across the board for everyone, I don't think it's all that big of a deal as long as people know the situation before the draft.

I don't think it's that big of a deal either way. In the two leagues I play in each year, one is 4 and the other 6, and I've never seen it make that much of a difference. Even for the best QBs in the league it's still less than 100 points difference over the course of the entire season. If anything I feel sometimes it helps to offset the over-dominance of RBs in fantasy football (although that hasn't been as bad the past couple of years). PPR on the other hand completely changes the receiver (and to a lesser extent RB) position. That said, considering that all point changes are the same across the board for everyone, I don't think it's all that big of a deal as long as people know the situation before the draft.

so does this mean your in or is all this pontification just to massage your ego?

so does this mean your in or is all this pontification just to massage your ego?

It can't be both?

I'll probably be in, I was just thinking it over is all. It's still very early on (not even accounting for the lockout), and I've already got a few leagues to keep me busy not to mention to spend a lot of money on, so I was debating it. But who am I kidding, that's never stopped me before, so why the hell not.

It's the better way to go, Pac. Otherwise it becomes completely QB-driven. If you did 6, you'd HAVE to go with points per reception to balance it out.

Although I dont care because we are all playing the same game with the same points...I agree with this.

I prefer 4pts per passing TD as well if you're not doing ppr.

Archived